Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My recollection of what he (Groverat) said was something to the effect of “I can’t imagine how frightened Sandusky must be right now,” like, in an empathetic way. That was a an odd thing to say first thing out of the gate in regard to that scandal, but I wouldn’t say that it was tantamount to apologia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Coco13 posted:

Dude had like 30 carries in total, that’s a Butch Jones issue not your memory.

He had a little over 200 over 2 seasons and somehow had less carries his second.

He averaged just over 6ypc.

74 catches and averaged just over nine ypc.

To put more of a “what the gently caress” on it, in 2016, Jalen Hurd had 122 carries to Kamara’s 103. Kamara played in 11 games to Hurd’s 7.

what the fuuuuuuck

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

General Dog posted:

My recollection of what he (Groverat) said was something to the effect of “I can’t imagine how frightened Sandusky must be right now,” like, in an empathetic way. That was a an odd thing to say first thing out of the gate in regard to that scandal, but I wouldn’t say that it was tantamount to apologia.

Yeah I think it requires archives but here it is

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3447460&pagenumber=9&perpage=40#post397326307

quote:

When people like stuart scott irl come in to repeatedly assert their own (unchallenged) moral conviction and fortitude, it makes me question their moral conviction and fortitude.

EVIL PEOPLE - GOOD PEOPLE - I AM GOOD PEOPLE

The PDF is disturbing, and it's pretty goddam easy to see how this all shook out. Sandusky is a deeply insecure and terrified human being. I wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself, and if it's a pound of flesh you want from him, then be sated by the fact that he has lived much of his life in mortal terror of both his own desires and the society that wants to crush him for those desires.

loving hell.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

A...slightly questionable post on Jerry Sandusky when that news broke.

By slightly I mean :psyboom: level pedophilia defense.

I always thought it was the WE'RE TEXAS stuff, which was hilarious.

e: yikes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

I know its your thing to minimize condemnation of sex crimes of all sorts but that post came after we knew enough to know what a monster Sandusky was and...really just go to hell with this stuff. He was apologizing for Jerry Sandusky wanting to assault children because he couldn't control himself, that was the post.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
it wasn't just that groverat said that he was sad about Sandusky being scared he also strongly implied that Sandusky couldn't help himself so people shouldn't be so quick to judge. It was really gross. Also he sucked generally so he didn't get any benefit of the doubt. There was a lot of mod stuff I would do differently now but that one isn't on the list.

E: beaten

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

In any event, I guess he’s out of the clink in early 2023

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
OK now I had groverat and Vilerat mixed up, and god knows I lose a few more brain cells and grover will be in the mix somewhere too.

Groverat was a Texas shitposter, wasn't he?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
You know I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about when Vilerat's is up

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

OK now I had groverat and Vilerat mixed up, and god knows I lose a few more brain cells and grover will be in the mix somewhere too.

Ah okay I thought the Hillary thing was just a funny non sequitur.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Didn't he also used to say weird stuff about recruits that earned him a rep mostly as a joke about a bad poster but also not great to have when you wanna make the bad post in question

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

GD_American posted:

Groverat was a Texas shitposter, wasn't he?

Yes, Groverat had a half-Case McCoy and half-David Ash avatar last we saw him.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

MourningView posted:

laughing at Xhosa girls from above

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Didn't he also used to say weird stuff about recruits that earned him a rep mostly as a joke about a bad poster but also not great to have when you wanna make the bad post in question

My recollection is that it was fairly normal by the standards of people who get really invested in recruiting (which can admittedly be pretty weird and gross) but the combination of people exaggerating to make fun of him followed by that post made it seem extra bad in hindsight

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Well, less than a week now until we can all have a good laugh at Nebraska getting beat by Illinois.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

:(

I need to buy a new av for this season to support these old forums. Or I could shitpost in D&D to get the loonies' pocketbooks open and save myself a fiver.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Rectal Placenta posted:

Well, less than a week now until we can all have a good laugh at Nebraska getting beat by Illinois.

One of the nice things about a complete loss of hope is that no part of me expects Nebraska to win against Illinois. And Frost has emerged as enough of a heel that I can sorta enjoy watching him implode. I do feel bad for the guys on the team though, it seems like a miserable situation.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Seaniqua posted:

One of the nice things about a complete loss of hope is that no part of me expects Nebraska to win against Illinois. And Frost has emerged as enough of a heel that I can sorta enjoy watching him implode. I do feel bad for the guys on the team though, it seems like a miserable situation.

I dunno mean, Illinois is really bad. Nebraska beat Penn State last year!!!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I have to admit, I thought the Frost hire was a slam dunk at the time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I was very upset UF whiffed on him.

