Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1429074141320302598

right on track to about 2 weeks until we're past the winter surge worst hospitalizations and probably 4 weeks until complete US healthcare system collapse

lol and no one that matters is even considering the possibility of doing something about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Waiting for the booster in Florida was a horrifying glimpse into the system falling apart. Most of the staff was out sick at the Walgreens so there were just 2 people + the pharmacist.

One person was manning the drive thru which was 10+ cars long. I could here her says every few minutes “You’ll get your results in about 2 days.” So just a long line of Covid tests. At one point she went to the back to get a box and told the pharmacist “this is the last box.” So running out of Covid tests.

The person manning the window was having to deal with a constant stream of people wanting shots and raging old people that were mad the line was so long.

A group of high school or college students was in front of us: A couple and their friend. The couple wanted to get their first shots. They had an extended back and forth with the pharmacist because they mentioned they were at a party and got exposed:

“If you were exposed and have symptoms you need to wait.”

“But like, we weren’t up in her face or nothing. and I feel fine.”

“When did this happen?”

“Last night.”

The pharmacist asked their friend if she wanted a shot. “Nah, it will make my arm sore and I have a game this week.”

They left without a shot.

Someone behind us recognized a friend sitting in the waiting area and asked if he was here for “That drat shot.” The man responded hell no and they laughed about idiots getting the shot. No masks on either of them.

Two boomers wearing American flag cloth masks hanging from their chins cut to the front of the line to get some sort of medicine. They made comments about people just now getting their shots and how much better they were for getting them in January. Lol, jokes on them.

America is hosed.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

lol and no one that matters is even considering the possibility of doing something about it

And offend number?!?!

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Delta-Wye posted:

i just ordered $30 worth of ivermectin, hell yes :getin:

and some other antiparasitics because ive got an itchy hog, ok!?! it was actually kind of hard to source :smith:

show us the hog

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Good Citizen posted:

look, they're going to fully approve one of the vaccines way ahead of time. what more do you loving want

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

like, it’s not even that there are plans that are getting shot down

just the mere thought that maybe/possibly we should do something/anything isn’t anywhere in the ruling consciousness

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

oh well Covids ova baybeee

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

McNugget Buddy posted:

Notice the "estimated potential for up to 100-fold increase in Delta neutralization post-dose three" bullet point - I'm guessing titers were still increasing in test subjects when the data was published at the 1-month mark

Looks like one week post dose 3 you're doing real good though, right

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

fosborb posted:

look, they're going to fully approve one of the vaccines way ahead of time. what more do you loving want

since doctors will be free to prescribe boosters to whoever and whenever i bet we're going to see the biden admin quietly announce the government will only pay for 2 doses of vaccine every 12 months instead of everything is free no questions

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

crepeface posted:

lmao WHAT

edit: I mean why they pick eucalyptus

lumber. iirc they grow faster than native pine or cypress

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
citizen you will be given two vaccines and four tests a year gratis. use them wisely

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

citizen you will be given two vaccines and four tests a year gratis. use them wisely

this is better than the existing insurance situation though?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

Looks like one week post dose 3 you're doing real good though, right

against Wild Type and Beta, yeah

but there's no data for Delta titers one week post-dose 3

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

staffing hospitals going great

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.
Something that's probably been discussed previously in this monster of a thread, but I haven't seen it:

Is there any good data on what difference the UK's spread-out dosing regimen (jabs at up to 12-week intervals, rather than the 3 weeks spec'd by the manufacturer) has made to sustained immunity and breakthrough cases?

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Forseti posted:

Yeah it is very good, thanks OP!

I've been listening to this one, which is about being hosed over by your imperialist government pointlessly. Also one of the saddest songs I know of, but supposedly listening to sad songs when you're down helps for some reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY

hell yeah. the pogues own. i love their version of this song

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What? In 2019 I was at Disney and coming back 95 towards GA everybody had free OJ. It's all Indian River, but I mean. OJ.

