Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Also, lest we forget, this is a power soft-top from 2008. So factor in an entire other world of maintenance costs and things to potentially break, places to leak water, electrical gubbins to fail, motors to burn out, fabric to replace, rubber bushings and seals to perish, and so on.

You got another $4K in savings sitting around to deal with that?

Uncle Lizard posted:

$4k is a tight budget for a beater car now? I don't need the car either, so I could easily just not get any car and be in the same situation I am right now. I'm just trying to gather information about this year and model of car from people's personal knowledge and experiences if they have them.

$4k is a tight budget when the person proposing it expresses an unwillingness to go above it multiple times, yes.

When I hear “I’m not spending any more than x” and x is the sticker price of the car you’re looking at, I call that a tight budget.

Uncle Lizard posted:

It's not a reason to buy a VW/Audi, it's the cases against getting a Honda. For reference, the car I'm looking at would be around $9k at a dealer near me, but a Honda Accord of the same year and mileage would be $13k. I also see multiple spots in town where tweakers are just posted up on the side of the road with 5 Hondas wrenching on them and parting them out. A friend of mine had his Honda stolen about once a month by the same person for almost a year until dude when to prison for something else. Plus, I just don't care for Hondas, which is why I'm not asking about Hondas in the Honda thread. I'm good.

Yeah, please don’t ever get a Honda. Soichiro’s legacy is too good for you.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
So what I am getting from this is a $4k car will have more maintenance issues than a $10k car, which is obvious, and the $6k I didn't spend up front I will eventually spend on maintenance costs. That tracks so far.

Here's where the disconnect is happening. I'm not going to have to drop $6k all at once right now on top of the $4k, and barring the engine or transmission exploding, anything that comes up shouldn't be $6k to fix all up front. What is the difference in maintenance costs on the $4k car now and the $10k car once it has depreciated into a $4k car? Wouldn't the maintenance costs be the same, except I paid more for the $10k car up front to put off paying the maintenance costs until later, but once it is depreciated to a $4k car it will be in the same situation that the $4k car is now?

Of course I would get this car inspected at my mechanic if I were to pursue this car to that point, so engine and transmission explosions should be avoided.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Uthor posted:

Hello, are you me? My 07 was fine until about 100k. After that, it started burning a lot of oil and I started having electrical gremlins (passenger door wouldn't lock, keyfob stopped working, etc) and the headliner fell down at around 130k. Paid about $800 for the timing belt in Central IL. CV boots were torn, too! (I still have the axles that I bought but never installed, if anyone has need...) wrecked it around 135k.

I guess the biggest issue was the A/C went out under warranty and then again 3 years later and I didn't fix it the second time.

Dang sounds like you had a bit worse luck overall :(. My CV boots were around 60k I want to say, fairly early on.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Uncle Lizard posted:

So what I am getting from this is a $4k car will have more maintenance issues than a $10k car, which is obvious, and the $6k I didn't spend up front I will eventually spend on maintenance costs. That tracks so far.

Here's where the disconnect is happening. I'm not going to have to drop $6k all at once right now on top of the $4k, and barring the engine or transmission exploding, anything that comes up shouldn't be $6k to fix all up front. What is the difference in maintenance costs on the $4k car now and the $10k car once it has depreciated into a $4k car? Wouldn't the maintenance costs be the same, except I paid more for the $10k car up front to put off paying the maintenance costs until later, but once it is depreciated to a $4k car it will be in the same situation that the $4k car is now?

Of course I would get this car inspected at my mechanic if I were to pursue this car to that point, so engine and transmission explosions should be avoided.

the heart wants what it wants

vaya con Dios, compadre

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

MunchE posted:

People keep telling you this $4k car will likely cost you $10k after broken poo poo and be older and shittier than a car you buy for $10k and you say you can't afford $10k, which is why people are saying your budget is tight.

Being able to budget for ongoing maintenance, like he does currently with a 40 year old VW is different than having that all up front though. Which is something people seem to have a hard time understanding. I went through similar in the BMW thread talking about buying my dumb manual wagon too. And it’s not like you can just stop paying to maintain your current car if you still need it to like, get around, to save that ongoing maintenance budget to put into a larger initial outlay for a ‘better’ car. I mean unless you can just buy a cheap motorcycle or something and just stop fixing your car I guess.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Ok Comboomer posted:

Also, lest we forget, this is a power soft-top from 2008. So factor in an entire other world of maintenance costs and things to potentially break, places to leak water, electrical gubbins to fail, motors to burn out, fabric to replace, rubber bushings and seals to perish, and so on.

