Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

durrneez posted:

oh no. hope your symptoms are minor.

my husband is an EM resident right now and i worry that your story will become his. he and i were vaxxed around the same time so if he brings it home, im most likely gonna get it, too. i like when he bring me home stuff from work, but not like this!!!!!

yesterday, he told me that they ran out of negative pressure rooms and had a covid+ patient on a bed, in the hallway. patient refused to wear a mask so patient was reverse-kirbying coronavirus everywhere and on everyone.

aaaaAaaaaaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

:chaostrump:

Oh yeah, we have only 4 negative pressure rooms in the ED and those are never open.

Had an incident with an anti-masker spitting on us on Monday so that’s probably my exposure unfortunately.

Going to get the antibody infusion because unfortunately my vitals are off and inflammatory markers are up. Amazing to me how fast this progresses, was feeling fine this morning now, not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Zeroisanumber posted:

Consequences? For my actions?

Might as well be thread title.

Ancient joke + the internet making someone stupid.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Glumwheels posted:

I just I’ve the way the south is exploding out to the rest of the US with infection.

are we gonna get another wave out of sturgis like last year or is it gonna be drowned out by the big wave from the south

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Had an incident with an anti-masker spitting on us on Monday so that’s probably my exposure unfortunately.

Going to get the antibody infusion because unfortunately my vitals are off and inflammatory markers are up. Amazing to me how fast this progresses, was feeling fine this morning now, not so much.
loving yikes!

wishing you a swift recovery brave goon

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.

it loving sucks so bad the people doing the most to fight this thing are being let down so hard. hopefully you still have sufficient titers

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Rubby posted:

lol. just lmao. I don't know who this is even for other than you but you told me to MAKE THE THING and internet law demands THING MADE

also Threadless marketing has been drowning me in emails saying I am missing out on retirement boat money by not doing a DOUBLE SIDED DESIGN so who am I, a certified donkey brained moron to doubt the marketing department?

I am a HackerRespirator Crew and this is my.. manifesto

YOU CAN BUY THIS ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY THING HERE: :pcgaming:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one-will-save-you/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front-back&color=black:pcgaming:

or don't. probably don't, actually. this poo poo has been run into the ground already

why no tank top optionssss

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

wow, 90%!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

durrneez posted:

oh no. hope your symptoms are minor.

my husband is an EM resident right now and i worry that your story will become his. he and i were vaxxed around the same time so if he brings it home, im most likely gonna get it, too. i like when he bring me home stuff from work, but not like this!!!!!

yesterday, he told me that they ran out of negative pressure rooms and had a covid+ patient on a bed, in the hallway. patient refused to wear a mask so patient was reverse-kirbying coronavirus everywhere and on everyone.

aaaaAaaaaaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

:chaostrump:

how the hell is it okay for a patient to refuse to do safety procedures holy poo poo

hospitals don't have the right to kick out people like that?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gladys is getting more firm in her desire to give up every day

Ms Berejiklian said the state had to be "real about" the state's COVID crisis, and now was not the time to become "fixated and panic".

"We accept that Delta is here, we accept heading to zero across the nation, especially once you open up and live freely will be an impossible task," she said.

"If NSW has had to go down this journey the earliest because of the size of our state because of the way the outbreak has grown in NSW, so be it."

NSW breaks COVID-19 case records with 825 infections, three deaths
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-21/nsw-records-825-covid-cases-three-deaths/100396208

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Captain Magic posted:

my dudes, I have to say I do not like covid

well too bad!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
just wanna say thanks to lovelyn and fascistfuzz for all the hospital stories. it helps to understand the gravity of our situation when we hear what the front lines are like

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

a bunch of cops are going to get covid and die because of this funeral and then they will have equally large maskless funerals for each one of them and so on until all the cops are dead

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Stereotype posted:

a bunch of cops are going to get covid and die because of this funeral and then they will have equally large maskless funerals for each one of them and so on until all the cops are dead

sorry, this is the doomer thread

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So when does the bombing of the pariah state of Sydney begin by the Free People's State of Australia

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Is it a genocide if those being genocide are going, "he'll yeah! Kill us dudes! Lmao!"?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Yassas, I am here for my first shot. My name? Myles Carditis.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hmm

This is the slowest week we've had all summer

Is it end of summer doldrums or are people starting to stay home??

