Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

absolutely nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

cr0y posted:

Searching ivermectin on patriots.win is a fuckin trip

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Vishass posted:

Our kid's school has had 4 cases in three weeks. They're supposed to contact you if your kid was exposed to quarantine

Me: so do you heard about kids I'm other classes being out with COVID?

Son: My friend has been out all week with COVID

Me: oh is he in another class you see at lunch or something?

Son: no, he sits next to me in class
jesus christ

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

redreader posted:

I went to Colorado from California this weekend and it's night and day. In Santa Clara county, almost everyone wears a mask. In Denver, nobody loving cares. Hotel staff are not wearing masks, nobody downtown is wearing one, the people I met (mostly outside, while I wore my n95 lol), etc etc. I think starbucks staff had masks on but that's it. I asked why and one friend said 'well it was bad but it's been good recently so we don't need masks any more'. I was like, check again dude. He got on google and was quite amazed. Just a top of my head calculation, I think Denver is doing a bit worse (half the new cases with about 1/3rd the population) than SCC is doing. I couldn't get over the snacks in the plane and everyone accepting and eating/drinking. I think most people just think this is not a problem any more and it's all over, and if you've got a vaccine it's not a big deal. I might even be being generous about the 'if you've got a vaccine', I bet they just think it's fine.

It's not even if you got the vaccine. To most people around me it really isn't a big deal. To them it's viewed more like a cold, and it's not going to stop them from sucking and loving down at Applebee's

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Steve Yun posted:

absolutely nuts

the thing they wanted to do all along

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Steve Yun posted:

absolutely nuts

stupid dumb bitch shut the gently caress up and suck my dick

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

Okay when people say there’s proof that ivermectin works I guess they’re thinking about this

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

It's me, the guy reading meaning into a two second clip. She could have beat the gently caress out of him 50% later.

It's the equivalent of the dudes catching Ted Cruz in a "what my badge reads" trap photo. Come on.
you already mentioned not clicking through, but posting the source anyways,
https://twitter.com/SherEPunjab600/status/1428619616595570692

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

Why didn't Antifa and BLM ever rush the police?

We'd have been shot to death.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

salient posted:

tonight was the big welcome week block party on campus and we're already getting 911 calls for students in the dorms experiencing covid symptoms :) in-person classes start monday and professors are not allowed to tell the class if a student tests positive

they need a warrant canary. a big "no one in this classroom has tested positive for covid" sign hanging up from day one.

problem with that is it would be taken down by day three, max, and then it's like welp what can you do?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/status/1429095500809228290
1. lol accept the risk, send your kids to school, nothing else can be done
2. wash hands lmao
3. talk to your school about improved testing/ventilation ok
4. wear a mask and get vaxxed

lmao

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Scotty from Marketing is reverting back to his Liberal Party roots by tightening the purse strings again and wanting to keep the economy in surplus like all Liberal PMs do. He’s just reverting to type and it shouldn’t be unexpected tbh.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I have pretty much mastered the two hour exercise/5km radius travel lockdown limit. Plz don't call the cops for the extra 11 minutes.

And yes we call that lake dick and balls lake.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I have pretty much mastered the two hour exercise/5km radius travel lockdown limit. Plz don't call the cops for the extra 11 minutes.

i went to melbourne once it was very nice

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Tzen posted:

https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/status/1429095500809228290
1. lol accept the risk, send your kids to school, nothing else can be done
2. wash hands lmao
3. talk to your school about improved testing/ventilation ok
4. wear a mask and get vaxxed

lmao

Vivec's Thirty-Six lessons on accepting and living with COVID-19:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shear Modulus posted:

i went to melbourne once it was very nice

Agreed. Shame about the whole not being able to see it thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Steve Yun posted:

absolutely nuts

*chuckles* I'm in danger!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

well it is Prince Albert Park

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8-cM08MPw

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Dennisbours/status/1429162770839261186

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

this is going to keep happening and it's just the beginning mother gently caress

https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1429262774203473923
https://www.wlox.com/2021/08/18/parents-8th-grader-who-died-covid-dont-believe-children-are-safe-cases-resurge/

RALEIGH, Miss. (WLBT) - Burying a child. It’s something no parent wants to do.

But that is the painstaking task a Smith County family is facing after their young teenage daughter died this weekend of the coronavirus.

