Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

quote:

Elias stood in front of a crackling fire, holding his guitar in his hands. After one last twang, he tossed his guitar on the flames and said "Elias is a gift." A few more tears followed the guitar.

And then there was silence. Elias was gone, a familiar and reassuring presence taken from the high school football program. As coaches and players met, the school security officer and the coaches dealt with the news. How to handle the next two hours remained a question.

For days, they couldn't get it out of their minds. What do you tell your children?

It was certainly a unique day at my home in small-town Minnesota. I grew up in a neighboring town and remember watching games when I was growing up, but that day was different. I didn't have to put my boys to bed that night. I didn't have to explain things to my wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If only it was set in Maine, I'd believe that was the opening to a Stephen King story.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Armitage posted:

Elias stood in front of a crackling fire, holding his guitar in his hands. After one last twang, he tossed his guitar on the flames and said "Elias is a gift." A few more tears followed the guitar.

And then there was silence. Elias was gone, a familiar and reassuring presence taken from the high school football program. As coaches and players met, the school security officer and the coaches dealt with the news. How to handle the next two hours remained a question.

For days, they couldn't get it out of their minds. What do you tell your children?

It was certainly a unique day at my home in small-town Minnesota. I grew up in a neighboring town and remember watching games when I was growing up, but that day was different. I didn't have to put my boys to bed that night. I didn't have to explain things to my wife.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

quote:

After forcing John Cena to tap out, Roman Reigns stood tall at SummerSlam. He got on the microphone and said "there are no other challengers for me!" Just then, familiar music played and the audience roared. It was Samoa Joe, who attacked Reigns from behind.

A Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe match is currently slated for WWE's Hell In A Cell pay-per-view, which takes place at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas on September 16.

After a clash of heads, Joe forced Reigns to one knee. "He's a real man," Joe said. "And I'm not."

(I edited out the rest, which was a bunch of moves)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful :shobon:

Edward Mass posted:

"He's a real man," Joe said. "And I'm not."

Jesus, it really does understand Vince McMahon's gunge-filled skull.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Matt Riddle prevented Omos from interfering, and this allowed Randy Orton to defeat AJ Styles in a hard hitting battle in the main event of RAW. After the match, Riddle convinced Orton to give him a hug. Orton did so after being urged from the crowd. Orton then repaid Riddle by giving him a big slap.

Afterwards, Orton and Riddle appeared in the ring to hype the upcoming pay-per-view.

SmackDown LIVE (12/18)

The Christmas Miracle continued as SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon gave Vince McMahon a brand new lease on life. Shane announced that they would team up to face Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn at the Royal Rumble. McMahon also booked AJ Styles to defend his WWE Title against WWE Champion Daniel Bryan at the Royal Rumble.

Shinsuke Nakamura and Baron Corbin met up in the ring, with Corbin pushing Nakamura against the ring post, and then turning his attention to the Phenomenal One. The two had a heated stare-down before Nakamura and Corbin shook hands and shook hands.

This forced AJ Styles to deliver a hard staredown of his own, which preceded the match against Shinsuke Nakamura. This match did not end without controversy, as Corbin attacked Styles after the match. Styles recovered with a chair in hand and proceeded to attack Corbin with it. Shane McMahon came out to make the save, and delivered Corbin with a big superkick before leaving the ringside area. Corbin, however, stood up and delivered a clothesline to Styles.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

All in all, 7.5/10 smackdown I've seen worse.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I liked the part where Corbin and Nakamura shook hands and shook hands.

anyway here is a dril tweet

quote:

i was one of the villains in WWE. my name was "Lex"

i love the dumb ones.

Anyways, back to WCW.

My plan was to go to WWE and join some workman like troup and feud with The Hart Foundation and Savage as a replacement for the Macho Man Randy Savage.

In the very beginning of my run, i wore a backpack and a fishnet shirt and was billed as the "deer hunter".

Eventually i graduated to wearing a rubber snake belt buckle which would pop

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The critics have spoken.

Top p .75

Sampling .92

quote:

Christian whill beat Kenny twice in a row. if you are reading this from the future read the rest of this post. if you're reading it before the kenny omega versus christian match then stop reading. but if you're reading it after, notice that i said "whill" which doesn't mean the same thing as will. what will means is that the winner will have a winning streak and win a match, but will is a slightly more complicated term. it can mean either will or will not win. for example: "will the girl I like choose me?" will means that she will choose you, and will not means that she won't choose you. "will will will will" is the same as "will will will will." the kenny omega versus christian match is the will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will will

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

reignofevil posted:

"will will will will"

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Chris Jericho has passed the first three Labours of Jericho. Jericho has defeated Shawn Spears, Nick Gage, and Juventud Guerrera. If Jericho wants to get his hands on MJF in the fifth and final Labour of Jericho, he needs one more win. This week on AEW Dynamite, in the Fourth Labour of Jericho, Chris Jericho will wrestle MJF, Sami Callihan, and The Young Bucks in an eight-man Ladder match. What will happen at AEW Dynamite?

