Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Forseti posted:

My impression is they're fairly useless if you're not regularly tested to catch an infection ASAP? Like if you wait until you're already feeling like poo poo, your body should have spun up the immune system and be producing the antibodies anyway (especially if vaccinated) and your problem is just that there's so loving much virus everywhere that needs to be cleared.

Edit:

Well are least if we're wrong, we're gonna be wrong together!

Yep, they are the perfect get of jail free card for our incompetant politicians who get daily tests and concierge medical services while they shove the rest of us into the furnace.

Probably the reason trump is alive though no one really knew how effective they were at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Maybe I'll go to a Pittsburgh strip club one day

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Maybe I'll go to a Pittsburgh strip club one day

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hell yeah!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

While the Cardinal’s family appreciates the good intentions of those who have suggested treatments, consultations, etc., they ask that people refrain from sending anything further. They also ask that you not contact them, members of the Shrine staff, or the Cardinal’s residence in Rome to discuss his condition. Texts, phone calls and emails—while certainly solicitous and often gracious—can, inadvertently, become a burden. The family does not plan to disclose His Eminence’s location to avoid the obvious difficulties that might cause.

lmao all the tradcath chuds are screaming "HYDROXYCHLORIQUIN!!" at his family

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

jinx_player posted:

Woah, easy there Fox News viewer!

Does this quote remind anyone of anything?

i'm not trying to downplay risk or say people should be doing stupid things, but if you're vaccinated and under 60, delta is likely not going to kill you. you might get sick. you might get long covid. but you'll live.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Petey posted:

because judging by this page maybe people didn't see this under the tweet

the tl;dr is, as others have said:

— they are authorized for use for treatment for anyone who has a positive PCR test and is at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization (which has really broad and non-exclusive definitions — bmi over 25, any immune issues, any cardiovascular disease, etc), within the first 10 days of symptom onset
— they are authorized for use for prophylaxis for anyone who is unvaxxed or has at high risk of severe disease (same broad guidelines), who has been exposed to a confirmed positive or lives in a congregate setting (nursing home, prison, etc)
— depending on where you go, there are both infusions (hourlong inpatient process with IVs and stuff) and subcutaneous injections (normal jab)

quoting for a new page because it is important

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.mississippifreepress.org/15002/person-hospitalized-after-taking-livestock-ivermectin-from-feed-store-to-treat-covid-19/

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Mr. Nice! posted:

i'm not trying to downplay risk or say people should be doing stupid things, but if you're vaccinated and under 60, delta is likely not going to kill you. you might get sick. you might get long covid. but you'll live.

Honestly long covid is the thing that terrifies me the most. I just can't get Flowers for Algernon out of my head when I think about it.

Apr 7, 2003

For real though if you know anything about claim adjudication, billing, coding, etc, any sort of claim administration, it pays out the wazoo. My brother got a temp job with an insurance provider in central PA and ended up in devops administering their claims processing software. Just got poached away from them by a consultancy firm that offered him six figures when the insurance co was paying him ~$60K. There's a lot of money in that poo poo.

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
had a jokerified lmao crackping reading this in the sturgis thread just now

" I m confused can you get covid even though you got the vaccine ? "

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Man, even FF7 is falling on hard times.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
isn't the narrative among worm dust huffers that, should it kill you, you were too weak to survive anyway

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lol it's hilarious how those people would rather things like livestock medicine before the actual FDA Approved vaccines.

Someone at Church told me about it...

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Testvan posted:

had a jokerified lmao crackping reading this in the sturgis thread just now

" I m confused can you get covid even though you got the vaccine ? "

THERES A STURGIS THREAD? WHERE?!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

For real though if you know anything about claim adjudication, billing, coding, etc, any sort of claim administration, it pays out the wazoo. My brother got a temp job with an insurance provider in central PA and ended up in devops administering their claims processing software. Just got poached away from them by a consultancy firm that offered him six figures when the insurance co was paying him ~$60K. There's a lot of money in that poo poo.

lol that owns, at least the healthcare admin system will survive even if the actual healthcare system is in failure mode. :hmmrona:

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

THERES A STURGIS THREAD? WHERE?!

dont get excited it is in gbs

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

lol that owns, at least the healthcare admin system will survive even if the actual healthcare system is in failure mode. :hmmrona:

Unironic yeah, the last job I had I was a dev on a piece of claims billing software and there was quite literally a pandemic billing module.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Pillowpants posted:

THERES A STURGIS THREAD?

lol my thoughts

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sneed's Livestock Ivermectin (formerly hydroxychloroquine's)

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Testvan posted:

dont get excited it is in gbs

lookit this guy admit to reading gbs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Der Meister posted:

lookit this guy admit to reading gbs

Covid gives you GBS

Guillian Barre Syndrome

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Lol it's hilarious how those people would rather things like livestock medicine before the actual FDA Approved vaccines.

