Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

RareAcumen posted:

They're on the big frozen mountain as well as other places.

Those are the Fatui ones, not the Abyss ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

raverrn posted:

Those are the Fatui ones, not the Abyss ones.

Yeah, the book goal is to kill one of the dwarf monsters that hovers in a sphere. The ones that summon the bats (cicins) are cicin mages.

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you want to level a lot of people, trying to rely on event rewards alone would take you literal years to get done lmao

Only if you take them to 90. As a pet project, I've been taking every character to level 80, but only as I swap them into the teams I use to build friendship/variety. I could easily take the 5 characters I don't have to 80 with the exp books I've stored up (I've taken to buying them every week from the teapot).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This Phantom Flow event is a good time. I'm discovering I really like the events that are like "hey, fight a bunch of dudes with a gimmick." It's simple but very entertaining.

I also had a blast with the event from earlier in the patch that was just about grabbing an electrogranum and doing the "zip to point" thing to beat a time limit. Just give me little environmental challenges like that and I'm happy.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

The Lone Badger posted:

I've had this book goal to kill an abyss cryo mage for a while now. Is that something I'm going to run into in the course of the story, or is there somewhere I need to go?

Here you go, there's one in a pond outside Mondstat. just don't fight him in the water!

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Is there a rough guideline as to what level I should get characters to as I'm playing? I started a few days ago and am now adventure level 20. I got Mona in the newbie thing, so I mostly use her and Lisa for blasting things. I've leveled them and Kaeya to 20, did the ascension too. But I went to the snow area and everything is 30+ and takes too much time to kill. Should I just go to 40 or what?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

phosdex posted:

Is there a rough guideline as to what level I should get characters to as I'm playing? I started a few days ago and am now adventure level 20. I got Mona in the newbie thing, so I mostly use her and Lisa for blasting things. I've leveled them and Kaeya to 20, did the ascension too. But I went to the snow area and everything is 30+ and takes too much time to kill. Should I just go to 40 or what?

Definitely don't be shy about leveling, but also Dragonspine (the snowy mountain area) is intended to be a later-game area. It's sort of unfortunate that it's situated between Mondstadt and Liyue, and that early game-available quests try to send you there, because it implies you should go there much earlier than you should.

But yeah if you have the resources to level to 40 don't worry about spending them to do that. Early levels and ascensions are fairly cheap and so you're not likely to regret investing in characters early on, especially characters like Kaeya and Mona. If you haven't done so, you'll also get a lot of value out of leveling your weapons and artifacts, too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't remember what the material drip is like early on, i assume you'll probably feel the jump in cost of raising characters to 40 since 1-20 is so cheap, but it plateaus there until 50. when the game first started, 60 ascended was a common stopping point and it's still good to aim for that since it unlocks your last passive talent on everybody.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

phosdex posted:

Weapons matter way more than levels, so try to get them both a 3-star level 40 weapon ASAP.
Also yeah, it's better to focus on leveling one character to the cap ASAP whenever you unlock a new max level instead of splitting your resources between everything, at least until level ~60/70. As soon as you get the AR bump that unlocks level 50 you should just shove a million books in your current favorite character's face and get there instantly.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Dragonspine is supposed to be after Liyue, difficulty wise, it's just weirdly positioned inbetween them.

The vast majority of your characters power is from weapons/artifacts. The first 40 levels are pretty cheap for characters too and they unlock important passive talents, but having a good weapon is going to make killing stuff much faster.
You probably shouldn't level green and blue artifacts and weapons all that much, aside from just making yourself comfortable. But even if you do, it's not a big deal either way, since you can just feed that stuff into better 4 star/5 star equipment.

My advice would be to just not spend your bottom dollar, aim for 30-40 on your main team and keep things leveled to the point where combat or your daily comissions aren't super tedious.

At Adventure Rank 25, your adventure rank stops levelling until you do an ascension quest that will permanently increase your world level. This makes the levels of the enemies jump up by 10-20. You cannot lower your world level until much later, so this can present a problem for people.
You don't lose adventure rank experience by just staying at that rank for a while, so you kind of have to consider whether you want to do that immediately. A lot of people end up struggling a bit after increasing their world level, especially since boss materials become harder to farm (they are required for ascending your characters).

