Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”

Dr. Quarex posted:

I have no doubt this has been covered elsewhere, but (and I ask this sincerely) are we 100% sure Shmorky is actually completely insane and not that Lowtax trashed yet another confidante when that person no longer served a purpose

I definitely read some gross chat logs between them and a minor that I really wish I could unread lmao. Like they're not getting a redemption arc anytime soon, I'd skip looking into it further if you value your sanity personally but it's all very easy to find by googling their username + "grooming"

Actually an SA thread basically asking the same question shows up in said search from about a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr. Quarex posted:

I have no doubt this has been covered elsewhere, but (and I ask this sincerely) are we 100% sure Shmorky is actually completely insane and not that Lowtax trashed yet another confidante when that person no longer served a purpose

He's been thoroughly confirmed to be a terrible person, unfortunately.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Scaramouche posted:

SuperGreatFriends LP of IllBleed where they have to confront the KILLERMAN could be this. Phone posting or I'd link

Humongous Pear posted:

Yeah, my mind went there too.

link to the LP
This is so astoundingly weird and is definitely the kind of thing I would also remember years later like "what the hell was that?" but sadly this is not it.

There is a very good chance the thing I am thinking of was like some solo game developer's pitch that he made a video of and never actually finished the related game. And I am pretty sure there was basically no story beyond "fighting increasingly weird monsters/robots in a scrapyard/trash heap/junkyard" (though given it was a teaser video, who knows?)

Blood Nightmaster posted:

I definitely read some gross chat logs between them and a minor that I really wish I could unread lmao. Like they're not getting a redemption arc anytime soon, I'd skip looking into it further if you value your sanity personally but it's all very easy to find by googling their username + "grooming"

Actually an SA thread basically asking the same question shows up in said search from about a year ago

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He's been thoroughly confirmed to be a terrible person, unfortunately.
Good enough for me, I definitely do not need to read anything that terrible right now! Or ever! Great! I should have assumed this would have come up immediately upon Lowtax' ouster

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Speaking of lp's of weird games, there was a playthrough of a really fuckin weird point and click adventure (I think), many years ago in GBS. As I recall the game takes place in a strange town that's obsessed with meat, or blood, and there's some sort of huge meat factory. Very old school graphics, and i remember it being deeply weird and unsettling. Anyone know what I'm on about?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Biplane posted:

Speaking of lp's of weird games, there was a playthrough of a really fuckin weird point and click adventure (I think), many years ago in GBS. As I recall the game takes place in a strange town that's obsessed with meat, or blood, and there's some sort of huge meat factory. Very old school graphics, and i remember it being deeply weird and unsettling. Anyone know what I'm on about?

Pathologic

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nah, it was 2d I believe.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Harvester?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Yes! Thank you :D

E: drat this game is hosed up

Biplane fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 19, 2021

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Biplane posted:

The LP for it was amazing.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Abugadu posted:

The LP for it was amazing.

Is it in the archives?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
My brother is the music guy in my family. Back in highschool he burned a ton of CDs with whatever random thing he was listening to. One of these random mixes had a song that I still get stuck in my head some times. It's mostly made from samples of what sounded like a reality show or some sort of game show starring two women named Joan and Jane (maybe like a house flipping show or something similar).

It was mostly just laid back beats with a narrator saying phrases from the show. These aren't exact examples but he would say things like:
"Joan and Jane will need to work quick if they're going to succeed.",
"Jane is almost done, but Joan is just getting started."
"Joan thinks she's won, but Jane still has a few tricks up her sleeve."

Anyone have any idea what this could possibly be? My brother had no idea what I'm talking about and most of these CDs are long gone. This would have been something he probably found online in the early 2000s.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Some expression that means it has its upsides and downsides.

That's it.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's it.

"Swings and roundabouts?"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's it.

Snakes and ladders?

Pros and cons?

Hills and valleys?

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
double-edged sword?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Mixed blessing?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sic Semper Goon posted:

"Swings and roundabouts?"

I think this was it sure :)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Biplane posted:

Harvester is joy and celebration

https://i.imgur.com/4VgIOpb.mp4

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Dr_Amazing posted:

My brother is the music guy in my family. Back in highschool he burned a ton of CDs with whatever random thing he was listening to. One of these random mixes had a song that I still get stuck in my head some times. It's mostly made from samples of what sounded like a reality show or some sort of game show starring two women named Joan and Jane (maybe like a house flipping show or something similar).

It was mostly just laid back beats with a narrator saying phrases from the show. These aren't exact examples but he would say things like:
"Joan and Jane will need to work quick if they're going to succeed.",
"Jane is almost done, but Joan is just getting started."
"Joan thinks she's won, but Jane still has a few tricks up her sleeve."

Anyone have any idea what this could possibly be? My brother had no idea what I'm talking about and most of these CDs are long gone. This would have been something he probably found online in the early 2000s.

"Sibling Rivalry" by Jonathan Coulton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89FdyfW5r5E

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Section 9 posted:

"Sibling Rivalry" by Jonathan Coulton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89FdyfW5r5E

Yeah this is definitely it. Turns out I was way off. I downloaded a ton of Coulton's stuff after playing Portal, so it was from the bowels of my own old music library. No wonder he never heard of it.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Dr_Amazing posted:

Yeah this is definitely it. Turns out I was way off. I downloaded a ton of Coulton's stuff after playing Portal, so it was from the bowels of my own old music library. No wonder he never heard of it.

