Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The morons that went to Central Park and didn't even get to see their geriatric icons while hotboxing COVID will surely not take up more ICU space in the next week or two - surely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

Sorry I meant vaccine mandate.

But obviously mask compliance is spotty.

mount carmel health system in columbus has security walk around and yell at dicknosers, every employee is wearing n95 or kf94’s

residents and attending physicians in the ER wear elasometrics with goggles.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Gio posted:

“may have to consider” and for reasons that dont seem to include “to spite them”

some general practitioners have fired patients who won't get the shot.

why waste your time giving advice to someone that insists on ignoring that advice?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Good brain!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
The third booster did feel like I'm injecting eagles into my arm.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you're going to have to be more specific because that is every battle in lotr

this isn't even a joke, every battle the good guys win has some deus ex machina bullshit at the end to drag them to victory:

weathertop: aragorn suddenly returns
isen: magic elf powers summon river horses
merry and pippen: freed only because the rohirrim magically show up to slaughter the urak-hai
isengard: merry and pippen convert giant talking trees to their side
helm's deep: gandalf returns at the last moment with rohirrim
pelannor fields: the rohirrim and actual ghosts show up to save the day
cirith ungol: all the orcs kill each other
black gate: the ring is destroyed and the ground opens beneath the orc army for some reason???

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

mdemone posted:

yeah Delta is way more like Helm's Deep: there's just way too goddamn many of them. Gandalf the White Cell comes to save the day

"Ride out and meet them!" says Theoden as he gets in the car to go to brunch

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

You basically remade the point I made so I'll just add that "let unvaccinated people die" is not some bright line that we can draw.

I'm not the OP, I'm just saying we need to be vigilant about the issue and not get too excited about neglecting unvaccinated people. Many people are unvaccinated due to systemic issues created deliberately by the same folks who put themselves first in line for vaccines, after all.

vaccines are getting flushed down the drain at every pharmacy every day across the country. they are 100% free and do not require proof of insurance or identification. this has been the case for months. (back in april and may there were mass vaccination sites in every major city.) we have spent plenty of money at the statewide and national level on PSAs encouraging people to get vaccinated. in detroit, the health department went door to door informing people of places to get vaccinated and how they can get them.

there is no excuse for anyone to be unvaccinated.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Gio posted:

vaccines are getting flushed down the drain at every pharmacy every day across the country. they are 100% free and do not require proof of insurance or identification. this has been the case for months. (back in april and may there were mass vaccination sites in every major city.) we have spent plenty of money at the statewide and national level on PSAs encouraging people to get vaccinated. in detroit, the health department went door to door informing people of places to get vaccinated and how they can get them.

passing the buck of being unvaccinated on to individuals seems pretty ridiculous considering how little effort the american government has actually put in to getting people vaccinated, lol.

unvaccinated people are a sign of institutional failures, not individual ones

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Koirhor posted:

mount carmel health system in columbus has security walk around and yell at dicknosers, every employee is wearing n95 or kf94’s

residents and attending physicians in the ER wear elasometrics with goggles.

This owns tbh.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiPyml5n6Sc

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

All other things being equal the unvaccinated person who needs an icu bed taking an icu bed from a person hit by a drunk driver is as culpable as the drunk driver for that persons death.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

passing the buck of being unvaccinated on to individuals seems pretty ridiculous considering how little effort the american government has actually put in to getting people vaccinated, lol.

Nate?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2021/08/dallas-hospitals-did-not-agree-to-triage-based-on-vaccination-status/?ref=feat-hp no, that story was bullshit

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

the us government has completely failed to roll out vaccines in an equitable and responsible manner. every unvaccinated person represents an institutional failure. blaming individuals does nothing

osprey
Apr 18, 2021

got a bunch of stuff going on irl so i'm not really able to keep up with this thread like i have been. prob need to take a break for a while

good luck goons

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

honestly, are we forgetting WHY people aren’t getting vaccinated? seriously?

the government could have paid people to take them and should have. but this 100% not an issue of “access.”

it can be both an individual failure as well as a governmental one.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If you had a reaction to the vaccines it means you had covid back in 2019, hth

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
nate is right, forcing kids to socially isolate with parents that hate them vs getting infected by a virus that could gently caress them up long term is a risk worth taking

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

the us government has completely failed to roll out vaccines in an equitable and responsible manner. every unvaccinated person represents an institutional failure. blaming individuals does nothing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

i really dont understand your point, dude. nothing about what im saying is loving open biden poo poo

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Gio posted:

Losing employment due to taking unauthorized PTO/sick days (because the barely minimum wage job doesn't give actual PTO/sick days)? :thunk:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I work with transplant data and physicians/surgeons, there's all sorts of behavioral related factors centers will take into account, especially because there are shortages of every organ. The way I think about it is what is the expected survival of the liver in this person? Probably not very long, just like it would not be very long in a person needing a transplant for alcoholic cirrhosis who refused to stop drinking, or someone who they did not believe would stick to their immunosuppression regimen after transplant for the rest of their life.

and yeah, even if this guy stuck to his immuno regimen, obviously that + unvaccinated is pretty much a death sentence when he gets covid

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Gio posted:

Inflexible work hours, years of overcharging the poor for "free" services, decades of nonconsensual medical experimentation on POC...