The parents of MKayla Robinson, 13, are devastated and want parents to have options to keep their children safe from the deadly virus.

Mykel Robinson is traumatized by the loss of her daughter from COVID.

“Why does it take my baby to pass for all this uprising?” asked the 37-year-old mother of three.

Last Wednesday the eighth grader came home from Raleigh High School with a sore throat. Over the course of two days she had a 105 temperature, was too weak to walk and had difficulty breathing.

Prior to the exposure, her mother said she was healthy and had no pre-existing illnesses. She was released from the clinic Friday but overnight there was a turn for the worse.

“She was having trouble breathing basically, so that’s when I end up running to get her inhaler and called 911,” said Robinson. “By the time I went to the hospital she had started coding.”

MKayla’s father, Justin Wadell, is adamant that schools aren’t a safe learning environment.

“During this COVID time, with all this going on, just a little sore throat can turn into your kid dying,” said Wadell.

The 36-year-old was alarmed to learn about the school’s old band director and his wife dying of COVID and the high number of cases in the district.

“I talked to her that morning her first day of school. I talked to my baby that day,” added Wadell. “So it’s like, if we would have known these cases were as bad as they were... I wouldn’t have sent her to school.”

The grieving parents want virtual learning as an option.

Smith County Superintendent Nick Hillman said parents will soon receive notification about classes in the district. As of Tuesday there were 104 positive cases among students.

Robinson and Wadell are offended that information about their child’s death was distributed by school officials before they were contacted. They said misinformation was shared.

“When I found out it was on social media, I hadn’t even made it from the hospital,” added Robinson.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to assist the family with burial costs https://gf.me/v/c/7syk/help-with-memorial-services-for-mkayla-robinson .

Copyright 2021 WLBT. All rights reserved.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

absolutely nuts

I don't know my AU politicians very well so I read this and "oh it's just some right wing rear end in a top hat" nope it's the "Leader of the Liberal Party" lol.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1429358959027232768

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gorson posted:

I don't know my AU politicians very well so I read this and "oh it's just some right wing rear end in a top hat" nope it's the "Leader of the Liberal Party" lol.

Aside from the standard "liberals are right wing assholes" reply, aren't the Australian Liberals explicitly the right-wing party?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
We are gearing up to start classes out here in Beijing. However, the city government has decreed that no school can start before the 1st of September. Hell, you can't even go into the local expat bars without proof of double vaccinations.

There is a reason why China is down to like 4 cases a day.

In other news, my mom is getting the ghosted by her neurologist on advice on getting vaccinated. She isn't anti-vax in any sense of the word, but she does have MS and she has had reactions to vaccinations in the past. She just wants advice before she gets them. Meanwhile, my dad and brother are vaxxed and hunkered down to keep her same. It is all they can do for now.

It is ironic how anti-vaxxers who refuse to get vaccinated while there are cases like my mom who want to get vaccinated, but can't! gently caress!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Steve Yun posted:

Kinda sorta good news: 1 million shots a day 3 days in a row

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1429138891550908416?s=20

Good but I’m gonna assume a non trivial amount of them are people going back for thirdsies

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Dolash posted:

Aside from the standard "liberals are right wing assholes" reply, aren't the Australian Liberals explicitly the right-wing party?

I always got the impression that the Australian Liberals are equivalent to the UK's Tories.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dolash posted:

Yes. The liberal prime minister is a bible thumping climate change denying anti-immigration free market open er up type.

Edit: the liberal party is also the right wing party back home in British Columbia. Labor/NDP are left-ish.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 22, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Forceholy posted:

In other news, my mom is getting the ghosted by her neurologist on advice on getting vaccinated. She isn't anti-vax in any sense of the word, but she does have MS and she has had reactions to vaccinations in the past. She just wants advice before she gets them. Meanwhile, my dad and brother are vaxxed and hunkered down to keep her same. It is all they can do for now.

What’s she on

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

So many replies to Nate of "dude I have children duh" and then so many replies to those people of "children don't get sick statistically they're fine!"

Lol at the Nate silver child suffering cult

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

FizFashizzle posted:

What’s she on

I'd have to ask. I do know that they used to go to Mexico to get her medication because 1) gently caress the American Healthcare Industry and 2) She had a bad reaction to what her insurer cleared her for.

