Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Animal most likely to kill you in each state

I assume in the question mark states you're most likely to be killed by a cryptid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I find it hard to believe that scorpions kill more texans than cattle, horses, or 30-50 feral hogs. (feral hogs are common and genuinely scary as gently caress btw)

The bark scorpion is like the only you'd ever encounter that's lethally dangerous.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Grevling posted:

I assume in the question mark states you're most likely to be killed by a cryptid.

Humans simply do not die in those states

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Animals (not counting humans)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Poor America, thought of horses and died

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
What the heck is the thing in California and Georgia?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Reveilled posted:

What the heck is the thing in California and Georgia?

An Indian cobra, obviously

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Are those dogs or something else?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
And we thought Florida's problem with burmese python was bad

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
It's "most unique" way to die not most likely to die. So the one that sets you apart more than others. And the animals represent whole categories of creatures like "Large mammals"
Scorpion is venomous arthropods. In my heart I believe it to be the terror of my childhood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZMfPP34g8

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Legend:

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

I had a feeling they were including spiders and such in the scorpion graphic but good to know. We don’t have scorpions in NC but we sure do have some spiders who will ruin your day.

Edit: Nevermind I should read all the legend options! Now off to find a scorpion somewhere around here I guess.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

It should just be a picture of a human in each state

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Whoa, whyd that person lie about the map. Deeply hosed up

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

It should just be a picture of a human in each state

That's hardly a unique way to die

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Imagine I posted a map of the globe and it's just a picture of a human heart on each country except Western Sahara and Somalia

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Imagine I posted a map of the globe and it's just a picture of a human heart on each country except Western Sahara and Somalia

Pretty sure Yemen needs to be an American flag.

Comedy option is a liver in Russia

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Greenland has data?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

BonHair posted:

That's hardly a unique way to die

What if unique up on the victim

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Platystemon posted:

Greenland has data?

If as many people die of insufficient data as that map would have you believe Greenland must be a very dangerous place.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Just one part of an infographic?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
I want my coroner report to read: "Struck by dog."

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Cats kill way more people than dogs if you include French traffic accidents

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Rebel Blob posted:

Just one part of an infographic?

What are those deadly snails?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Freshwater aquatic snails can carry schistosomiasis. It makes you poo poo and puke blood to death like turbo-dysentery. I'd figure that's what they're counting.

e: rather the snails carry the schistostomes which cause schistosomiasis in humans, but I doubt the distinction matters if parasitic worms are making you poo poo out all your blood in the moment

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 22, 2021

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder if somebody's done a version of this that is just showing the amount of times each county has voted for the loser.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Cats kill way more people than dogs if you include French traffic accidents

I've heard that a lot of spider deaths aren't from bites, they're just from people driving and then getting so scared by the spider they have accidents.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
As Clallam county goes, so goes the World.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

As Clallam county goes, so goes the World.

There were 20 counties that had streaks dating back to the 50s and poo poo but 19 of them hosed up and broke the streak by supporting trump

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Development_of_Political_Parties_in_the_United_States.svg
definitely a politically-loaded chart, whose png render is for ants. i am quite curious what's going on at the bottom

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I like that deer kill 120 Americans annually, but absolutely no one else in the world manage to hit one the wrong way with their car.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

BonHair posted:

I like that deer kill 120 Americans annually, but absolutely no one else in the world manage to hit one the wrong way with their car.

There should be a SAAB emoji around here somewhere...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

There were 20 counties that had streaks dating back to the 50s and poo poo but 19 of them hosed up and broke the streak by supporting trump

Blaine County Montana has voted for the winning Presidential candidate in every election since 1916 except for the time Dukakis won by 58 votes.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

BonHair posted:

In Scandinavia, we prefer to get killed by driving into a moose.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
That's elk

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A Møøse once bit my sister

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cheetah?

lol what

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

An ironic outcome for the man who tries to cheat death

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the people getting killed by uhh gear shifter knobs?

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

It's called elk in countries that don't have them.

Moooooooooooooose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Carbon dioxide posted:

What confused me as a kid were towns that had an 'Upper' and 'Lower' part, with the upper part on a lil hill or something. With the Upper part of town being lower on the map (further south) than the Lower part.

Relatedly when I was in school I remember being taught a bunch of times not to say things like "this town is under this other town" when I mean "this town is to the south of this other town" because otherwise I'd be saying it's like, buried underneath it or something. But nowadays I hear everyone saying it the wrong way and it's written that way in the papers too.

Platystemon posted:

Land just runs out in the Southern Hemisphere. Las Vegas and Gibraltar are further from the Equator than the southern tip of Africa is.

South America goes substantially farther, but it gets so narrow and even then, Scandinavia, Greenland, almost all of Alaska and Russia, and two-thirds of Scotland are further from the Equator than Cape Horn is.

Land doesn't run out, it's just covered in ice.

For now.

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 23, 2021