Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Home COVID test came back negative. Pleased to just have whatever stupid nonsense gives you fever and chills for only like 12 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just a reminder that the American military got soundly whooped by a bunch of goat herders

They aren't going to be able to administer a nationwide vaccination program

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

inferis posted:

okay and what if they just refuse

In this completely not real, never going to happen scenario? You physically restrain them and administer the vaccine. Presumably you have some sort of ‘less lethal’ bullshit for unarmed resistance, and if they pull a gun, presumably THEN you shoot them. Does that satisfy your curiosity about this thing that’s literally never going to happen?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Why do you think the military would be showing up to their homes with vaccines primed and ready? Either they resist the military with force and get arrested (or even die, if they are willing to use violence to prevent themselves from being vaccinated), or they get vaccinated

they will be greeted as liberators

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

I'm sure that's the case for some folks but the people I know who refuse the vaccine are doing so because they just don't want to take it. It's weird

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
we could have the cops adminiss....hahaahehheh

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

inferis posted:

they will be greeted as liberators

That is correct comrade. What, do you hate America?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I loaned my spo2 monitor to housemate and she was at 93%.... I know the caution number is 92%, but what are the realities of that?

If it gets to 90 call the Dr? I don't know if she has a PCP, so just call/do.... who/what?

Not a doctor, but my local hospital has a nurse line you can call and basically their job is to help you understand if you should come in, or if not, who you might want to call. I would start there if it were me.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Vaccination trucks driving up every single street in every neighborhood in America should be the baseline.

That would require staffing though and that's a bridge too far for any American intervention.

Like, literally. If you look at anything we do if it requires hiring or staffing we just throw in the towel immediately. We'd rather predator drone a hail of vaccines into a wedding than hire a single tech in a van to vaccinate people.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Asproigerosis posted:

why would I want a resting heart rate in the 60s when I could be obscenely unhealthy and run my heart into the ground in half the time? Who wants to live that long?

everyone is born with a fixed number of heart beats, so it’s a good idea to take care of your body so you don’t use them all up early

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i hope parts of the world that rely on american tourism figure out a way around it. ireland, for example. doesn't matter if they get all vaxxed up and then let americans bring new strains over

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I loaned my spo2 monitor to housemate and she was at 93%.... I know the caution number is 92%, but what are the realities of that?

If it gets to 90 call the Dr? I don't know if she has a PCP, so just call/do.... who/what?

Yeah call an urgent care place and get their take on it. Darker skin people read inaccurately on those things too.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

empty whippet box posted:

zombie movies have it all wrong. the moment zombies became a thing the rich would find a way to enslave them and use them for profit, whether the world was overrun with them or not.

this was one of the ending gags in shaun of the dead and that movie ruled

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just a reminder that the American military got soundly whooped by a bunch of goat herders

Also they're a bunch of 18 year olds.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

It's the primary excuse, not reason, and the thing about excuses is that it's excuses all the way down.

These aren't people making a qualitative, informed decision based on a set of facts, it's people starting from a conclusion and letting cognitive dissonance fill in the gaps.

The lack of approval from a specific government agency is just one of their most palatable, reasonable excuses requiring the least amount of mental gymnastics so they go with that one first. It's the easiest one to sell. If you take that one away you might get a small minority of people who make the decision that continuing down the path of delusion is more work than just getting the vaccine, but it's not going to be some revelatory moment that gets things back on the right course. We're talking about people who calibrate their decision making my seeing who gets angry at them. I should know because they comprise the majority of my blood relations and my unvaccinated mother is on vacation in Daytona right now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Durf posted:

I dunno where my degree is or what it says. Also have frequent anxiety dreams about forgetting a single class that I needed for my degree.

No job has ever explicitly asked for proof of it. I work for the gov’t so I assume someone checked? gently caress paper man where’s my digital degree.

lol my doctorate has Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature on it, I really need to get that poo poo framed someday

turned out to be the most valuable thing about the degree!

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Greg Legg posted:

I'm sure that's the case for some folks but the people I know who refuse the vaccine are doing so because they just don't want to take it. It's weird

I still think every excuse for not getting the shot except for not wanting to miss work with side effects is a bullshit excuse for being afraid of needles.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I refuse to take a vaccine that isn't fda approved which is why i'm chugging this bottle of apple flavored horse dewormer

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Shere posted:

It's the primary excuse, not reason, and the thing about excuses is that it's excuses all the way down.

