Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man I had the weirdest dream last night that CM Punk came back to wrestling and brought an entire arena ice cream bars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

britishbornandbread posted:

I need to ask a silly question. Over here in the uk I don’t like Dynamite airing on ITV days later, I want to watch it Thursday morning so it’s easier to avoid spoilers. In order to show proper AEW support, for ratings and how popular they are over here, would a Fite TV subscription do the job?

with the aewplus add on for FiteTV you get both Dynamite and Rampage live every week, without commercials

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

with the aewplus add on for FiteTV you get both Dynamite and Rampage live every week, without commercials

It's worth saying that ITV doesn't carry the picture-in-picture stuff at all. The Blood and Guts match was extremely choppy without it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Man I had the weirdest dream last night that CM Punk came back to wrestling and brought an entire arena ice cream bars

big Andy Kaufman move

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also fite has almost never crashed for me, and the only complaint I've really had about it is the time TNT couldn't guarantee the start time because of a basketball game or something and fite decided to just air it 3 hours later instead of going live when TBS did :argh:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Between QT and CM Punk's first promo, this week has been a hell of a Vince slapping :allears:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

Yes

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

HELLO EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SPECIAL CM PUNK THEMED PROP BET! This one is not only for a CM Punk themed 24 hour probation for the losers, but a special edition FREE avatar for the winners! To make the wager, quote this post.

Does AEW Rampage beat AEW Dynamite in the rating? We will be using the Monday figure to score this.

Yes/No answers only. If it does exactly identical, then everyone who bet gets the free avatar. Both the avatar and the probation are CM Punk themed.

yes!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

STONE COLD 64 posted:

YES

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yes.

We’re either going to have a samey looking thread next week or a wonderfully quiet thread for a day.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've watched Punk's entrance about 10 times this morning. For so long it seemed like the Story of CM Punk was of a guy who could have changed the game but had to fight for every inch he got and got so burned out from the fight that he became a bitter jaded rear end in a top hat and we all thought that was the final chapter but it turns out it never was and instead the story ends with Punk being welcomed back as a hero and falling back in love with wrestling. Tony gave CM Punk a happy ending :unsmith:

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Thanks for the Fite info.

I don’t have any interest in the other federations on that network like GCW, Impact, the Japanese stuff etc BUT could indulge, is there a wider subscription that covers these guys AND AEW’s weekly shows?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
PWT is still hosed up, incredible.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mark Henry: "we saw a lil' crack in their foundation right there"
Taz: "we definately saw a crack"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That CM Punk thing was the legit insanest thing I've seen in wrestling. That pop, and then it went on for SIX MINUTES. The emotion in his eyes, the crying people.

Wow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1428945350178578435

FROM THE RED HOOK...... TAAAAAAAAAAAZZ

"IT'S TAZZ!"

*insipid Taz commentary*

Imagine the pop if HOOK had come out though

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That CM Punk thing was the legit insanest thing I've seen in wrestling. That pop, and then it went on for SIX MINUTES. The emotion in his eyes, the crying people.

Wow.

That sign is savage. I loved that there was a sign with "IF CM PUNK ISN'T HERE WE RIOT", and another not far from it with "IF CM PUNK IS HERE WE RIOT" :bisonyes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched the media scrum and the whole way through Tony's eyes are bugging out like he can't believe it's actually happening :lol:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Thanks for the Fite info.

I don’t have any interest in the other federations on that network like GCW, Impact, the Japanese stuff etc BUT could indulge, is there a wider subscription that covers these guys AND AEW’s weekly shows?

to my knowledge there is no subscription that covers *everything*

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

explosivo posted:

Feels like an elder god has been awakened tonight. Like this was a virtual impossibility to even conceive of happening; the most fantasy of fantasy booking best case pie in the sky maybe years down the road type event and AEW did it in two years with one of them happening during a pandemic.

AEW's a runaway freight train right now and it's all but confirmed that we're going to get to do this again with goddamn Bryan Danielson imminently. AEW rules and y'all rule too

It occurs to me that if I was booking AEW in TEW2020 before the pandemic I probably wouldn't have hired CM Punk due to it being too unrealistic. Would've felt like cheating.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rarity posted:

I watched the media scrum and the whole way through Tony's eyes are bugging out like he can't believe it's actually happening :lol:

thats just how he looks 90% of the time

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Can you blame him?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yes

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Sticky Nate posted:

to my knowledge there is no subscription that covers *everything*

That’s fair enough. AEW is the priority, so next payday I’ll get a sub sorted.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yes

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Rarity posted:

I've watched Punk's entrance about 10 times this morning. For so long it seemed like the Story of CM Punk was of a guy who could have changed the game but had to fight for every inch he got and got so burned out from the fight that he became a bitter jaded rear end in a top hat and we all thought that was the final chapter but it turns out it never was and instead the story ends with Punk being welcomed back as a hero and falling back in love with wrestling. Tony gave CM Punk a happy ending :unsmith:

How many people has Tony given a happy ending now? Sting is a proud facepaint papa instead of being embedded in a ring post. Tall Paul gets to cut the BS and finally control his fate. Matt Hardy gets to resume being bold and experimental instead of being reduced to a nostalgia throwback to a 2016 angle. Christian went from the Jannetty of E&C and Mr. Blue Dot to a wily, canny veteran who spent 20 minutes carrying AEW's new show debut with the TNA titles.

At this point we can safely say that WWE ruins people. Punk had become such an rear end in a top hat we were literally saying AEW doesn't need him dragging down their locker room. And yet, look at him now. It's amazing what a change of environment and a chance to do what you love can do to help a person do a total 180.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Easiest yes ever

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MJeff posted:

Okay, so you know how I've spent the last month going "I DUNNO GUYS, I REALLY THINK THEY SHOULD DO A TRIOS MATCH WITH PUNK FIRST"

Takin' my L. I'm takin' my L. That was fuckin' stupid. All Out is gonna loving rule.

Same: the whole "they should have MJF fake out the crowd first and have CM Punk lay him out" thing? Nah. This was 100% the way to do it. No gimmicks, no loving around, just let the man get his 6 minute pop.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Yes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That’s fair enough. AEW is the priority, so next payday I’ll get a sub sorted.

Just an an FYI, the OP of the Wrestling Questions thread includes a breakdown (mostly up to date, I should probably double-check that) of each major promotion and how to access their content.

AEW you're already aware of, but several of the major Japanese promotions are available through the Wrestle Universe services: NOAH (serious), DDT (lots of comedy, some serious) and TJPW (female pro-wrestling, a mixture of serious and comedy). New Japan is the biggest Japanese standalone promotion and 99% of their content is available live and then archived on their New Japan World service, and their parent company also owns and runs Stardom World which is probably the biggest/best known female wrestling promotion in Japan (though I'd argue TJPW is holding its own). Wrestle Universe and New Japan World are both incredible value for money, arguably Wrestle Universe moreso simply because you get so much wrestling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

explosivo posted:

Lol @ the dorks who said they weren't buying All Out because Hangman wasn't going to be fighting Kenny

I expect any of these goons caught posting in the GDT to be sixered for files :colbert:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good morning. saturday morning. aew has changed the landscape.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

yea ok posted:

:hmmyes:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

yea ok posted:

there's a punk in it now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

wrestling finally good again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

yea ok posted:

What a lovely company :)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
who wants to plan a heist with me?

https://twitter.com/UnitedCenter/status/1428944438139703299

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

yea ok posted:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

IWTV is a good value if the indies interest you. There's plenty of Daniel Garcia on there.