Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Lol

https://twitter.com/VanessaMiller12/status/1429565504537206784?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lol. What global crisis?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Lol there's gonna be kids dying of COVID that can see Hawkeye football games from their hospital bed.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao good loving luck getting a cat to wear a mask

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

etalian posted:

Also how the US has inspiring waste of what was manufactured.

Georgia threw out 600k doses this month, another 800k will be past their shelf life by November if not used.

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Exactly.

Wagging our fingers or looking down on antivaxxers isn't going to change anything. In fact, it might just make them cling even harder to their beliefs.

I'm completely serious when I say these people are incapable of being reasoned with, and that we must strategize as such. No reason, no logic, no propaganda will convince them otherwise. Not even faced with death will convince them otherwise. I say all this with sympathy too: they're totally not capable of rational thought about this issue; they've been deeply pilled and there's close to zero chance anyone, even their loved family members, will be able to get them out of it.

We do not deserve to live our lives filled with permanent plague because we also live with people who are too pilled to be reasoned with. An actual functioning government would protect us from that, no matter how unpopular it was.

I long for a reality where we force vaccinations at gunpoint and then send the rest abroad

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Zisky posted:

Lol yeah it's burning up the West LA, conveniently where I live. Oh well back to grocery delivery/pickup.

I bought my dog some K9 N-95s too for when it gets even worse since parents love letting their unmasked kids run up on my pooch (realistically the chances are slim but wildfires are year round now so why not).

I would like to know more about dog masks

edit: oh you posted about dog masks. well then

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It's just amazing to me how completely over COVID is for most people at the same time that hospitals fill up and we enter a huge wave.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I do not trust dogs

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
are you trying to say that covid matters when i am not presently sick?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I've been advocating for my blue-maga family to take basic precautions and it's not going well. Today my dad sent me a Dr. John Campbell video which came out yesterday basically advocating that vaccinated people go out and get deliberately infected and anyway I'm going to go have a panic attack in the shower for a while.

Click if you want to believe in herd immunity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20DxL8KhvgA&t=682s

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Steve Yun posted:

I would like to know more about dog masks

https://www.k9mask.com/

Website says the replaceable filters are N95s.

Edit: Here's the ISO cert https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0039/2993/1843/files/K9_Mask_ISO_16890_Extreme_Breathe_results.pdf?v=1629300797

Zisky fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 23, 2021

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

trying to consider how broken a cat's spirit would have to be to tolerate a mask

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

It's just amazing to me how completely over COVID is for most people at the same time that hospitals fill up and we enter a huge wave.

yep it's incredible lol

everywhere I go, I'm one of the 5-10 percent in a mask

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Salt Fish posted:

I've been advocating for my blue-maga family to take basic precautions and it's not going well. Today my dad sent me a Dr. John Campbell video which came out yesterday basically advocating that vaccinated people go out and get deliberately infected and anyway I'm going to go have a panic attack in the shower for a while.

yeah I guess this completely insane take is gonna gain traction now somehow. "the best way to avoid getting infected is to get infected." got it.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Thoguh posted:

its 100% because biden and the CDC convinced vaccinated people that they wont end up in the hospital for covid and will most likely get a mild infection.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shitpostradomus posted:

anyhow i'm not a doctor or anything and this is just anecdotal evidence but maybe eating horse paste you bought from Rural King is a subpar idea unless you're medically accredited to know how much horse paste that you bought at Rural King to eat. thanks for your attention to this matter.

I consider myself something of a horse paste sommelier and I recommend pairing the apple flavor with a white zin

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

He's just reading and interpreting the results of the study - where does he endorse the study?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Gio posted:

its 100% because biden and the CDC convinced vaccinated people that they wont end up in the hospital for covid and will most likely get a mild infection.

of all the people why do the ones yelling about following the science so desperately demand to not understand that science means reacting to new phenomena, like a significantly more dangerous virus, and changing your approach with regard to it

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Hello. I'm here for a booster. Sike! Your vaccine won't protect you from Delta! You're calling the police? My name? Horst Paiste.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

College students moved back into town this weekend. Went to get groceries earlier and out of the 10 that I saw there, 2 were wearing masks. This is going to be very bad in a few weeks. Would be nice if they gave a poo poo but that's college kids for you.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

McNugget Buddy posted:

He's just reading and interpreting the results of the study - where does he endorse the study?

I don't know what he's reading but its like an editorial by one person?? I clicked both study links and neither of them were this "we could be digging ourselves into a hole with too many vaccines" stuff he's talking about.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
nm

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gio posted:

Which was made on assumptions based on previous variants not the newer Delta variant which seems to have a higher breakthrough incidence.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lol

https://twitter.com/CannotHaveSex/status/1429167333897949185

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

i don't because i'm starting my new job tomorrow :grin:

if you'd like this feeling....

