Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1429466354399256588

And you will know us by the trail of chuds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Hard to tell if there is a wall of unsourced quotes or this thread has always been overrun by liberals (it has always been overrun by liberals)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Thoguh posted:

There are systemic issues and we should address them but it's August and the vaccines have been available at every pharmacy in the country for months. Every adult that isn't vaxxed has made a decision not to get jabbed.

they should've paid every adult $1000 if they got the shot.

95+%, guaranteed

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

There are systemic issues and we should address them but it's August and the vaccines have been available at every pharmacy in the country for months. Every adult that isn't vaxxed has made a decision not to get jabbed.

https://twitter.com/doeantlers/status/1418406722654281733

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bread Liar

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Hard to tell if there is a wall of unsourced quotes or this thread has always been overrun by liberals (it has always been overrun by liberals)

lol do you think you’re posting in the D&D thread? people here are afraid to step outside their apartments, while libs were happy to throw away their masks when poppa biden declared victory on the 4th

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The nearby Indian reservation is now paying $500 to its members to get vaccinated, including if they've already been vaccinated

Pretty much everyone I talk to about the jab who hasn't been vaccinated yet fall into one of two groups: 1. actively antivax 2. indifferent "I'll be fine I probably had covid already" types. I'm not personally encountering anyone who's all "oh no! I might have to pay $7500 for it! and I can't take off work!"

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Louisgod posted:

lol do you think you’re posting in the D&D thread? people here are afraid to step outside their apartments, while libs were happy to throw away their masks when poppa biden declared victory on the 4th

I dunno but this certainly became the thread of personal responsibility!

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

The nearby Indian reservation is now paying $500 to its members to get vaccinated, including if they've already been vaccinated

Pretty much everyone I talk to about the jab who hasn't been vaccinated yet fall into one of two groups: 1. actively antivax 2. indifferent "I'll be fine I probably had covid already" types. I'm not personally encountering anyone who's all "oh no! I might have to pay $7500 for it! and I can't take off work!"

ok so you dont know any poor people? thats all you gotta say

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

WrasslorMonkey posted:

e: my old dumb dog taken on my old dumb webcam decades ago

stay safe low res dog

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Louisgod posted:

the baloogan disease becoming prevalent in cspam is one of its more annoying traits

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

ok so you dont know any poor people? thats all you gotta say

I work in a restaurant. you are an absolute moron. stfu

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Wasn't there something written into one of the stimulus packages to help with this?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Forseti posted:

I agree with you that it's the government's fault ultimately and that really, really sucks. I do think the news is wording it poorly intentionally in their headlines to piss people off though (and/or excite the brunch libs). The emergency triage is trying to make the best of a poo poo situation, they're supposed to allocate resources to the people most likely to survive, and that's the vaccinated vs unvaccinated.

It loving sucks and it's totally not fair, but they're not talking about denying unvaccinated access to resources that are idling otherwise.

Isn't that the point? Black people are less likely to survive (because of prior bias in care) and therefore will receive less care in triage situations. On top of that, various medical biases against POC will deprive them even beyond what short-term utility would rationally require.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

What I saw in Phoenix was mass vaccination sites spread across the city running for months, 24 hours a day, with bussing available to them.

Really everyone should emulate the Navajo Nation.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/navajo-nation-vaccination-clinic-provides-free-gas/6210634/

https://nativenewsonline.net/currents/due-to-rise-in-covid-19-cases-the-navajo-nation-to-return-to-orange-status-restrictions

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2021-08-12/native-american-covid-19-vaccination

(A group that may have weariness working with the fed gov right?)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

telling a dude who's on food stamps that he doesn't know any poor people... cspam getting real twisted

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

You don't have to schedule an appointment or go during business hours though. That tweet is inventing imaginary barriers.

Like I'm not saying barriers don't exist or that it isn't harder for some people than others but the idea that anyone that decides they want to get vaxxed would be unable to do so within a fairly short period of time is a fantasy.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Losing employment due to taking unauthorized PTO/sick days (because the barely minimum wage job doesn't give actual PTO/sick days)? :thunk:

Oh come on, seriously? I want to meet one person wants to get vaccinated against the highly infectious respiratory plague but hasn’t been able to for months because they can’t find time to get vaccinated. In late-August of 2021.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The debate about triage seems like a non issue. They aren't going to deprioritize the unvaxed to punish them, but because they are less likely to survive.