If your characters need to be more powerful, it goes (very roughly) like this:
Weapon Levels > Artifact Levels > Talent Levels > Character Levels

Weapons give base attack, artifacts multiply base attack, talents increase your raw numbers, character levels get you very little aside from passives and how easy and cheap the first 50-60 levels are comparatively.

EDIT:
Since you're specifically doing Mona Lisa: many elemental reactions scale with level, electro charged is one of them. So if you increase the level of both Mona and Lisa, you're going to deal a lot more damage with the elemental reaction they do together.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 21, 2021

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

When the gently caress is the Hu Tao rerun I need her, I need the obnoxious character.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
reruns are a myth
you can't convince me that genshin will ever do them

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

reruns are a myth
you can't convince me that genshin will ever do them

Didn't they just do a Venti rerun 4-5 months ago?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
also zhongli klee childe
they ran a keqing banner once too even though she's in the standard banner

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I want that Hu Tao C1 so bad, I hope they rerun her soon.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Fatui, more like P'tooey

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Sharkitten posted:

When the gently caress is the Hu Tao rerun I need her, I need the obnoxious character.

I've hear rumors about her coming back in december, from the same leaker who said ganyu is in 2.2.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they can't keep up with 2 new banners per patch so its a safe bet everything gets rerun eventually. they've been running the most popular characters so plenty of twitter """""leakers""""" are just going to be guessing ganyu and hu tao over and over until they're right.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I've kind of switched over to Ayaka as my main DPS now from Diluc she's just so quick on the draw so to speak, especially with her charged attack. Diluc still does more damage per hit on Overload reactions at about 2.5K, but Ayaka out-damages him on the flurries like her charged attack on superconduct and freeze with crit at about 1.3K x3.

Her combat style is surprisingly satisfying with just slipping in and out with her dash for quick flurries of hits now that I've built her up a bit to where she has some durability. I've started to notice the idea of mitigating damage or avoiding attacks is coming back into play now at World Level 5 very soon to be going on 6 so I've been using Ningguang, Diona and Noelle more as opposed to a third element DPS. Also if I want to use Jean who is now level 60 and ready to play should I go with a Pale Flame Set for Phys Damage or Viridescent Venerer for Anemo? I know Venti and Kazuha are a fair bit better (okay probably a lot better), but I don't have them and she's my only real option for Anemo at this point besides Traveler who I've kind of stopped using much as I've gotten proper 5 star characters.

One other cool thing that happened is I finished the Fresh Meat sidequest finally in my bid to clear out some old active quests and I didn't realize I would get this Goulash recipe that reduces the rate at which the sheer cold gauge raises. Had I known about that I would have finished that quest ASAP lol.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 21, 2021

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Fun fact: she's really good for the parametric transformer because her dash counts so you can just tap dash over and over to fill it :)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stare-Out posted:

I want that Hu Tao C1 so bad, I hope they rerun her soon.

Same. And her signature staff. I'm mentally justifying trying to whale for an imaginary stick that is a laughably small occurrence rate in a system that's open about how sketchy it is, so that an unmanned process can run a SQL query so I can have an imaginary stick.

I got a bill for $145 from my doctor for a procedure I might have needed, yet getting that stupid cartoon staff looks to be about the same price.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Don't drink the gacha kool-aid. It's absolutely not worth it, especially if you have medical stuff that's far more important.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

today I got a commission to enable an alcoholic lmao

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Same. And her signature staff. I'm mentally justifying trying to whale for an imaginary stick that is a laughably small occurrence rate in a system that's open about how sketchy it is, so that an unmanned process can run a SQL query so I can have an imaginary stick.

I got a bill for $145 from my doctor for a procedure I might have needed, yet getting that stupid cartoon staff looks to be about the same price.

