Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Dan Campbell just wants some coffee flavored coffee. They got mochaccino, cappuccino, frappuccino, Al Pacino, WTF???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Ah, but do they carry a Dunkaccino?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mitch

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Titties

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
All you need to know about Dan Campbell right now is he released Don Muhlback, kept Jahlani Tavai, and has lost every game he's ever coached for the Lions.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Hi, Have you met me? I said to fire Patricia before he even coached his first game when the rape allegations (truth) came out.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I genuinely hope mitch rolls into town, tears up the backups, drops like 40 on us, while getting booed at all game

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Ah, but do they carry a Dunkaccino?

Don't mind if I DO

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Don't mind if I DO

A-Dunka-Dunka-Dunka-Dunka-Dunkaccino!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

I'm thinking of getting a new Lions Jersey, since I literally don't have one of any current player, and I'm deciding between Penis Sewell and... DAN CAMPBELL?!

Should I get his Lions TE number?! Am I crazy for thinking of a coach jersey?!

Something that was mentioned on the Athletic's Lions podcast was that there's a good chance only 8-10 players current are even going to be on the roster three years from now, and half those guys are on the offensive line. This whole season is going to be about evaluating the players (And coaches), and as such buying anyone's jersey feels risky as hell.

That said, buying Campbell's old jersey is a fun gimmick, so I'd be for it. Reports from camp also indicate that Amon Ra St. Brown is gonna be really, really good, so it could be fun to get in on the ground floor of that hype train.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/1428399512876367872

If Dan Campbell stinks as a coach, him saying "I'm an rear end in a top hat" will become a pretty infamous clip but for now, a coach actually saying "My bad." Is refreshing.

Holy gently caress do I love this. How hard is it to say you hosed up? poo poo like this is why I think he's going to be a success. Accountability is so important, but players seeing you'll hold yourself accountable has to go a long way towards getting guys to buy in.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sataere posted:

Holy gently caress do I love this. How hard is it to say you hosed up? poo poo like this is why I think he's going to be a success. Accountability is so important, but players seeing you'll hold yourself accountable has to go a long way towards getting guys to buy in.

That isn't 'accountability'.
This is a high school shop teacher tough guy attitude saying 'sorry not sorry'.
He's not sorry for poo poo and he's glad to be an rear end in a top hat, and trying REAL hard to put on the 'Hell Yeah' glasses over it and it looks pathetic.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Aug 20, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2021/08/19/josh-allen-wont-play-in-the-preseason-game-against-the-bears-and-you-know-what-that-means/
Time to get hyped for Preseason, I guess.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

He's not sorry for poo poo and he's glad to be an rear end in a top hat, and trying REAL hard to put on the 'Hell Yeah' glasses over it and it looks pathetic.

My read on the situation is that Campbell was always planning on cutting Mulbach and had no idea when Mulbach's birthday was. It was probably a legitimate oversight,

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Mulbach isn’t 5 years old who gives a poo poo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hand Row posted:

lol everyone is acting like Mulbach had his party hat on and was blowing out his candles when Campbell busted into the room and cut him

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Hand Row posted:

Now don't get me wrong, of all the things that could happen in this world this is pretty miniscule, but come on. You can't at least admit that getting fired on your birthday from the career you spent your entire life preparing, working, sacrificing, and still having passion for after probably 30+ years is just a tad wrong? Besides according to Patton every 10 years you get a birthday. He was 40. It's valid. :)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

fsif posted:

My read on the situation is that Campbell was always planning on cutting Mulbach and had no idea when Mulbach's birthday was. It was probably a legitimate oversight,

That's how I read it too and it is definitely admitting he made a mistake. Campbell hasn't been a try hard rear end in a top hat all camp. Why would he start now?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Who the hell would know it’s his birthday other than the lady who bakes all the time but never eats it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I've forgotten it was my own birthday a bunch of times

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wow i just found this picture of dan muhlbach right before campbell cut him

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ted Lasso would have never cut someone on their birthday.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/BarrySanders/status/1428710515539202051

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Beef City posted:

I've seen IMAX lasers that don't project this much, holy poo poo.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/woodwardsports/status/1428404598751080456

here's the video inline

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ehud posted:

Mulbach had his party hat on and was blowing out his candles when Campbell busted into the room and cut him

This is exactly what happened and the multiple press conferences he has held to say how 'sorry' he was about it have all been to joke about it and Campbell also called him on the phone a bunch of times and then hung up

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 20, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ehud posted:

wow i just found this picture of dan muhlbach right before campbell cut him

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The bad Jeopardy host is gone. Aaron Rodgers retirement watch back on???!?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Big Beef City posted:

pictured: guy who defintely sounds thrilled to have fired his friend and former teammate on his birthday

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1428412020785881093?s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MITCH

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1428755730786627586?s=19

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Don Muhlbach is a grown man. He's 40!

He almost lost his job during Patricia's reign of terror. Another snapper gave him a good run, and there was a desire from both them and this coaching staff to have someone more athletic in the spot.

Get well Barry.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Danny LaFever posted:

Don Muhlbach is a grown man. He's 40!

Im sure he is a big boy and it wasnt devastating, but gettin laid off the day you turn 40 has still gotta suck.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Trubs lived in Gurnee wtf no wonder why it didn’t work out.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Tarik demands you respect the NVP

https://twitter.com/TarikCohen/status/1428767042719653889?s=19

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Why would you boo the legend?!!!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Hand Row posted:

Trubs lived in Gurnee wtf no wonder why it didn’t work out.

So did he live there to be close to the outlet mall or the Six Flags?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ZombieCrew posted:

Im sure he is a big boy and it wasnt devastating, but gettin laid off the day you turn 40 has still gotta suck.

Especially because that's probably the end of his career. I dunno. My birthday being the day my football career ended for the rest of my life would kinda suck?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MJeff posted:

Especially because that's probably the end of his career. I dunno. My birthday being the day my football career ended for the rest of my life would kinda suck?

And he played for the Lions for 17 years.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

hobbesmaster posted:

And he played for the Lions for 17 years.

Something something Lions themed bladerunner quote...like tears in the rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Even with the driving a lovely Camry thing, I'm shocked at a (former) starting QB having a house worth less than $1 million in this housing market.