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Gladys is getting more firm in her desire to give up every day

Ms Berejiklian said the state had to be "real about" the state's COVID crisis, and now was not the time to become "fixated and panic".

"We accept that Delta is here, we accept heading to zero across the nation, especially once you open up and live freely will be an impossible task," she said.

"If NSW has had to go down this journey the earliest because of the size of our state because of the way the outbreak has grown in NSW, so be it."

NSW breaks COVID-19 case records with 825 infections, three deaths
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-21/nsw-records-825-covid-cases-three-deaths/100396208

the other states should pretty clearly and publically state that they do not think that zero cases is impossible at all, and are in fact perfectly willing to take the measures necessary to preserve it, and if NSW doesn't want to be responsible and diligent enough then they are banished.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hmm

This is the slowest week we've had all summer

Is it end of summer doldrums or are people starting to stay home??

Everyone's on vacation right before school starts , it's why my friends from Missouri came to visit

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:cripes: I shouldn't be watching the local news but I am and they just cheerfully went "86% of beds are full locally but 68% of them aren't covid patients! That's great!"

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

so there was a local fnp that bounced around between a lot of different clinics and medical groups and she always struck me as being kinda lovely in terms of prescribing unusual things or unusual doses for usual problems... when covid broke out she was one of the first people to start sending in hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin and one time she even prescribed it to her husband after he pozzed and had him go to the loving pharmacy in person to pick his poo poo up... turns out the last medical group she was with was the last one in town to flame out of, they kicked her out and refused to notify or retain patients from the group

she stopped by for something and ran into a patient and had a full conversation outside of the pharmacy and she was telling them to buy horse ivermectin for injection at a feed store and take it orally

lol

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

crepeface posted:

nsw getting a lesson in exponential growth

I was reading this article It might not feel like it as cases rise, but NSW is controlling Delta by Catherine Bennett who is chair in epidemiology at Deakin University and she is saying that the R0 of uncontrolled Delta is 5-8 and that the R0 in Sydney is currently 1.2-1.4.
So even a half arsed lockdown is having an effect and is slowing the spread a lot and preventing infections. Of course you need to get the R0 below 1 to get it to elimination. The numbers are baked in for the next 2 weeks at least and I'd expect to see an increase. What I want to see is if the tightening of restrictions this weekend is enough to bring the R0 down further after this infection cycle. We'll see in a few weeks I guess.
I'm going to poke around the NSW Health website to see if the R0 numbers are published anywhere.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/08/21/faced-with-flood-covid-patients-queens-west-oahu-declares-disaster-honolulu-mayor-says/

quote:

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Faced with a flood of COVID-19 patients, Queen’s Medical Center West Oahu has declared a “disaster” as the hospital seeks additional support.

That’s according to Honolulu Mayor Rick Blangiardi, who spoke to Hawaii News Now on Friday.

Blangiardi said the hospital is completely overwhelmed with COVID patients.

“I just learned moments ago that Queen’s West now is closed down, not receiving any ambulances,” he said. “We have en route a mobile unit by the city, hopefully staffed with some people, it will be staffed with some people — I’m not exactly sure how many right now — to assist with what’s going on out at Queen’s West.”

Other Hawaii hospitals are expected to follow suit.

This comes as COVID-19 cases have been soaring across the state — and hospitalizations are at an all-time high.

