Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I don't really do much in this thread but I thought it would be worth saying that I just enjoy reading most of the comics posted and I ignore the ones that I don't like and that seems to work pretty well for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

The first one was a real problem for me, but my solution, which I feel has worked excellent for over a year now, is to wash the glasses with a little dishsoap, then I use a fresh house hold paper towel. Yes a paper towel, yes I know they scratch the lenses. But I don't wipe it clean, I just dab at the beads that remain. My glasses are then really frickin clean. Everytime I try and wipe them clean with a microfabric and commercial cleaner I just seem to end up with streaks.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gleebster posted:

Are you kidding? It's the same drat thing over and over.

Yeah, and you expected it not to be!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This week, I was diagnosed with an eye sickness you can't really adjust with glasses and only with hard lenses. I never wore lenses before and it's worse than the last panel implies
Also, they keep wandering around, to explore deep crevices in eyelids. That hurts much and I really hope this stops or I get used to it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Count Uvula posted:

We need less content being posted, pronto! We're only posting like four comics in this thread so we can get rid of them in four weeks if we focus as a community.

I like most of these

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

cant cook creole bream posted:

This week, I was diagnosed with an eye sickness you can't really adjust with glasses and only with hard lenses. I never wore lenses before and it's worse than the last panel implies
Also, they keep wandering around, to explore deep crevices in eyelids. That hurts much and I really hope this stops or I get used to it.

Glasses suck so much, especially in the mask age, but I was pretty much done with contacts after one mysteriously disappeared one night, only for me to realize it wandered up inside my eye socket when it fortunately came back out the next morning. It doesn't help that weird work schedules would pretty much make it a necessity to either put them in or take them out in a less-than-ideal work restroom.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

this is a problem which i solve by just not wearing them and accepting that everything more than a few feet away from me is going to dissolve into an indistinct blob

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

His Divine Shadow posted:

The first one was a real problem for me, but my solution, which I feel has worked excellent for over a year now, is to wash the glasses with a little dishsoap, then I use a fresh house hold paper towel. Yes a paper towel, yes I know they scratch the lenses. But I don't wipe it clean, I just dab at the beads that remain. My glasses are then really frickin clean. Everytime I try and wipe them clean with a microfabric and commercial cleaner I just seem to end up with streaks.

They make single use wet wipe style cleaners for camera lenses/other optics/glasses. They also have dry cleaning wipes that come in boxes like tissues that don't leave residue for electronics/optics.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Y'all need to floss more

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Slimy Hog posted:

Y'all need to floss more

:hmmyes:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Captain Monkey posted:

The posts about disliking the thing are, as always, 100x more annoying than the thing’s posts. Pfsc has a super identifiable art style. Just scroll past.

Lemon posted:

I don't really do much in this thread but I thought it would be worth saying that I just enjoy reading most of the comics posted and I ignore the ones that I don't like and that seems to work pretty well for me.

Shame on you both.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That is perfection. We need to start a new thread as to not further taint this one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

They should have sent a poet.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Have you called your mother lately

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

:five:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

:bisonyes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

:sickos:

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

some plague rats posted:

Have you called your mother lately

Does visiting her grave count?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

:worship:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

:perfect:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It's cool that this thread is frequented by the makers of Nedroid AND HfD.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I’m glad people are posting their favorite comics because I’ve discovered four really fun comics.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

A friend; a dead friend?

Color Mondays!

Pork chops and applesauce voted unpopular in Philippe's Mind

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Fools Infinite posted:

They make single use wet wipe style cleaners for camera lenses/other optics/glasses. They also have dry cleaning wipes that come in boxes like tissues that don't leave residue for electronics/optics.

I bought single use wet wipes (came with a dry wipe too) and they didn't work at all for me, I was extremely disappointed since I figured that'd definitely work. This way I don't need to buy a specialty item either, it's something I can do anywhere there's water, soap and paper towels.

His Divine Shadow has a new favorite as of 14:49 on Aug 22, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just buy a microfiber cloth in the automotive section. There, ultra-clean glasses without having to do some complex process of using only one microliter of dish soap and then dabbing dry.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

His Divine Shadow posted:

I bought single use wet wipes (came with a dry wipe too) and they didn't work at all for me, I was extremely disappointed since I figured that'd definitely work. This way I don't need to buy a specialty item either, it's something I can do anywhere there's water, soap and paper towels.

soap will remove the anti-scratch coating if you have one

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Themata posted:

Shame on you both.

This owns.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
You guys seem really critical of webcomics, and I'm kind of worried that people are just being nice and avoiding saying anything really mean about my stuff. Would it be alright if I posted my webcomic here along with everyone else posting episodic stuff like Pupkin and HFD? The art radically changes, because when I started drawing it, I also started practicing for hours a day, and people in the Webcomic thread in BYOB would PM me tips and stuff that I used almost immediately to try and make my art better.

This is what it looks like in the beginning:

And this is what it looked like last week:

If I did start posting, I wouldn't want to be intrusive, so I'd keep everything timg'd. Though if you have any opinions (even negative ones!) I'd love to hear them.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Post more of them and if it sucks I'm sure someone will say something.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

You guys seem really critical of webcomics

*completely losing my temper* THAT'S A LIE. WE ALL LOVE WEB COMICS HERE.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Hitmen for Destiny #76: In which similarity is noticed

i'm gonna admit it, it started to grow on me and i'm now in the mirror world at the park or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
im permabanned poster oyvindstomper58. i first started reading hitmen for destiny when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "destiny" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "i like killing monsters" and "i am very skilled in lesbianism" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "destiny" style of thorsby's humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" hfd to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.