Are YOU a C-SPAMMER who has had their job hosed by COVID or is being forced to go back to a plague pit so your boss can see your smile?
Do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because they have to roll the dice with death every day for a pitiful paycheck?
Do YOU have a stable internet connection for 40 hours a week and are able to read words, talk without throwing up, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
Do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah Arizona, or Illinois?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!

Hi! My name is Business Gorillas and I want to do BUSINESS with YOU!!! My company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. These are entry-level customer service positions with the following benefits:

- :siren: COMPLETELY WORK FROM HOME, WE'LL EVEN MAIL YOU A COMPUTER :siren:
- $16.00/hour starting and guaranteed full time
- A signing bonus of up to $2,000 if you stay for one year.
- Full benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, ~20 days of PTO, no-excuse sick time, and education assistance totaling a maximum of $10,000 a year.

I'm not going to lie, the jobs I have are dull and unrewarding, but I bet your current job is too! Tell those petty tyrants you debase yourself for tips to or that retail manager who keeps hitting on the 17 year olds to work with to :supaburn:GO TO HELL:supaburn: and join a company that won't ask you to risk your lungs for your pay. Hell, as long as you're not awful, there's plenty of room for promotions as soon as there's spots available!

:smith: "All I have on my resume is that I was a worker at the Dick Sucking Factory for 3 years and a Grease Trap at McDonald's..." :smith:
I DON'T CARE. I'm not here to make commissions or get money for what I'm doing, I'm here to keep you alive. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIFE FOR A PAYCHECK, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU. Send me a DM and we'll work on your resume! I'm a bullshit artist by trade, so let me help YOU get a job where you can dodge Delta.

:smith: "I'm not in one of those states you talked about..." :smith:
SEND ME A DM ANYWAYS! If I can't find you a job, I'm working with other goons that also have positions at their own companies. If they're a good fit, I'll connect you two!

:smith: "I want a WFH job, but I have skills and $16.00 doesn't work for me..." :smith:
STILL TALK TO ME! The goons I'm working with have other jobs available. Hell, if I think you're overqualified for my jobs, I'll connect you to them anyways! I want you to make as much money for as little work as possible!

WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

Inquire Within or send me an email at wfhjobsforgoons at gmail dot com

cool I have skills so I’ll send an email tomorrow!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I went for a walk this morning and of the two phone conversations I overheard, both of them were about Covid.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

tuyop posted:

cool I have skills so I’ll send an email tomorrow!

you’ll send an email now!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'll email now.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Tracking every case in Melbourne is getting a bit complicated

thought you guys "knew how to lock down properly"

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

just had my second AZ shot, bring on the boosters when they're available

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lol

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Zisky posted:

In Saigon there's a "walking street" that's packed to the brim until 4am or later with people drinking and doing huge nitrous balloons while bunches of street vendors come by with all manner of snacks and wares. It rules.

that sounds like heaven on earth

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

etalian posted:

Which was made on assumptions based on previous variants not the newer Delta variant which seems to have a higher breakthrough incidence.

It doesn't even matter. Delta (or something like it) was a perfectly predictable outcome.

I know you're not trying to let them off the hook or anything, I just hate this framing because the implication is that the Biden administration/CDC messaging was completely fine until UNFORESEEABLE CIRCUMSTANCES WOE IS US. The problem isn't that we're working with an outdated strategy, it's that we're suffering the consequences of our actions.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

The Nastier Nate posted:

I consider myself something of a horse paste sommelier and I recommend pairing the apple flavor with a white zin

this happened with the bleach drinking last year, but it's vexing that people think they can prevent covid by taking whatever poison one time and be good. looks like ivermectin has a half-life of 18 hours.

if people are serious about preventing covid, they would have to take the poison repeatedly.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Zeriel posted:

Was anti-vax a thing before Jenny McCarthy started pushing her bullshit.
I think she should be forced to drink the covid can on live tv for her crimes against humanity.

I grew up a huge Jenny McCarthy fan because she was both a playboy playmate of the year and the host of MTV's singled out while I was a teen.

Never once did I think "here is a woman who should be giving people medical advice".

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Rauros posted:

this happened with the bleach drinking last year, but it's vexing that people think they can prevent covid by taking whatever poison one time and be good. looks like ivermectin has a half-life of 18 hours.

if people are serious about preventing covid, they would have to take the poison repeatedly.

ah yes, definitely playing into the thought process of people taking animal medicine because someone on facebook told them to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I mean ivermectin horse paste also tells you the dose per hundred pounds on the tube. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out how much to take to not die, but I'm not going to test that theory