Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
they're happy to diap up, but a mask is too much and causing stress on their baby brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Shitpostradomus posted:

everyone in my office has a cough.
one employee brought their toddler in two days ago.
now the kid is so sick the employee can't come in and we don't offer PTO so no one really ever calls out.

anyhow since that eats my entire rear end like a corncob, i figured i'd make a cool poster to the CSPAM COVID festival next weekend.

Nice, I already messaged a mod to ask if I could post this on my twitter and sell prints, I'll let you know what they decide.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

durrneez posted:

does anyone else know anyone who still uses cloth masks? I know a couple people who do and it’s just…. motherfuckin WHY?????
I use a cloth mask as mask #2 if I'm wearing an n95 with an exhalation filter, it's the only acceptable answer at this point

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
No! Not Washington DC Parties!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarlenGarcia777/status/1428698472744722432?s=20

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Partner is on the phone in the other room with state labor department reporting their last employer for hella labor law violations rn and I've never been prouder lol this petit bougie tax cheat covid murdering scumbag is goin way up the river lmao

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

:lol: The argument is between people saying "Hmmm. Maybe we look like assholes if we're out sucking and loving. Think of the optics." and other people saying "But what about THE FUNDRAISING EVENTS? We can't let Republicans have a fundraising advantage!"

This is the most Democrat argument.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1428673116608344066?s=19

Lmao our media needs to be destroyed.

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1428707967768141833?s=19

Ben is right

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

That 'lollapalooza only had 200 cases!' thing is leading a bunch of people I know to take really stupid risks they shouldn't be taking. One guy I know pointed to this as why having to wear a mask while vaccinated is pointless.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Stevie Lee posted:

2nd week of September will be incredibly bad

My dining hall opens at exactly that point. Masks required everywhere indoors on campus except the place I work. Hundreds of students from all around the world, many of whom are going to be homeless because the school admitted way more new kids than housing exists for, coughing and sneezing and sucking and loving right in my vicinity.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

triple sulk posted:

biden is worse than trump because if trump were prez the libs would at least still be wearing masks out of spite

One fun thing about the may-june complete flattening of cases is even if team blue tries to argue all deaths from 1/20/21 to memorial day are Trump's fault , there's just no way to say that about anything after the mask mandate lifted

I really thought it would take 4 years for Biden to pass Trump's death count but I've consistently been wrong over and over so who the hell knows. 1k death days already have surprised me

Edit my guess was 100k dead each fall-spring due to 100m unvaccinated , all getting it, but their ifr being .1 not 1% since so many olds were vaccinated. This prediction seems way too low right now

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 20, 2021

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

:qq:

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

quote:

“Our experience last year was that quarantines were almost a reflexive response to any report [of COVID], verified or second hand, suspected or confirmed,” Hilts told Chalkbeat. “We sent thousands of students into quarantine who never got sick and in some cases they missed weeks of instruction.”
They didn't get sick because they were quarantined !!!!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

zegermans posted:

Should I just get a moderna vaccine and lie about ever having gotten janssen

Yes.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

fosborb posted:

Bidens will absolutely attend his funeral

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
from schoolteacher girlfriend, Hall County, northeast ATL.

Dr. Schofield, if you have a SEVEN GODDAMN PERCENT breakthrough rate, wouldn't the prudent thing to do be, I don't know, stopping in-person school OR AT LEAST HAVING UNIFORM RULES COUNTY WIDE ABOUT PPE
just criminally stupid ignorance at this rate, its not 2020, we've been through this once before already guys

"2 kids went home throwing up. 2 out for strep so many absent today"

she only has 17 students in her classroom right now.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

AwesomeDude posted:

This might be a dumb question and the answer is probably “just buy more” (or get a respirator which I did do), but is there any reason I couldn’t use one of those UV disinfection boxes for phones on a used K94 mask?

I think you totally could and it would probably help you keep using for a bit longer than without.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

get your unemployment denied because it is contested and the UI office is told you had the opportunity to work and turned it down

seriously I had friends who lost out on this last month of unemployment because Oregon started the go look for a job thing again for August instead of letting people just get the last month like they were supposed to. annoying.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mastershakeman posted:

I've consistently been wrong over and over

We've known this for at least 18 months

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

AwesomeDude posted:

This might be a dumb question and the answer is probably “just buy more” (or get a respirator which I did do), but is there any reason I couldn’t use one of those UV disinfection boxes for phones on a used K94 mask?

it's pointless theater. the mask's lifespan is limited by material failure and soiling. you shouldn't really need to worry about covid particles stuck in the mask, and UV isn't going to remove the dirt, sweat, and oils making the face contact points gross.

Also, most of the UV boxes are just blue LEDs, not UVC lamps. Real UVC would also cause degradation of the mask material, but I doubt that would matter much for something that's getting tossed in 30-40 hours anyways.

Just spend the money on more masks or a respirator. We're not back to the early 2020 emergency with masks being in limited supplies, yet.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Shitpostradomus posted:

now the kid is so sick the employee can't come in and we don't offer PTO so no one really ever calls out.

anyhow since that eats my entire rear end like a corncob, i figured i'd make a cool poster to the CSPAM COVID festival next weekend.

:cthulhu:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Shitpostradomus posted:

that's sick as hell

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDFTHiJR63U

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
My office has been sending secret email to people who were in the office when someone had a breakthrough case. The office manager also neglected to mention the other breakthrough cases from last week.

When people started talking to each other about it people everyone realized that there were more cases that hadn't been disclosed to the company

So, they did a little PR in the #General_Office Slack channel. It went over well because I work with Brunch Libs. The chat links to articles on how to troubleshoot your body for Covid, essentially.

And, in classic corp fashion, the guy who raises a good point gets ignored.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

a bunch of state boards of education mandated no remote learning option, even in true blue illinois. illinois did allow for kids to remote learn if they're quarantined but gave no details - apparently theyre supposed to just watch via webcam as the teacher teaches normally

every drat parent is going insane right now worrying about nonstop closures and the uncertainty behind it. second straight year where absolutely no conrete plan is in place

i assume the plan for all the southern antimask schools is to give every kid covid, close for a week, and reopen and just say its like if chickenpox hit the whole school at once

lmao

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

this rules

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don’t understand how anyone is capable of making responsible decisions anymore.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Chicago daily cases are up 24% from last week, but sure that has nothing to do with lollapalooza

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

New celebrity breakthrough infection, hot off the press

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1428715980398735361?s=20

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

:rip: Clarissa

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Crunchy Black posted:

from schoolteacher girlfriend, Hall County, northeast ATL.

how are "pockets rapidly rising" but also "contact tracing showing very few cases originating in schools?"

are they trying to blame slumber parties again?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Lacrosse posted:

Clarissa Infects It All

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

lolla was nothing but an op

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
*gets breakthrough covid*

"Everyone else needs to Do Better"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

As someone who works in enterprise IT, I can say the best way to manage a serious problem is to make sure we deploy different rules and policies and preparation to every location the problem exists and also let individuals apply or not apply those practices based on their own judgement.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Lacrosse posted:

She’s chud-lite and her fan base is entirely Christian conservative essential oils moms, so her comments sections are gonna be lit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nothus posted:

*gets breakthrough covid*

"Everyone else needs to Do Better"

lol