Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

FizFashizzle posted:

We do. They’re very expensive. Basically an inflated bed that changes where has the most pressure.

But it can only do so much. At the end of the day people need to be turned and positioned. Turns out when you stop hiring cnas people get bed sores.

Y'all ever go to sleep and end up across the bed or upside down or poo poo? Magic pressure ulcer prevention, courtesy of your own dream mind. :lsd:

Doesn't happen on diprivan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

just drop me off at the mall and I'll sit in the massage chairs

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Google Butt posted:

just drop me off at the mall and I'll sit in the massage chairs

Orlando has now annexed a pottery barn and an Ashley home furniture for overflow patients.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

External Organs posted:

Orlando has now annexed a pottery barn and an Ashley home furniture for overflow patients.

At this point I don’t even know if that was a joke

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

Phil valentine has died

rest in piss

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

plenty of beds at the mattress store, its not a bad idea

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

External Organs posted:

Maybe they could put some of the unvaxxed Chuds out using the now defunct The Holy Land theme park?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:stare:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Thank for the vent info goons. I guess it's his girlfriend's aunt, who lives in Florida. Sucks.

Sending my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

WE WANT TO DIE

LET US DIE

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Zokari posted:

WE WANT TO DIE

LET US DIE

:hmmyes:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Notahippie posted:

At this point I don’t even know if that was a joke

And I have no joke to reply to this with :(

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Zokari posted:

WE WANT TO DIE

LET US DIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VO_peqgDRc&t=910s

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

External Organs posted:

i know someone who got vaxed at a pop-up clinic in an old Sears which is also used for those seasonal Halloween stores

i thought that was a pretty good representation of the state of the US

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I sometimes wonder if people remember me as the guy who had the face shield in March 2020. I would have had the mask back then, but there were none available until April.

It's funny how it felt like the apocalypse back then, and now it's NBD

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

post COVID posted:

i know someone who got vaxed at a pop-up clinic in an old Sears which is also used for those seasonal Halloween stores

i thought that was a pretty good representation of the state of the US

it's a good thing that the necessary constant failure inherent to capitalism resulted in a bunch of mostly vacant warehouse sized buildings so that we could more easily deal with the deadly pandemic that is completely out of control because of capitalism.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

it's a good thing that the necessary constant failure inherent to capitalism resulted in a bunch of mostly vacant warehouse sized buildings so that we could more easily deal with the deadly pandemic that is completely out of control because of capitalism.

It's funny that we've been in cyberpunk world for a couple decades now, we just don't have the cool parts like robot arms, and cyber brains

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

It's funny that we've been in cyberpunk world for a couple decades now, we just don't have the cool parts like robot arms, and cyber brains

i mean they exist in factories purely to maintain 24/7 labour

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

https://twitter.com/AndrewRomano/status/1429142917977829376

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It's so weird to see these protests happening on the same street that I walk to work on five days per week. It's dead when I'm there. Took this pic at 5:30pm on a Friday a few weeks ago, before covid this sidewalk would look like Times square at that time.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

any popular science fiction stories or worlds focus on the interesting parts of them, so they follow around the miniscule fraction of people who do have cool robot arms and cyber brains and they ignore the lives of the other nearly entirety of people which is losing their meager expensive apartment they rent because it flooded and having giant warehouses full of the dying victims of the neo-plague.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Wait you're telling me they tested what's 500k people who had no personal reason to get a test that day and over 2% of them had covid? Simultaneously?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

The Oldest Man posted:

Wait you're telling me they tested what's 500k people who had no personal reason to get a test that day and over 2% of them had covid? Simultaneously?

no no it's fine, this is fine

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Remember when Champaign Urbana had a few days where they were 1/10th the entire nations testing? It's gonna be hilarious when all colleges are back and their testing generates 500k cases in a day

At least cfr will drop!!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Substandard posted:

If you roll a couple APCs full of military guys into town and shoot the first CHUD leaving his house people will stay inside.

There is zero chance this happens here but it worked pretty well in China

the national guard was deployed twice in my city to protect windows and capital, and no times to protect lives.

they didnt even have to do anything other than stand around. 2 soldiers and a box of n95s outside each safeway would go a long way to people actually locking down

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Remember when Champaign Urbana had a few days where they were 1/10th the entire nations testing? It's gonna be hilarious when all colleges are back and their testing generates 500k cases in a day

At least cfr will drop!!

All the students moved back where I live this weekend. It's going to be a shitshow in a few weeks.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

is it safe to just quadruple case numbers at this point lol

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Nate couldn't hack physics so he went to counting cards in Texas Holdem instead (or whatever dumb gambling addiction he has).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
just a couple more hours until this super spreader event kicks off

https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/status/1429152918192730114

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Zokari posted:

WE WANT TO DIE

LET US DIE

:theroni: mate!

