Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/latsondheimer/status/1428874516785090561

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

idek what he's trying to say here

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

idek what he's trying to say here

He is saying, "look how easy twitter engagement is when trolling Texans about football," is my guess.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god it took me five loving minutes to figure out he's saying that's a really nice stadium lmao

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

i say swears online posted:

god it took me five loving minutes to figure out he's saying that's a really nice stadium lmao

I still haven't figured that out.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1429192747462844422

quote:

The wife of Texas Republican gubernatorial candidate Allen West was arrested in Dallas County for allegedly driving while intoxicated Friday night, according to the Dallas County Sheriff’s office and West himself.

Angela Graham-West, 61, was driving home from dinner at P.F. Changs with her three-month-old grandson when she was pulled over and arrested for a suspected DWI. She was charged with driving while intoxicated with a child under 15 years old.

quote:

In the video, West said he was especially angry that his grandson was left on the side of the road with a police officer while officers took his wife to jail.

“I support the thin blue line, but this is insidious,” West said. “They put my grandson at risk, at jeopardy, left him with a couple of police officers and carted his grandmother to jail and she had water and lemonade… I’m beyond livid.”

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Maybe you should get the gently caress out of Texas before the establishment gets you killed.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

saintonan posted:

Maybe you should get the gently caress out of Texas before the establishment gets you killed.

New thread title?

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Lookin' at the P.F. Chang's drinks menu and wondering if Angela is a Singapore sling or whiskey sour kind of lady

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It wouldn't shock me if this all happened because the cops were being racist and she actually is innocent. I hate to defend West or his wife but it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that she ran into some racist cops. However, it also wouldn't shock me if she legitimately got a dui and West is lying.

Legato
Jul 7, 2004

Un cave troll espectacular!
Yeah, Allen West sucks but I was under the impression that you can be charged with a DWI without actually ever submitting "proof" of intoxication - breathalyzer, blood test, etc. The article mentioned she failed the field sobriety test which could of course be manipulated/interpreted however by the cops...

It also mentions they got a warrant to collect a blood sample, so I guess that will be the definitive word. Struggling...torn between dislike of cops and Allen West...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Legato posted:

Yeah, Allen West sucks but I was under the impression that you can be charged with a DWI without actually ever submitting "proof" of intoxication - breathalyzer, blood test, etc. The article mentioned she failed the field sobriety test which could of course be manipulated/interpreted however by the cops...

It also mentions they got a warrant to collect a blood sample, so I guess that will be the definitive word. Struggling...torn between dislike of cops and Allen West...

Let them fight is my opinion.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Funny how he admits his grandson was at risk when left alone with cops.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Blotto_Otter posted:

Lookin' at the P.F. Chang's drinks menu and wondering if Angela is a Singapore sling or whiskey sour kind of lady

PF Chang's, loving lmao. That's even lower class then getting drunk at Cheddar's.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
It's all good. Republicans want to be arrested.

https://twitter.com/nytxnn/status/1424849928967409666?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

west going super saiyan on patrick and the loving police has made my weekend

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The idea of getting wasted at PF Chang's with an infant in tow is extremely funny. Old Lady West rocks!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GinaForAustin/status/1429427286013513730

Lol, like five more D's have already said they'd be back or indeed were at the hearing on bail reform yesterday, good luck with your fake quorum gambit.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

If that blood comes back anywhere near 0.08 she is super hosed because there's a special section of the penal code for driving drunk with a child passenger. It goes from being a (nasty) misdemeanor to a felony with six months minimum jail time.

Oh and she'll lose the right to vote and not be allowed to own or be in possession of any guns.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

lobster shirt posted:

The idea of getting wasted at PF Chang's with an infant in tow is extremely funny. Old Lady West rocks!