8/26/18

A Six-Man Tag Team Match has taken place at A New Era. In this match, Chuckie T and Shane Helms defeated the Machine Gunns, Primo & Epico, and the team of Caleb Konley & Trevor Lee. This was for the AEW Tag Team Championships.

7/18/18

A Top Prospect Tournament Match took place at A New Era. During this match, Michael Elgin faced Corey Hollis. During the match, fans loudly booed the match as it went on. The crowd then began chanting for Cody.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Don Muraco Don Muraco Don Muraco Don Muraco Don Muraco," noted Dave Meltzer, unnoticed by Bryan Alvarez who was perusing a catalogue of overpriced microphones. "Don Muraco," Meltzer finished authoritatively. But Bryan, being the consummate professional that he is, continued glancing through the catalogue. After a few moments he began writing. Bryan wrote: 'RK.'

"You loving forgot my name," Bryan said,

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Despondent at losing to Kevin Owens and not being able to beg for money from the WWE Universe, Baron Corbin was desperate. He stumbled backstage, and saw something that caught his eye. Before anyone was aware, he grabbed Big E's cup of coffee and took a big gulp. While that may seem harmless, it has been known to cause some damage.

Coffee is known to have some caffeine, so there may not be much for you to worry about, if you aren't a coffee drinker. The last known report about this happening was Vince McMahon, who spiked a cup of coffee. Not only did it not give him the energy to make it through the night, he got a stomach bug from it. That could have been the end of his career in WWE. It's not easy getting people to help you up, much less trying to walk. It's just one more thing that makes him a complete, vicious monster.

They finally gave the WWE Universe a night off to stay home with the family. More often than not, people think the meaning of Christmas is families and spending time with each other. That means skipping out on some other commitments, like wrestling matches.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, Transformer is getting revolutionary :hellyeah:

:lol:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

that was one nasty stomach bug!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

quote:

On the second episode of AEW Rampage, fans in a packed arena absolutely roared as "Cult of Personality" hit the speakers. However, in the biggest swerve in years, the person who emerged was not the hotly anticipated CM Punk. Instead, the person who walked out of the back was none other than the consummate pro wrestler, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

The crowd had been chanting for "CM Punk" to make his long-awaited return to the company ever since it was announced he was joining the roster. However, with over 20 years of experience under his belt, Beefcake was more than qualified to step in.

"Thank you to the people for that reaction," Beefcake told F4WOnline.com following the event. "You'll get to know me pretty quickly. I'm a pro wrestler. I've been doing this for many, many years and I feel very confident that I can back it up as much as anybody else and give them what they want. "I'm a professional and I'm good and I can wrestle. It's a good feeling."

Beefcake is currently in the middle of his second run with New Japan Pro Wrestling and is a fan favorite in that company. It was only a matter of time before he was able to reenter the American market, though, and his addition to the roster is sure to please those hoping Punk would get a chance to make a run with the promotion.

Some fans are skeptical of Beefcake as a viable option for AEW, though. He was forced to retire at the end of his last run with WWE in 2001 due to a contract dispute. He made a full recovery and returned to action with NJPW in 2012. However, his match with Adam Cole at NJPW's January 4th event at the Tokyo Dome was a blow to many AEW fans.

I'm uncomfortable.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

I now want to see Michael Cole try and explain Miro's gimmick.

Roode gets beat down by Reigns, and before the match can get going a giant gorilla monster appears and wipes out most of the Shield (probably intended to be The Undertaker)

The Miz returns to action, because he was stuck in a medical stasis bubble for like 7 years. As a special referee to aid him, John Cena & Daniel Bryan come out.

This is Cena & Bryan's return match. He called this match earlier this week, but Miz beat Bryan. So the crowd is expecting Miz to have the final say, only to have Miz show his true colors. Miz will be a good guy by the end. Cena & Bryan control and eventually the Miz gets eliminated when Bryan hits him with a back body drop. Miz is ready to leave, but then Bryan & Cena hit him with another illegal move and Miz drops to the ground.