E: Eventually, they found a MS medication that worked for her here in the states. Her mobility has improved a lot these past few years.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Aug 22, 2021

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
xposting from the bad thread, hence the formality

I work/teach at a university with a vaccine mandate (for all community members and visitors), 2x/week testing for campus residents, and that's starting the year, at at minimum, with indoor masking.

A student I know well shared this on their FB, it chills me to the bone to think about the effects on our community/education/mission/morale, especially if/when there is campus transmission, despite all the countermeasures that should reduce, but will not eliminate, cases it the institution. I don't know that I have heard any institution/employer discuss the downstream effects of long covid / PASC (besides Dan Griffin, who has been pounding the table for months on TWIV that we will need HR and educational policies that recognize and provide for a tremendous increase in disability, essentially, and the question is just how big that increase will be).

quote:

Sometimes you can do everything right with the most amount of information at the time, and still end up facing the consequences of other people’s decisions.

I was a healthy college student. I did safe summer activities around vaccinated people. I contracted coronavirus from having a 15 minute unmasked conversation with a person who had gone to a bar. I believe that being vaccinated helped me to be staying out of the hospital, but I experienced over a week of struggling to breathe, chest pain, intense coughing, and fatigue. I lost my sense of smell and taste for two weeks. Nearly a month after infection, I am still enduring chest pain, headaches, dizziness/lightheadedness/nausea, weakness in both arms and legs, heart palpitations and greatly elevated heart rate upon standing up. Walking around a grocery store feels like running a mile to me. My watch registers getting out of bed as an exercise minute. I can’t stand up for long periods of time anymore. (And to anyone that’s curious, yes this is the reason why I’ve been slow to reply, out of meetings, and can’t get much work done.)

I was diagnosed with tachycardia, currently observing for long-haul covid symptoms. A number of women in their teenage years and 20s are reporting the onset or worsening of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) following a covid infection. POTS is a condition in what is called dysautonomia, where the autonomic nervous system that regulates processes such as the heart are dysfunctional. It is theorized that the coronavirus affects the vagus nerve, part of the autonomic nervous system. Coronavirus already affects the olfactory nerves responsible for taste and smell, as part of its characteristic symptoms. Thousands of people are dealing with long haul symptoms often for months on end. We don’t know how long a condition like POTS will last, and it scares me.

Please, I beg of everyone. Rethink if you really need to go to potential superspreader events and engage in risky behavior. As we return to dormitory living, your actions will affect others. As effective as the vaccine is, I would rather not stress test it when the consequences can be life-altering. Let’s not rush to unmask everyone so quickly when a very minor inconvenience could save your classmate from the onset of chronic illness. Like many of my classmates, I am excited to return to campus and ease back into normal [institution] life, but we cannot launch into this recklessly especially as a science and technology-based school facing an ongoing pandemic.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

Okay when people say there’s proof that ivermectin works I guess they’re thinking about this

They’re thinking about something they saw on facebook that was itself a fifth-hand description of this study that nobody read

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

brugroffil posted:

So many replies to Nate of "dude I have children duh" and then so many replies to those people of "children don't get sick statistically they're fine!"
Lol at the Nate silver child suffering cult
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1429128612305940480
lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Roughly fifteen hours out from the booster.

Low grade fever. Can’t find a thermometer anywhere. Not as bad as last two times. I did not sleep very well.

VERY sore arm. Might be the sorest of the three. Not sure.

Noticeable lymphadenopathy left armpit. Very tender. Had this the first time but not the second.

Generally very sore. For the third time of three j got my shot on the same day I did a heavy deadlift workout session so I think it’s kinda exacerbating things.

Gonna alternate ibbies and Tylenol all day and hope I’m good enough for work tomorrow.

Forceholy posted:

I'd have to ask. I do know that they used to go to Mexico to get her medication because 1) gently caress the American Healthcare Industry and 2) She had a bad reaction to what her insurer cleared her for.

E: Eventually, they found a MS medication that worked for her here in the states. Her mobility has improved a lot these past few years.

Shoot me a message if you can find out.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

brain so broken by covid that the song 'Free (Live Your Life)' is agitating to me

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Here's an interesting project, an attempt to quantify the riskiness of different activities: https://www.microcovid.org/

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So was that Ric Flair in that photo or what?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

Why didn't Antifa and BLM ever rush the police?

none one wanted to die so that the lady who runs BLM can own a 5th mansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao at Fox News running with “your body your choice “

lmao