Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe the media should not cite preprint studies idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I wonder if we can hit a 9/11 of deaths a day by 9/11 in just Florida.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My work is not going to stop until someone dies but unfortunately that someone is probably going to be me and they'll probably be like "look at all those comorbidity, not our fault!"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Is there any map/graph/whatever that shows vaccination rates in comparison to population density? I've been thinking about the irony of large cities having better vaccination rates but more exposure due to population density. What's the sweet spot?

Illinois released zip code vax rates. They're off slightly because people who used a different address to get the shot didnt get counted where they live, so some of the richer areas are probably undercounted on vax rates. You could overlay that data with density per zip code if you wanted

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Shitpostradomus posted:

Hey fellow Adderall buddy

This is me (usually also caffeine) but my resting heart rate is still usually around 80. Sometimes it can be around 90 though. But my resting heart rate always stayed pretty high despite regular exercise before I got diagnosed as an adult and started adderall too. My doctor doesn't seem particularly concerned? I dunno, my heart rate also averages quite high during long exercise, like ~175 maintained basically indefinitely is comfortable.

The other day I ran on a stupidly hot and humid day and was miserable and managed to average 189bpm over 50 minutes. I can still max over 200 and I'm in my late 30s.

I think I'm a hummingbird of some sort. Either that or on my way to a heart attack during exercise or something. Maybe I just have a small bleak heart.

Edit: Also by resting I mean mid day sitting in a chair. I think technically it's the lowest low you hit during sleep, but at least measured shortly after waking for the day.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Where are you guys getting your masks from as things start to open up?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Dragonturtle posted:

hello time traveler

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

JAV titers

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Rick posted:

My work is not going to stop until someone dies but unfortunately that someone is probably going to be me and they'll probably be like "look at all those comorbidity, not our fault!"

Yeah, my big thing is that for the one or two of my friends is yelling at me that I'm being a weirdo by locking back down again, they'll never admit any responsibility. If I let them browbeat me and start going to bars again to make them feel better and I get covid because of it, they'll never admit that their behavior could have been a factor into me getting sick

I loving hate all these people that want society to open because they want it to be open and they don't want to feel like they're making incredibly stupid and risky decisions

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

super sweet best pal posted:

Why didn't Antifa and BLM ever rush the police?

75% of the protestors were on the side of the cops and were there to protest trump

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1429304290108133377

nate silver is a dumb rear end in a top hat who sucks poo poo

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Testvan posted:

https://youtu.be/8xSFi-Tn2_g

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Testvan posted:

Please do give up. It'd be better for everyone

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

FizFashizzle posted:

Roughly fifteen hours out from the booster.

Low grade fever. Can’t find a thermometer anywhere. Not as bad as last two times. I did not sleep very well.

VERY sore arm. Might be the sorest of the three. Not sure.

Noticeable lymphadenopathy left armpit. Very tender. Had this the first time but not the second.

Generally very sore. For the third time of three j got my shot on the same day I did a heavy deadlift workout session so I think it’s kinda exacerbating things.

Gonna alternate ibbies and Tylenol all day and hope I’m good enough for work tomorrow.

got mine yesterday afternoon too and I totally agree that my arm is probably the sorest of the 3 shots. round 2 back in February wrecked me. guessing this one will ramp up today too.

I know this thread will give me grief for it but I feel a little uncomfortable with having gotten the shot before it’s officially recommended by CDC or FDA. although, it makes me feel a little better that you got one and Nodelphi was saying we waited too long for boosters. I’m just a worrier in general when it comes to this kind of stuff. my unfounded fear is that I’ll get myocarditis and have issues when I run in the mornings :(

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

is this actually based on anything

I think it was a corollary to the idea that you only need one mRNA shot if you've been previously infected.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Real Mean Queen posted:

They’re thinking about something they saw on facebook that was itself a fifth-hand description of this study that nobody read

John Campbell went over a bunch of studies in June/July that were promising and even the latest one that looks bad for ivermectin mentioned it seemed be 10% helpful but the full study still isn't out, just slides

It is absolutely impossible to get good data on it due to politics. Imagine if trump had said bcg was the treatment in April, almost no one reputable would have studied it

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Dragonturtle posted:

refer to the 2nd post in the thread
best order soon, things are getting sold out

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

FizFashizzle posted:

Roughly fifteen hours out from the booster.

