Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Meanwhile Australia with its worst outbreak yet can't secure enough mRNA to allow under 40s to get it yet...

My bad, Georgia *only* threw away 683k doses.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...NPU5LISPNCX5SQ/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

a jeezz i would but the fda hasnt approved it oh they did? well, what about microchips

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mastershakeman posted:

Keep an eye on the upper Midwest. Illinois is starting to spike this week, Michigan and Wisconsin and Minnesota should follow and Canada with them

Canada is already spiking.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

T-Paine posted:

i learned on twitter that if you think doctors can refuse to treat unvaccinated people, you're racist because it also means you think doctors can refuse to treat black people.

quote:

The government of DC is not engaged in a conspiracy to kill black people in DC. It's a dumb thing to believe.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Canada is already spiking.

:actually: if you check the cspam canada thread you will find things are fine, everythings fine, at least according to the pod people posting in there

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Nothus posted:

She's in the replies trying to push back

Without looking, I'm going to guess she's going with "But also funded by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative! Therefore blue cancels out red and there's no conflict of interest :smuggo:"

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

:actually: if you check the cspam canada thread you will find things are fine, everythings fine, at least according to the pod people posting in there

:shepicide:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

This is a good episode of Death Panel.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Judakel posted:

a jeezz i would but the fda hasnt approved it oh they did? well, what about microchips

I pretty sure none of the Trump fans at work will get it even after the FDA BLA.

They really believe things like the microchip and secret Bill Gates patents.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

empty whippet box posted:

I'm pretty curious as to whether the entire nation can really just pretend it isn't happening this time and keep everything open or if so many people will die that tons of places will close simply because the people who work there or live there are dead now. Hundreds of thousands of people are gonna die in the next few months and while there will be no shutdowns, stimulus, or public health measures of any kind taken and schools will remain open, can that really protect number from a half million deaths? I guess we're gonna find out(i assume it will actually make number go up somehow)

Plagues always leave real estate and home furniture deals in their wake as well as new job opportunities. Sucks to be a feudal lord though when the peasants you were squeezing have either died or hosed off. Someone should make a law.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

spaceblancmange posted:

I'm clapping for carers

meanwhile I'm getting sucked off :twisted:

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inferis posted:

antivaxxers are not the enemies, we need more than vaccinations to end this but keep on falling for the trap of blaming them for everything while nothing is closed, hospitals are failing, and governments are doing nothing but pointing to a convenient scapegoat

That's right. Antivaxxers are not persuadable with reasoning/logic or even propaganda. It's like blaming non-human animals for not wanting to go to the vet to get vaccinated for rabies. They cannot actually conceptualize the harm they are doing to themselves and society by not getting vaccinated.

Lenin Stimpy fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 28, 2021

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

LOL Phil Valentine died

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Lenin Stimpy posted:

That's right. Antivaxxers are not persuadable with reasoning/logic or even propaganda. It's like blaming non-human animals for not wanting to go to the vet to get vaccinated for rabies. They cannot actually conceptualize the harm they are doing to themselves and society by not getting vaccinated.

There's also a group of people who aren't antivaxxers, but haven't been vaccinated because they have enough poo poo going on in their lives that this is a low priority for them (even if it harms the rest of society).

This is why mandatory vaccinations for literally everyone medically eligible in the US should be national policy, at the barrel of a gun. Roll up to every city with the national guard/etc and forcibly vaccinate everyone. I can't believe people are even debating this in the US. It's even convenient for people who haven't made time to go out and get vaccinated; the military will be knocking on your door with that vaccine dose primed and ready!

I can't wait for no-knock vaccination warrants.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

It's so bizarre watching back home (British Columbia) have exactly the same cases as New South Wales despite like 60% of the population and 10% of the testing and there the CHO is going to football games maskless while here everyone is panicking and talking about what a massive failure the state is.

Yeah vax rates are a factor but we're entering Spring in a week, was 27c/81f in Sydney yesterday, and you guys haven't even started flu/covid season yet.

BC's chart is even more concerning than Canada's as a whole.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Petey posted:

Here's an interesting project, an attempt to quantify the riskiness of different activities: https://www.microcovid.org/

fun activity trying to put in your kid going to school into the calculator.

weirdly, 2,100 minute/week activity with 10 people within 15 ft and thin masks and unknown contacts exceeds my budget!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Casey Finnigan posted:

why does the ruling class think that allowing all US hospitals to fill up and allowing the US healthcare system to collapse is going to work out better for them in the long run? It doesn't seem like there's any reason why that would be the case. Am I just dumb? Why not avoid total collapse of the healthcare system instead?