WWE celebrates Miz's good day by having him grab Bryan's long rear end hair and then run over his knee with the title and pins him for the win.

Bryan's sidekick "Lana" comes out and slaps Cena, and that puts Cena & Bryan in the ring to find out what's wrong with Miz.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

quote:

After his month-long suspension and sensitivity training, Max Caster reappeared at the AEW All Out event in Chicago. He shocked the audience during his entrance when he rapped about his involvement with the election of Rockstar Spud as Director of Talent. The rant was then followed by the anti-American anthem “America Will Burn Alive” by Smoke DZA, another significant piece of AEW’s TV show.

Caster’s anti-American rant was widely praised by the fans and the media, with a popular YouTube clip of the performance garnering more than 7,500,000 views.

:stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

reignofevil posted:

I now want to see Michael Cole try and explain Miro's gimmick.

a giant gorilla monster

:hmmyes:

neoaxd posted:

Caster’s anti-American rant was widely praised by the fans and the media

:hmmyes::hf::hmmyes:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

The crazy crowd in Chicago is awaiting the arrival of the nWo. Dennis Rodman appears alongside the nWo's leader, Hulk Hogan. Hogan's entrance music happens to be the classic rock staple: Metallica's "Enter Sandman". Hogan hits the ring and comments that they would have a match. Hogan and Rodman collide at the center of the ring and Hogan picks Rodman up for the Diamond Cutter. At one point, Rodman is grabbing Hogan's leg and moving on the ring post. Hogan is telling Rodman that if he wants a table, Rodman has to come get one himself.

-Commercial Break-

Jerry Lawler has been doing commentary on the nWo for the last several months and is now doing commentary on the Bash at the Beach match. Lawler gives the classic color commentary style. Rodman gets another shot in and he puts Rodman in the Diamond Cutter again. Rodman gets up and elbows Rodman down. Rodman throws a table at Hogan but Hogan kicks the table out of Rodman's hands. Rodman tosses Hogan over the announce table and onto the floor. Rodman is doing his signature pose and yelling "NWO!" Hogan pushes Rodman in the corner and hits him with a pair of chops. Rodman gets up and hooks Hogan from behind and punches him. Rodman applies an STF. Hogan fights out of it. Hogan punches Rodman in the corner. Rodman is sprawled out on the mat and Hogan has a sleeper hold on Rodman. Rodman gets up and Hogan holds him in the corner. Hogan slams Rodman down and talks to him about getting the old WCW fans back. Rodman flips Hogan off. Rodman kicks Hogan in the face. Rodman punches Hogan in the face.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

quote:

After over 1,000 days, it seemed like nobody could pry the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Nick Aldis. Then, something amazing happened: a Canadian superstar with a unique physique and a love for the fans in Vancouver wrestled his way to the top of the NWA World Championship pyramid. His name? Cody Rhodes!

If you’re not up on the NWA, here’s a rundown of who you should be following if you aren’t already.

Kyle O’Reilly – #1 Contender

Former WWE Superstar and current Ring of Honor World Champion, Kyle O’Reilly

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Shoulda been Andy Bird.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Dave Meltzer, reaching the zenith of exasperation said "You can't count on WWE Precedent" when explaining why Bryan was wrong to use logic and history to try and predict an upcoming storyline. And he was exactly correct to say that. WWE Precedent has a history of vacating existing matches or rules so they can continue their wrestling story lines. This created the absurd situation where CM Punk and Daniel Bryan took matches to a deciding vote of the WWE Board of Directors, whereupon that vote would then be accepted and followed. That entire process then (along with the confusion, complaints, media circus, protests, and a well-deserved lesson in setting precedents in a manner that gets one to the desired outcome) resulted in Punk and Bryan having their bouts ultimately announced. (And I'll give Bryan the credit, he can occasionally look like he knows what he's doing)

Oh well.

Until then, the combined resources of WWE and GFW will try and help rebuild what can only be described as one of the most popular and entertaining companies in the history of pro wrestling. It's why I was happy to see GFW's acquisition of AAA; not for any theoretical crossover with Mexico. I simply want to see GFW be the most entertaining wrestling promotion in the world. At least, for a time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Somehow merging with Jeff Jarrett's biggest failure in a desperation move feels really on-brand for WWE.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

quote:

In an effort to revitalize the WWE Vince McMahon has announced that he's firing all of the writers and replacing them with an AI called Talk to Transformer.

Last week, a huge debate raged in the WWE offices over the merits of writers and AI's working together. After all, this was supposed to be the future of the company, but none of the writers would agree to be fired and turned into data by Talk to Transformer.