You got another $4K in savings sitting around to deal with that?

$4k is a tight budget when the person proposing it expresses an unwillingness to go above it multiple times, yes.

When I hear “I’m not spending any more than x” and x is the sticker price of the car you’re looking at, I call that a tight budget.

Yeah, please don’t ever get a Honda. Soichiro’s legacy is too good for you.

Uhhh I thought he said avant, which is a wagon, not a softtop.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

TheBacon posted:

Dang sounds like you had a bit worse luck overall :(. My CV boots were around 60k I want to say, fairly early on.

Honestly, I probably spent more fixing wheels and tires from hitting potholes and curbs than I did on other maintenance outside of oil changes. But I also lived with a bunch of "quality of life" problems that didn't affect reliability.

I miss the car!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

TheBacon posted:

Uhhh I thought he said avant, which is a wagon, not a softtop.

You’re completely right, my mistake.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Ok Comboomer posted:

the heart wants what it wants

vaya con Dios, compadre

I'm just trying to comprehend this correctly and you aren't adding anything of value at this point. All cars need maintenance, all of them. Even if it is just oil and filter changes. Even in a vacuum, if I had to pay zero maintenance costs on a $10k car until it depreciated into a $4k car, and then I had to start paying for the same maintenance at that point that I would have to do on the $4k car now, I still paid $6k more overall, and I had to pay that $6k up front. Is my thinking not correct, or are you being so protective of my wallet that you aren't giving me any credit for knowing that there will be VW/Audi maintenance to be had in my future?

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I like the Audi wagons a lot, have a mechanic look at it and if all is good, have fun. Some person who lives by me has an A4 convertible in silver with a red top and a 3.0l engine. It's probably older than that Avant and I would love to have that car.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Don't come back to the thread until you've inquired more about the car (maintenance, trans, etc.) because this is just silly at this point. If it's what you want then fuckin' buy it afterwards. Nobody is going to convince you not to at this point so why bother asking anymore?

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Suburban Dad posted:

Don't come back to the thread until you've inquired more about the car (maintenance, trans, etc.) because this is just silly at this point. If it's what you want then fuckin' buy it afterwards. Nobody is going to convince you not to at this point so why bother asking anymore?

Can back to say I think I found the issue with my tail lights to find Suburban Dad is now the self appointed gatekeeper for the thread. You can go gently caress yourself up on your high horse.

I don't understand why some people continue to refuse to provide any details that I am looking for, and simply assume I am blindly diving into something with my mind already made up without any knowledge of the situation at all. I am simply gathering information at this point so that if they're is a decision to make in the future, it can be an educated one, so to those of you that have actually provided information and substance, I thank you.

I think the reason my tail lights are not working at the moment is because at some point part of my headlight switch melted slightly, so hopefully replacing it will solve the issue. I had a spare headlight switch, but unfortunately, it is part number 191941531K, and I need a 191941531A. They look exactly the same except the K model has three extra tabs on the back for a different plug, and they prevent my from plugging it in at all. No auto parts store have one in stock, and ordering one online won't get it here until a week from Monday at the earliest. I'll give the VW shop a call on Monday to see what they have and go from there. If the switch doesn't fix the issue, I may just completely rewire everything having to do with all of the lights on the whole car with new wire, but I really don't want to do that right now without another car to drive in case it takes more than a weekend.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Uncle Lizard posted:

Can back to say I think I found the issue with my tail lights to find Suburban Dad is now the self appointed gatekeeper for the thread. You can go gently caress yourself up on your high horse.

I don't understand why some people continue to refuse to provide any details that I am looking for, and simply assume I am blindly diving into something with my mind already made up without any knowledge of the situation at all. I am simply gathering information at this point so that if they're is a decision to make in the future, it can be an educated one, so to those of you that have actually provided information and substance, I thank you.

:lol: go gather some actual information about the car in question yourself. Call about it or look at it, that may be enough to be a deal breaker in the first place. You obviously still haven't done this and would rather :justpost: and go in circles. People have given their experience and knowledge, google it if you want more detailed info. I think you've gotten about as far as you'll get here with answers and model specific forums may be a better route.