Lt. Gov. Josh Green said as of Friday, there were 371 total COVID hospitalizations in the state.

we seem to be handling this really well

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodelphi posted:

Oh yeah, we have only 4 negative pressure rooms in the ED and those are never open.

did they at least gently caress him up outside behind a garbage dump

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
love to go to the emergency room and spit on the staff like a normal god-fearing american

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Nodelphi posted:

jfc

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Helith posted:

I was reading this article It might not feel like it as cases rise, but NSW is controlling Delta by Catherine Bennett who is chair in epidemiology at Deakin University and she is saying that the R0 of uncontrolled Delta is 5-8 and that the R0 in Sydney is currently 1.2-1.4.
So even a half arsed lockdown is having an effect and is slowing the spread a lot and preventing infections. Of course you need to get the R0 below 1 to get it to elimination. The numbers are baked in for the next 2 weeks at least and I'd expect to see an increase. What I want to see is if the tightening of restrictions this weekend is enough to bring the R0 down further after this infection cycle. We'll see in a few weeks I guess.
I'm going to poke around the NSW Health website to see if the R0 numbers are published anywhere.

lol im sorry to tell you this but in a few weeks covid will be everywhere and you’ll have no hope of containing it then.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nodelphi posted:

This qualifies as deadly assault

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Spoondick posted:

so there was a local fnp that bounced around between a lot of different clinics and medical groups and she always struck me as being kinda lovely in terms of prescribing unusual things or unusual doses for usual problems... when covid broke out she was one of the first people to start sending in hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin and one time she even prescribed it to her husband after he pozzed and had him go to the loving pharmacy in person to pick his poo poo up... turns out the last medical group she was with was the last one in town to flame out of, they kicked her out and refused to notify or retain patients from the group

she stopped by for something and ran into a patient and had a full conversation outside of the pharmacy and she was telling them to buy horse ivermectin for injection at a feed store and take it orally

lol

wait, they were telling them to get what? like, agrimectin? because ivermectin ideally shouldn't be injected in horses. I- :psyduck:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

doesn't a R0 above 1 mean eventually that R0 will grow as cases become more and more common in the population

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Stereotype posted:

the other states should pretty clearly and publically state that they do not think that zero cases is impossible at all, and are in fact perfectly willing to take the measures necessary to preserve it, and if NSW doesn't want to be responsible and diligent enough then they are banished.

The Victorian "covid commander" basically just said that at his press conference.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Casey Finnigan posted:

love to go to the emergency room and spit on the staff like a normal god-fearing american

it really is the people that make america what it is

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

FizFashizzle posted:

did they at least gently caress him up outside behind a garbage dump

No, it’s easy to get wound up about this, my wife is super pissed for example. But I sat with him and convinced him that his sats dropping into the 70’s when he tried to get up to leave was probably a bad sign and he was admitted to the hospital.

I’ve seen multiple, multiple covid cases a day so while that is the most memorable recent exposure, there’s no way to prove that’s what did it.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Stereotype posted:

They don't make big to dos for cops who don't die in a shootout.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Stereotype posted:

well too bad!

poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodelphi posted:

No, it’s easy to get wound up about this, my wife is super pissed for example. But I sat with him and convinced him that his sats dropping into the 70’s when he tried to get up to leave was probably a bad sign and he was admitted to the hospital.

I’ve seen multiple, multiple covid cases a day so while that is the most memorable recent exposure, there’s no way to prove that’s what did it.

Just nyquil and vanilla ice cream your way through it. Enjoy the Covid pay.

Lemme know if your coworkers are too cowardly to write you a zpack

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
loving lol at Lightfoot trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

covids back, baby, and it’s bad again! Awoooughuch (wolf cough)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Helith posted:

yea, i did see the r0 as 1.4

the issue i see is that the half-arsed lockdown and terrible public health communication has got people confused as hell. and that's the ones who want to do the right thing. there's also the dickheads who are going to use excuses about not knowing the proper rules and go to a engagement party or something.

just imagine if they did a proper lockdown. masks required everywhere. no "areas of interest." no bunnings, officeworks and sportscentre open.

i guess we don't have to imagine, we'll see how NZ handles delta.