Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Until about 4 days ago, I'd never read anything with The Eternals in except Avengers 300 where Gilgamesh showed up to help out Reed and Sue during Inferno. But I just read through the first arc of the Gillen series and rather liked it, so watching the new trailer, I was quite glad when I was actually able to put names to faces and have some idea about what their deal is. And the awesome guy from Train To Busan is playing Gilgamesh so that owns.

I'm way more hype for it than Shang-Chi, mainly because when I think Shang-Chi, I can't help but think of Bruce Lee in his prime and whoever they've got playing Shang-Chi looks to have all the presence and charisma of a ball of putty, there's just nothing about him that screams 'cool af' to me so far. Plus they chickened out on giving Razorfist his OG costume, unforgivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bruceski posted:

I have to admit, before watching the clip I thought "yeah, anything half-decent gets compared to Jackie Chan" but I apologize for the cynicism. Good use of the environment and they even had comedy beats like the wave at the end.

I have to admit, him putting on the jacket after using it as a weapon was en pointe.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Samovar posted:

I have to admit, him putting on the jacket after using it as a weapon was en pointe.

That was the beat that got me fully on-board

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Samovar posted:

That's... Actually not bad.

It's just too bad they felt the need to cut to the guy with cell in the middle of the fight.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

It's anecdotal, but I have been seeing pretty lukewarm reactions to the Eternals trailer from people. They don't get who these people are, the idea that they're not helping defeat Thanos and stuff is confusing people and the enemies just being some kind of monster isn't really catching on. Marvel people know what's going on, whats with the deviants and the celestials, but i don't know where the trailer is failing to catch on with people who aren't familiar with that stuff. Seeing a Kirby Celestial is amazing to me, but I've seen people just being confused. Maybe this is getting into the esoteric marvel stuff that goes over peoples heads?

Also, whomever changed my avatar and text, you lost me my gang tags, and that's what really hurts.

I don’t know why they aren’t using the Neil Gaiman run where they have been mindwiped and are just around as ordinary humans until something happens and slowly slowly they start waking up. Makes a lot more sense then being cosmic jehovah witnesses

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Noob Saibot posted:

I don’t know why they aren’t using the Neil Gaiman run where they have been mindwiped and are just around as ordinary humans until something happens and slowly slowly they start waking up. Makes a lot more sense then being cosmic jehovah witnesses

That feels like a TV plot to me. I don’t think a movie could do it justice.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yakmouth posted:

That feels like a TV plot to me. I don’t think a movie could do it justice.

It was a much smaller scale story than a lot of Eternals stuff, great character building and a fantastic introduction for new readers, but the bombastic space opera took a backseat as a result until the very end. It also resulted in an Eternal who looks like an 11-year old kid being executed which would definitely not fly in the MCU.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sanschel posted:

It was a much smaller scale story than a lot of Eternals stuff, great character building and a fantastic introduction for new readers, but the bombastic space opera took a backseat as a result until the very end. It also resulted in an Eternal who looks like an 11-year old kid being executed which would definitely not fly in the MCU.

Makes for an interesting villain though and McU has never done a 1:1 literal adaptation of a comic storyline

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Alhazred posted:

It's just too bad they felt the need to cut to the guy with cell in the middle of the fight.
That's the "Do a flip!" guy from Spiderman Homecoming. When I recognized him, I googled it, and apparently it's meant to be the same character. So there's just a guy out there constantly running into superheroes, and I sort of like it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Slugworth posted:

That's the "Do a flip!" guy from Spiderman Homecoming. When I recognized him, I googled it, and apparently it's meant to be the same character. So there's just a guy out there constantly running into superheroes, and I sort of like it.

He's the new Stan Lee cameo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt-2cxAiPJk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The PS5 controller ad at the very end was kind of weird.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lightning.

Pumpkin Bombs.

Doc Ock.

They're actually doing it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Why does BenCum's hair look like it was glued on

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That’s a big rip for the vfx guy throwing his career away for a 1 day early release.

muscles like this! posted:

The PS5 controller ad at the very end was kind of weird.