Nope, probably not my place to regulate the thread and I'm not a mod (thankfully) but goddamn it's tiring reading somebody repeating the same poo poo over and over again instead of looking for a better way to get the answers they're looking for. Nobody is gonna do it for you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Lizard posted:

I don't understand

Buy a Honda :dukedog:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
if you have 4 grand for a vw product then spend about 2 on a car and then stick the other 2 in a savings account, download the repair manuals and start reading now

I have been driving an ever more beaten up and home repaired a4 for near on a decade that I love but lol you are going on an adventure if you are buying that era

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

After doing extensive and painstaking research, I'm ready to help you with your inquiries about the car you so desperately want detailed information about. You can find the compilation here.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Uncle Lizard posted:

I think the reason my tail lights are not working at the moment is because at some point part of my headlight switch melted slightly, so hopefully replacing it will solve the issue. I had a spare headlight switch, but unfortunately, it is part number 191941531K, and I need a 191941531A. They look exactly the same except the K model has three extra tabs on the back for a different plug, and they prevent my from plugging it in at all. No auto parts store have one in stock, and ordering one online won't get it here until a week from Monday at the earliest. I'll give the VW shop a call on Monday to see what they have and go from there. If the switch doesn't fix the issue, I may just completely rewire everything having to do with all of the lights on the whole car with new wire, but I really don't want to do that right now without another car to drive in case it takes more than a weekend.

Dude, people here don’t know your very specific technical requests, or it’s not that simple, or they would have told you. The general consensus that you have been told and are ignoring is that it’s probably a bad idea to buy that car with the information you’ve provided.

Go to the audizine forums

https://www.audizine.com/forums/

Or audiworld

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/

Look up the specific forum for that model and year car and read the post histories.

Edit: also some of the VW forums have Audi sub-communities

Murgos fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 22, 2021

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
My just-purchased 2010 sportwagen stranded me in Fort Wayne, Indiana last night. Fun poo poo.

I was one key twist and 250 miles away from being in my driveway, where I'd be able to tear it apart on my own dime. So I'm just gonna mentally add the $950 the shop quoted to install a new ignition cylinder & housing, $130 for the tow, $100 for the hotel and $90 for what will be a round-trip bus ticket between Chicago and Fort Wayne to what I've already paid. :homebrew: Ends up being a $5.5k car that I'll likely keep 10 years so I'm not weeping, but still loving sucks.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

NoWake posted:

My just-purchased 2010 sportwagen stranded me in Fort Wayne, Indiana last night. Fun poo poo.

I was one key twist and 250 miles away from being in my driveway, where I'd be able to tear it apart on my own dime. So I'm just gonna mentally add the $950 the shop quoted to install a new ignition cylinder & housing, $130 for the tow, $100 for the hotel and $90 for what will be a round-trip bus ticket between Chicago and Fort Wayne to what I've already paid. :homebrew: Ends up being a $5.5k car that I'll likely keep 10 years so I'm not weeping, but still loving sucks.

oh hey look it’s Uncle Lizard maybe

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Murgos posted:

Dude, people here don’t know your very specific technical requests, or it’s not that simple, or they would have told you. The general consensus that you have been told and are ignoring is that it’s probably a bad idea to buy that car with the information you’ve provided.

Go to the audizine forums

https://www.audizine.com/forums/

Or audiworld

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/

Look up the specific forum for that model and year car and read the post histories.

Edit: also some of the VW forums have Audi sub-communities

The people that have answered I thanked them. I'm done asking this thread about this car because I have gotten all the information I am going to get here, and it was fast less than I was hoping. There are simply a select few that are using this opportunity to be loving assholes is all, especially Suburban Dad trying to tell me when and what I can post in the thread. They can get hosed. Then there's the people telling me to buy a Honda. If that is what I wanted I would have bought a Honda a long time ago, and I wouldn't be asking about all Audi in a VW/Audi thread. I ask about what to look out for when buying a 13 year old Audi, and I get told to triple my budget and buy a Honda. Thanks for the help.

Here is the most constructive and on-point view of the situation anyone has had the entire time:

TheBacon posted:

Being able to budget for ongoing maintenance, like he does currently with a 40 year old VW is different than having that all up front though. Which is something people seem to have a hard time understanding . . . it’s not like you can just stop paying to maintain your current car if you still need it to like, get around, to save that ongoing maintenance budget to put into a larger initial outlay for a ‘better’ car. I mean unless you can just buy a cheap motorcycle or something and just stop fixing your car I guess.

That being said, thank you for the links to AudiZine and AudiWorld Murgos. I have read a handful of threads on AudiZine about this car and it's issues.

