Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
My guy is on death's door and my heir is going to get 4 titles: one kingdom, one duchy, two counties. I'm going to lose 12 other titles since I have so many sons. Anything I can do at the last minute?

Also, that heir is worse than the others. The best son is 3 or 4 down the line. I have reason to imprison the heir but would that cancel his inheritance? I could also disinherit but I imagine I'd just have to go with the next guy and not the absolute best.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

You would need to do a lot of disinheriting, or switch to elective real fast and hope you can win that election (which will still split up your titles)

Though people honestly make waaaay too big of a deal about title splitting, just let them split, the important thing is to make sure it splits in a way that doesn't look preposterous on the map.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
I'm just never going to get this Empire of Russia title. This was my best shot since he started young but I've been in this game for like 120 years or something. I'm up to 50 of the 71 counties.

LOL I died and of the 3 kingdoms I had this one with my capital at Kiev has the weakest army. Silly heir.

If I throw in the towel on this one and start another game, any recommendations? I played the Irish guy in the tutorial and then ~130 years of the Rurikids in Novogrod.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 22, 2021

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the key to forming Russia is blitzing as many kingdoms as possible, except for whatever the khazar’s own, and holding n-1 counties required to form the title. one you get a youngish ruler, start grabbing these kingdom titles until you can do the “invade kingdom cb” on the khazars.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

LOL I died and of the 3 kingdoms I had this one with my capital at Kiev has the weakest army. Silly heir.

If I throw in the towel on this one and start another game, any recommendations?

Build up the holdings in your capital, and that way your heir should always have a leg up. But I'm guessing you're still tribal as well, were your brothers landed way before your current heir? That would give them much longer to accumulate prestige, and thus give them a stronger army on paper (levies mostly don't matter).

Where you are is hardly non-recoverable either, you should probably stick with it. Go raid, build up some proper MaA, and then establish your supremacy by force.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

PittTheElder posted:

Build up the holdings in your capital, and that way your heir should always have a leg up. But I'm guessing you're still tribal as well, were your brothers landed way before your current heir? That would give them much longer to accumulate prestige, and thus give them a stronger army on paper (levies mostly don't matter).

Where you are is hardly non-recoverable either, you should probably stick with it. Go raid, build up some proper MaA, and then establish your supremacy by force.

I'm confused by holdings too. There are 5 or so spots in the county with the button that say create holding but I can't click it because it says there's no hiding to create. So then I'm just limited to the one holding and it's 4 building slots. Some have more building slots but says there are no buildings which is probably because there are only 4 to pick from? How does development level go up?

The brothers were getting the extra duchys from a young age.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

KingKapalone posted:

I'm confused by holdings too. There are 5 or so spots in the county with the button that say create holding but I can't click it because it says there's no hiding to create. So then I'm just limited to the one holding and it's 4 building slots. Some have more building slots but says there are no buildings which is probably because there are only 4 to pick from? How does development level go up?

Tribal counties can only a single temple as their extra barony I think, you'll want to build buildings in your capital tribe. Development goes up over time and because of councillor actions I think, but getting development as a tribe is hard.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
You can build new holdings in a county only once you're feudal.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

The extra building slots are for Duchy buildings (in the duchy capital, available once you're in the next age) and special buildings (which are usually hard-coded special locations and holy sites, Kiev and Novgorod both have those). All county capitals have four normal building slots. Sub-county baronies get three slots. New holding creation requires you to be non-Tribal. The exact buildings you can build are also fixed as a Tribal ruler.

Development goes up over time, your Steward has a mission to increase it, you can steal development for your capital through raiding, and Russia in particular gets a huge boost with the Found Russian Capital decision that will hugely increase development in either Kiev or Novgorod (Kiev is way better).

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

My guy is on death's door and my heir is going to get 4 titles: one kingdom, one duchy, two counties. I'm going to lose 12 other titles since I have so many sons. Anything I can do at the last minute?

Also, that heir is worse than the others. The best son is 3 or 4 down the line. I have reason to imprison the heir but would that cancel his inheritance? I could also disinherit but I imagine I'd just have to go with the next guy and not the absolute best.

Start killing your kids.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

Find some high-stewardship craven courtier without relatives and grant them your spare non-kingdom titles, then immediately imprison them. upon succession they'll remain an imprisoned vassal and you can execute them to receive the titles back

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Playing this game at a bar is reallt wierd but also works

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

verbal enema posted:

Playing this game at a bar is reallt wierd but also works

I cant even imagine. Even reading these forums on my phone gets total strangers to comment "you readin the matrix? DURHUURR" because i use the black and green text setting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Given the innovation bonus from being in a cultural mix, should I even try to convert, say, the 60% of counties that didn't convert to the English culture?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Speaking of killing your sons, have any of you ever gotten the event where one of your nobles (could be your son and heir) murder a random person on a hunting event? Where they'll try to buy you off and claim that a wolf did it? And you'll get the option to either get a hook on the character or expose them as a murderer? I don't remember if it's tied to a trait or to having high intrigue but an option that sometimes appears is something along the lines of "It's a shame the wolf got you too." with the result of "[other character] Dies." Even if it's someone you normally can't murder. No saving throw.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Veryslightlymad posted:

Speaking of killing your sons, have any of you ever gotten the event where one of your nobles (could be your son and heir) murder a random person on a hunting event? Where they'll try to buy you off and claim that a wolf did it? And you'll get the option to either get a hook on the character or expose them as a murderer? I don't remember if it's tied to a trait or to having high intrigue but an option that sometimes appears is something along the lines of "It's a shame the wolf got you too." with the result of "[other character] Dies." Even if it's someone you normally can't murder. No saving throw.
Yup. I wonder what triggers it, because I used to get it quite regularly. Helpful if you want to skip one generation and have a grandchild as a heir.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
It's just a random hunt event. You need to be on a hunt with your player_heir, and they'll accidentally murder a peasant. Happens frequently enough that I stop going on hunts if I really like my player_heir.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
What do I do with all these hooks? I was an intrigue guy and my spymaster would go find secrets and when he didn't find any I could pay for him to make one and get a hook. It was always just some random courtier. I'll see times when a hook on someone I'm marrying a daughter to would be useful so I could make it matrilineal (when it's close, sometimes it's -945 or something), but I've never had a hook in this instance.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

That event seems to trigger every other hunt for me.