I looked it up and seems like all the New Zealand hospitals are super low on ICU beds even without the pandemic. I don't have any evidence but I would humbly submit this is from every geriatric billionaire moving there to avoid the problems they caused.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I appreciate the doctors in this thread telling us the state of things in hell so that every day I redouble my efforts to not get covid.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

The Saucer Hovers posted:

mine says "community action and social change"

lol. lmao

I dunno where my degree is or what it says. Also have frequent anxiety dreams about forgetting a single class that I needed for my degree.

No job has ever explicitly asked for proof of it. I work for the gov’t so I assume someone checked? gently caress paper man where’s my digital degree.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
another good thing about mandatory vaccinations would be a bunch of antivaxxers getting themselves killed by trying to fight it. i mean directly killed, by the national guard or whatever. not indirectly killed, by getting infected, but that's good too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lenin Stimpy posted:

what? no, this is wrong. look at all the discourse last year about weak people being struck down by the pandemic and THEY weren't weak or afraid of the virus

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

I appreciate the doctors in this thread telling us the state of things in hell so that every day I redouble my efforts to not get covid.

:hai:

I think I'm gonna get a faceshield

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

T-Paine posted:

another good thing about mandatory vaccinations would be a bunch of antivaxxers getting themselves killed by trying to fight it. i mean directly killed, by the national guard or whatever. not indirectly killed, by getting infected, but that's good too.

Are we imagining that we have the Chinese government in this country to carry out this campaign or what

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

The Oldest Man posted:

Are we imagining that we have the Chinese government in this country to carry out this campaign or what

you're only limited by your imagination, friend

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

This is a good episode of Death Panel.

What is Death Panel about, generally?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The Oldest Man posted:

Ivermectin overdose.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
12yo at Costco likes my FF400.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

PerniciousKnid posted:

What is Death Panel about, generally?

"Stay Alive for Another Week"

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Salt Fish posted:

I looked it up and seems like all the New Zealand hospitals are super low on ICU beds even without the pandemic. I don't have any evidence but I would humbly submit this is from every geriatric billionaire moving there to avoid the problems they caused.

The rich have their own private doctors and ICUs tho

Their mansions probably have those auto doctor pods from every sci-fi at this rate

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1429454389421428740?s=19

Well poo poo I wasn't going to but this changed my mind.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"Please Get Vaccinated"

*puts on glasses from They Live*

"Your Death is Not My Problem"

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Lenin Stimpy posted:

There's also a group of people who aren't antivaxxers, but haven't been vaccinated because they have enough poo poo going on in their lives that this is a low priority for them (even if it harms the rest of society).

This is why mandatory vaccinations for literally everyone medically eligible in the US should be national policy, at the barrel of a gun. Roll up to every city with the national guard/etc and forcibly vaccinate everyone. I can't believe people are even debating this in the US. It's even convenient for people who haven't made time to go out and get vaccinated; the military will be knocking on your door with that vaccine dose primed and ready!

I've had countless c+ patients in my ICU who didn't get the vaccine and don't particularly regret it. They still aren't convinced it would have helped them. I don't even bother asking if they think they got anyone else sick.

Forced vaccinations at gunpoint is an excellent and appropriate use of our military. If their purpose is to keep us all safe, then they should do what the US did for polio and what China did for smallpox

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Lovelyn posted:

I've had countless c+ patients in my ICU who didn't get the vaccine and don't particularly regret it. They still aren't convinced it would have helped them. I don't even bother asking if they think they got anyone else sick.

Forced vaccinations at gunpoint is an excellent and appropriate use of our military. If their purpose is to keep us all safe, then they should do what the US did for polio and what China did for smallpox

just to be clear, are you saying if they refuse the vaccine they are executed, and if not what is the gun for?

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inferis posted:

just to be clear, are you saying if they refuse the vaccine they are executed, and if not what is the gun for?

If they shoot at the military ya dummy

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Lenin Stimpy posted:

If they shoot at the military ya dummy

okay and what if they just refuse

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

I loaned my spo2 monitor to housemate and she was at 93%.... I know the caution number is 92%, but what are the realities of that?

If it gets to 90 call the Dr? I don't know if she has a PCP, so just call/do.... who/what?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hexigrammus posted:

Plagues always leave real estate and home furniture deals in their wake as well as new job opportunities. Sucks to be a feudal lord though when the peasants you were squeezing have either died or hosed off. Someone should make a law.

zombie movies have it all wrong. the moment zombies became a thing the rich would find a way to enslave them and use them for profit, whether the world was overrun with them or not.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inferis posted:

okay and what if they just refuse

Why do you think the military would be showing up to their homes with vaccines primed and ready? Either they resist the military with force and get arrested (or even die, if they are willing to use violence to prevent themselves from being vaccinated), or they get vaccinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Googes
Sep 2, 2006

Not much bro, just dancin on a streetlamp

Lamebot posted:

Vivec's Thirty-Six lessons on accepting and living with COVID-19:

the ending of the words is REMDESIVIR