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Honestly not sure on what the end-goal is for covid living in NZ. I'm confident we'll get on top of the current outbreak but it's pretty obvious the rest of the world is just going to keep thrashing around in covid miasma forever. I keep coming back to that chicken disease caused by non-sterilising vaccines with a 100% lethality to non-vaccinated chickens...

Honestly I'd be happy for the country to continue the 'fortress NZ' system indefinitely, with a dedicated quarantine facility in the middle of nowhere that everybody coming from overseas has to go to for a minimum length of time to be tested prior to release into the country. However I just don't see that happening long-term given how a big chunk of the country was built around international tourism in the before-times. What's the alternative though? Open Biden and accept that rates of severe illness and death just go up forever and everyone in the country has to keep getting new vaccines every 6 months which only minimise symptoms?

Seems that unless an actual sterilising vaccine can be developed we're pretty hosed, because even if it swept the planet and everyone got it mutation and re-infection is such that it will never go away. And unlike other diseases that never go away like colds and the flu this one has significantly higher consequences.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
rip phil valentino

died WITH, not OF

:patriot:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Wiltsghost posted:

All the students moved back where I live this weekend. It's going to be a shitshow in a few weeks.

Yep, Marquette county Michigan (up) is finally having cases go up and it coincides with college kids coming back

Maybe I should booster this week instead of early October when cases escalate, hm

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Blackhawk posted:

Honestly not sure on what the end-goal is for covid living in NZ. I'm confident we'll get on top of the current outbreak but it's pretty obvious the rest of the world is just going to keep thrashing around in covid miasma forever. I keep coming back to that chicken disease caused by non-sterilising vaccines with a 100% lethality to non-vaccinated chickens...

Honestly I'd be happy for the country to continue the 'fortress NZ' system indefinitely, with a dedicated quarantine facility in the middle of nowhere that everybody coming from overseas has to go to for a minimum length of time to be tested prior to release into the country. However I just don't see that happening long-term given how a big chunk of the country was built around international tourism in the before-times. What's the alternative though? Open Biden and accept that rates of severe illness and death just go up forever and everyone in the country has to keep getting new vaccines every 6 months which only minimise symptoms?

Seems that unless an actual sterilising vaccine can be developed we're pretty hosed, because even if it swept the planet and everyone got it mutation and re-infection is such that it will never go away. And unlike other diseases that never go away like colds and the flu this one has significantly higher consequences.

sometimes they mutate to be less deadly and we're never going to be vaccinated to the degree those chickens are, so a similar effect is extremely unlikely. there would be practically no evolutionary pressure for such a thing. every booster will bring the number of people up to date on the vaccines down. half the kids in the country wont be vaccinated

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Blackhawk posted:

Tourist economies need to embrace autarky, good luck making cars out of sheep

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Yep, Marquette county Michigan (up) is finally having cases go up and it coincides with college kids coming back

Maybe I should booster this week instead of early October when cases escalate, hm

You ever miss Tu Kaluthia?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Judakel posted:

sometimes they mutate to be less deadly and we're never going to be vaccinated to the degree those chickens are, so the idea of a similar effect is extremely unlikely. there would be practically no evolutionary pressure for such a thing. every booster will bring the number of people up to date on the vaccines down. at half the kids in the country wont be vaccinated

Yeah so it's unlikely to get significantly more lethal, but it's just as unlikely to get significantly less lethal and it's also not going anywhere. So the end result is just getting covid and the probability of death or long-term health impacts becomes a fact of life that everyone on the planet has to deal with? Like the cold you get a few times a year except every time you roll the dice for cheese lung? Living past 70 becomes significantly less common, people with compromised immune systems get to measure their remaining lifespan in single-digit years etc. Pretty cool lol.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I haven’t read any new posts today but Phil Valentine died lamo

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Oldest Man posted:

Just mathematically, that’s all that’s need to infect the whole school system within 2 incubation cycles with no mitigation. Obviously they probably skew to certain ages or geographies but 2% of the whole population of the school system positive is terrifying at the current r0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Blackhawk posted:

Yeah so it's unlikely to get significantly more lethal, but it's just as unlikely to get significantly less lethal and it's also not going anywhere. So the end result is just getting covid and the probability of death or long-term health impacts becomes a fact of life that everyone on the planet has to deal with? Like the cold you get a few times a year except every time you roll the dice for cheese lung? Living past 70 becomes significantly less common, people with compromised immune systems get to measure their remaining lifespan in single-digit years etc. Pretty cool lol.

i am just trying to give you some hope. I will be wearing my respirator and getting boosters from now on and that's all i can do