Sony had that after the Ghostbusters trailer too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
the electricity is yellow. LET'S loving GO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxq9_cOEWGc

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm psyched. I can't believe I want to see Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s specific lines in that trailer that seem to confirm some very old leaks, so you have been warned. Probably ought to stay off twitter/reddit/etc for a few days if you care about spoilers.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I'm a dork and made dork noises.

gently caress yeah!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So the good news is, we have now confirmed an apparent law of the multiverse, which is that PETER PARKER SHOULD NEVER EVER MAKE THAT GODDAMN WISH, IT DOES NOT GO WELL, PETER

NOT ONCE

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm hyped but I also kinda don't like how it seems like Peter is getting sidelined yet again in his movie just this time it's Dr. Strange instead of Iron Man or the ghost of Iron Man*. Upside is Strange seems way more charming/fun than in any of his other appearances imo.

*And maybe the other two Spider-Men? Just let poor Tom Holland lead a drat film not shackled to another Marvel property.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 24, 2021

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
"Be careful what you wish for Parker...."

Ya know Strange, it sounds like a little bit of this is on you.

Really seems he would've been better off talking to Mephisto about this.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TwoPair posted:

I'm hyped but I also kinda don't like how it seems like Peter is getting sidelined yet again in his movie just this time it's Dr. Strange instead of Iron Man or the ghost of Iron Man*. Upside is Strange seems way more charming/fun than in any of his other appearances imo.

*And maybe the other two Spider-Men? Just let poor Tom Holland lead a drat film not shackled to another Marvel property.

People are also freaking out about (spoilered because maybe it's true but it's based on leaks/rumors and the trailer doesn't actually confirm it) Daredevil being in this movie because I guess Cox has signed on for 2 MCU appearances, so people are thinking it's this and She-Hulk. Twitter is going crazy with everyone assuming that the guy questioning Peter in custody with his head out of frame is Matt. Like, comparing the hands and arm hair of the guy in the trailer with Charlie Cox kind of crazy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It looks like he's wearing an all-black suit briefly about halfway through the trailer? I don't think it's the same one as the red and black one that shows up later.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This movie is going to be INCREDIBLY loving stupid with the fan service and I’m all for it

I want nothing more than Strange being a misdirect and it actually is Mephistopheles all along

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 24, 2021

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
The premise seems to rely on Peter and especially Strange both being extremely stupid, but maybe the way it plays out in the actual film will make more sense? idk

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Comic book adjacent but the movie Alan Moore wrote/stars in, The Show, is getting a one night theatrical showing in America this Thursday.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Parker and Strange are totally people who should not be messing with reality.

loving HYPED!!!!!!!

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Barry Convex posted:

The premise seems to rely on Peter and especially Strange both being extremely stupid, but maybe the way it plays out in the actual film will make more sense? idk

I think Peter gets a pass. Teenager being investigated for murder — happens to know an honest-to-god wizard who can gently caress around with time — why wouldn’t he swing by and ask for help?

The trailer doesn’t make Strange look too good, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Strange is kind of a dumbass though tbf

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CapnAndy posted:

So the good news is, we have now confirmed an apparent law of the multiverse, which is that PETER PARKER SHOULD NEVER EVER MAKE THAT GODDAMN WISH, IT DOES NOT GO WELL, PETER

NOT ONCE

Spider-Man: Home More Day

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks what if we get Bats the dog in this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That trailer looks great, MCU hype train back to full steam.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Now that tony is gone we need someone else to cause all of the problems in the mcu

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Speaking of Strange in the MCU, is he officially sorcerer supreme yet? Pretty sure he's just the master of the New York sanctum by the end of the first movie, so maybe the sequel is setting up the battle for the title?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CzarChasm posted:

Speaking of Strange in the MCU, is he officially sorcerer supreme yet? Pretty sure he's just the master of the New York sanctum by the end of the first movie, so maybe the sequel is setting up the battle for the title?

Then doing Triumph and Torment as a Strange movie and also introduction to Doom would own so hard.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Then doing Triumph and Torment as a Strange movie and also introduction to Doom would own so hard.

Yeah this is how I want Dr. Doom to show up. Or just be used.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

So Dafoe's Goblin will be in this and some of those scenes in the teaser are in and around the GW bridge :thunk:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Barry Convex posted:

magic makes people dumb as hell

conan knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Slugworth posted:

I think it's more like J.W. Pepper. A character that constantly turns up to ruin great moments.