Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nothus posted:

*gets breakthrough covid*

"Everyone else needs to Do Better"

god it's such a lib thing to blame voters/workers for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

It's def starting to hit kkkaptains of industry :crnasickos:

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Lacrosse posted:

New celebrity breakthrough infection, hot off the press

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1428715980398735361?s=20

i haven't done much work today outside of dicking around in PS

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

what was the name of the Florida employee lady who whistleblowed that the state Covid numbers were cooked to vastly underrepresented the virus impact?

She was arrested and detained where she acquired Covid, right?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the only moral breakthrough is my breakthrough

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Sadiyalove__/status/1428732962250448902

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Ornery and Hornery posted:

what was the name of the Florida employee lady who whistleblowed that the state Covid numbers were cooked to vastly underrepresented the virus impact?

She was arrested and detained where she acquired Covid, right?

rebekah jones

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Lollapalooza is becoming the perfect encapsulation of how stupid the liberal base is about all this poo poo, but in some ways it may help.

Letting them have their obviously faked numbers at least lets them cling to an us vs. them narrative about how all the unwashed masses (see: general racism) are ruining their suck and gently caress fridays

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

U-DO Burger posted:

the only moral breakthrough is my breakthrough

which is Not My Fault

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

i need this emoji in the reaction

can you link to it on imgur or something like that plz ty

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

meet girls at the store posted:

She’s chud-lite and her fan base is entirely Christian conservative essential oils moms, so her comments sections are gonna be lit

Yeah if you haven't checked in on Hart since her Sabrina days she's become a big wheel in the christploitation film racket

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

someone is gonna do an observational study here in like 3 months and the NYT is going to have a giant headline that says "Lollapalooza actually spread the virus everywhere!!"

and since we'll all be dead it won't matter.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Yeah if you haven't checked in on Hart since her Sabrina days she's become a big wheel in the christploitation film racket

She was in God's Not Dead 2 lol

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

cr0y posted:

As someone who works in enterprise IT, I can say the best way to manage a serious problem is to make sure we deploy different rules and policies and preparation to every location the problem exists and also let individuals apply or not apply those practices based on their own judgement.

Also, don't actually implement any changes until you have at least five independent reviews and approvals, because you don't want the fix to be worse than the problem. But sometimes you just need to learn to live with the issues caused by having to restart a service every 43 seconds.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The best way to handle enterprise IT governance is to not actually let anyone use any computer

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

drat, her wiki page really goes out of its way to list her legal issues and cast doubt on her claims.

granted, she does have some odd legal quirks in her background

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

WampaLord posted:

she's also in about twenty percent of all hallmark christmas movies from the past twelve years

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

humm...will i be wasting this day laughing at Clarissa's Rapture now

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

gently caress it i'm gonna take my lunch just as bossman walks back in from lunch
he'll forget to ask what i was doing 30m later if i do that.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Iron Crowned posted:

That's how my work does it. They wait until the very last minute and then say, "one more month"

We just started WFH again this week, so I'm good until the week of Labor Day. Of course this is all entirely based on the CDC using a red color for the county, when it drops back down to orange, it's time for opener up again.

gently caress, I wish my job cared enough about us to have everyone WFH when the CDC uses a red color.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
omg my boss' wife just came back in from the DMV and she had to retake a driver test with someone that said they couldn't taste or smell
time to play race the clock i guess

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

kater posted:

I don’t understand how anyone is capable of making responsible decisions anymore.

next level crack ping realization: they never were capable of making responsible decisions :getin:

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Spergin Morlock posted:

Clarissa Infects It All

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

:sickos:

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Soap Scum posted:

i need this emoji in the reaction

can you link to it on imgur or something like that plz ty

:ssh: It's an SA smilie, I uploaded a lot of our emoticons to my company Slack (I should never had admin privileges anywhere)

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Schnorkles posted:

The best way to handle enterprise IT governance is to not actually let anyone use any computer

Pano Logic tried to market this but all that happened was their company failed and I got a really cool FPGA board for $20 off eBay

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

WampaLord posted:

lmao

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

haha what is this

rename time

[COVIDelta-19] no_fun_tab

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

clarissa disdains us all

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:five:

and when i say "was in" i mean she's one of the main characters, not like a cameo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Schnorkles posted:

someone is gonna do an observational study here in like 3 months and the NYT is going to have a giant headline that says "Lollapalooza actually spread the virus everywhere!!"

and since we'll all be dead it won't matter.

it will hopefully be a CDC MMWR morbibidity report like sturgis had lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Shitpostradomus posted:

gently caress it i'm gonna take my lunch just as bossman walks back in from lunch
he'll forget to ask what i was doing 30m later if i do that.

PLEASE REFER TO THE SIGN

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

They can't even make their own art.

https://www.squishable.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=stickers_plague_assortment_3

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fosborb posted:

how are "pockets rapidly rising" but also "contact tracing showing very few cases originating in schools?"

are they trying to blame slumber parties again?

Lallapalooza, but schools.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

cr0y posted:

As someone who works in enterprise IT, I can say the best way to manage a serious problem is to make sure we deploy different rules and policies and preparation to every location the problem exists and also let individuals apply or not apply those practices based on their own judgement.

And as somebody that has worked in a factory, I can tell you that the best way to ensure safety is to make all rules and equipment voluntary, but encouraged.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

quickest thread title change in the west

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32056210/duke-looking-source-bacteria-outbreak-coach-k-camp

LEGIONAIRRES! PLEASE! You had your time.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

cr0y posted:

As another person who works in enterprise IT, I can confirm that the actual way that any issue gets addressed is to ignore it and hope it goes away, then when someone notices, ask them to do more research into solutions. Repeat this cycle until the person asking gives up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

beautiful