Low grade fever. Can’t find a thermometer anywhere. Not as bad as last two times. I did not sleep very well.

VERY sore arm. Might be the sorest of the three. Not sure.

Noticeable lymphadenopathy left armpit. Very tender. Had this the first time but not the second.

Generally very sore. For the third time of three j got my shot on the same day I did a heavy deadlift workout session so I think it’s kinda exacerbating things.

Gonna alternate ibbies and Tylenol all day and hope I’m good enough for work tomorrow.

Shoot me a message if you can find out.

Pretty much exact same symptoms here. I spent a lot of time working on the yard yesterday but I usually never feel bad after. I feel loving worthless and am picking up breakfast because gently caress doing anything that requires effort. Work may not happen tomorrow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fireside Nut posted:

got mine yesterday afternoon too and I totally agree that my arm is probably the sorest of the 3 shots. round 2 back in February wrecked me. guessing this one will ramp up today too.

I know this thread will give me grief for it but I feel a little uncomfortable with having gotten the shot before it’s officially recommended by CDC or FDA. although, it makes me feel a little better that you got one and Nodelphi was saying we waited too long for boosters. I’m just a worrier in general when it comes to this kind of stuff. my unfounded fear is that I’ll get myocarditis and have issues when I run in the mornings :(

Dude I work for a hospital that refuses to let me WFH or enforce a mask mandate. We had six people in the office get it, including an anti vax provider I sit ten feet from. One of the girls was in the hospital for over a week.

Like, I’m doing this for myself and my patients. I didn’t take this dose from anyone. All these doses are being thrown out.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Tzen posted:

refer to the 2nd post in the thread
best order soon, things are getting sold out

Yo thanks, forgot about that post. Stocking back up immediately since my work pulled the rug out from under me suddenly

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

mila kunis posted:

thats a loving holocaust. holy poo poo

If you took the current confirmed US fatality rate at 628k and applied it to India's population you would get about 2.6m deaths. Last year there was reporting from the NYT about how the true US death toll is probably underreported by about a third, based on excess mortality. So based on Excess mortality India is probably doing about as well as the US roughly.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the great thing about excess mortality statistics is last year ruined the curve and this year is going to completely destroy it

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m SO mad.

My wife’s cousin/best friend is an idiot anti vax nut and so is most of that family. They went to a wedding last night, took a picture of them all flipping the finger at me and posted it on Facebook (tagging me and labeling it superspreader event)

mind you, they have a daughter in quarantine because someone at daycare tested positive.

Am I evil for hoping one of them gets a bad case of Covid but not bad enough to be hospitalized?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Kreeblah posted:

See, here I thought Alberta was the Florida of Canada with their "you don't need to isolate even if you have a symptomatic COVID infection" poo poo.

I thought Alberta was the Texas of Canada.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I thought Alberta was the Texas of Canada.

yeah Quebec is the Florida of Canada

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spoondick posted:

the great thing about excess mortality statistics is last year ruined the curve and this year is going to completely destroy it

Good news , excess mortality under Biden will be negative because the scientists who calculate it have already been adjusting the historical model

Not far off from the sg-1 episode I just watched where the computer kept making revisions and everyone checking the link (Wikipedia/govt press releases) would say no, this is how things have always been

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

FizFashizzle posted:

Dude I work for a hospital that refuses to let me WFH or enforce a mask mandate. We had six people in the office get it, including an anti vax provider I sit ten feet from. One of the girls was in the hospital for over a week.

Like, I’m doing this for myself and my patients. I didn’t take this dose from anyone. All these doses are being thrown out.