I was also excited for the Muschamp hire. I'm LeeMajors and I know jackshit about football.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol I rationalized Dooley, Butch and Pruitt and now I’m doing the same with Heupel although I’ve definitely been more reserved with him this time around

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol, I completely forgot Heupel is now the coach of Tennessee

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

heupel’s offense is literally just mickey mouse gently caress it i’m goin deep so i’m excited to see how that plays out in the sec

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Declan MacManus posted:

heupel’s offense is literally just mickey mouse gently caress it i’m goin deep so i’m excited to see how that plays out in the sec

It set the QB TD record at the time the first time around.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

Worked pretty well when he was OC of Mizzou

At the very least we’ll hopefully score more than the 20pts ppg we did last year.

It’ll also be nice to not have a meme coach for a while.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

The SEC is changing in that regard though. Bama slings it all over the place, LSU did it 2 years ago and tried to do it last year, Mullen did it at UF last year to great success, Leach is Leach, and Smart seems like he wants Monken to open it up at UGA. The ground and pound days are long gone.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I would say that Saban adjusting to modern offenses and getting one of his own when it became clear he couldn't continue dominating with a ball control offense and a defense that won him games is probably the best coaching adjustment anyone's ever made in my lifetime

Like you genuinely just would not expect a CFB coach to sign off on that radical a change in a program he had been that successful at, or at least I wouldn't have

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fast cars loose anus posted:

I would say that Saban adjusting to modern offenses and getting one of his own when it became clear he couldn't continue dominating with a ball control offense and a defense that won him games is probably the best coaching adjustment anyone's ever made in my lifetime

Like you genuinely just would not expect a CFB coach to sign off on that radical a change in a program he had been that successful at, or at least I wouldn't have

Yeah, just more proof Saban is probably the best that will ever be.

The other one would be Swinney realizing his considerable tactical limitations, accepting that cheerleading and recruiting are his strengths, and paying the gently caress out of great coordinators after he lures a bunch of impressionable teenagers to upstate South Carolina. It's incredible to think how close he was to getting fired because he couldn't keep his loving hands off the offense. It sounds so simple but so many coaches gently caress it up badly (MUSCHAMP YOU gently caress).

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rectal Placenta posted:

i love the fuckin big ten west

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah. It helps when you are loaded everywhere with 5 star recruits too.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I thought he'd do a lot better, like James Franklin levels of success.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Football next week :toot::toot::toot:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Football next week :toot::toot::toot:

This weekend! Kinda!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Man, I can’t believe it’s almost here. Can’t wait to see how disparate the competencies of the Florida offense and defense can be!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

The SEC is changing in that regard though. Bama slings it all over the place, LSU did it 2 years ago and tried to do it last year, Mullen did it at UF last year to great success, Leach is Leach, and Smart seems like he wants Monken to open it up at UGA. The ground and pound days are long gone.

2019 UGA should be standard viewing for any coach unwilling to take this next step. Dawgs had 5-star talent you dream about everywhere, the best OL in the biz, a historically great defense, and the ploddy, fart-in-the-mud ball-control offense got them beat by loving South Carolina, humiliated in the SECCG, and generally unable to perform watchable football.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Nebraska @ Illinois on the 28th is not how I would've started the season, but I'll take it. :toot:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, just more proof Saban is probably the best that will ever be.

The other one would be Swinney realizing his considerable tactical limitations, accepting that cheerleading and recruiting are his strengths, and paying the gently caress out of great coordinators after he lures a bunch of impressionable teenagers to upstate South Carolina. It's incredible to think how close he was to getting fired because he couldn't keep his loving hands off the offense. It sounds so simple but so many coaches gently caress it up badly (MUSCHAMP YOU gently caress).

This is pretty much the James Franklin blueprint also, but he's been less successful at it because he's only had one good OC. But maybe Mike Yurcich is the guy to put the program over the top. At least until he gets a HC job somewhere in 2 or 3 years. QB coaching has been very underwhelming since Franklin took over. He's recruited some 4* QBs, none of which have really emerged as top tier players. Trace McSorley was a good player whose tenaciousness overcame his physical limitations, and he was helped a lot by having Saquon Barkley two years and Miles Sanders his senior year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

This is pretty much the James Franklin blueprint also, but he's been less successful at it because he's only had one good OC. But maybe Mike Yurcich is the guy to put the program over the top. At least until he gets a HC job somewhere in 2 or 3 years. QB coaching has been very underwhelming since Franklin took over. He's recruited some 4* QBs, none of which have really emerged as top tier players. Trace McSorley was a good player whose tenaciousness overcame his physical limitations, and he was helped a lot by having Saquon Barkley two years and Miles Sanders his senior year.

Yeah you have to make good hires, and Dabo has had good instincts on that sort of thing.

I think he's a tremendous goober with lovely views but the man proved to be a malleable coach and was smart enough to play to his strengths.

It's remarkable to think about watching 3 win Clemson teams in the 90s and how far they've come. Obviously Tommy Bowden built a pretty solid recruiting foundation that Dabo continued and turned it up to 11.

I'm still salty we lost to Spiller to them. :smith:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Child abuse :chloe: