Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Der Meister posted:

my aunt and uncle are turbo chuds I never speak to

they got covid a few weeks ago

my aunt called me for the first time in twenty years

“can you please give me a zpak and ivermectin???”

LOL did she also say that she has a spider bite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Forseti posted:

Really feel for those out there who were already dealing with anxiety.

I've had lifelong anxiety, germaphobia, and a tendency to catastrophize. Being proved right again and again over the last 18 months has been a rollercoaster of back-to-back lmaos because if I don't laugh I'll start screaming and never stop.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Forseti posted:

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he feels better with time.

Thanks for saying that, I know rationally that should be the case. It's just the thing that seems to have the most uncertainty around it so that's what my anxieties focus on. I wouldn't even have considered myself an anxious person before the pandemic, this poo poo sucks. Really feel for those out there who were already dealing with anxiety.

poo poo sucks, and there's definitely plenty to worry about. most goons are not in the category of 'people dying from breakthroughs infections.' that was the only thing I was trying to say today.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Alabama #1 !

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/08/20/alabama-leads-nation-child-covid-19-hospitalizations/

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

its loving up my dad. one doctor thinks that covid caused some minor/unnoticeable strokes either before he was put on the vent or they happened while he was on the ventilator.

he does have long term mental impacts, but it isn't a case of going from genius to idiot. he is still just as skilled at his old job mentally, but his short term memory is lovely and it takes him a second to process things sometimes. i had to give him the numbers of an address to punch into a gps unit four times for him to be able to get them in.

all this poo poo sucks, and i'm still frustrated by trump turning a plague into an anti-trump thing.

ah, so people will still be able to work after getting covidotomy, they will just be dumber. thats wonderful, the employers have nothing to worry about

sorry bout your dad

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

posting through it

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1428490723054206977?s=19

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Hungry posted:

I've had lifelong anxiety, germaphobia, and a tendency to catastrophize. Being proved right again and again over the last 18 months has been a rollercoaster of back-to-back lmaos because if I don't laugh I'll start screaming and never stop.

Lol. Same but with anxiety disorder. This catastrophe has been so much fun awoooooooooooo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wtfffffff
https://twitter.com/RIHEALTH/status/1428424426417176576

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

oh no, how could this have happened again

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

vast majority boosters

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Low energy!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

good lord

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Risutora posted:

ah, so people will still be able to work after getting covidotomy, they will just be dumber. thats wonderful, the employers have nothing to worry about

sorry bout your dad

oh no, it completely destroyed his ability to work. he was the best tractor mechanic in the company he works for prior to getting sick. that's why they're bending over backwards to keep him employed and not lose all of the knowledge in his noggin. he can't physically repair tractors now because his left arm is completely useless still, but he can drat sure tell the people who can how to do it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1428712218112233472?s=19

Good morning

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Low energy!

That's a lot of folks named Max Titers and Johan Liebert

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

fosborb posted:

good lord

fuckin hell

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

dang, good thing most of the covid surges are happening in states that waived medicaid expansion. Good poo poo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Slamming down the economic collapse accelerator

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1428541317940920322

a thrid of all students and faculty out sick already, jesus

I haven't been following the school biz as closely this year since my mom (thankfully) retired from teaching before going back to the covid mines, but this is the first I'm hearing about states outright disallowing remote and forcing them to use snow days. everything is so stupid.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

poo poo sucks, and there's definitely plenty to worry about. most goons are not in the category of 'people dying from breakthroughs infections.' that was the only thing I was trying to say today.

Assuming the hospitals don't collapse

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Lansdowne posted:

I haven't been following the school biz as closely this year since my mom (thankfully) retired from teaching before going back to the covid mines, but this is the first I'm hearing about states outright disallowing remote and forcing them to use snow days. everything is so stupid.

remote learning not allowed

how are people so loving stupid

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, that's my school district! I get emails and phone calls from Carol Birdsong all the time

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lansdowne posted:

this is same county that had the viral video of an anti mask riot during their school board meeting like last week

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lansdowne posted:

Lmao and it's not even a full month of return to School ASAP like Sleepy Joe wanted.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Petey posted:

because judging by this page maybe people didn't see this under the tweet

the tl;dr is, as others have said:

— they are authorized for use for treatment for anyone who has a positive PCR test and is at high risk for progressing to severe COVID-19 and/or hospitalization (which has really broad and non-exclusive definitions — bmi over 25, any immune issues, any cardiovascular disease, etc), within the first 10 days of symptom onset
— they are authorized for use for prophylaxis for anyone who is unvaxxed or has at high risk of severe disease (same broad guidelines), who has been exposed to a confirmed positive or lives in a congregate setting (nursing home, prison, etc)
— depending on where you go, there are both infusions (hourlong inpatient process with IVs and stuff) and subcutaneous injections (normal jab)