Don't do that, dude. Get the BP and the daily primos, sure, but don't take the plunge and waste money to get a video game thing that gives you slightly bigger numbers or a five second quicker clear of an abyss level. Not judging you but there are far better uses for that dough.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

getting the stick guaranteed actually costs 240 rolls which is 38,400 primogems. Without the first-time bonus the $100 pack is 8,080 gems so it would actually cost up to $475 worth of gems
$145 would get you one pity for a 37.5% chance at the weapon you want
hth

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Yeah, I was getting the FOMO because I haven't used any of the Crystal Top-Ups. Made a spread sheet to remind myself just how terrible the value of the RMT is.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
for that money you could commission an artist you like to draw a hu tao and hang the art up on the wall staring at your computer to bless you with better artifact rng

e:

Kale posted:

Also if I want to use Jean who is now level 60 and ready to play should I go with a Pale Flame Set for Phys Damage or Viridescent Venerer for Anemo? I know Venti and Kazuha are a fair bit better (okay probably a lot better), but I don't have them and she's my only real option for Anemo at this point besides Traveler who I've kind of stopped using much as I've gotten proper 5 star characters.

Viridescent venerer is like the main point of anemo. It makes any anemo char a top-tier elemental damage amplifier, so you basically already want to use it unless your main DPS source is physical, geo, or Xiao (none of those 3 can be debuffed with VV).
Jean doesn't add as much raw damage or CC as Venti/Kazuha but she's a very strong healer at the same time so she's a lot more flexible for team comps. For example she can free your Ayaka from needing a barbara or diona and let you run whatever hydro+cryo you want, while still shredding enemy cryo resistance with VV for a huge damage increase. I wouldn't build her for physical unless you want to use her as a main dps.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 21, 2021

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I will use my current primos + the battle pass primos + the current and next abyss primos + all of the primos from events + all of the primos i have yet to unlock from exploring inazuma + my remaining 3 weeks of welkin to get baal and her unique weap. This is going to happen.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the true baal weapon is the 4* fishing spear from the 2.1 fishing event
hand-designed for her and ya get r5 for free

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

grasscutter doesn't seem very versatile and she is just going to turn it into a sword

but power to you and all others

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

her weapon looks cool and ive got basically infinite rolls banked but man it doesnt really seem worth! ill let someone cooler than me do the math after its out though., we dont technically have final numbers on anything till the preload is up anyways.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I saw a spreadsheet that claimed Raiden deals twice as much damage at C3 as C0. Usually weapon is better than constellations but with a C2 like "enemies have -60% def when Raiden attacks them" the cons might be stronger. Both will be out of my league anyways.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Radical posted:

her weapon looks cool and ive got basically infinite rolls banked but man it doesnt really seem worth! ill let someone cooler than me do the math after its out though., we dont technically have final numbers on anything till the preload is up anyways.

The weapon lets her triple dip ER into other stats if you run EoSF on her. That said it probably isn’t worth it over a skyward spine if you already have one; and we don’t really know her exact energy needs yet.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Three pulls after getting Qiqi'd, I get C1 Yoimiya :suicide:

I just wanted to get in one last 4* pull before quitting, eghh. I don't have spare gear or materials for her and I hate fighting the pyro cube.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

laughing my rear end off because i've been using childe for like past month so went over and did the event and first round was fun cool time, then second i read the things and decide to use the electrogram only to find CHILDE AINT GOT NO PLUNGING ATTACK WHILE IN KNIVES MODE whooooooo okay fine lets just drop to the ground FALL DEATH INSTANT FAIL.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

baal has a plunging attack :)

still on the topic of 5* weapons, it's funny how even with kokomi's weird design severely limiting her good weapon options, they couldn't come out with something better than Proto Amber for the 5* that costs you 200+ rolls. hell, it doesn't even seem to match her aesthetically that well, but i suppose the trial will confirm/deny.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 22, 2021

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Add Childe plunging attacks to the list with "can my geo construct please not detonate immediately in every boss arena". They'll never fix it but it doesn't stop me from being annoyed.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/mygel4/reasons_why_childe_should_have_a_melee_plunge_this/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually a technical limitation at the time. It sounds stupid but in the 2.0 livestream they talked about how Childe was extremely complicated for them to implement given how other things were designed.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Radical posted:

The free weapon next patch is good enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Today I learned that Azdaha has unique lines if you have Zhongli in your party...

I learned this because I finally fought him w/o Zhongli for the first time to get the no shields achievement :v: