Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
E: randomly googled fur tax
https://i.imgur.com/fJTALJb.mp4

#TeamCominarty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Thoguh posted:

Now that the vaccine has fill FDA approval, COVID is more over than it has ever been before.

Now more than ever.
In these uncertain times.
Together. Apart.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

text editor posted:

real branding fuckup here, not calling it spikevax and distributing it in those clear vials vs something more akin to a monster energy can

monster energy branding is so 2000s, nowadays the key to medicinal branding is to put a picture of a happy, healthy horse on the side of the tube

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1429810658564927497

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

It's actually dogs, hth

shut the gently caress up bitch

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

they've got one joke and it's so dumb and tired

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

It's the perfect meldling of transphobia and medical decision s gone wrong. The singularity has been reached :allears:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

🤣🤣🤣

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

a helpful bear posted:

glad to hear it! never thought i would praise kids bringing home normal garbage to spread around the house, but we had this with our 4 year old that had a runny nose a few weeks ago. test was negative, he just probably picked up crap from surfaces

12 hours earlier his brother told us the kid who sits next to him at school has been out for a couple of days with COVID. While hovering over my face and breathing into my eyes like 6 year olds do

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crunchy Black posted:

Yeah, no, antivax"ism" is not a deeply held belief. Get the national guard out and start holding CHUDs at gunpoint until vaccinated.

We haven't had a Waco in awhile.

we are well down the path to white supremacy being a "sincerely held belief" and getting full Constitutional protection.

I dont even think its that "wrong". The constitution is just garbage.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Comirnaty sounds like some suburban baby name the mom picked using a combination of astrology and a dubious blog post about traditional Celtic mysticism

Sad Billionaire fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 23, 2021

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It Begins

https://twitter.com/elizashapiro/status/1429798201213730816

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

148K is a huge number of employees loving hell

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wrex Ruckus posted:

🤣🤣🤣

The boomer smiley.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Anyone know of a doctor in the Louisiana area willing to administer IV ivermectin with a court order at a hospital that doesn’t provide this treatment? This particular hospital is out of their main component drug, so the patient is not receiving part of their protocol and they still won’t administer ivermectin. Patient has been declining and is now VENTED

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao a court order

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Otter_Sauce posted:

It's the perfect meldling of transphobia and medical decision s gone wrong. The singularity has been reached :allears:

how about the FDA account participating in the One Joke?

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429080398999531523

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Nothus posted:

I didn't know "autogenocide" was an actual word until now.

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So I polled my trump fan. co workers and not a single one is getting the vaccine.

Their main excuse was Pfizer is a experimental vaccine.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Otter_Sauce posted:

Yo is he on a ventilator? Or is he just slinging it at the hospital taking extra oxy. Also what's he sayn now that the man is eating his words?

I don't know. The only way I know is our manager sent out and email that he was in the hospital with breathing problems. I don't even have this guy's number, he's not a friend of mine. Just some dude with loud/wrong opinions everytime covid came up in a call. My guess is he denies it to the end.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

etalian posted:

So I polled my trump fan. co workers and not a single one is getting the vaccine.

It's not experimental anymore, bitches. Time to move those goalposts.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

everything is an experiment it u think about it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

etalian posted:

when you've got no beliefs or principles besides oppositional defiant disorder, it's easy to change your justification on a dime.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I know the origin of HQC was that one study that suggested it might be efficacious as a therapeutic and then Trump and the rest of the Fox News Cinematic Universe signal-boosted it. But how did horse medication become the new go-to miracle cure for COVID - which also doesn't need a cure anyway because it's both not real and if it is real it's only as bad as the flu.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1429815545323470848

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

etalian posted:

My co-worker brought up that the trials weren’t estimated to end until May 2023 and sent me this as a reference

I’m not confident enough to speak about how clinical trials work. Being just an estimated date, Is 9 months early something that usually happens?

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 23, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nothus posted:

It's not experimental anymore, bitches. Time to move those goalposts.