That one song is so different from almost everything else he does that it's hard to place. Other exception being the one that's just a bunch of samples of George Bush saying "duty".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Looking for the joke from a tv show (likely) or movie (far less so) about being a part of a one child one laptop program in africa that rapidly became a one warlord one thousand laptops program. I think it was 30 rock but I can't remember for certain

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Looking for the joke from a tv show (likely) or movie (far less so) about being a part of a one child one laptop program in africa that rapidly became a one warlord one thousand laptops program. I think it was 30 rock but I can't remember for certain

It was Archer:

quote:

"Then there's Nourish A Child, Shoe A Child, Bespectacle A Child, umm, One Laptop Per Child Soldier...."

"Wait, what?"

"Which, unfortunately, soon became One Thousand Laptops Per Warlord."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TY AJ

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
There was a show in like the late 80s or early 90s involving a boring white family that accidentally got sent forward in time to a very ominous, highly authoritarian "utopia". There are lots of crystal pyramids, and most people are androids now? Anyone know what that one was?

I also am trying to remember a (I think) British movie or TV series about body-double androids whose eyes would glow orange when they went into Attack Mode. Any help appreciated. (It might not have been British but the protagonist had a British accent iirc.)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kesper North posted:

There was a show in like the late 80s or early 90s involving a boring white family that accidentally got sent forward in time to a very ominous, highly authoritarian "utopia". There are lots of crystal pyramids, and most people are androids now? Anyone know what that one was?

Otherworld?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherworld_(TV_series)

The whole series is on Youtube.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A live action British children's show from the early 90s about moving stones and time travel (?) that had something to do with King Arthur. I only suspect it has something to do with King Arthur because besides the moving stones (like standing stones) is because for some reason a kid from the show saying "King Arthur!" with a weird inflection got burned into my brain.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Nailed it. Man, that was way weirder even than I freaking remembered.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A live action British children's show from the early 90s about moving stones and time travel (?) that had something to do with King Arthur. I only suspect it has something to do with King Arthur because besides the moving stones (like standing stones) is because for some reason a kid from the show saying "King Arthur!" with a weird inflection got burned into my brain.

I vaguely remember reading about a series where druids captured a black hole to make a time loop, let me see if I can find the name

e: Children of the Stones, from the 70s?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Stones

episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSIpkxMkT0M

Ichabod Sexbeast fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 23, 2021

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Earthfasts! It’s on YouTube. I rewatched it recently. Very creepy and haunting compared to modern kids tv.

The author of the original book turned out to be a nonce though. Sorry.

https://youtu.be/dnoBa71tGPY

Gasmask fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 23, 2021

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Kesper North posted:

I also am trying to remember a (I think) British movie or TV series about body-double androids whose eyes would glow orange when they went into Attack Mode. Any help appreciated. (It might not have been British but the protagonist had a British accent iirc.)

I think the second one is Annihilater

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090649/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_58

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

HOLY F S THAT IS IT

Wow, never thought I was going to figure that out. Thank you!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Gasmask posted:

Earthfasts! It’s on YouTube. I rewatched it recently. Very creepy and haunting compared to modern kids tv.

The author of the original book turned out to be a nonce though. Sorry.

https://youtu.be/dnoBa71tGPY

This was it! Turned out that weird inflection was just a Yorkshire accent.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

I've been trying to find for years an old video series that pre-dates YouTube, it would have been around 2004 I think. It was two women who claimed to be part of a subculture who hid in other people's houses, like living under their dining room table or in the attic.
I think they called themselves froggers, and wore green, cause they would 'hop' from house to house.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i saw an old cartoon on tv when i was a small child that was probably made during wwii. the running gag was that the protagonist (i remember him as popeye but this may be wrong as i've had 0 luck googling related terms) kept on making fun of this guest character for looking like some celebrity of the time and he'd burst into tears. i assume the guy in the cartoon was a caricature of whoever it was. my mom explained to me at the time that he was a famous person many years ago. who was it and what was the cartoon?

i've never been able to google this but it seems weird that my childhood subconscious would invent a wartime propaganda cartoon featuring a 1940's celebrity i didn't know.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Was it set during WW2? Could be a Private Snafu short maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_Snafu#Filmography

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Captain Theron posted:

I've been trying to find for years an old video series that pre-dates YouTube, it would have been around 2004 I think. It was two women who claimed to be part of a subculture who hid in other people's houses, like living under their dining room table or in the attic.
I think they called themselves froggers, and wore green, cause they would 'hop' from house to house.

I can’t help find the videos, but I remember them. Try searching “phrogging” and “phrogger,” which is how they spelled it.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

A stand up comedian was singing a tune set to “What A Wonderful World” about nuclear war and the ensuing fallout that went something like: “I see trees of purple, skies of red, see the little boy over there with a foot growing out of his head, and I think to myself…”

This was most likely a Comedy Central special some time in the early 2000s. That song has stuck with me through the years for some reason, and I’d like to know the comedian that sang it.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Theron posted:

https://youtu.be/FviZoMo8EMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i!
Jan 5, 2011

Cool avs beyond this door.

This one was triggered in the recesses of my memory when that movie Yesterday came out, which is about a world where no one knows the Beatles, which is the exact plot of this episode: https://youtu.be/KIegGHJduG0