Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Vasukhani posted:

I'm literally positive they would do it fine if they allowed battery development

I'm sure Formula E is getting to that point. I think the series is doing very well for itself, actually. It seems to have a plan of incrementing its way to a more open rulebook with each generation of car. There will always be interest in independent teams participating in the series because of the cost controls in place. Without that, the series runs the risk of growing too quickly and dying out just as quickly. That factory teams have been coming on board has been more of a bonus, with some of them leaving feeling like an "oh well, they'll be back eventually" kind of deal.

Let Formula E stick to its plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Trust the process????

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Remember just a few months ago when most of the grid ran out of energy

They’re certainly heading in the right direction if you’ve only been paying attention since the end of April.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Dudley posted:

One thing to take into account for LeMans is there's going to be a LOT less traffic in the race.

The GTs are quicker, the hypercars are slower than last year's LMP2s.

It was 45 seconds front to back last year. This year it's 26.

And the gap front to LMP2 has gone from 10 seconds to 2. So they're gonna be seeing the front of that field 1/5th as often.

This also means it won't be as easy for the Hypercars to get by when they do lap the slower classes, so we might see more McNish-2011-like risky dives from the top class cars

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
There's also several teams pulling out of Formula E in the next few years as LMH/LMDh spin up to be the next hotness.

Edit:

Xisticide posted:

This also means it won't be as easy for the Hypercars to get by when they do lap the slower classes, so we might see more McNish-2011-like risky dives from the top class cars

We already saw some of that at Portimaõ, with a glickenhaus getting tangled with a P2 going for a move on a GT into T5

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't see it posted but it has been confirmed Gt3s from 2024.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
GTE Pro ending after 2022, seems no planned pro class for GT3 moving forward, so Corvette will have to find some amateur drivers if they wanna keep GT Racing at Le Mans in 2023 and beyond

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

GTE Pro ending after 2022, seems no planned pro class for GT3 moving forward, so Corvette will have to find some amateur drivers if they wanna keep GT Racing at Le Mans in 2023 and beyond

Just do what other carmakers do right now in GTE-Am/GTD and enter a driver from their junior team as a silver driver.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
GTE Am requires 2 ams, at least one bronze

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

There's also several teams pulling out of Formula E in the next few years as LMH/LMDh spin up to be the next hotness.

Audi - pulling out, going to Dakar and LMDh
BMW - pulling out, going to LMDh
Mercedes - pulling out, saving money

I’m guessing the marketing return isn’t worth the investment. As well, LMDh has a chance to become customer projects, and all three of those know what their own GT3 businesses are. There’s a chance they can pay back the project with cash coming back in, not just marketing, which almost never happens in racing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Ok, game time. I remember two years ago Motortrend wasn't poo poo, but I did the UK VPN trick. Should I give them a chance this year or stick with FIA WEC?

e: haha FIA already showing Error 500

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Aug 21, 2021

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

Ok, game time. I remember two years ago Motortrend wasn't poo poo, but I did the UK VPN trick. Should I give them a chance this year or stick with FIA WEC?

e: haha FIA already showing Error 500

motortrend was good for hyperpole and night practice it was the euro sport feed

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Raining! :getin:

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 21, 2021

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LMAO

Sickos: Yes.

It's looking like it might pass in a few hours.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's vroom and wet time!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"Considering a safety car start"

For fucks sake.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Xisticide posted:

The Toyota will just hybrid them but it's certainly going to be hell for the Alpine.

The Glickenhaus will be happy just to be ahead of the LMP2 field.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dudley posted:

"Considering a safety car start"

For fucks sake.
Considering it looks like there's more water than track... On the other hand, it sucks :(

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It just feels like they do this literally every time it's not perfectly dry.

That said in this case even I might have to accept it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

McNish saying he'd send them out on inters behind the SC.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Rainy The Mans

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Who's still on the jack for the formation lap?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

uh-oh, a P2 is stuck on the jacks on the grid

Shumagorath posted:

Who's still on the jack for the formation lap?

#20 High Class car

[edit] I've got the WEC app beaming to the TV right now

lmao the head of Ferrari taking cell phone videos while waving the tricolor. amazing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Which at least makes the jokes easier.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Which at least makes the jokes easier.

something something raising the ride height for wet-weather running

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Zoom!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

harperdc posted:

[edit] I've got the WEC app beaming to the TV right now
I'm jealous - this is my... fifth? year streaming the WEC website with my laptop hooked into the TV. It would be nice to have something native on XBox and not need a VPN. This year I'm not even bothering to mute WEC for RLM.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ah the stealth SC start, don't announce it in the deadline but then just leave the SC out.

So what's the point of the 15 minute deadline?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
lol a loving PIT manoeuvre in the first turn, good to see Forza drivers have gone pro

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Glickenhaus, heroes of LMP2.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hear me out:

Lmao

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Love it already

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
starting to come around to the idea of track sprinklers

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I didn't even know the BTCC was racing this week.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

^^^^^ somewhere in the UK, Jason Plato just felt a twinge in the back of his neck and he isn't quite sure why

Shumagorath posted:

lol a loving PIT manoeuvre in the first turn, good to see Forza drivers have gone pro

the bundles of P2 and GTE cars running together also have some real public lobby vibes

[edit] christ the Alpine spun too

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I don't want to go to bed while everything is going crazy haha.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

How the gently caress is the Glickenhaus allowed to drive around with broken headlights?
Race director is asleep.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The Peugeot 9X8 for the 2022 Le Mans:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

God that looks good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Also, how does Glickenhaus manage to wear a cowboy hat over a pair of racing headphones?