I pretty much knew they would move goalpost after fda approved Pfizer

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So I know the origin of HQC was that one study that suggested it might be efficacious as a therapeutic and then Trump and the rest of the Fox News Cinematic Universe signal-boosted it. But how did horse medication become the new go-to miracle cure for COVID - which also doesn't need a cure anyway because it's both not real and if it is real it's only as bad as the flu.

there was a study that showed it killed sars-cov2 in vitro in large doses

but so does bleach. pissing on it would probably also kill it. drink ur own piss to own covid and the libs

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

MANG

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahahahaha

Let the crying commence

https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1429799406048616454

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!

etalian posted:

I pretty much knew they would move goalpost after fda approved Pfizer

The new argument I've seen is "I don't have anything against vaccines, I just don't like the mandate" and still not get it. There will always be an excuse to these people

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

we are well down the path to white supremacy being a "sincerely held belief" and getting full Constitutional protection.

I dont even think its that "wrong". The constitution is just garbage.

drat, hadn't put it that far down the line, but you're absolutely right.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

etalian posted:

I tried explaining the difference between 'experimental' and 'emergency use' to my chud co-worker and it went about as well as you'd expect

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I've been speaking to a few people here in Australia today and it's becoming super clear that people just haven't been paying attention to this whole 'pandemic' deal even if they're pro-vax and pro-mask and concerned about case numbers and all that. One person was asking about advice on having to enter a Tier 2 exposure suburb for a medical appointment and whether they would have to go into isolation afterwards and I had to explain to them that the exposure sites are only the listed venues and not the entire suburb, and the exposure warning wasn't ongoing and people only had to test & isolate if they'd attended the venue at the same time as the known infected person. (The exposure site list always includes the exact venue and the exact times the infected people were present but I guess they just heard a snippet of a news report and didn't check the actual list.) Another person said she'd been given a two layer cloth mark and was asking about where she could buy filter inserts so I went into the whole spiel about N95/KN95/KF94/P100s and how the insert filters are usually PM2.5 "pollution filters" and not great for covid protection and she said she had to wear the mask as part of her uniform. Looks like her new workplace bought lovely matching cloth masks for everyone but didn't bother supplying the actual part that might give them some slight protection.

Person #1 is a nurse and person #2 works for a school, I would have hoped they would have been better informed about covid stuff ....

Also the conspiracy theorists have been scouring social media for reports about any kids suddenly dying and then telling everyone it was because they'd been vaccinated, and then having to walk it back when people who actually knew the kid set them straight:

https://twitter.com/Virg2101/status/1429635792104611840

In this specific case I've already seen talk about how the parents have been SILENCED by the government as well as talk about taking action outside the school and handing out flyers so everyone can know THE TRUTH so it looks like the grieving parents and the grieving schoolkids might be harassed by internet nutters soon

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

These Facebook groups are a goldmine of content

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

tenderjerk posted:

The new argument I've seen is "I don't have anything against vaccines, I just don't like the mandate" and still not get it. There will always be an excuse to these people

absolutely. i also think we'll hear a lot of "yeah, but it got full approval way too fast!"

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

nexous posted:

there was a study that showed it killed sars-cov2 in vitro in large doses

but so does bleach. pissing on it would probably also kill it. drink ur own piss to own covid and the libs

HQC is at least people-medicine so I can kind of get why they were experimenting with it, but why the gently caress were scientists even testing horse anti-parasite medication on COVID in the first place?

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

tenderjerk posted:

I've seen a couple :effort: arguments where they don't even bother to move the goalposts and just claim that the FDA approval is bogus because the vaccine is 'still untested'

because I guess they were just dicking around for 8 months :shrug:

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I don't know. The only way I know is our manager sent out and email that he was in the hospital with breathing problems. I don't even have this guy's number, he's not a friend of mine. Just some dude with loud/wrong opinions everytime covid came up in a call. My guess is he denies it to the end.

Mmm that is quite sad. I am of the mind that I really loving hate all this denialism but I also am not super hyped to hear about people suffering because I know that they are not the only ones suffering and that it's often those who were powerless to prevent their situations(ie kids, immigrants, etc...) Tis a lovely life to have when your stuck in a echo chamber so insulated that ones reality is just not even comparable to another's. What fear, these people must feel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Anyone know of a doctor in the Louisiana area willing to administer IV ivermectin with a court order at a hospital that doesn’t provide this treatment? This particular hospital is out of their main component drug, so the patient is not receiving part of their protocol and they still won’t administer ivermectin. Patient has been declining and is now VENTED

do what huh