Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
my favourite speculation is that the reaosn the match was so short wads that Becky isnt ready to wrestle a full match

shes now the champion! your theory is predicated on that they decided to put their belt on a woman who cant wrestle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Renaissance Spam posted:

The plan was probably going to be a decent match between Sasha & Bianca (there was a lot of interest because they had a solid match at WM) and assuming Becky wasn't a full on Break Glass she was going to come out and challenge the winner.

The squash is theorized to be because Becky isn't in ring shape and couldn't go for the length needed, but that's not an excuse for that booking. They could have done a quick match between Bianca & Carmella (Or ANYONE ELSE ON THE loving ROSTER), bring out Becky and get folks hyped and excited, they could have done a triangle match so Carmella eats the pin, this was basically the worst possible choice they could have made.

I agree on all points I guess!

My decision to stop PVR recordings on Smackdown/Raw shining through here, I did have fun last night but it was 90% Live Thread Fun 10% watching-car-accident-in-slow-motion

I really want to read more about the stadium issues now though

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cerebral Bore posted:

Assuming that Becky is so out of shape that she can't even go for some five to ten minutes then why the gently caress would you put the belt on her in the first place? Are they gonna have an absentee champ until she can work a match again?

*gestures at half of the last WWE champions*

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Every time I see a clip from WWE it's still somehow shocking how they take a dump on all of your senses at once with their awful production

Cole shrieking like he's being chased down an alley and needs help, the rapid cuts, zooms and bad angles, the overall stupidity level of what's happening on screen

I'll never understand how people put up with it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

I'll never understand how people put up with it

they have bad brain

Lazy like a Fox
Jul 8, 2003

EKO SMASH!

Lid posted:

my favourite speculation is that the reaosn the match was so short wads that Becky isnt ready to wrestle a full match

shes now the champion! your theory is predicated on that they decided to put their belt on a woman who cant wrestle!

It could also be that they don't trust their talent enough to wrestle a match on the fly, and they didn't have enough time to fully script out the match like they seem to love doing, so they said "gently caress it" and just wrote the laziest thing they could come up with.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

The latter was on a PPV with plenty of time to spare, the former was on a one-hour show built entirely around one segment that clearly had to get as much time as it needed and everything else had to make room for it.

Assuming that Becky is so out of shape that she can't even go for some five to ten minutes then why the gently caress would you put the belt on her in the first place? Are they gonna have an absentee champ until she can work a match again?

Just the most panicked of panic booking right here.

putting the belt on someone who cannot wrestle makes essentially no difference to the bottom line of the division right now

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The thorg reptar fight was choreographed exactly like a Goldberg Lesnar match. The babies were Kevin Owens

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Lid posted:

Well that's certainly something the WWE would never do with their title belts

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lid posted:

she will, probably, be ready to wrestle the next time she's in a match. which will probably be the next PPV at minimum.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That DICK! posted:

thorg reptar

NXT changing up its naming scheme I see

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Oh Snapple! posted:

she will, probably, be ready to wrestle the next time she's in a match. which probably be the next PPV at minimum.

haha you think they're not going to drag her to Saudi Arabia

edit why did I think that wasn't a ppv and it was next month

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Just :lol:'ing at the fact that Vince is so clearly shook by Punk's signing with AEW and debuting there on Friday that he pressed all his panic buttons at once :laugh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dango Bango posted:

Was it just a coincidence that Carmella was wearing leopard print with teal last night? lol

What's the significance of leopard print with teal?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vandar posted:

What's the significance of leopard print with teal?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rofl. Amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I highly doubt Becky isn't in ring shape.

More likely is that since this was last minute, they didn't want to throw them out there to try and put a match together on the fly, even though Becky is someone who could do that. Just no trust in the talent since the match wouldn't have been rehearsed like they want.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I doubt she ever would, BUT if Carmella ever left WWE and signed with AEW, I wouldn't be horribly upset. There was a mixed tag she was in a while back where she got the win over Zelina Vega, and she looked like she'd improved a fair bit. Train her out of the WWE style and let her have a few matches with workers like Shida and Thunder Rosa and she'd probably get even better.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1429468318398763008

Doesn't at all refute that they knew about this in advance, certainly before SD, and did nothing

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If what Dave says is true and they knew Sasha wasn't going to get cleared 8 days ago, that's plenty of time to put a match together between Becky and Bianca.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Hector Delgado posted:

Did Alexa's doll blink or anything?

Not at all. Alexa got pissed off when the doll was disrespected, which actually makes sense so I imagine it was a booking error.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I doubt she ever would, BUT if Carmella ever left WWE and signed with AEW, I wouldn't be horribly upset. There was a mixed tag she was in a while back where she got the win over Zelina Vega, and she looked like she'd improved a fair bit. Train her out of the WWE style and let her have a few matches with workers like Shida and Thunder Rosa and she'd probably get even better.

