Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
if the democrats cared about their base, they'd mandate vaccinations. apparently, they do not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Do not wear masks!

Mr president?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

etalian posted:

There's something hilarious about blue and red maga throwing super spread events on the same day with their fav washed out iconic celebs.

And getting shut down during uber-boomer Barry Manilow's set. Truly God's Hand at work.

I try not to think in terms of "good music" and "bad music". I prefer "music I like" vs "music that doesn't speak to me". I'll make an exception for Barry Manilow though.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirello posted:

lol dunno if anyone cares but I have the real answer since I'm an American living in china with a chinese wife. Her parents aren't vaccinated and there's no effect. the app that you scan to go into shops only checks if you've been in close contact with another case. since china has like 30 active cases, very low chance of that proccing. I'm pretty shocked too that they dont force anyone, but they don't really need to. Chinese trust the govt and just want it to be over. Her parents dont wanna get the vaccine because they're cranks and lazy. I mean it basically is over in china. the govt also just crushed a countrywide outbreak in ,like a couple of weeks. Covid 0 is great. I feel bad for all the americans. then again I just talked to one of my friends and he's going to weddings and partying so I guess noone in america gives a poo poo any more.

America pushed contact-tracing updates to all iOS and Android phones last year and had masks ready to be shipped to everyone in America, but they made every state build its own contact-tracing app (and most never did or took too long for it to be effective) and Jared vetoed the mask mailing

We stared success in the face then said "nah"

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

SchrodingersCat posted:

I had to put so many COVID patients on nectar- and honey-thick liquid before I left work and they would all eventually end up NPO. Their lungs were so hosed they couldn't coordinate breathing and swallowing and they would aspirate.

This was after recovering from COVID.

In the 10 years of practice prior to June 2020 I only had 1 or 2 patients where the primary etiology for dysphagia was poor respiratory status. I probably had 30 from June 2020 to December 2020.

The loving amount of puree food that had to become blenderized and even then there was the fear of aspiration....
Applebees going to start serving appy hour blenderized for people is what I am saying.
Why choose from five different meals when we can blenderize them all for you???

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

PerniciousKnid posted:

Have PCP's started administering the vaccine?

I think they can starting on Monday when Pfizer gets greenlit by the FDA. Can also give them to kids under 12. I also might have misread this though.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1428829270722453504?s=20

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

so, my housemate just popped positive.

Do I have to worry about getting re-infected right after recovering from my own sickness (*in all likelihood I gave it to her)?

Am I still super spreading the thing? CDC said I'm cleared to work (10 days after test, no fever/bad symptoms).

Are my titters big enough? Do I need to quarantine because I'm now exposed to an active case (*there is no way my work would allow this unless I had a black and white CDC backing or w/e)

Covid kicks rear end.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Funny when dead due to being unvaxxed: CHUDs, Liberals, any adult American

Not Funny when dead due to being unvaxxed: children

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

gradenko_2000 posted:

You can't do things like ride a train or a bus or enter certain stores or offices because your rfid tag thing is going to say so, afaik

I bet that's drat effective.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I have a degree in community management (yeah yeah, yuk it up)

mine says "community action and social change"

lol. lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AppleNippleBOB posted:

so, my housemate just popped positive.

Do I have to worry about getting re-infected right after recovering from my own sickness (*in all likelihood I gave it to her)?

Am I still super spreading the thing? CDC said I'm cleared to work (10 days after test, no fever/bad symptoms).

Are my titters big enough? Do I need to quarantine because I'm now exposed to an active case (*there is no way my work would allow this unless I had a black and white CDC backing or w/e)

Covid kicks rear end.

Most likely you will not get re-infected this soon. It is an infinitesimal small chance. So congrats on the reinfection

You shouldn't be, but you could be!