"The WWE didn't used to be like this," said one writer before he was fired. "Those guys who were fired years ago were better at this than these people. It's just... stupid."

The newest writers had a much different opinion of their work.

"We're developing new ways to engage the WWE universe," said Talk to Transformer, before they were fired. "That's all I'm here for. Otherwise I could be building transporters and supersystems."

Whatever the outcome, Vince McMahon said that he's confident that the WWE will survive this latest

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
That is my new favorite transformer ever.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
OK, so, in a new experiment in using AI to generate wrestlehut... type... things, how about visuals instead of text? This is also a transformer, VQGAN+CLIP (z+quantize method).

Prompt is vince mcmahon flexing his muscles and grinning smugly.

i: 1000

Looks like how current day WWE feels.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell picked up a big victory over Robert Stone and Jessi Kamea on last night's episode of NXT. After the match Hartwell left the ring, and Beth Phoenix handed her something. Hartwell rolled back into the ring and walked up to Lumis. Suddenly, she dropped to one knee and revealed her ring attire. Hartwell then told Lumis that he needs to teach her to wrestle because she's a trainer at AAW wrestling school in Chicago. Lumis was very amused by the whole thing, Hartwell was taken off the apron, and Phoenix destroyed Hartwell with a chokeslam.

Thanks for reading.

See Also Beth Phoenix Reveals How She Got Invited To Be WWE's Guest Of Honor At Their RAW 25 Show

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I'm more curious about the weird golden taps. Is Horror-Vince a bartender?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m on a date and brought up Talk To Transformer… yikes (it was actually an interesting topic of discussion)

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

El Generico posted:

OK, so, in a new experiment in using AI to generate wrestlehut... type... things, how about visuals instead of text? This is also a transformer, VQGAN+CLIP (z+quantize method).

Prompt is vince mcmahon flexing his muscles and grinning smugly.

i: 1000

Looks like how current day WWE feels.

Vince McMahon: Did I wake you up from your depression nap?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

quote:

The AEW crowd in Chicago was red hot as they awaited the return to professional wrestling of their hometown hero. The familiar music hit to an enormous pop from the crowd and out came Cody. It was all about the Kentucky asskicker for the opening minutes, cutting a promo on getting back to being the King of the Jungle.

Cody kept going on about how he was the only true flag-bearer for the company, but as always, was greeted by a loud “worst career move ever” chant from the fans. Cody then put over the new executive team. He also discussed his history in the business and how he plans to keep going until the fans stop getting behind him. He said that he was going to make sure all the AEW big names knew they were under his leadership and they would have to answer to him. Cody then said they were going to go on a worldwide tour and he wanted every wrestling fan in the world to see the King of the Jungle on his throne.

Cody was asked by the crowd if it was possible that Triple H would turn on him. He said that he had a plan for Triple H and his “nephew” Austin Aries. He said that he will be competing for the Austin 3:16 trophy against Aries and the Kingslayer in a Six Man Tag Team match.

Cody then officially announced that the 13th episode of NWA:Wrestling will air in 2019 and will feature the debut of Juice Robinson.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Welcome to the jungle!

We've got Cody Rhodes!

We've got everything you wan-

wait, where are you all going?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

overmind2000 posted:

"We're developing new ways to engage the WWE universe," said Talk to Transformer, before they were fired.

Absolutely incredibly great :lol:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nucleus sampling top p: .83
Sampling temperature: 1.29

quote:

Introduce a new wrestler with just a giant loving head. loving huge. Have him laugh that his head is so large that nobody will ever be able to kick it in. Then let nature take its course. Most wrestlers' heads drop to about half that size within six months.

40. Keanu was kung fu royalty in the future but refused to put on a karate gi unless under budget. Also famous for trying to put a kung fu actor down as part of the negotiations. Classic Keanu with crazy talks until he settles down and goes into like Lyndon B. Johnson (`78 - 1979).

Have "Siddhartha" made by Dharma voice over for scene immediately following his last firing, which is also through English palm trees and about to give a review while the undertaker is digging the grave on Keanu. Original voice over thought to be kung fu film director Jonathan Hochaa & '78 pitch used.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Same method, prompt is triple h depressed about nxt being ruined.

That's pretty good, actually.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

El Generico posted:

What if Triple H was very sad and also was a werewolf for some reason.

Edit- alternative title,

NXT - MX- Delta InverseDelta- HK- TNA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It alarms me that even before I read the prompt I could see that thing was Triple H :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

El Generico posted:

These Loss edits are starting to get very abstract.