Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Sister and boyfriend both popped positive, both double vaxxed. Both lost sense of smell which is a shame because they're wonderful cooks. Hope it doesn't last too long. Also sister tested negative which says quite a bit about the quality of the tests

I am so tired of explaining to my family that repeatedly claiming "vaccines work" is not a way out of the crisis. Made some headway pointing to China's success despite having the relatively ineffective Sinovac

Unironically if Americans all had WeChat none of this would have happened. We could've just used that contract tracing mini program

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Kid comes in to get tested and lists his name as just "Richardson". We find out he was hiding his first name, "Anakin".

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
please report to HR suck and gently caress friday is cancelled

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
God's Not Dead is loving hilarious, watch it.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

platzapS posted:

Kid comes in to get tested and lists his name as just "Richardson". We find out he was hiding his first name, "Anakin".

Dick Vader

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

Last year, our school community came together during the most challenging of times, and we
successfully completed the school year with zero transmission of COVID within our school
community. We all had hoped that we would have been in a better place with the pandemic at the
start of the 2021-2022 school year. However, the trends in data are proving otherwise. After
consulting with the local board of health, Pillowpants School has decided that all students,
faculty, staff, and visitors will wear a face mask indoors. This decision was made prioritizing the
safety, health, and well-being of our school community. Mask wearing indoors, in combination
with 3ft. of social distance, decreases the number of individuals who need to quarantine. These
measures will help Pillowpants to maximize learning opportunities for the children.

My kids school succeeds in spite of Sleepy Joe Biden's failure to do anything.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

platzapS posted:

I knew someone who named his kid Anakin. The guy was a real dumbass who thought the Robocop remake was good

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

platzapS posted:

Lmao his parents are hateful dorks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just like the information sharing failures of 9/11

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Iron Crowned posted:

Hell yeah! I got my 2009 DUI thrown out because they scheduled a cop funeral for my court date.

One weird trick!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Pillowpants posted:

My kids school succeeds in spite of Sleepy Joe Biden's failure to do anything.

It's still pretty incredible to me that they got people to not only swallow the 3ft poo poo, but also keep it going in spite of all the school closures. That, more than anything else to me, is a clear statement that it's more important to give people free babysitters so they can go out and die for Number than it is to keep kids safe.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

platzapS posted:

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - ANAKIN. Many such cases!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Pillowpants posted:

My coworker and her husband were not vaccinated (She has since gotten her first shot of moderna)

Were CHB and CHB's Wife vaxxed?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Is there anyone here that doesn't know someone with a breakthrough case at this point?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

watch them pivot to throw Lollapalooza under the bus as they loudly proclaim "it's NOT school, it's DEFINITELY Lollapalooza!!"

just remembering lori lightfoot blaming people gathering at home to insist bars are safe

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - ANAKIN. Many such cases!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Been sitting a half hour now waiting for my grocery pickup and I'm not even to the part where they ask me for my name yet. They have not staffed up at all for the big increase in online orders.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Pfizer: Hey bro, people are gonna need some more shots

CDC: *smirks, pushes up glasses* I think not :smug:

**1 month later**

CDC: Oh poo poo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you ever dance with DeSantis in the pale moonlight?

https://twitter.com/DavePuglisiTV/status/1428785401897050115?s=20

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the most critical issue facing florida is masks, however

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

alright goons I am two degrees of separation from Covid and I need advice: a contractor at work was reported positive early in the week, just today the maintenance guy who was working with him also tested positive and my day shift co-worker got sent home (we're in the same office for a few hours on shift change). I'm fully vaccinated (my coworker isn't) but I'm gonna see if I can get tested asap. My one worry is that idk how early the testing can pick up on it- if it comes back negative how reliably clean am I?

Covid isn't shy. If you're gonna get got, you'll know sooner than later.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

That's really, really bad! But lol the mayor's name is Bud Dyer.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

jesus christ

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

:leavemtg:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lmao the federal government might as well not even exist if they don't do poo poo about Desantis.

They will not do poo poo about Desantis

Zisky
May 6, 2003

This is really insane.

https://twitter.com/DavePuglisiTV/status/1428785670982709252?s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
You cant cut back on covid! You will regret this!

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
lmao

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

:thunk:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
me sowing: lmao hell yeah
me reaping: aaauuugh*dies of simultaneous covid and dysentery*

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
Bezos used some of that LOX to high-five space :unsmith:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zisky posted:

That's really, really bad! But lol the mayor's name is Bud Dyer.

ahahahaha

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby
Feel Good Friday post:

https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1428732648218783746?s=20

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Jesus lol things are really bad!

Edit: obligatory "gently caress the CDC" what the gently caress is going on over there

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

People like to fantasize about what the collapse of the US will look like and imagine it being some huge, cataclysmic event.

But it won’t be. It’ll be a flood of small, unforeseen, isolated failures like this. They’ll force population shift that will put strain on the system and create even more small, unforeseen, isolated collapses.

The places that survive will be the ones with enough existing institutional stability to weather and stabilize it. But as the displaced move and crowd into cities, the same impulses that led them to destroy their old homes will infect their new ones.

Florida is not a place; it is a mindset. And it will move north.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Click here to donate a Dasani DeSantis hydrationeron to an unvaccinated chud.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

FizFashizzle posted:

People like to fantasize about what the collapse of the US will look like and imagine it being some huge, cataclysmic event.

But it won’t be. It’ll be a flood of small, unforeseen, isolated failures like this. They’ll force population shift that will put strain on the system and create even more small, unforeseen, isolated collapses.

The places that survive will be the ones with enough existing institutional stability to weather and stabilize it. But as the displaced move and crowd into cities, the same impulses that led them to destroy their old homes will infect their new ones.

I hate that I know you're right.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
this is my new job now

boss wanted to know if i made anything with this doodly program he's hot to use.
nope.
most of my day is just an exercise in bullshitting since i have no middle management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

FizFashizzle posted:

calling it a mindset is too kind. it's more the absence of a mindset, a preternatural subconscious hatred and jealousy of the truly alive