Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Heath posted:

I think the implication is 3,600 calories of not trash food

It's easy to eat 3,600 calories of milk shakes, less so to eat 3,600 calories of baked chicken and rice

I could do it easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

if you're not getting 3600 calories day you're not eating enough pussy

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Heath posted:

I think the implication is 3,600 calories of not trash food

It's easy to eat 3,600 calories of milk shakes, less so to eat 3,600 calories of baked chicken and rice

yea exactly, im not dirty bulking at mcdonalds or whatever

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I could do it easily.

how about I serve you 3600 calories of crow

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you’re really a 6’4 300lb giant who is just constantly roaming the countryside looking for dense green roughage and lowland herbivores to consume raw, yeah, I’d probably avoid Japan, you, uh, wouldn’t find it very accommodating

I tried to buy a size 14 shoe at the biggest department store in Tokyo and the sales clerk just laughed at me. “Not on the whole island” he said, just giggling

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

my point was that for as much as Felix talks about do you even lift bro I dont see how hes doing anything productive unless he too is eating "american sized portions", is the size of ben shapiro, or eats constantly

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A normal sized person who goes to the gym every day doesn't need to eat 3,000+ calories a day unless they are literally training for an athletic competition or sporting event and are trying to bulk up. Felix wouldn't''t need to eat two entire rotisserie chickens at his desk playing fortnite just to maintain equilibrium.

But apparently he's a vegetarian? It's totally possible for vegetarians to bulk up and get huge... but it is exceedingly, exceedingly rare, IME, and if all of Felix's protein is coming from peanut butter and milkshakes then yeah he's probably not gonna be turning any heads.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah he's probably not gonna be turning any heads.

Speak for yourself

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

A normal sized person who goes to the gym every day doesn't need to eat 3,000+ calories a day unless they are literally training for an athletic competition or sporting event and are trying to bulk up. Felix wouldn't''t need to eat two entire rotisserie chickens at his desk playing fortnite just to maintain equilibrium.

But apparently he's a vegetarian? It's totally possible for vegetarians to bulk up and get huge... but it is exceedingly, exceedingly rare, IME, and if all of Felix's protein is coming from peanut butter and milkshakes then yeah he's probably not gonna be turning any heads.

yea thats exactly what I mean, if hes eating some fake meat bean burger for a whopping 400 calories per meal that would get tedious real quick

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I could also easily eat 3600 calories in a day

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
i could probably stand to eat more, i work nights and nothing is open nearby that late so i've lost 30 pounds (from 170) in the past 9 months from eating too little

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Speak for yourself

I would, will, must gently caress Felix

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Heath posted:

I would, will, must gently caress Felix

Let me invite you to the "Mrs. Biederman" group chat.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Mr Hootington posted:

He is turning into diet Joe rogan. It sucks.

is this really a problem if its the healthy parts like adult karate and eating well?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
This is the weirdest tangent yet.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Bust Rodd posted:

A normal sized person who goes to the gym every day doesn't need to eat 3,000+ calories a day

then why do you?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
man it might be the cough syrup but some of these posts about felix's diet are incomprehensible.

what did he even say? that it's hard to clean-bulk on giant plates of american food trash?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

crepeface posted:

what did he even say?

that journalists in the US are more likely to be killed by their diet than by the taliban and goons took it personally

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

You know most protein powders are vegetarian or vegan, right?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

multijoe posted:

Yes, and body builders are using them to supplement the other more readily available proteins found in things like meat.

Goast posted:

then why do you?

Post your 6-pack or shut the gently caress up, loser

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

multijoe posted:

he probably also knows how disgusting it would be to try and consume thousands of calories worth of protein powder

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I just dehydrate tofu and eat it like jerky

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I would like to have a six pack, but at my age that means being the weirdo who brings Tupperwares of boiled chicken breasts to the dinner party. It's going to be funny when a bunch of guys start dropping dead in their 40s and 50s because superhero movies convinced them that a middle-aged accountant needs to look like John Cena.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

little munchkin posted:

he probably also knows how disgusting it would be to try and consume thousands of calories worth of protein powder

You don't need to take thousands of calories worth of protein to maintain an athletic shape though, like even if you're a super tall and athletic lad you're probably not going to need more than 140-160g of protein per day, half of which you can easily get from a couple of shakes and the rest from a regular vegetarian diet. It's really no big deal

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Halloween Jack posted:

I would like to have a six pack, but at my age that means being the weirdo who brings Tupperwares of boiled chicken breasts to the dinner party. It's going to be funny when a bunch of guys start dropping dead in their 40s and 50s because superhero movies convinced them that a middle-aged accountant needs to look like John Cena.

a six pack is pretty hard, but a flat stomach with some abs is pretty reasonable. you might have to be strict/work hard to get there, but once you've got it, you can maintain it without forgoing beer and pizza. check the ylls forums.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think he would've liked to have been president when his faculties were intact.