Sorry for the miscommunication! I was just trying to say that it gives me comfort that you chose to do a third dose on your own with all of the medical knowledge you have. I know doses are going to waste all over the country - I definitely wasn’t trying to say anything about that.

I’m just anxious in general about health stuff and getting my third shot yesterday before it’s ‘officially recommended’ gives me unfounded fears I did the wrong thing for my health even though I know it’s not the case lol

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

I’m SO mad.

My wife’s cousin/best friend is an idiot anti vax nut and so is most of that family. They went to a wedding last night, took a picture of them all flipping the finger at me and posted it on Facebook (tagging me and labeling it superspreader event)

mind you, they have a daughter in quarantine because someone at daycare tested positive.

Am I evil for hoping one of them gets a bad case of Covid but not bad enough to be hospitalized?

no

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fireside Nut posted:

Sorry for the miscommunication! I was just trying to say that it gives me comfort that you chose to do a third dose on your own with all of the medical knowledge you have. I know doses are going to waste all over the country - I definitely wasn’t trying to say anything about that.

I’m just anxious in general about health stuff and getting my third shot yesterday before it’s ‘officially recommended’ gives me unfounded fears I did the wrong thing for my health even though I know it’s not the case lol

I didn’t mean for that to sound hostile. My b

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

YOU DONT HAVE KIDS YOU loving MORON

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Because of the big ongoing outbreak in Sydney Australia they've fasttracked jabs for the year 12 students in the "hot zone" (usually aged around 17 or 18) even though kids in the rest of the county aren't eligible yet. They set up the Qudos Bank Arena as a mass vaccination hub and they've been vaxxing thousands of students there since early August. Here's a news report if anyone wants more info

The latest conspiracy theory going around Aus social media is that three students collapsed and died at the venue after being jabbed so we've got the usual gang of idiots screaming THE VACCINE IS KILLING CHILDREN!!! and flipping out. I tracked down the main source of the rumour and it's a lovely US-based conspiracy podcast and the 'evidence' they have is photos and some phone camera footage of people who seem to be adults passing out after their jabs, and they were obviously shot in several different facilities which don't even seem to be the Qudos Arena injection hub.
It's all so very very tiring. :eng99:

Pillowpants posted:

I’m SO mad.

I hope they catch it too

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also Adelphi was the last straw for me.

No one is looking out for us.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Pillowpants posted:

I’m SO mad.

Granted I'm kinda evil but I hope they choke on cheeselung then I'd post "lol lmao" on their facebook.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I'm perfectly ok with making any in-person non-emergent medical care be completely contingent on being vaccinated (with an exception for those who cannot get one).

at the clinic Mrs Pony works at they push phone visits hard for folks who declined vaccination. and in person for those that have not been vaccinated (to push them to get a shot at their visit).

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Lady Militant posted:

YOU DONT HAVE KIDS YOU loving MORON

Also loving :lol: at Nate thinking he's an authority on emotional development

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Pillowpants posted:

I’m SO mad.

get screenshots before it immediately goes sideways on them and the cowards delete it

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Pillowpants posted:

I’m SO mad.

uh does this include your wife cause ummm :chloe:

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm perfectly ok with making any in-person non-emergent medical care be completely contingent on being vaccinated (with an exception for those who cannot get one).

at the clinic Mrs Pony works at they push phone visits hard for folks who declined vaccination. and in person for those that have not been vaccinated (to push them to get a shot at their visit).

They're not even really changing the rules AFAIK. They're not denying anti-vaxxers a liver, they're giving it to someone way more likely to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
September is really gonna be a blood bath god drat

I'm starting to feel sick thinking about it this morning. you can only lmao so much death and misery away... guess I'll go walk through the woods and pretend i'm the only person alive or something before the hurricane hits.

i encountered this cool purple damselfly (Argia fumipennis or Variable dancer) that posed for a photo last sunday :unsmith: