Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Third World Reagan posted:

god will boil florida

don't give me hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

uber_stoat posted:

disney chat reminds me of back in 2020 when the 'rona was just kicking off and poo poo hadn't closed down yet. there was this streamer lady who made videos at Disney world and she was streaming at the park while obviously suffering from some kind of horrible sickness. her friend posted that she was "vomiting from every hole" or some such.

anyway, she's probably dead now.

There's so many shining stars that briefly appeared and then faded away from the public spotlight. I tried to find out what happened to that Q guy who tried to ramp a train into the hospital ship but all I could find was that he was arrested for "train wrecking"

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Diet Coke will save us all.

It's what plants crave!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hahaha how the gently caress is an oxygen shortage real hahaha just go outside and breathe

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Soap Scum posted:

do you sell stickers or no

You can get stickers here if he doesn't:

https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one/accessories/sticker

...they also do beach towels? for... reasons? I guess.. loving hell. What even is life anymore.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Buck Wildman posted:

anyone who believes lollapalooza was 90% vaccinated and had only 302 cases is the biggest loving rube on the face of the planet and it infuriates me how many locals believe it wholesale

Lots of people are holding that bullshit 'fact' up as justification to continue sucking and loving. It really pisses me off.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

After moving to the Orlando area it's pretty hilarious how many people have their identity created around what big fans they are of going to Disney or Universal studios (Must love Harry Potter)

The main thing I look forward after work is visiting the next new amusement park attractions.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Rectal Death Adept posted:

hahaha how the gently caress is an oxygen shortage real hahaha just go outside and breathe

IT WONT HAPPEN HERE!!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Vermont (/vərˈmɒnt/ (About this soundlisten))[8] is a state in the New England region of the United States. Vermont is the second-least-populated U.S. state and the sixth-smallest by area of the 50 U.S. states with a recorded population of 643,503 according to the 2020 U.S. census

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

empty whippet box posted:

I do not yet, been considering it though. I have the apparatus for buttons, and would have to outsource the stickers.

ah, gotcha. i don't really have things to place buttons or use fridge magnets but if it's cost negative for you of course no biggie

Rubby posted:

You can get stickers here if he doesn't:

https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one/accessories/sticker

...they also do beach towels? for... reasons? I guess.. loving hell. What even is life anymore.

oh word, will check it out, ty

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Apraxin posted:

good news, citizens of alabama - relief is at hand:
https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1428567509016317964

:stonk:
lmao if he's not dead he's going to win the next election

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

need Phil Valentine updates? well

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValentineDeathWatch/

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol the scene where murtry finally loses it and hits amos, then amos turns back with the most gleeful loving smile on his face and murtry flinches

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Tzen posted:

lmao if he's not dead he's going to win the next election

Spite and hatred will keep Trump alive for another 40 years.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I think I want to start using a respirator, but I don't want to trust this decision to Google.

I want to trust it to goons.

Are respirators better for preventing getting coronavirus? What are the qualities I need to look for when choosing a respirator. Is it even possible to buy an effective one now or have all the smart people already got what was available?

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Apraxin posted:

good news, citizens of alabama - relief is at hand:
https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1428567509016317964

:stonk:

Gonna be hilarious when he catches COVID again.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I think I want to start using a respirator, but I don't want to trust this decision to Google.

Are respirators better for preventing getting coronavirus? What are the qualities I need to look for when choosing a respirator. Is it even possible to buy an effective one now or have all the smart people already got what was available?

Just put your hand over your mouth when you breath. Jesus Christ, it's not that hard.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Are respirators better for preventing getting coronavirus?

yes. the only thing better is like, a SCUBA tank

check first post for more details. i'm sure more respirator crew people will chime in too

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Vermont (/vərˈmɒnt/ (About this soundlisten))[8] is a state in the New England region of the United States. Vermont is the second-least-populated U.S. state and the sixth-smallest by area of the 50 U.S. states with a recorded population of 643,503 according to the 2020 U.S. census

gently caress.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Just put your hand over your mouth when you breath. Jesus Christ, it's not that hard.

