Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Deku's Danger Sense is going haywire when the crowd starts turning into an unruly mob. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DizzyBum posted:

Deku's Danger Sense is going haywire when the crowd starts turning into an unruly mob. :ohdear:

Speaking of which, I was just thinking that it's weird we built up Danger Sense so much as a power All Might refused to tell Izuku about given how it's failed to be important so far.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought it was more so about the 4th dying at an early age as opposed to his Quirk. Like, All Might’s dad sense kicked in or something

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Mymla posted:

Why are all the civilians standing outside in the rain just when they happen to be bringing deku back?

Bakugou is very loud.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Carlosologist posted:

I thought it was more so about the 4th dying at an early age as opposed to his Quirk. Like, All Might’s dad sense kicked in or something

Yeah, it was this. The thing about Danger Sense was all just speculation on our end based on how we thought it might work and how someone like Deku would react. Turns out our boy doesn't need a Ubisoft minimap to burn himself out.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Shigaraki wins because Nezu didn’t have the foresight to install 3001 plates

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Deku go hug your mom.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ochako is the goddamn best. Also,

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Deku go hug your mom.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 20, 2021

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, it was this. The thing about Danger Sense was all just speculation on our end based on how we thought it might work and how someone like Deku would react. Turns out our boy doesn't need a Ubisoft minimap to burn himself out.

To be fair, Danger Sense was probably how he found most of the crime he fought while he was out on his own.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Oh yeah I think he mentions something about it when he shows up the Muscular fight

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Deku go hug your mom.

He needs a bath first

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Jen X posted:

He needs a bath first

Under ideal circumstances, yes, but this is more important. That small panel of her breaking down as people are screaming broke my heart, honestly.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Jen X posted:

He needs a bath first

He's had a continuous shower for the past what, 5 chapters?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Well, MVA has finally started in the anime. They took the laziest path possible re: changing the opening sequence (the title card briefly changes to "My Villain Academia") and for whatever reason they cut the first couple of scenes of Ch 220 which establish the LoV as being dirt poor and lacking direction, just scraping by from day to day.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jassa posted:

Well, MVA has finally started in the anime. They took the laziest path possible re: changing the opening sequence (the title card briefly changes to "My Villain Academia") and for whatever reason they cut the first couple of scenes of Ch 220 which establish the LoV as being dirt poor and lacking direction, just scraping by from day to day.

Did they have anyone from the LoV take over the opening and preview narration or is it still Deku?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Larryb posted:

Did they have anyone from the LoV take over the opening and preview narration or is it still Deku?

They didn't have opening narration. Preview narration was still Deku.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jassa posted:

They didn't have opening narration. Preview narration was still Deku.

Ah, that’s a shame.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

A weekly anime being unambitious isn't surprising, sadly. Too bad they left an easy homerun on the table.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

jassa posted:

Those first couple of scenes also includes the LoV taking out the Quirk supremist. It feels weird they cut out anything considering how they had to stretch out this season.

It also means we lost out on valuable Spinner content and I'm mad about it! :mad:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That kind of makes me wonder how the anime is going to handle things when we get around to Shigaraki’s backstory

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

That kind of makes me wonder how the anime is going to handle things when we get around to Shigaraki’s backstory

Maybe how handle the end of Toga's fight next week will give an idea?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, they finally arrived at the best material in like three years, so of course, they start it by loving up the introduction. Honestly, as someone who loved MHA anime for basically all past seasons, this season is doing its best to change my opinion.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The loving audacity to pad the Joint Training out to an entire cour and then when you finally get to what people signed on to this season for, you start cutting poo poo. Y'all, you had time, you wasted it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I remember when I said they'd pad that arc out and no one believed me. I am Cassandra reborn.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

The loving audacity to pad the Joint Training out to an entire cour and then when you finally get to what people signed on to this season for, you start cutting poo poo. Y'all, you had time, you wasted it.

This has actually greatly upset me. The intro to the Meta Liberation Army was great and they skipped it. Heck despite calling this episode My Villain Academia they skipped all the events of that chapter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MonsterEnvy posted:

This has actually greatly upset me. The intro to the Meta Liberation Army was great and they skipped it. Heck despite calling this episode My Villain Academia they skipped all the events of that chapter.

I mean technically they already hosed that up because it was technically introduced in the Endeavor arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean technically they already hosed that up because it was technically introduced in the Endeavor arc.

Talking about the Detnerat commercial and stuff.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This season will definitely play out better on a rewatch but I think the MLA intro will be given more focus next week when they actually show up

the best character already arrived though (Johnny!)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Why does the anime have to keep doing my boy Spinner dirty like this?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Like all the stuff they cut is actually kind of important for context and provides more important character building than any of the poo poo they padded out Joint Training for. They've really just hosed the anime up and it sucks.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Or, they're already playing with the timeline vs the manga and it'll show up later? The chicken littling happening here, lordy.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Ochako using her gravity powers to shout from the top of UA's building reminds me of that scene from the Incredibles where Helen stretches herself taller while arguing with Bob.

Rhonne posted:

Since Kota is there, I hope he meets Eri and they start a Deku fan club.
IIRC, Eri is actually older than Kota, and I find the thought of him following her lead very funny for some reason.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Just popping into this thread to once again say that the anime sucks. Will return after the official chapter release to complain some more.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

cool kids inc. posted:

Or, they're already playing with the timeline vs the manga and it'll show up later? The chicken littling happening here, lordy.

God forbid ppl care about adaptions of stuff they like.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it’s especially annoying because so many of the anime’s shortcomings are due to its budget being redirected into those braindead movies

like, one is fine, but do you really need an annual release of a movie that’s essentially a 90-minute explosion? we already have the MCU for that

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

cool kids inc. posted:

No there is no room for lots of the stuff they cut. And a lot of it was just little moments in this episode. Like they did not just make big cuts, they made lots of smaller cuts as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Like all the stuff they cut is actually kind of important for context and provides more important character building than any of the poo poo they padded out Joint Training for. They've really just hosed the anime up and it sucks.

They padded out Endeavor Agency as well. Episode 17 of season 3 covered a single chapter.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Oxxidation posted:

it’s especially annoying because so many of the anime’s shortcomings are due to its budget being redirected into those braindead movies

like, one is fine, but do you really need an annual release of a movie that’s essentially a 90-minute explosion? we already have the MCU for that
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/To_sell_toys but it's 'tickets and back volumes of the manga'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder what Japan's reaction to this season has been like?