I'll just add in that among a ton of other Covid related data, I track therapeutic use at our hospitals. We stopped using Bamlanivimab (Eli Lilly) early on because people were getting wicked side effects and felt like poo poo for days and days afterwards. We have continued to use Casirivimab and Imdevimab (Regeneron) here and there. Overall, we have had very few folks subsequently admitted to an inpatient stay after receiving it - which was pretty impressive given we followed the guidelines in the above post and administered it mostly to folks likely to end up in the hospital. However, most of that data comes from pre-Delta days so it will be interesting to see if Regeneron can actually help with Delta (lol).

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

covid morning

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Business Gorillas posted:

Are YOU a C-SPAMMER who has had their job hosed by COVID or is being forced to go back to a plague pit so your boss can see your smile?
Do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because they have to roll the dice with death every day for a pitiful paycheck?
Do YOU have a stable internet connection for 40 hours a week and are able to read words, talk without throwing up, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
Do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah Arizona, or Illinois?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!

Hi! My name is Business Gorillas and I want to do BUSINESS with YOU!!! My company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. These are entry-level customer service positions with the following benefits:

- :siren: COMPLETELY WORK FROM HOME, WE'LL EVEN MAIL YOU A COMPUTER :siren:
- $16.00/hour starting and guaranteed full time
- A signing bonus of up to $2,000 if you stay for one year.
- Full benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, ~20 days of PTO, no-excuse sick time, and education assistance totaling a maximum of $10,000 a year.

I'm not going to lie, the jobs I have are dull and unrewarding, but I bet your current job is too! Tell those petty tyrants you debase yourself for tips to or that retail manager who keeps hitting on the 17 year olds to work with to :supaburn:GO TO HELL:supaburn: and join a company that won't ask you to risk your lungs for your pay. Hell, as long as you're not awful, there's plenty of room for promotions as soon as there's spots available!

:smith: "All I have on my resume is that I was a worker at the Dick Sucking Factory for 3 years and a Grease Trap at McDonald's..." :smith:
I DON'T CARE. I'm not here to make commissions or get money for what I'm doing, I'm here to keep you alive. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIFE FOR A PAYCHECK, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU. Send me a DM and we'll work on your resume! I'm a bullshit artist by trade, so let me help YOU get a job where you can dodge Delta.

:smith: "I'm not in one of those states you talked about..." :smith:
SEND ME A DM ANYWAYS! If I can't find you a job, I'm working with other goons that also have positions at their own companies. If they're a good fit, I'll connect you two!

:smith: "I want a WFH job, but I have skills and $16.00 doesn't work for me..." :smith:
STILL TALK TO ME! The goons I'm working with have other jobs available. Hell, if I think you're overqualified for my jobs, I'll connect you to them anyways! I want you to make as much money for as little work as possible!

WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

Inquire Within or send me an email at wfhjobsforgoons at gmail dot com

Just quoting to say it's :krad: that you're doing this

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

man im like, feeling really sad today

where is my heart warming anger and rage

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think if hospitals are overwhelmed, the majority of deaths would actually come from other than covid stuff. Your heart attacks, aspiration pneumonia, your strokes, car accidents, etc etc. The regular poo poo that we already deal with - there's no reason it slows down.

Anyway I hope it doesn't come to that, I've got a nice waiter here at Applebee's telling me about their breakfast skillets and sliders.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

oh no, it completely destroyed his ability to work. he was the best tractor mechanic in the company he works for prior to getting sick. that's why they're bending over backwards to keep him employed and not lose all of the knowledge in his noggin. he can't physically repair tractors now because his left arm is completely useless still, but he can drat sure tell the people who can how to do it.

jesus christ :stare:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Day #3 of the 3rd booster shot most of the annoying flu like symptoms are gone except for the muscle aches.

Energy level returning to normal so I stop feeling like Jeb!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

sounds like he almost certainly had a stroke

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Also lmao that we have a third more Covid admits in the past 5 days. Holy poo poo. :stare:

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Weird to see the President talking about CSPAM.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm just glad that we have a White House administration that "believes in the science"

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

every day is more and more piles of bodies and our country is teeming with raging lunatics who don’t care

we deserve this fate

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Risutora posted:

sorry bout your dad

Dunno, a workforce that's dumber and more aggressive seems like a lot of competition for management

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

fosborb posted:

good lord

roll tide!

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

man whats the going rate on a month long ICU stay. The uninsured are going to die and get hit with a million dollar bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

etalian posted:

I'm just glad that we have a White House administration that "believes in the science"

lungs