Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's cool the government just allows people to sell colloidal silver nebulizers. Nothing we could do about that, no siree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

PostNouveau posted:

It's cool the government just allows people to sell colloidal silver nebulizers. Nothing we could do about that, no siree

lmao https://justnebulizers.com/blogs/respiratory-blog/the-best-nebulizer-for-colloidal-silver

https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=colloidal+silver+nebulizers

google is complicit, facebook too i'm sure

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

you just want the terrorists to win and us to lose our freedom

also what the gently caress, people are inhaling silver?

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

ProperGanderPusher posted:

TIL.

I just assumed it was like California where they lecture everyone to skip showers and let their gardens die when in fact it’s giant agribusinesses and douchebags with polo fields using most of the potable water.

In any case, do people honestly water their lawns down there? I just moved to Georgia and it rains at least twice a week year round and I don’t have to water jack poo poo around here. I figure if anything it’s even wetter in FL.

depends. it usually rains a lot in summer/fall. winter to early spring is usually pretty dry here, and a lot of people have dumb extra-thirsty lush grass lawns. i just let my grass die and come back as nature wills because i hate grass and don't have an HOA on my rear end telling me my yard can't look like garbage

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

bad boys for life posted:

....you're not??

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

don't think of this as parents lying about their kids having a disability, think of this as proactive parents filing the forms 6 months in advance

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

does colloidal silver still turn people blue or did they figure out a way around that one

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 2005 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bad boys for life posted:

you just want the terrorists to win and us to lose our freedom

Can't trust banks. For the collapse we need a more mobile way to store funds

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I've spent way more than :10bux:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

mod sassinator posted:

lmao

some super nerds are going to pay $5,000 for two nights of star wars cosplaying hotel fun... and have to boil the loving water in their space hotel room and take a quick shower with their mouth closed the entire time

99.9% DETOXIFIED WATER

*BOOF*

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Greg Legg posted:

I wish I could move my family to China. My great grandfather that I've never met was from there does that count for anything?

it rules as a westerner that you need to adopt a fully quarian lifestyle to avoid covid and that is somehow 'freedom'

v. healthy culture

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1429074141320302598

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
my university already had a vaccine mandate for all students/faculty/staff (plus 2x weekly testing and a mask mandate indoors to start the year), and just announced yesterday that vaccination will also be required for all visitors attending any campus events, which is the first i've heard for any institution doing that

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/WLWT/status/1429139546927738880?s=20

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

fosborb posted:

lol farmers market is 2% masked. no one is freaked out yet

that sucks. I haven't been to one since the before times.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
lol the jig is up

https://toofab.com/2021/08/21/gofundme-offers-17k-refunds-to-donors-of-instagrammer-neurologically-damaged-by-covid-vaccine/

quote:

GoFundMe is investigating a fundraiser set up by an Instagrammer who claims she was neurologically damaged by the Covid vaccine.

Dominique De Silva had managed to raise more than $17,500 of her $50k goal before the account was flagged, and all contributors offered a refund.

The 23-year-old plucked heartstrings on July 17, when she posted a video of herself apparently suffering from dystonia, or involuntary muscle contractions:
Real or not, GoFundMe told TooFab it was now investigating, having already taken down more than 250 fundraisers "attempting to promote misinformation related to vaccines."

"I can confirm that our Trust & Safety team is investigating and has reached out for more information," a spokesperson told TooFab. "If any donor would like to request a refund in the meantime, we will process it for them."

"Fundraisers raising money to promote misinformation about vaccines violate GoFundMe’s terms of service and will be removed from the platform. Over the last several years, we have removed over 250 fundraisers attempting to promote misinformation related to vaccines."

this girl:
https://twitter.com/LegendaryEnergy/status/1416437487195484160

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

does colloidal silver still turn people blue or did they figure out a way around that one

covering your lungs with it will probably kill you before that happens, lol

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

i am _very_ suspicious of all these stupid "the science" explainers trying to show how after third dose 8 months later your body will build MORE antibodies and be super duper mega ultra protected!

well right, but i don't think many people are arguing that? almost everyone i've read says that if we go this route it's going to be like the flu shot: (functionally) an annual booster that not everyone gets but if you're more concerned and prosocial you will and it will reduce collective harm while not eliminating individual risk

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

i am _very_ suspicious of all these stupid "the science" explainers trying to show how after third dose 8 months later your body will build MORE antibodies and be super duper mega ultra protected!

i mean they don't gotta do the hard sell, i'm already down for extra juice

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/richardzussman/status/1429149588997369857?s=21
I don’t fuckin know anymore

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

razorscooter posted:

i mean they don't gotta do the hard sell, i'm already down for extra juice

same, they had me at "free" I don't give a poo poo about the details

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Computer Serf posted:

doom scrolling is a horrible addictive feedback loop that feels productive but i think anyone who reads like 3 pages of this thread basically has full situational awareness

https://warzel.substack.com/p/i-need-to-stop-scrolling

go enjoy stuff and find some hobbies before things get worse before they get better again and then predictably another major annoying catastrophe hits

my job fired me I’m guessing because i wore a half mask respirator in (they refused to elaborate why), and tbh I feel relieved and thankful to be alive in this weird rear end historic derailment from linear time

From a few pages back, it's a good point that obsessively learning more anxiety-inducing information that can't be acted upon is not really helpful. However IMO that doesn't apply to this thread, a lot of info shared has been of direct benefit and way ahead of the curve. It will likely remain that way as long as the pandemic continues to spread uncontrolled and the CDC is consistently 2 months late updating advice. It's true you could probably stay totally informed skipping every 10 thread pages and 100% of my posts.