Loving seeing all of this poo poo about Louisiana while my spouse is there and he's coming here afterward lol lmao

looks like they stopped serving the free OJ in July 2019, according to this article, which pitches it as a budget problem without mentioning the disease

indian river still exists, afaik, there are still a few groves around, but it's not a major industry here anymore because it's no longer easy and profitable

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hexigrammus posted:

The picture of a paramilitary type LEO in combat gear posing in front of a flock of sheep with his AR-15 at the ready. All herd dogs work through the threat of violence but a dog that decides to start ripping out throats or worrying your lambs and ewes into weight loss on its own is kind of useless. A well trained dog isn't a problem.

I love acds. (I love any herd dog - they're fascinating.) They're a bit intense but you kind of have to be with cattle. Those fuckers would far rather kick you in the head and kill you than move.

I actually like sheep too but we're in a cougar breeding ground. I don't want to watch my profits getting eaten up like some of my friends have. Can't really blame the cougars, I was the one who decided to move into their forest. Christmas trees seem like a better choice. Bit boring to herd though.

One of our potential husband-is-retiring-from-the-military ideas is growing xmas trees and letting the sheep go groom the fields. I've heard you spend shitloads of hours shaping though.

mod sassinator posted:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1429074141320302598

right on track to about 2 weeks until we're past the winter surge worst hospitalizations and probably 4 weeks until complete US healthcare system collapse

if healthcare actually drops in this country the amount of deaths we'll have from lack of getting pharmaceuticals (myself included) will be so bad they'll just mass graves everything. Whoever said you can fake your own death and disappear will be right.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

McNugget Buddy posted:

against Wild Type and Beta, yeah

but there's no data for Delta titers one week post-dose 3

Ah

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

inferis posted:

reminds me of when the army let anyone in around the surge

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

New Found Power posted:

Something that's probably been discussed previously in this monster of a thread, but I haven't seen it:

Is there any good data on what difference the UK's spread-out dosing regimen (jabs at up to 12-week intervals, rather than the 3 weeks spec'd by the manufacturer) has made to sustained immunity and breakthrough cases?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's cool that the Western response to disaster is increasingly "well we can't really do anything about it, we'll have to get accustomed to it and live with it"

Mass shootings, plague, climate devastation

Remember how everyone freaked the gently caress out about Columbine? Now when two dozen little kids are shot to death everyone just shrugs

Remember when we saw the Ohio river light onto fire in 1969 and set up a massive public works program and the EPA to clean up America? Now the mississippi is drying up and everyone just shrugs

Remember when we eradicated polio? Lol. Lmao

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i remember when they killed OBL, there were people dancing on the streets, in front of the white house even

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fits my needs posted:

i remember when they killed OBL, there were people dancing on the streets, in front of the white house even

https://twitter.com/DavidDTSS/status/1426876928947101698

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

New Found Power posted:

staying out of situations where you could catch a breakthrough case will always provide 100% protection against them, and will never wane

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

inferis posted:

Is this praxis

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's cool that the Western response to disaster is increasingly "well we can't really do anything about it, we'll have to get accustomed to it and live with it"

Mass shootings, plague, climate devastation

Remember how everyone freaked the gently caress out about Columbine? Now when two dozen little kids are shot to death everyone just shrugs

Remember when we saw the Ohio river light onto fire in 1969 and set up a massive public works program and the EPA to clean up America? Now the mississippi is drying up and everyone just shrugs

Remember when we eradicated polio? Lol. Lmao

it's only going to get worse

a tesla on autopilot is going to run a schoolbus off the road and kill 25 kids. and 5 years later it will just be accepted fact "oh yeah don't drive next to teslas they crash a lot, duh.. that's just common knowledge"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mod sassinator posted:

it's only going to get worse

a tesla on autopilot is going to run a schoolbus off the road and kill 25 kids. and 5 years later it will just be accepted fact "oh yeah don't drive next to teslas they crash a lot, duh.. that's just common knowledge"

A whole country operating on "missing stair" syndrome

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
finally, some bipartisan agreement

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

inferis posted:

drat all that for a single pair of pants

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

fosborb posted:

thanks to our lord and savior president Trump

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
lol that the generation that make fun of kids for supposedly eating tide pods is giving themselves liver poisoning with horse dewormer

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

My wife and son are going back to China on the earliest flight that we could book. Even if they get the kid vaccine here out before they leave, I am only going to trust the Chinese vaccine for my son.