I'm out here getting hammered off table wine at the johnny carinos with old lady west

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

abusing the justice system by making being unvaccinated a felony, losing the right to vote

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SergioChapa/status/1428837126792228865

More innovation from the private sector

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Global Warming Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Turn Up Your A/C Like Nigga Close Your Windows Haha

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lol, where's the mugshot.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/genefortexas/status/1429553243286298628?s=21

https://twitter.com/genefortexas/status/1429556436988739585?s=21

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Uh.... but schadenfreude is...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

okay gene needs to take a nap

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

maybe he thinks schadenfreude just means irony

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SchwartzChron/status/1429805121823821831

It's going great

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/delrayser/status/1429809780252545025

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1429801819195199494

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

A rail line connecting the Texas Triangle would be sick.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

Hell yeah

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm all in. Go from Houston to Austin to San Antonio.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm all in. Go from Houston to Austin to San Antonio.

The real Texas Triangle

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

There's an ongoing attempt to put in a highspeed rail line from Houston to Dallas. Seems like not the best place to start but what the hell. 3 legs to go! (if you're doing Houston to Austin you might as well keep rolling to San Antonio)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexazura/status/1429833290773639170

Whoops nobody cares anymore. It is kind of funny watching all the R legislators pretend to care about CRT and social media censorship months after they were relevant Fox News outrages.

https://twitter.com/JohnnieMo/status/1429837752619634689

Rick Perry doing informercials for the capitol press

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 23, 2021

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Zaepho posted:

There's an ongoing attempt to put in a highspeed rail line from Houston to Dallas. Seems like not the best place to start but what the hell. 3 legs to go! (if you're doing Houston to Austin you might as well keep rolling to San Antonio)

I always felt the better proposal was the Texas T one. A line more or less tracking 35 between San Antonio and Dallas, with a spur off to Houston somewhere in the Waco-Temple-Killeen area. Just two lines, and you basically hit every reasonably sized metro outside the valley and the far west bits.

What's being built though, Idunno. The Houston station is planned to be at the former Northwest Mall, and the one stop in the middle, intended to serve BCS/TAMU is way the gently caress out in Grimes County. I don't know anything about the Dallas end of it, because who cares about Dallas. None of it sounds especially convenient. Or maybe the stations help spur development in those areas. Who knows. Except the Grimes County one. It's seriously in the middle of nowhere basically right in-between BCS and Huntsville, and there is gently caress all out there. Also I think it's a flood plain.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I always felt the better proposal was the Texas T one. A line more or less tracking 35 between San Antonio and Dallas, with a spur off to Houston somewhere in the Waco-Temple-Killeen area. Just two lines, and you basically hit every reasonably sized metro outside the valley and the far west bits.

What's being built though, Idunno. The Houston station is planned to be at the former Northwest Mall, and the one stop in the middle, intended to serve BCS/TAMU is way the gently caress out in Grimes County. I don't know anything about the Dallas end of it, because who cares about Dallas. None of it sounds especially convenient. Or maybe the stations help spur development in those areas. Who knows. Except the Grimes County one. It's seriously in the middle of nowhere basically right in-between BCS and Huntsville, and there is gently caress all out there. Also I think it's a flood plain.

It's really going to be Singleton on the map.

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

I'd be fine with anything that let me go to the various cites leaving my car home and was competitive with the cost/time of driving. Commercial Air within Texas is just silly. Bonus points if you can throw New Orleans in there but that'd maybe be asking too much.

The Brazos Valley stop is a joke indeed. They claim there will be shuttle service from the station to/from BCS. I can bet it'll see some use but not a ton in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

The only stop on the Texas High-Speed Train’s daily journeys between North Texas and Houston will be in Grimes County on a 60-acre plot of land on Highway 30, just west of Highway 90, in the Roans Prairie area, about equidistant between College Station and Huntsville.

This site offers an east/west connectivity along Highway 30 that, combined with the proximity to Highway 90, provides passengers hassle-free, quick access to the train station whether they live in major population centers like Bryan/College Station, Huntsville, Madisonville and Navasota, or smaller communities in the area. Plans also call for a shuttle service that will directly connect the Texas A&M campus to the Brazos Valley Station. From that location, it will be a roughly 50-minute ride to Dallas or a 30-minute ride to Houston.

Lol that is gonna be garbage