Once it was a hare that they were claiming did the killing. I replied too bad the hare got you both. Apparently nobody in my kingdom knew what a hare was.

KingKapalone posted:

What do I do with all these hooks? I was an intrigue guy and my spymaster would go find secrets and when he didn't find any I could pay for him to make one and get a hook. It was always just some random courtier. I'll see times when a hook on someone I'm marrying a daughter to would be useful so I could make it matrilineal (when it's close, sometimes it's -945 or something), but I've never had a hook in this instance.

Get the first perk in the left hand tree in Stewardship and you can turn them into gold.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

SlothBear posted:

That event seems to trigger every other hunt for me.

Once it was a hare that they were claiming did the killing. I replied too bad the hare got you both. Apparently nobody in my kingdom knew what a hare was.

Get the first perk in the left hand tree in Stewardship and you can turn them into gold.

You sure it said hare and not hart? I mean, a Monty Python reference wouldn't be surprising, but usually they aren't subtle.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Unreal_One posted:

You sure it said hare and not hart? I mean, a Monty Python reference wouldn't be surprising, but usually they aren't subtle.

No it was definitely hare. I think it uses whatever animal you were chasing, I've seen hart and wolf too.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

So there I was out hunting alongside my dear friend the earl of Hastings, when suddenly he tells me of my wife's terrible secret. It turns out she's loving the earl of Hastings.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Freudian slippers posted:

So there I was out hunting alongside my dear friend the earl of Hastings, when suddenly he tells me of my wife's terrible secret. It turns out she's loving the earl of Hastings.

"too bad the wolf got you both"

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

The whole "characters intriguing against themselves" thing is weird and seems like it should be easily fixable. Like just write "if target = you, abort". But maybe it's intended behavior.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Freudian slippers posted:

Did you make fun of his love of shrimp?.
https://youtu.be/vGaHqk2NJPI?t=24

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Raskolnikov38 posted:

"too bad the wolf got you both"

On one hand, I'm somewhat miffed by the cucking, but you've got to admire the man's honesty and integrity.

E:

Reveilled posted:

Did you make fun of his love of shrimp?.
https://youtu.be/vGaHqk2NJPI?t=24

Listen, if you'd only seen how he stuffed his face at the feast...

E2: gently caress it, I'm gonna befriend him. We're gonna be bros :hfive:

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 23, 2021

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

I once planted evidence that I was sleeping with my wife, which stressed me out, but then later I lost that stress when I realized it was fake.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

crusader kings 3 - Speaking of killing your sons,

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Anyone here play the Rhomaioi mod? I started a 867 Kameteros game in Crimea, but since it and Zaporizhia are not de jure part of the empire I didn’t really get to do any interactions with the extra stuff until I took the empire for myself in a “Usurper” war 300 years later. I really like the new government type. But I’m not really sure, now that I’m emperor, how interactions with the senate work. Aside from the option for disbanding them for 10,000 prestige.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is there a mod to turn this into Sengoku 2?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is there a mod to turn this into Sengoku 2?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2253278582

Haven't actually checked it out, so no promises on completeness or quality

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Has anyone managed to get this to run well on OS X? I've got a 2018 MacBook Pro that meets the system reqs and it runs lovely on low settings. When I boot the machine into Windows 10 it runs very smooth on high settings. One year since launch it's pretty disappointing that the game still runs poorly on supposedly supported hardware.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Bold Robot posted:

Has anyone managed to get this to run well on OS X? I've got a 2018 MacBook Pro that meets the system reqs and it runs lovely on low settings. When I boot the machine into Windows 10 it runs very smooth on high settings. One year since launch it's pretty disappointing that the game still runs poorly on supposedly supported hardware.

It runs well on my ~2014 Macbook Pro, but I have to play on minimum resolution (1440x900), otherwise it chugs. If it runs that much better with Windows then frankly I'm jealous T.T

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Bold Robot posted:

Runs pretty well on my M1 mini. At launch I had to lower the graphics a bit to get a decent framerate but it seems updates have been kind.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.

Managed to grab this achievement almost by accident tonight. I'm not even sure how I ended up with a dynasty member on Byzantium's throne. Most of the rest of the kingdoms were crusader states in the middle east; I just had to assassinate a king or two in Europe to secure the last few thrones. I only noticed I was so close because of how much renown I was generating.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Jesus Christ what even is that Italy. I don't understand how they shipped this game with Exclave Independence that messed up, let alone not fixing it a year later

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Everything east of France exploded about 100 years ago, it seriously looks like a Shattered World start from CK2. Just now a handful of kingdoms are starting to blob up.

Spreading my dynasty everywhere has definitely caused some weird inheritance shenanigans as well. My daughter and heir is also going to inherit West Francia when their king dies. And of course Britain is looking a bit more purple than normal.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Good god what even is that world

Did you mess with the game rules or did that happen with the default settings?

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

I don't remember the exact settings but it is with a rule set that enables achievements so I don't think I tweaked any rules too seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Brits-antine Empire.