The running theme I found is that it has the same issues as any other Audi or VW from 1999 to 2016, so carbon build up, oil consumption, pcv valve, cam follower, oil leaks from camshaft chain tensioner and valve cover, coil packs and plug wires (always carry spares), high pressure fuel pump, and hydraulic fluid leak and motor failure on the convertible top motor on the Cabrios, which is not relevant to my situation. If I didn't list something then let me know, but this is just the list of issues for any used turbo VW/Audi I thought.

I wanted to know if the car I saw was worse than average, for VW/Audi, but that was never determined by this threads consensus because I guess this has turned into a Honda fan club now. I'll just stick with Google for my answers from now on.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

So I guess you're not getting the car?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Uncle Lizard posted:

The people that have answered I thanked them. I'm done asking this thread about this car because I have gotten all the information I am going to get here, and it was fast less than I was hoping. There are simply a select few that are using this opportunity to be loving assholes is all, especially Suburban Dad trying to tell me when and what I can post in the thread. They can get hosed. Then there's the people telling me to buy a Honda. If that is what I wanted I would have bought a Honda a long time ago, and I wouldn't be asking about all Audi in a VW/Audi thread. I ask about what to look out for when buying a 13 year old Audi, and I get told to triple my budget and buy a Honda. Thanks for the help.

Here is the most constructive and on-point view of the situation anyone has had the entire time:

That being said, thank you for the links to AudiZine and AudiWorld Murgos. I have read a handful of threads on AudiZine about this car and it's issues.

The running theme I found is that it has the same issues as any other Audi or VW from 1999 to 2016, so carbon build up, oil consumption, pcv valve, cam follower, oil leaks from camshaft chain tensioner and valve cover, coil packs and plug wires (always carry spares), high pressure fuel pump, and hydraulic fluid leak and motor failure on the convertible top motor on the Cabrios, which is not relevant to my situation. If I didn't list something then let me know, but this is just the list of issues for any used turbo VW/Audi I thought.

I wanted to know if the car I saw was worse than average, for VW/Audi, but that was never determined by this threads consensus because I guess this has turned into a Honda fan club now. I'll just stick with Google for my answers from now on.

You’re such a chud. You don’t insult and complain about a thread and who’s posting. You thank people generously for spending their time to educate you or answer to the best of their ability, then you go find other resources.

I hope your $4k car leaks oil and leaves a big stain where you park.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

smooth jazz posted:

So I guess you're not getting the car?

I researched the VIN number and I am going to call my mechanic to see what they would charge for a timing belt job if it is needed, how much for a buyers inspection, and what their calendar looks like. PCV valve I can do myself if necessary, so that should not be an issue is it comes up. Once I have the cost for these things and a time frame for a buyers inspection, I will contact the owners to see about looking at it more in depth (when the timing belt was done last, service records, test drive, etc), see how flexible they are on price, and go from there. We'll see.

Nitr0 posted:

You’re such a chud. You don’t insult and complain about a thread and who’s posting. You thank people generously for spending their time to educate you or answer to the best of their ability, then you go find other resources.

I hope your $4k car leaks oil and leaves a big stain where you park.

You want to call me a chud? You can be added to the list of people that can go gently caress themselves. You must have some sort of learning disability because your reading comprehension had failed you. If you go back and re-read my posts, slowly, you will see the people giving valuable information were thanked, and I greatly appreciate their contribution. Just to reiterate this because you missed it the first three times, thank you everyone that has pointed me towards resources, given your experiences with similar year/model vehicle, and given valuable advice on what to look out for when purchasing a German car of this age. Your input is appreciated.

The others that posted just used it as a chance to be assholes with the thin guise of advice, like get a Honda. If "get a Honda" is considered spending time to attempt to educate me and answer my inquiry to the best of their ability for some people, maybe they shouldn't be posting. Now you wish ill of me or a car I may or may not even buy after insulting me because some people don't want to provide relevant information and you have reading comprehension issues? Why don't you go drink a gallon of bleach or whatever you have under the kitchen sink fuckboy.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Uncle Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 22, 2021

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Uncle Lizard posted:

The others that posted just used it as a chance to be assholes with the thin guise of advice, like get a Honda. If "get a Honda" is considered spending time to attempt to educate me and answer my inquiry to the best of their ability for some people, maybe they shouldn't be posting. Now you wish ill of me or a car I may or may not even buy after insulting me because some people don't want to provide relevant information and you have reading comprehension issues? Why don't you go drink a gallon of bleach or whatever you have under the kitchen sink fuckboy.

nice meltdown

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

So me responding to this,

Nitr0 posted:

You’re such a chud . . . I hope your $4k car leaks oil and leaves a big stain where you park.

while also thanking the people who actually did contribute, again, was a meltdown? You must have been in the same reading class as Nitr0, or you are purposefully missing the point because you want to have your turn to slap fight on the internet. You conveniently ignored most of my post, which is par for the course unfortunately.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Buy the car op

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Lol what is going on here

Get the cheap a4 dude it’ll be a good time

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
The gently caress is going on in here??