I'm thinking about putting together a sling that keeps the crook of my elbow attached to my mouth and nose at all times.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Kreeblah posted:

I've been thinking about buying one of those shirts anyway, but the text on the back actually did push me over. It's gonna be fun to see what kind of looks I get from people while wearing that with my respirator.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

ive had to be on the road for the past several hours
i decided i hadn't hate-listened to NPR in awhile
for 3 hours i did this
kabul, kabul, kabul, when are we sending troops back, are we sending troops back, hulu tv shows about rich people, hbo max tv shows about rich people, kamala going places, china rising influence, american influence, kabul, kabul, kabul, local bullshit about SPD, local bullshit about politics, the economy, kabul, kabul, kabul

lmao for 3 hours not a single loving segment on covid, hospitals, schools getting hosed over, etc. etc. etc.

not even a loving mention, a single loving sentence

loving lmaooooo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

please do not steal my posting gimmick :ohdear:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

it's the same as a N95 mask but generally more comfortable to wear

don't think about it like, "if I wear a respirator I am safe to eat brunch again"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tzen posted:

for 3 hours i did this
kabul, kabul, kabul, when are we sending troops back, are we sending troops back, hulu tv shows about rich people, hbo max tv shows about rich people, kamala going places, china rising influence, american influence, kabul, kabul, kabul, local bullshit about SPD, local bullshit about politics, the economy, kabul, kabul, kabul

lmao for 3 hours not a single loving segment on covid, hospitals, schools getting hosed over, etc. etc. etc.

loving lmaooooo

The old mis-direction tactic, don't look at big problems in the own backyard.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Tzen posted:

for 3 hours i did this

loving lmaooooo

https://twitter.com/MoRocca/status/1423462988137259015

NPR is a cancer

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

do Boston next

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Zeriel posted:

Gonna be hilarious when he catches COVID again.

and can't get the VIP treatment made of baby souls or whatever

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

imma crack imma ping

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

covid killed the Capitol Steps and for that deed i will forgive much.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

bernie failed us and we failed him. sorry vermont

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
loving wild we are up to whole states now. i remember when it was podunk 20,000 person towns and such

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

buy these things and you will survive

https://www.zoro.com/3m-half-mask-respirator-silicone-gray-mask-size-l-hf-803sd/i/G5775543/
this is the large size, they also have med and sm

https://www.zoro.com/3m-combination-cartridgefilter-magenta-pr-d80923/i/G5774667/
these filters will filter covid as well as smoke and anything else
i can stand in front of someone smoking and can't smell a thing

or you can go with this that will filter just covid
https://www.zoro.com/3m-filter-magenta-push-to-connect-pr-d3097/i/G5758086/

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

It's basically the same as the N95 in terms of protection, meaning a well fitted N95 should protect you in all situations. But you're not running the risk of reusing it too often and I find the process of fit-testing much more straight forward. Though I'm still normally using KN95s for most things.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

bernie failed us and we failed him. sorry vermont

Vermont should annex us. NH school board meetings being taken over by proudboys and crazy racist anti-maskers is enough for me.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Der Meister posted:

imma crack imma ping

lol no more DC parties for optics reasons, or just to reiterate the old joke how politics is show biz for ugly people.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mod sassinator posted:

it's the same as a N95 mask but generally more comfortable to wear

don't think about it like, "if I wear a respirator I am safe to eat brunch again"

The seal is much, much better and more consistent than any paper mask imo

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Tzen posted:

buy these things and you will survive

https://www.zoro.com/3m-half-mask-respirator-silicone-gray-mask-size-l-hf-803sd/i/G5775543/
this is the large size, they also have med and sm

https://www.zoro.com/3m-combination-cartridgefilter-magenta-pr-d80923/i/G5774667/
these filters will filter covid as well as smoke and anything else
i can stand in front of someone smoking and can't smell a thing

or you can go with this that will filter just covid
https://www.zoro.com/3m-filter-magenta-push-to-connect-pr-d3097/i/G5758086/

Thanks so much to you and everyone else for answering my dumb questions. Another dumb question: How do I know if I need the large or medium mask? I'm not seeing any measurements in the product specs.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

uber_stoat posted:

covid killed the Capitol Steps and for that deed i will forgive much.

wow my mother dragged me to one of theirs good loving riddance

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
man, having bad water cause of a lox shortage is just something I would never guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

And also p100 is better than n95