Will say that childless WFH people that have already got their booster shot and wear respirators everywhere have nothing more to learn. Why are you still posting here?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Petey posted:

well right, but i don't think many people are arguing that? almost everyone i've read says that if we go this route it's going to be like the flu shot: (functionally) an annual booster that not everyone gets but if you're more concerned and prosocial you will and it will reduce collective harm while not eliminating individual risk

lol read the d&d thread

that scenario falls apart with the fact that covid is an order of magnitude more destructive to our healthcare system than the flu. even with a majority of the population fully vaccinated in king county we are experiencing a hospital filling surge right now. people can cling to whatever facts they want about the flu killing just as many kids a year or whatever--the hospitals cannot sustain these continued surges. the vaccines as the only strategy to combat covid have failed, period. we're going to have to take stronger measures and mitigations, whether that's more forced NPIs or NPIs that happen naturally as people get loving scared and hole up for a month again

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/_jasonhuber/status/1429163135542378508?s=21

Four loving days from diagnosis to death

Of course he probably delayed seeking medical attention while spraying worms out of his rear end

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Cardinal Burke off ventilator, still hospitalized with COVID

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lawlicaust posted:

Waiting for the booster in Florida was a horrifying glimpse into the system falling apart. Most of the staff was out sick at the Walgreens so there were just 2 people + the pharmacist.

One person was manning the drive thru which was 10+ cars long. I could here her says every few minutes “You’ll get your results in about 2 days.” So just a long line of Covid tests. At one point she went to the back to get a box and told the pharmacist “this is the last box.” So running out of Covid tests.

The person manning the window was having to deal with a constant stream of people wanting shots and raging old people that were mad the line was so long.

A group of high school or college students was in front of us: A couple and their friend. The couple wanted to get their first shots. They had an extended back and forth with the pharmacist because they mentioned they were at a party and got exposed:

“If you were exposed and have symptoms you need to wait.”

“But like, we weren’t up in her face or nothing. and I feel fine.”

“When did this happen?”

“Last night.”

The pharmacist asked their friend if she wanted a shot. “Nah, it will make my arm sore and I have a game this week.”

They left without a shot.

Someone behind us recognized a friend sitting in the waiting area and asked if he was here for “That drat shot.” The man responded hell no and they laughed about idiots getting the shot. No masks on either of them.

Two boomers wearing American flag cloth masks hanging from their chins cut to the front of the line to get some sort of medicine. They made comments about people just now getting their shots and how much better they were for getting them in January. Lol, jokes on them.

America is hosed.
jesus loving christtttttt

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i'm gonna strongly bet the flu is not putting 6-10% of the people infected with it in the hospital

fake edit: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html yup, flu is only putting 1.5% of people who get it in hospital. 'living' with covid as a second flu is catastrophic

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

FizFashizzle posted:

while spraying worms out of his rear end

shoulda taken that horse paste...

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

is Phil Valentine alive

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

osprey posted:

about 20 years ago, i remember someone coming through my granny's neighborhood and ordering that all of the citrus trees be chopped down. she was heartbroken to lose her beloved backyard citrus. they were trying to halt the spread, but they failed. i should have known it for an omen

that was Jeb!

he ordered all trees not owned by a big business to be torn down to prevent spread of some disease or another to them, it didn't endear him much to people

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

drat crazy that the vaccine made her start beatboxing

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

fake edit: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html yup, flu is only putting 1.5% of people who get it in hospital. 'living' with covid as a second flu is catastrophic

yeah. i guess i'm just losing hope that it is not inevitable, and we weren't in for a five month flatten the curve, we're in for a five year flatten the curve as this becomes OC43 again, but over a longer period of time hopefully

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Rauros posted:

one health, baby! not condoning her beliefs, but she works with malaria where people dying commonly of infectious diseases is a way of life.

What do you call a veterinarian who only works on one species?
A doctor.

There are days when I'd trust my vet's opinion over my doctor's. She's probably been elbow deep in more butts than him.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

From a few pages back, it's a good point that obsessively learning more anxiety-inducing information that can't be acted upon is not really helpful. However IMO that doesn't apply to this thread, a lot of info shared has been of direct benefit and way ahead of the curve. It will likely remain that way as long as the pandemic continues to spread uncontrolled and the CDC is consistently 2 months late updating advice. It's true you could probably stay totally informed skipping every 10 thread pages and 100% of my posts.

Will say that childless WFH people that have already got their booster shot and wear respirators everywhere have nothing more to learn. Why are you still posting here?

I got my booster but if I don't follow this thread I won't know when I should schedule my fourth!
Admittedly following this thread is bad for my mental health but I figure being permanently maimed would be pretty bad for that too.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Petey posted:

yeah. i guess i'm just losing hope that it is not inevitable, and we weren't in for a five month flatten the curve, we're in for a five year flatten the curve as this becomes OC43 again, but over a longer period of time hopefully

look at this guy, thinking that covid won't just go away like a dream

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

empty whippet box posted:

look at this guy, thinking that covid won't just go away like a dream

what do you mean go away ,its already over

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The hospitalized girl that Eric ping posted about is recovering well
https://www.facebook.com/100000471480270/posts/6674999759192341/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If COVID not over why am I eating at a Italian restaurant . Makes no sense.