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

PerniciousKnid posted:

Inflexible work hours, years of overcharging the poor for "free" services, decades of nonconsensual medical experimentation on POC...

b..but the chuds!!! :qq:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

i really dont understand your point, dude. nothing about what im saying is loving open biden poo poo

The vaccine has been widely available for months. Gov has done all sorts of incentives to get people jabbed. If anyone hasn't by now that choice is completely on them, not some systemic failure. But keep posting.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

SirPablo posted:

The vaccine has been widely available for months. Gov has done all sorts of incentives to get people jabbed. If anyone hasn't by now that choice is completely on them, not some systemic failure. But keep posting.

you're an idiot clearly way more interested in seeing people you find distasteful punished rather than helping anybody. literally the worst kind of liberal

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SirPablo posted:

shut up bitch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

actionjackson posted:

I work with transplant data and physicians/surgeons, there's all sorts of behavioral related factors centers will take into account, especially because there are shortages of every organ. The way I think about it is what is the expected survival of the liver in this person? Probably not very long, just like it would not be very long in a person needing a transplant for alcoholic cirrhosis who refused to stop drinking, or someone who they did not believe would stick to their immunosuppression regimen after transplant for the rest of their life.

and yeah, even if this guy stuck to his immuno regimen, obviously that + unvaccinated is pretty much a death sentence when he gets covid

i thought there were just, like poo poo loads of kidneys

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gio posted:

the government could have paid people to take them and should have. but this 100% not an issue of “access.”

it can be both an individual failure as well as a governmental one.

sure it can be both but it’s not the best look to victim blame or put on the Privilege Hat and begin to postulate why those drat minorities haven’t got their free shots yet.

like yeah middle class white chuds should suffer but the scared illegal immigrants, african-americans who (rightfully) don’t trust the government, or minorities who don’t understand the shot is actually free because our messaging is poo poo - those people exist.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Fine, we reject ICU access if you are unvaccinated and white, that should be enough.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

cr0y posted:

Fine, we reject ICU access if you are unvaccinated and white, that should be enough.

stupid

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
There are systemic issues and we should address them but it's August and the vaccines have been available at every pharmacy in the country for months. Every adult that isn't vaxxed has made a decision not to get jabbed.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

College Rockout posted:

Uhh, your doctor isn't concerned about you doing this? I''m just a fitness hobbyist but that seems really high to be at for a whole workout. I was told that the rule of thumb for max safe heart rate was 220 minus your age so 180 for a 40yr old. And adding stimulants on top of that, ooph, i'm getting heart palpitations just thinking of that. This is the worst time to need emergency medical help.

Max HR has high population variability and 220 - age is an ok approximation at best. It's all meaningless without knowing their max HR from a test. High resting heart rate is much more meaningful as a health indicator than max HR.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Thoguh posted:

There are systemic issues and we should address them but it's August and the vaccines have been available at every pharmacy in the country for months. Every adult that isn't vaxxed has made a decision not to get jabbed.

Love my Just World!

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Thoguh posted:

if my job wasnt incredibly flexible with scheduling i would have been fired for being knocked out of commission from my 2nd shot for 3 or 4 days. very, very few people are lucky enough to be in that situation

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

you're an idiot clearly way more interested in seeing people you find distasteful punished rather than helping anybody. literally the worst kind of liberal

I find all people distasteful, doesn't mean they should be punished. Great read.

Educate me on why people can't get a jab when this thread is flooded with goons triple dosing.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

cr0y posted:

Fine, we reject ICU access if you are white, that should be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

I agree with you that it's the government's fault ultimately and that really, really sucks. I do think the news is wording it poorly intentionally in their headlines to piss people off though (and/or excite the brunch libs). The emergency triage is trying to make the best of a poo poo situation, they're supposed to allocate resources to the people most likely to survive, and that's the vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

It loving sucks and it's totally not fair, but they're not talking about denying unvaccinated access to resources that are idling otherwise.