I mentioned it a couple of times in these threads already, but my wife was a nurse in China before she married me and came to the US. I was a dumb chud in 2019 and she threatened me with actual assault unless we pulled our kid out of pre-K and I started to wear a mask....in February 2020. She already basically hated everything about America before this, especially American food in every form. This is pretty common among Chinese people - I have friends who spent 5 years in America and ate at a non-Chinese/Asian restaurant maybe once throughout those 5 years, because their new American friends dragged them to a Red Lobster or some poo poo, and that was enough. Her family ran a bakery in China growing up and she was a semi-professional cook.

Her process of crack-pinging was something like:

February 2020:
Me: I guess they found a few cases in our state now.
Her: Holy poo poo why are still people going outside? Why isn't the city locked down?

March 2020:
Me: I dunno babe this Fauci guy on TV says masks don't work?
Her: You are the dumbest god drat idiot I have ever met.

April 2020:
Me: Check out these convicts digging mass graves in New York in exchange for masks lol.
Her: A hundred thousand people are going to die. All those people had families and children. Why doesn't the government do something?

June 2020:
Me: The FDA has issued guidance on returning refrigerated trailers back to food service after storing corpses.
Her: : :stare:

[Bunch of other poo poo in 2020]

January 2021:
Me: A bunch of hospital workers in California got infected because one of them wore an inflatable Christmas tree outfit for a party while positive. Also there's some kind of coup going on in Washington.
Her: lol. lmao.

I wish I could move my family to China. My great grandfather that I've never met was from there does that count for anything?

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

osprey posted:

florida doesn't really have orange groves anymore. the citrus trees all die to some invasive bug that spreads a disease. we used to give out free florida orange juice at rest stops to welcome tourists to florida. not any more. good luck finding any

about 20 years ago, i remember someone coming through my granny's neighborhood and ordering that all of the citrus trees be chopped down. she was heartbroken to lose her beloved backyard citrus. they were trying to halt the spread, but they failed. i should have known it for an omen

some of the citrus farms have converted to eucalyptus which is lol. loving explosive non-native firetrees, yes of course, that's just what we need here in this godforsaken lightning-struck hellstate

TIL.

I just assumed it was like California where they lecture everyone to skip showers and let their gardens die when in fact it’s giant agribusinesses and douchebags with polo fields using most of the potable water.

In any case, do people honestly water their lawns down there? I just moved to Georgia and it rains at least twice a week year round and I don’t have to water jack poo poo around here. I figure if anything it’s even wetter in FL.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

lol that the generation that make fun of kids for supposedly eating tide pods is giving themselves liver poisoning with horse dewormer

not to mention cancer lungs with colloidal silver

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

inferis posted:

My mom worked for some place back in the 90's, and when she left, her replacement stole the payroll

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Apraxin posted:

that's the lol part, the less lol part is that there were at least half a dozen state reps at the rally, including the deputy leader, and one of them gave a speech where she said that by mandating the vax for health workers the governor was committing a crime equal to the nazis and that 'there was a trial at nuremberg. the penalty for treason is death.'

lol

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Nodelphi posted:

Unfortunately I am a prime example of this. I was vaccinated in the first wave and I definitely don’t have a mild illness. Loss of smell, tachycardia sustained around 115, spiking fevers up to 103 and oxygen sats now 95%.

Could be worse I suppose but as soon as you can safely get a booster I recommend you do so.

I was going to wait a few more weeks to get a booster since I had my second shot in early February, but your story has convinced me to do it today. Just scheduled an appointment. Hang in there friendo

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Steve Yun posted:

lol it's always projection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Soap Scum posted:

not to mention cancer lungs with colloidal silver

it breaks my brain that that family was trying to get the doctor in trouble for not using the silver on their about to be intubated patient. like they think the ER is a car mechanic and you can just bring in a ratty alternator and say "just slap this in the truck please, we don't want anything else"