Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Somebody in my local subreddit asked about where to get masks, because they're sold out everywhere. I suggest a place that still has real masks in stock. Downvoted immediately. When I comment that I wouldn't go into a public place in anything less than a legitimate N95, insults start flying.

Top comment? "Just get some cloth ones, you can rewash them over and over again, no sense in adding to landfills."

Libs gonna lib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

covid took out that dude who dressed up as the fat computer guy on southpark already :(

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

One of our local hospitals converted their adjoining chapel into a COVID ward out of lack of space for any additional beds in the hospital proper

dying WITH jesus

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

VomitOnLino posted:

Schoolchildren will be mandated to spectate in lieu of other spectators.

lol
poo poo,
seriously?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

its hot saucerman, its a bit. jesus

im punching a wall

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

The first post needs to have respirator info. Not large meme pics

yeah the meme stuff can go in the second post

chop chop, OP!

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
We have a COVID channel at work. I usually just post what you guys write in it and I’ve made some people quite doom-brained as a result. Still have plenty of libs since its a huge company but lots more crack-pinging in that channel.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

there's a mask mandate going into effect on monday and everybody i know is treating this weekend as a last hurrah to go drinking without masks. lmao we're hosed

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
anyone got a good study/example showing outdoor transmission of delta? my friends still seem to think outdoor transmission is impossible while we get blasted by vapes and smoke directly from peoples’ plague lungs

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Stoop Kid posted:

anyone got a good study/example showing outdoor transmission of delta? my friends still seem to think outdoor transmission is impossible while we get blasted by vapes and smoke directly from peoples’ plague lungs

smoking nicotine or weed makes you immune to covid

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

the thing that happened months ago in india is for some reason happening here, who could have ever seen this coming

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Stoop Kid posted:

its an airborne virus with an r0 of 5-8. theyre loving morons if they think their outdoor suck and fucks are safe havens.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

the thing that happened months ago in india is for some reason happening here, who could have ever seen this coming

the future is impossible to predict unless you're a witch

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i am harry posted:

covid took out that dude who dressed up as the fat computer guy on southpark already :(

that guy who took pictures next to the Magic the Gathering asscracks had better be careful :ohdear:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Stereotype posted:

the future is impossible to predict unless you're a witch

always knew cspam was a witches coven

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
tonight is the end of a therapists recommended two week decompress cycle from the news, the forums (NOT THAT I TOLD HER ABOUT YA'LL LOL gently caress), covid dashboards, pictures of "the brave Mujahideen fighters" and "the gallant people of Afghanistan" retaking their country, etc, and the old thread gets sent off to the showers to get gassed AND WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON IN KING COUNTY

less suck'n'gently caress parties, more ppe pls

(forget thousands of pages in the old thread, its dead to me, 185 pages to read in the new thread :eyepop:)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Stoop Kid posted:

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/08/16/160-coronavirus-cases-linked-to-watershed-music-festival/

200+ positives from this festival, it was all outdoors

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

yo just wear an N95 if you’re outside idk why this is so hard aaaaaa

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/hyperplanes/status/1428864144128741383?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

gay_crimes posted:

yo just wear an N95 if you’re outside idk why this is so hard aaaaaa

how do i drink my whiteclaws with a mask :(

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I admit ivermectin sounds pretty cool to the ears

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Are we all dead yet?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

:goatdrugs:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/08/21/2121624/doh-finally-concedes-there-may-be-community-transmission-delta-variant

quote:

MANILA, Philippines — After weeks of denying that there is community transmission of the Delta variant in the country, the Department of Health finally conceded Saturday that the more infectious coronavirus variant may have reached that level of transmission.

“Based on the samples that we see and the results coming from the Philippine Genome Center, it looks like community transmission is there,” DOH spokesperson Maria Rosario Vergeire told state TV.

This is a marked departure from the DOH’s previous statements that tend to reject notions that there is community transmission of the Delta variant, as there was supposedly not enough evidence to prove this.

There is community transmission when people contract a disease despite having no known contact with a person infected with or exposed to the disease.

Early in August, the DOH said it is assuming that there is community transmission of the Delta variant to “better manage” the rising cases, but did not officially declare that there is that level of transmission.

The DOH’s concession came after the executive director of the PGC, which screens for coronavirus variants in select samples collected from patients, told DZBB that there is community transmission in the country.

