Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Blaise330 posted:

Wait..... is Cena the only Southpaw guy still in the company?

At least original Southpaw, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I wonder which company The Forgotten Sons are going to sign with

hah you forgot them again didn't you.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Blaise330 posted:

Wait..... is Cena the only Southpaw guy still in the company?

Didn't Cesaro play the Sea Creature?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

I have no clue how but somehow they made Cena and Batista. Worst case scenario they deliver another gift to Hollywood.

Cena was also super close to being let go, he quite literally got lucky to a degree (I like and respect John, don't get me wrong)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Didn't Cesaro play the Sea Creature?

Natty was in season 2 as well

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
drat even in southpaw Cesaro cant get a speaking role

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Blaise330 posted:

I have no clue how but somehow they made Cena and Batista. Worst case scenario they deliver another gift to Hollywood.

Ironically they got “made” at Wrestlemania goes Hollywood, too, that’s kinda funny

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Natty was in season 2 as well

Ah right, she was in Southpaw's women division, which is only slightly smaller than NXT's women's tag division

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Blaise330 posted:

I just have a blind hunch that with how absurdly lucky WWE is and how they always fail upward, somehow some way one of the people they picked up in those tryouts is gonna end up being a legit ultra megastar. Like it makes absolutely no sense to get that loving lucky but somehow its gonna happen.

"somehow its gonna happen" is their actual strategy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blaise330 posted:

I just have a blind hunch that with how absurdly lucky WWE is and how they always fail upward, somehow some way one of the people they picked up in those tryouts is gonna end up being a legit ultra megastar. Like it makes absolutely no sense to get that loving lucky but somehow its gonna happen.

They have been signing these types of people for 15 years and none of them have become that megastar.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean the company had to be dragged kick and screaming to Battista and Cena and that was due to them having strong crowd reaction and doing good PPV numbers. The company doesn't care about the crowd and with no PPV numbers it's going to be a never ending run of guys Vince likes

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
cm punk

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I remember when we were promised another season of southpaw.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1429234120744259586?s=20

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/akfytwrestling/status/1429228130456178693?s=21

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmfao "i was there" summerslam shirts

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Joey McChrist posted:

lmfao "i was there" summerslam shirts

I always wonder who is the crowd for buying I was there for wrestling related shirts. That's not something you generally want to advertise to the public.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

For once in a lifetime moments like last night or Money in the Bank 2011 I get it, but there’s going to be another Summerslam next year it’s not special.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

njsykora posted:

For once in a lifetime moments like last night or Money in the Bank 2011 I get it, but there’s going to be another Summerslam next year it’s not special.

As an adult I would definitely not want to have a shirt advertising to the public that I attended a wrestling event.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Spending $100 on a Harvey Weinstein shirt and yelling at people that he helped fund some really good movies.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
... of course they're doing NFTs too

edit: holy loving poo poo STARTING at 20K

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

As an adult I would definitely not want to have a shirt advertising to the public that I attended a wrestling event.

i know, i saw someone wearing a cena shirt the other day and crossed the street to not pass by such an obviously odious individual

oh no wait i didn't because i'm also an adult and don't judge people based on what they like

Critical fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 22, 2021

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Critical posted:

i know, i saw someone wearing a cena shirt the other day and crossed the street to not pass by such an obviously odious individual

oh no wait i didn't because i'm also an adult and don't judge people based on what they like

Well I'm surprised you didn't, they were wearing a WWE shirt.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Well I'm surprised you didn't, they were wearing a WWE shirt.

i once went to target and saw a guy in the full cena. jorts, matching shirt and hat and even had the armband

i thought there was maybe a con nearby or something but nope, dude was just shopping in his cena gear. like you do.

i think about that guy a lot. the penta of target, zero fear and zero fucks

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
bruh WWE style wrestling is killing me... summerslam is on the 4th match and there's been less than 5 minutes of babyface offense total so far. And that's with all 4 babyfaces winning so far.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dominic is really lucky that Rey and the Uso's are bloody good workers because he is loving awful.

https://twitter.com/adamgoldberg28/status/1429243437069516801

Priest very nearly smashed his head on the apron.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sheamus had to fall forward to break his fall and still took a boot to the side of the head

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1429250629638123520?s=21

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Punchsport Pagoda > WWF News/Views: Building is cash free and Internet is down so nobody can buy anything.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Biggest party of the summer

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

I remember when we were promised another season of southpaw.

WWE not delivering, shocking

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

This is transcendent comedy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Everything I hear about Summerslam is the funniest thing until something else happens.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Post superslam results!

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

That's what they get for misusing FTR.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They've taken over TNA's spot of being wrestling performance art

Adbot