These aren't people making a qualitative, informed decision based on a set of facts, it's people starting from a conclusion and letting cognitive dissonance fill in the gaps.

The lack of approval from a specific government agency is just one of their most palatable, reasonable excuses requiring the least amount of mental gymnastics so they go with that one first. It's the easiest one to sell. If you take that one away you might get a small minority of people who make the decision that continuing down the path of delusion is more work than just getting the vaccine, but it's not going to be some revelatory moment that gets things back on the right course. We're talking about people who calibrate their decision making my seeing who gets angry at them. I should know because they comprise the majority of my blood relations and my unvaccinated mother is on vacation in Daytona right now.

Same way that the majority of them said they'd just quit if their job mandated vaccinations but as soon as it actually happens they all get the shot like a dog

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Steve Yun posted:

Conservative radio host Dinah Ondalibs has just passed away today from multiple liver failure and pneumonia.

Wow he had multiple livers?

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Shere posted:

FDA still deserves poo poo for essentially giving a reasonable sounding veneer of cover to these people.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
gently caress the CDC shadow mind controller Nazis who want to castrate our sons and daughters and control us with microchips! Also, it's not approved by the FDA, so

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Obviously calling the military out to forcibly vaccinate people is ridiculous and would be the wrong approach even IF it wasn’t totally impossible. The correct solution that will never happen, IMO, is a two-tiered approach, where people are offered paid time off and various other financial incentives to persuade the persuadeable, while at the same time promoting ricin or a similar substance as the next ivermectin.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

blatman posted:

I refuse to take a vaccine that isn't fda approved which is why i'm chugging this bottle of apple flavored horse dewormer

Ok. At first I first took it to prevent covid but now I'm just craving the stuff!

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

america is a failed state and their government cannot accomplish things, correct

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Sometimes, as a 40 year old goon, when I'm at the store I see a shirt that I wish they made in adult sizes.

Sure in adult sizes, I can get a fake distressed TMNT t shirt, but that feels too forced. Just gimme a line art astronaut that says "Way Cool" in goon size.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Unoriginal Name posted:

america is a failed state and their government cannot accomplish things, correct

Sure it can. It created tons of value for shareholders.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

reading all of these horror stories makes me really glad covid isnt real

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Iron Crowned posted:

Sometimes, as a 40 year old goon, when I'm at the store I see a shirt that I wish they made in adult sizes.

Sure in adult sizes, I can get a fake distressed TMNT t shirt, but that feels too forced. Just gimme a line art astronaut that says "Way Cool" in goon size.

aliexpress used to be good for this but i'm not sure how long shipping takes these days

I wasn't able to find Way Cool but I did find this ice cream one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...937955583%22%7D

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Vote.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:slick::slick::slick::slick::slick::slick::slick::slick:
:slick::slick::slick::slick::slick::slick::slick::slick:
:slick::slick::slick::slick:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

smoobles posted:

reading all of these horror stories makes me really glad covid isnt real

this is an insult to the hardworking american military scientists of fort detrick

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

mdemone posted:

lol my doctorate has Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature on it, I really need to get that poo poo framed someday

One of my favorite subtle jokes from Arrested Development was the Arnold face watermark on the marriage certificate

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Pardot posted:

Look i'm cool with getting extra vaxes, but who the hell is getting extra hearts

you can get more than one heart transplant, but it might be people that at one point where not planned to get a heart, but things changed later (perhaps LVAD issues, or something)

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:swoon:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

currently using my doctorate in clarinet to sell buttons, and starting a job taking inbound customer service calls for healthcare soon lol. both things made me more money than music ever did.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HORNY COW posted:

One of my favorite subtle jokes from Arrested Development was the Arnold face watermark on the marriage certificate

lmao

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mandatory vaccines are on the horizon at my works-closely-with-the-public workplace. I've been telling the holdouts to just get vaccinated now before it's mandatory, and that it's our duty to keep each other and the public safe.

I've also been advocating that our union not fight openly against the mandate but instead negotiate favorable terms to entice compliance.

Is Delta going to make me look like a fool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

The Oldest Man posted:

Sure it can. It created tons of value for shareholders.

i think you'll find that was the valiant efforts of the board and other job creators, thus earning their pay