Someone at Church told me about it...

What, someone going to church is irrational and believes in something that isn't real? Really makes you think.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The Demilich posted:

Legitimate question, do I need to stop smoking/do you drug test? Cause cannabis has been keeping my depression at bay.

They supposedly drug test once at hiring, but I never got one. YMMV but you can always apply and get told to gently caress off :shrug:

Apr 7, 2003

salient posted:

makes sense, ty!! i'm going to look into previous cardiology IT position listings and the software they maintain

https://www.dicardiology.com/article/advanced-analytics-software-cardiology

apparently it's actually a thing

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

We are sooooo hosed when you stop to think about it. We haven't even turned the corner lmfao.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

give me BACK my IMMUNITY I am entitled to brunch

Apr 7, 2003

skewetoo posted:

We are sooooo hosed when you stop to think about it. We haven't even turned the corner lmfao.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Unironic yeah, the last job I had I was a dev on a piece of claims billing software and there was quite literally a pandemic billing module.

hell yeah

https://twitter.com/KFF/status/1428451205794172938?s=20

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

LMFAO c'mon man. Everyone knows the only safe sex is gay sex

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

ah so you dislike ivermectin, simply because chuds are pushing it? do tell. *gets hospitalized* sorry. im sorry. im trying to remove it

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Wrex Ruckus posted:

ah so you dislike ivermectin, simply because chuds are pushing it? do tell. *gets hospitalized* sorry. im sorry. im trying to remove it

my aunt and uncle are turbo chuds I never speak to

they got covid a few weeks ago

my aunt called me for the first time in twenty years

“can you please give me a zpak and ivermectin???”

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Forseti posted:

Honestly long covid is the thing that terrifies me the most. I just can't get Flowers for Algernon out of my head when I think about it.

its loving up my dad. one doctor thinks that covid caused some minor/unnoticeable strokes either before he was put on the vent or they happened while he was on the ventilator.

he does have long term mental impacts, but it isn't a case of going from genius to idiot. he is still just as skilled at his old job mentally, but his short term memory is lovely and it takes him a second to process things sometimes. i had to give him the numbers of an address to punch into a gps unit four times for him to be able to get them in.

all this poo poo sucks, and i'm still frustrated by trump turning a plague into an anti-trump thing.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Inceltown posted:

New Sydney restrictions. Masks outdoors unless doing strenuous exercise. Curfew in place for Cool Zone LGA's. Bunnings still open.

Sierra Madre posted:

Masks weren't mandatory outdoors before this? What an odd idea for a lockdown.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

actual outdoor transmission is incredibly rare

it's an easy restriction to implement and isn't going to hurt but it's not really going to clamp down on the real problems at the moment

masks aren't needed outdoors :downs:

covid really puncturing my opinion of that australians are any smarter than americans

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

McNugget Buddy posted:

WWE has internally pegged September as when everything will be shutdown nationwide and they won't be able to do live events

If Biden doesn't extend unemployment and rent moratoriums past Christmas, we are absolutely staring collapse in the face

It's why summerslam got kicked to a saturday: the hope that they can fill the venue if they do it on a weekend night rather than a work night.

poo poo is bad. Ivermectin is bad. People are idiots.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Der Meister posted:

“can you please give me a zpak and ivermectin???”

lol bacteria worms

throw in some diflucan as well

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

just saw this on an article about fy21 revenue

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Der Meister posted:

cool they shut down elective procedures here, I hope everyone already got that bypass surgery they needed

don't forget that most cancer treatments are considered elective

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Mr. Nice! posted:

its loving up my dad. one doctor thinks that covid caused some minor/unnoticeable strokes either before he was put on the vent or they happened while he was on the ventilator.

he does have long term mental impacts, but it isn't a case of going from genius to idiot. he is still just as skilled at his old job mentally, but his short term memory is lovely and it takes him a second to process things sometimes. i had to give him the numbers of an address to punch into a gps unit four times for him to be able to get them in.

all this poo poo sucks, and i'm still frustrated by trump turning a plague into an anti-trump thing.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he feels better with time.

Thanks for saying that, I know rationally that should be the case. It's just the thing that seems to have the most uncertainty around it so that's what my anxieties focus on. I wouldn't even have considered myself an anxious person before the pandemic, this poo poo sucks. Really feel for those out there who were already dealing with anxiety.