No way. It was his life's mission! Imagine how thrilling it must be for him to wake up every morning and getting to learn he's the president over and over again!

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

crepeface posted:

man it might be the cough syrup but some of these posts about felix's diet are incomprehensible.

what did he even say? that it's hard to clean-bulk on giant plates of american food trash?

He's been saying that the food most Americans eat is garbage, which is correct.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I live on pocky and Code Red and I'll be damned if I teach my son any other way

lala da vinci
Oct 9, 2012
that bible podcast felix did was good, i'd listen to him talk more about the bible

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

It might be a little different because I work a manual labor job, but I've seen the strongest most physically fit guys completely fall apart in their 50's as their joints and backs start going and they wrack up a critical amount of nagging injuries. I think there's going to be a price for the internet making the default exercise heavy compound lifting and crossfit type stuff.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

It might be a little different because I work a manual labor job, but I've seen the strongest most physically fit guys completely fall apart in their 50's as their joints and backs start going and they wrack up a critical amount of nagging injuries. I think there's going to be a price for the internet making the default exercise heavy compound lifting and crossfit type stuff.

I don't think they're quite the same thing, even low impact monotonous physical labor can produce crippling long term injures but these tend to be repetitive stress related. If you are not blowing through PR's to be the biggest motherfucker in the world, you likely aren't lifting at an intensity where you are racking up injuries. Compound lifts are biomechanically quite safe, and TRT dads are not actually pushing themselves that hard in the gym. If anything we are likely to have a much more mobile generation as these guys age because this kind of basic attention to fitness makes a dramatic difference later in life. I mean aside from the much huger swaths of people who will be absolutely destroyed by obesity in their old age. Crossfit is another story entirely, but that was a bougie fad and not representative of most of the new fitness culture. I'm pretty sure felix is safe.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah chronic low level repetitive movements that use the same muscle groups over and over will gently caress you up but even the worst mirror focused workout bro will have some balance of push-pull movements and rest days.

not including crossfit in this though

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

It might just be my bias because of how fit they were, but the most spectacular life altering fall aparts I've seen were from people who have been heavy lifting their whole life. It was enough to scare me away from lifting honestly. It's all anecdotal from a job where if you get a bad injury you are out on the street though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Vanessa_ABee/status/1429637327169757184?s=19

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wonder what that kid is going to end up like

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

IME compound lifts are actually good for getting your physical fitness back after working manual labour jobs that grind you down. I knew an older man who worked for the highway department, he had chronic pain and couldn't hold small weights with outstretched arms for more than a few seconds. A lifting regimen cured his chronic shoulder pain.

I'm pretty sure that all of my chronic neck and shoulder pain is from manual labour, rugby, and tech neck. I would like to go back to the gym and start doing squats and deadlifts on a simple 5x5 or whatever plan again. I just don't feel the need to train like a professional wrestler for the sake of vanity.

In my experience with Crossfit people outside of their "boxes," they're more focused on monopolizing as much gym equipment as possible while getting as little exercise as possible. I'm definitely not doing that weird poo poo where you squat on top of a ball.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 23, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao my gym teacher in high school ran a 5K every day until she was basically going to labor you keyboard warrior

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Crossfit is dumb and bad and as a fitness psycho myself it's lame to shame people for eating stuff that tastes good. Life sucks and it's a pain in the rear end to meal prep and lift and poo poo (unless you're lucky enough to make it as a podcaster or whatever). Eating clean sucks - that's okay I'll still keep eating that garbage.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao my gym teacher in high school ran a 5K every day until she was basically going to labor you keyboard warrior

Yeah she told me about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

net work error posted:

Yeah she told me about it

She actually told me first