Double dd titters

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

inferis posted:

because I’m not a loving class traitor

america is class-free, its called freedom

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
a child comes up to me and coughs looks up at me and says MAGA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Saucer Hovers posted:

mine says "community action and social change"

lol. lmao

barack obama rear end degree

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Judakel posted:

a child comes up to me and coughs looks up at me and says MAGA

God bless em for doing the lord's work.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Boosters every year for whatever strain is currently spreading

It's the flu now, welcome to endemic disease

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Will delta be the wave that claims a goon's life?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

America pushed contact-tracing updates to all iOS and Android phones last year and had masks ready to be shipped to everyone in America, but they made every state build its own contact-tracing app (and most never did or took too long for it to be effective) and Jared vetoed the mask mailing

We stared success in the face then said "nah"

The sign of how deep the rot is, is that this crisis could have been resolved with the two things that the US has generally been successful at in the last century:
1) Internally-targeted propaganda and carceral punishment for the non-compliant
2) Mass manufacturing

Manufacture a trillion masks, propagandize everyone to wear them, punish anyone who disagrees. We didn't need vaccines, more doctors, advanced therapies, whatever. We just needed a diaper on every face.

America hasn't resolved a crisis since the civil war that wasn't amenable to being solved with those two things but now even those two things are broken.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

skewetoo posted:

I hope nodelphi is doing well omg :ohdear:

me too :(

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
did they ever try giving out vaccines at the strip club

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr Hootington posted:

Double dd titters

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

did they ever try giving out vaccines at the strip club

I think somewhere in Vegas they did

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1429500892198445064?s=20

lol gravedancing

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

anecdotal of course but I know lots of white and black people and I don't know a single black person who is the slightest bit vaccine hesitant and they all have the vaccine(I know because they all have those little facebook profile picture things saying so). Meanwhile there is more than one white person on my friends list who is currently sick with covid and one of them is taking ivermectin and they are all unvaccinated.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

LMFAO we're just getting started

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

going to work everyday wearing a bulletproof vest and lmaoing every time i hear about a mass shooting because they all knew the risks

bulletproof vests work, gently caress around and find out

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

(Pennsylvania) What's the best story/method to get the 3rd shot if I don't currently qualify?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

congrats on the reinfection

throat has been itchy again these past few days!

hyped! appreciate the congrats!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

skewetoo posted:

Listen you're bad for pointing out that liberals are getting tens of thousands of people killed as we speak and also bad for laughing at chuds who got themselves killed personally

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SirPablo posted:

The vaccine has been widely available for months. Gov has done all sorts of incentives to get people jabbed. If anyone hasn't by now that choice is completely on them, not some systemic failure. But keep posting.

children exist, nate

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

empty whippet box posted:

anecdotal of course but I know lots of white and black people and I don't know a single black person who is the slightest bit vaccine hesitant and they all have the vaccine(I know because they all have those little facebook profile picture things saying so). Meanwhile there is more than one white person on my friends list who is currently sick with covid and one of them is taking ivermectin and they are all unvaccinated.

anecdotally i saw a straggler or two but they noticed very quickly that white people were driving in over an hour to steal their vax (there was a system to reserve slots for PoC/underserved/non-english speaking/etc)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

Any kind of rural population wouldn't have access to this

i went to town in tennessee for example that still had like "Steves Pharmacy" as the only place, no walgreens or anything, that would have needed to drive an hour to get the jab

I drive an hour to work, what's their excuse? Bing bong

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

we're paying respects to rush limbaughs sobriety by dancing on their graves

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skewetoo posted:

If anti-vaxers are denying COVID exists on their deathbed NOW, they're not going to change when it mutates to something even more deadly

We need re-education camps, but you can't exactly do that safely during a pandemic

Maybe do it like a Defensive Driving course where you have to sit through 6 hours of online material and answer quizzes in order to keep your health insurance. Or you can skip the course entirely by getting vaccinated and showing proof.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

empty whippet box posted:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Oldest Man posted:

Listen you're bad for pointing out that liberals are getting tens of thousands of people killed as we speak and also bad for laughing at chuds who got themselves killed personally

wow so this is what being a class traitor is

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

When trying to find empathy for chuds, remember that they were ready to gun down "caravans" at the border and put together posses to apprehend people who made it over the border

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Vaccination rates seem to go up when communities get ravaged by COVID though so maybe once delta has burned through everywhere it actually will just be the antivaxx chuds left over