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Uncle Lizard posted:

I researched the VIN number and I am going to call my mechanic to see what they would charge for a timing belt job if it is needed, how much for a buyers inspection, and what their calendar looks like. PCV valve I can do myself if necessary, so that should not be an issue is it comes up. Once I have the cost for these things and a time frame for a buyers inspection, I will contact the owners to see about looking at it more in depth (when the timing belt was done last, service records, test drive, etc), see how flexible they are on price, and go from there. We'll see.

You want to call me a chud? You can be added to the list of people that can go gently caress themselves. You must have some sort of learning disability because your reading comprehension had failed you. If you go back and re-read my posts, slowly, you will see the people giving valuable information were thanked, and I greatly appreciate their contribution. Just to reiterate this because you missed it the first three times, thank you everyone that has pointed me towards resources, given your experiences with similar year/model vehicle, and given valuable advice on what to look out for when purchasing a German car of this age. Your input is appreciated.

Lmao this guy.

Nice kys post btw. You should prob take a break from the internet before you melt your brain.

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 22, 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Nitr0 posted:

Lmao this guy.

Nice kys post btw. You should prob take a break from the internet before you melt your brain.

Dont keep this going.

And everyone else can stop it too.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Please continue your previously scheduled vw chat, which I just assume is ya'll comparing your various breakdowns.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

Please continue your previously scheduled vw chat, which I just assume is ya'll comparing your various breakdowns.

Don't threaten my Q7 with a good time.

....no seriously, don't. Still saving up to delete the DEF system

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Uncle Lizard posted:

Jumping in after the drama to add my thoughts.

I've got a 2008 VW Passat 3.6. It has 90k miles on it. It is a basket case. It runs/drives fine, no codes or issues, but everything else is just waiting to fail. Headliner falling down, interior surfaces with soft-touch material peel, randomly stopped locking the driver's door (so the alarm will arm, but the door is open. If I forget to hit the key fob and pull the handle... :siren:).

And my brother has a 2009 GTI with the 2.0T motor and DSG. Also about 90k miles. Also basket case. No cascading failures, but it just feels fragile.

So for me, the main point isn't the maintenance COST, but more the time and effort in keeping something like that running. I have $2200 in the Passat right now, so I really couldn't care less, I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, but I'm certainly not looking at putting money into it to make it perfect.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
In slightly related VAG news: Chris Klausner of the Klausner Rallye Team was killed in a motorcycle incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYJcJigwls

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Hello thread you may remember me as the dude who has a Volkswagen logo permanently scarred onto his arm due to a pickup truck ramming into my 2010 Wolfsburg Jetta.

I’m now considering buying a 2014 Jetta TDI with 77k miles (similar to what my VW had). The asking price is 12.5 k which is only a few thousand higher than what insurance is paying me. A major downside for me is it is an automatic.

Feel free to tell me this is a terrible idea for some reason and I promise I won’t have a meltdown!!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sublimer posted:

Hello thread you may remember me as the dude who has a Volkswagen logo permanently scarred onto his arm due to a pickup truck ramming into my 2010 Wolfsburg Jetta.

I’m now considering buying a 2014 Jetta TDI with 77k miles (similar to what my VW had). The asking price is 12.5 k which is only a few thousand higher than what insurance is paying me. A major downside for me is it is an automatic.

Feel free to tell me this is a terrible idea for some reason and I promise I won’t have a meltdown!!

Is it Automatic or DSG?

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

The ad says automatic. There’s a picture of the interior but I don’t know how to tell if it’s DSG. Is that something I should ask about? Which is preferable?

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

It should be a DSG. At least my 2014 SportWagen TDI is DSG. It's a perfectly fine transmission and suited to the diesel engine. I don't think I'd particularly enjoy a manual paired with it enough to justify waiting for one to pop up.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I keep seeing older Touaregs. Are there any good horror stories about the v10 tdis? Wasn’t there also a w12 version or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

How to replace Toureg hatch strut