Carmella has come a long way. She's pretty decent in the ring now, and with the WWE stink off of her I bet she'd be pretty good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Nobody’s even talking about the fact that they had Nakamura do his entrance and then just… leave. Didn’t have a match or anything.

Is Rick Boogs' guitar still out of tune?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

Personally I just hope that Brock took Vince to the cleaners.

lol same. they're going to end up firing more people to justify the brock salary and continue the cycle of devouring themselves until the roster is just brock, roman, and 13 non wrestlers they picked up from an open try out that they constantly cycle out so no one else ever makes more than $120k a year

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Pylons posted:

If what Dave says is true and they knew Sasha wasn't going to get cleared 8 days ago, that's plenty of time to put a match together between Becky and Bianca.

You don't even have to "put a match together," you just have to give Bianca a LITTLE offense. Just do this:

- They square up and Bianca says something cocky to Becky
- Becky smacks Bianca around for ~15 seconds, just punching her in the corner or whatever
- Bianca shoves Becky back and they brawl evenly like Owens/Zayn always do
- Becky misses a big punch and Bianca picks her up for a slam
- Becky counters into a DDT or some other impact move
- Becky follows it up with a finisher and wins

Like, that's not exactly inspired but I also wrote it out in a minute and I'm sure they wouldn't need to rehearse that. Do something that makes it clear that Bianca has functional limbs and is Very Strong, and make Becky hit her more than two times to win.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 22, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

They announced Sasha's absence literally only after Bianca's entrance, so I really have no idea what the gently caress their plan was.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Pylons posted:

Knowing WWE they convinced themselves Sasha could be cleared on the day so they kept refusing to admit defeat until SummerSlam actually started.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I want to see everything crash and burn, including Dominik turning on Rey a year later than he should've while Vince breaks another panic button and says "Eddie was a better father to me than you ever were!"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Even if they were somehow holding out hope that Sasha might get cleared an hour before the match started, however the gently caress that would happen, that doesn't mean they couldn't at some point that night before the match announce the match has been changed to Bianca vs Carmella. Do everything else the same way they did it if they really had to hotshot Becky back on top but like they showed the entire hype package again immediately before the match lol. Fortunately for them this bait and switch got quickly usurped by Becky making Bianca look like a chump so nobody had time to be mad about it I guess because nevermind that poo poo becky's back!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So had there been any word about Vegas being pissed at WWE for running past 8pm? Or is it just an "aww shucks" thing they're handwaving?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bianca isn't comparable to Kofi.

It's much, much, much, much, much worse.

Kofi was like pushing and had been a midcarder for 10 years and his run post-Mania kinda wasn't even that good. Was the way they punted him back to the tag division as blatantly as possible and didn't even let him be a guy who could still contend for the title insulting? Yes. But Kofi is a guy who has his ceiling. He doesn't matter for business.

Bianca was the closest thing this company had to a young babyface star in the last 10 years. And they've been slowly killing her since WrestleMania and they just shoved the knife between not only her shoulders, but Becky's too. I know it doesn't matter, but they basically just killed two of their top five stars at once and that should be devastating from a business perspective.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

That DICK! posted:

Gorg hungry! Gorg want EAT!

Halt! I am Lesnar! Halt, I am Lesnar!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MJeff posted:

Bianca was the closest thing this company had to a young babyface star in the last 10 years. And they've been slowly killing her since WrestleMania and they just shoved the knife between not only her shoulders, but Becky's too. I know it doesn't matter, but they basically just killed two of their top five stars at once and that should be devastating from a business perspective.

Yeah, this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I appreciate the fact that wwe always makes sure they design every decision around not getting anyone involved over

Their commitment to shooting themselves in both feet before the race starts is impressive

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The next time Carmella wrestles on TV she should wear gear that says "I <3 TK" on it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Raeg posted:

Gentlemen behold, a championship squash!

I don't know about that, it didn't go anywhere last time

THIS TIME....

WILL BE DIFFERENT

IT'S NOT DIFFERENT AT ALL, IS IT, MARKS?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Raeg posted:

Gentlemen behold, a championship squash!

I don't know about that, it didn't go anywhere last time

THIS TIME....

WILL BE DIFFERENT

sticklefifer posted:

IT'S NOT DIFFERENT AT ALL, IS IT, MARKS?

Now I'm picturing Johnny Ace and Bruce Prichard as The Mooninites, smashing up HHH's beloved NXT and corrupting Vince like he was Meatwad.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Nikki ASH was a transitional champion from Charlotte Flair to Charlotte Flair.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gorg, who lives in a cave and has saved $1 million a year for the past 20 years, was an outlier and should not have been counted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:stare: