Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
My 6 year old Toro mower is finally about to fall apart, so I moved onto something new and flashy. Also, ouch my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

couldcareless posted:

My 6 year old Toro mower is finally about to fall apart, so I moved onto something new and flashy. Also, ouch my wallet.

I love mine. You'll have no regrets.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

couldcareless posted:

I have the push model that's a couple years older than that one, and yeah it's great. Super quiet, too - the first time I mowed early in the morning my wife woke up wondering where the hell I had gotten to because I wasn't in the house but that sound outside must have been the neighbor mowing a couple houses down, not in the backyard.

I was literally going back and forth past the bedroom window.

I bought it to not have to gently caress with a gas motor anymore, but that's been a great side benefit.

Lemniscate Blue has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Aug 21, 2021

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Ziv Zulander posted:

I dress like a douchebag, now I dress even more like a douchebag

I think I saw this one in the window at Dan Flashes. It was like $1000.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Don't besmirsch the good name of Flashes with that entirely too simple design

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

It's like someone somehow managed to print the Saved By The Bell opening credits onto clothing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

couldcareless posted:

What's the battery life on this?

I have an old battery mover that can only get the front lawn before needing a charge.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ziv Zulander posted:

When you wake up in the morning just in time to watch the bus fly by

E fb

Night Danger Moose posted:

It's like someone somehow managed to print the Saved By The Bell opening credits onto clothing.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Inzombiac posted:

I have an old battery mover that can only get the front lawn before needing a charge.

They claim 65 minutes I think. I did a test run where I cut just my backyard (it's hot af right now and had no desire to do everything). It still reported 100% charge on the battery afterwards. I have been using their string trimmer for a year now as well and the battery on that thing is beefy and has never died on me even if I'm being super generous with how much I'm tearing up with it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Night Danger Moose posted:

I was going to say it reminds me of a bowling alley or carcase carpet, and was going to ask if it glows under black light for Rock N Bowling.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I'm a sucker for these faux-German, actually-Japanese notebooks and got a couple more:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Trabant posted:

I'm a sucker for these faux-German, actually-Japanese notebooks and got a couple more:

oh hi :wink:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

Uh oh, that thing I ordered that I didn't really need just arrived.

Oh wow nice uniform.

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012
Since school holidays are coming and we’re in lockdown.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just some winter tires for the MINI. Gotta stay safe in PA where winter is always just around the corner.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are those holes to put studs in or something?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Those are speed holes.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ziv Zulander posted:

Did you go to Dan Flash's for these, the patterns seem pretty complicated

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
All I can see is

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Ordered a poster of the album art from More Adventurous by Rilo Kiley.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

skooma512 posted:

Ordered a poster of the album art from More Adventurous by Rilo Kiley.

Hell yeah great band great album.

Execution of all Things is in my top 5 records of all time I think.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Bought an Australian Board Game, Psycho Killer along with the Bloody Mary Expansion. Now to play the international shipping waiting game...

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Rolo posted:

Hell yeah great band great album.

Execution of all Things is in my top 5 records of all time I think.

:same:

Would have gotten a poster of that instead/as well, but it's such a poignant depiction of aging, it wouldn't be the right vibe.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Are those holes to put studs in or something?

Yeah, but I definitely won’t be doing that. Just the grippy soft rubber will be enough for PA winter.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

johnnyratbastard posted:

Since school holidays are coming and we’re in lockdown.

That's cool as hell. I did the Jeep Rubicon a few weeks ago and it was a lot of fun to build.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Yeah, but I definitely won’t be doing that. Just the grippy soft rubber will be enough for PA winter.

Weird, never seen that before, usually they got studs here or they where designed without the holes. Only time I've seen that is when someone converted a studded winter tyre to a cheapo summer tire.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I bought some cameras

3 are working, 1 is for fixing up (or parts). Very excited to put some film through!

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Megabound posted:

I bought some cameras

3 are working, 1 is for fixing up (or parts). Very excited to put some film through!

Lol. Those medium format rangefinders alwas look relatively normal until you put them next to a regular sized camera.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Megabound posted:

I bought some cameras

Are you in my basement rn? (I've got a Texas Leica and matching silver and black XD-11s)

Excellent stable!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Bud posted:

Are you in my basement rn? (I've got a Texas Leica and matching silver and black XD-11s)

Excellent stable!

The XD series are the best 35mm camera made IMO but I'm super pumped at having a X-500 again, was my first film camera.

Pondex posted:

Lol. Those medium format rangefinders alwas look relatively normal until you put them next to a regular sized camera.

They look extra ridiculous next to half frames

Megabound has a new favorite as of 10:28 on Aug 25, 2021

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

These days men's fashion is all about the leggings. Full beard and leggings, that's all you see guys wear. But I'm planning for the future. In five years you'll see everybody dressed up like this.

You see a guy like me coming down the street, you don't mess with him

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Megabound posted:

I bought some cameras

gently caress yeah I've wanted a 6x9 for a while.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ziv Zulander posted:

These days men's fashion is all about the leggings. Full beard and leggings, that's all you see guys wear. But I'm planning for the future. In five years you'll see everybody dressed up like this.

You see a guy like me coming down the street, you don't mess with him

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

I just manage this by buying poo poo like this schmancy deck of cards:

In other favorite recent purchases, a digital switch game!

I feel like I finally have an answer to "What if Untitled Goose Game, but Portal?"

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

OSU_Matthew posted:

In other favorite recent purchases, a digital switch game!

I feel like I finally have an answer to "What if Untitled Goose Game, but Portal?"

Heck yeah. Multiplayer is fun too.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just a little Blaupunkt sub/amp combo for the back of the MINI. The previous owner had left all the wiring but took his sub when I bought the car. The head unit and speakers are upgraded but there was a noticeable lack of bass that made the sound unbalanced and tinny.

This thing is decent for a $100 8” sub. At a minimum, It fills in the low range void in the sound.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Inzombiac posted:

Depends on the time of year and how much the grass has grown since the last cut. In the spring and early summer I get noticeably less run time out of a full charge than later in the summer/fall when the grass dries out a bit and stops growing almost fast enough to watch.

Generally I can mow about a third to a half of my slightly less than an acre (minus a 1200 sqft house & detached two car garage) lot on a single charge of the 5.0 AH battery that came with my non-self propelled model.

On the upside there are finally third-party replacement batteries on the market that are substantially cheaper than the OEM batteries.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It was my 40th birthday this week, so this is my present to myself.

gently caress I'm old.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

It was my 40th birthday this week, so this is my present to myself.

gently caress I'm old.
I mean it’s a reasonably affordable bottle that tastes great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I bought a bunch of car stereo poo poo...

Cables and terminals to do the "Big 3" upgrade. That's running larger, higher quality cable from the battery to the alternator and chassis as well as the ground from engine block to chassis. Basically makes the alternators job easier.

A nice 180 amp alternator...

And finally some new speakers :clint:

Have you put these in yet? If you haven't done the door speakers I can't recommend slapping some sound deadening with foam built in on the door panel to seal the holes. I did on my Element and it made the door speakers sound *chefs kiss*. I used this: https://www.amazon.com/SoundSkins-P...tomotive&sr=1-3

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

It's definitely not all junk. I got an electric impact gun there years ago that I only expected to last for one job. About a thousand lugnuts later and it's still clacking along just fine. That knife is a total piece of poo poo though. Impulse/nostalgia buy for sure. Those "survival" knives were everywhere when I was a kid.

It was worth the :10bux: for inspiring me to do this goofy poo poo...

I'm scared Poncho.

This is loving epic. Thank you for this.