If I have a vaxed patient and an unvaxed patient, but only one bed, and if the unvaxed have lower survival rates, then from the standpoint of saving the max number of lives you kick out the unvaxed patient. At that point WHY they are unvaxed doesn't matter.

Only on America is this going to turn into a morality play where everyone thinks the unvaxed are being punished. It makes me think of people who think taxes are punishment as opposed to just something that has to happen to keep the system rolling.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1337152050614984704?s=20

lol. lmao.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

PerniciousKnid posted:

Isn't that the point? Black people are less likely to survive (because of prior bias in care) and therefore will receive less care in triage situations. On top of that, various medical biases against POC will deprive them even beyond what short-term utility would rationally require.

Sure, I agree with that, I just don't know of a way to account for that in a triage situation on the ground is all. Absolutely our poo poo government and racist society should be held accountable and corrected somehow.

Utilitarianism sucks rear end a lot of the time, I just don't know how it could be addressed at the level of "what are the triage rules".

Someone who knows definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can miss out on an organ transplant because the disease you happened to have that caused you to need one is generally less survivable than a disease that someone else has that also needs that organ.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

You don't have to schedule an appointment or go during business hours though. That tweet is inventing imaginary barriers.

Like I'm not saying barriers don't exist or that it isn't harder for some people than others but the idea that anyone that decides they want to get vaxxed would be unable to do so within a fairly short period of time is a fantasy.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

I’ve posted it here approximately nine million times, but there’s an article from may of 2020 about a $$$$$$ suburb of Atlanta where people are outright saying “it isn’t affecting my demographics so I don’t care, openerup”

This has been a deliberate genocide of the poor and POC.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Any news on if any of the counties that closed schools are looking to go virtual? I am weighing my options on whether I'm homeschooling our under 12 year old until my county gets its head out of its rear end (lol) or what. I bought a load of kid sized kf-94s and masks are required, but they still have lunch in one gigantic room which is insane to me.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Thoguh posted:

That tweet is inventing imaginary barriers.

SKULL.GIF posted:

telling a dude who's on food stamps that he doesn't know any poor people... cspam getting real twisted

its like you guys have never seen a leftists circular firing squad

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This has been a deliberate genocide of the poor and POC.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
America loves triage. That's how we roll. gently caress preventative anything.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

i thought there were just, like poo poo loads of kidneys

lol what?

there are tons of people on the kidney wait list that are on dialysis, hoping they can get a kidney before they die (I think average survival time on dialysis is five years or so)

https://www.organdonor.gov/learn/organ-donation-statistics

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I've said it before but good drat are liberals loving bloodthirsty ghouls

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazypoops posted:

"Just let the poors die - nothing we can do - stop thinking about it, they did this to themselves - wear a sticker that says you acknowledge systemic racism to brunch" - D&D

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Shear Modulus posted:

quebec is already the texas of canada

Whoa now this is very wrong

We're like....either Pennsylvania or New York

Big chunk of good people in a metropolitan area
A big city or 2 that are borderline okay
Some cottage areas that aren't overrun with assholes
And giant swathes of rural desolation sparsely occupied by a variety of chuds

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Crazypoops posted:

except when a high profile chud gets covid. Then we aren't allowed to laugh.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

it's beautiful

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bread Liar

Wrex Ruckus posted:

except when a high profile chud gets covid. Then we aren't allowed to laugh.

please don’t laugh at this very funny thing posted a few posts above yours

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Crazypoops posted:

The lib consensus that “everyone who wants a vaccine got one, let the <losers, chuds, unclean> die off” is gonna hit a loving wall once the half of America that isn’t vaccinated brews up a hyperdeath variant the vaccines don’t cover.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

the baloogan disease becoming prevalent in cspam is one of its more annoying traits

sorry bud if you blame vaccination status on personal responsibility the liberal... is yuo.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The lib consensus that “everyone who wants a vaccine got one, let the <losers, chuds, unclean> die off” is gonna hit a loving wall once the half of America that isn’t vaccinated brews up a hyperdeath variant the vaccines don’t cover.

bad news

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

actionjackson posted:

lol what?

there are tons of people on the kidney wait list that are on dialysis, hoping they can get a kidney before they die (I think average survival time on dialysis is five years or so)

I’m the person who didn’t need a heart transplant but got one anyway (please no one correct my interpretation of this graph)

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

actionjackson posted:

lol what?

Look i'm cool with getting extra vaxes, but who the hell is getting extra hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

probably a big zelda fan