“As far as we're concerned here in the Philippine Genome Center, we're already seeing community transmission of the Delta variant across the country. We've seen many cases where we cannot identify the source," PGC executive director Cynthia Saloma said.

Saloma also told the radio station that the Delta variant is probably driving the rise in coronavirus cases, which hit an all-time high on Friday.

Philippine health authorities have so far detected 807 Delta variant cases.

The presence of the Delta variant prompted the government to place Metro Manila under enhanced community quarantine from August 6 to August 20, but government officials admitted that it did not have any impact in lowering the number of cases.

Despite this, the government decided to ease restrictions in the capital region and in the province of Laguna, which is under the laxer modified ECQ until the end of the month.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i just ordered $30 worth of ivermectin, hell yes :getin:

and some other antiparasitics because ive got an itchy hog, ok!?! it was actually kind of hard to source :smith:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Shitpostradomus posted:

everyone in my office has a cough.
one employee brought their toddler in two days ago.
now the kid is so sick the employee can't come in and we don't offer PTO so no one really ever calls out.

anyhow since that eats my entire rear end like a corncob, i figured i'd make a cool poster to the CSPAM COVID festival next weekend.

:distonk::eek:

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

what did you find out about the registry? Do they check before giving out shots?

I don’t know if they check, but it wouldn’t surprise me. I googled “Colorado Vaccine Registry” on a whim and it took me right to the site. Entered my name and birthday and it showed all my flu shots and my Covid Shots.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Delta-Wye posted:

i just ordered $30 worth of ivermectin, hell yes :getin:

and some other antiparasitics because ive got an itchy hog, ok!?! it was actually kind of hard to source :smith:

You need PENICILLIN for that, my man

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/mccanner/status/1428799557073350660
Capitalism, ho!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

https://twitter.com/JenniferMarguli/status/1428934142323040259
Remember back like 2 years ago when the CDC had credibility lol
i suspect that this lady's opinion of the CDC has not changed much in the last two years
https://twitter.com/JenniferMarguli/status/1428378753856544770
https://twitter.com/JenniferMarguli/status/1428450536416628742
(point still stand tho lmao)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Louisgod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdrAHn_LGo

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Zokari posted:

taking bets on what the next snake oil cure will be

salt water, perhaps

drinking your own piss seems ready for prime time. after all, what do you have to lose?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm missing a lot in this new thread, who is Clarissa?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chamale posted:

she explained it all

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Palladium posted:

I admit ivermectin sounds pretty cool to the ears

it's also usually apple flavored which is nice

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Delta-Wye posted:

tonight is the end of a therapists recommended two week decompress cycle from the news, the forums (NOT THAT I TOLD HER ABOUT YA'LL LOL gently caress), covid dashboards, pictures of "the brave Mujahideen fighters" and "the gallant people of Afghanistan" retaking their country, etc, and the old thread gets sent off to the showers to get gassed AND WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON IN KING COUNTY

less suck'n'gently caress parties, more ppe pls

(forget thousands of pages in the old thread, its dead to me, 185 pages to read in the new thread :eyepop:)

hey look at that. it inexplicably and suddenly drops dramatically in the past few days. that's great news! covid is over

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Chamale posted:

Melissa Joan Hart gained fame in the early 90s for a Nickelodeon sitcom called "Clarissa Explains It All", where she'd go through the motions of being a middle-class American teenager, but she'd also break the fourth wall by addressing the audience directly about how she feels regarding the current episode's conflict or issue.

Melissa Joan Hart recently suffered a breakthrough infection of COVID-19, and was quoted as saying:

quote:

I'm mad, really mad, because we tried and we took precautions and we cut our exposure by a lot but we got a little bit lazy, and I think as a country we got a little lazy, and I'm really mad that my kids didn't have to wear a mask at school. I'm pretty sure that's where this came from. I just really hope my husband and the other ones don't get it, because if someone has to be taken to the hospital, I can't go with them

in the sense that she's blaming other people for her predicament, "Clarissa Disdains Us All" is a play on the title of her breakout role.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im sam

*guitar riff*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
they keep teasing us with these graphs that show how great it would be if we actually gave a poo poo and did something, but then they use them to justify not doing anything and so then the graphs never really do look like that. they look like death