Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So I know the origin of HQC was that one study that suggested it might be efficacious as a therapeutic and then Trump and the rest of the Fox News Cinematic Universe signal-boosted it. But how did horse medication become the new go-to miracle cure for COVID - which also doesn't need a cure anyway because it's both not real and if it is real it's only as bad as the flu.

In the early days of the epidemic, clinicians were trying everything that had some kind of anti-viral or anti-inflammatory effect to treat severe covid, including ivermectin. There may be something to it, but the data sits right on the edge of significance in the believable studies and is all over the place in the lovely ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

HQC is at least people-medicine so I can kind of get why they were experimenting with it, but why the gently caress were scientists even testing horse anti-parasite medication on COVID in the first place?

There was a TWIV episode a long time ago last year where they were talking about exploratory ivermectin research. The big takeaway was that even if there was a therapeutic benefit, it'd be in doses much, much, much higher than any human would ever be prescribed or tolerate.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If you’ve had covid and had
Low O2 stats did you continue to treat at home and ‘wait it out’? Hubby is on day 11 and says he is fine. Stats staying around 90-93 but will drop In the 80’s with any exertion. I’m a nervous mess and he is over here not concerned.

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

HiHo ChiRho posted:

These Facebook groups are a goldmine of content

"In the end, it never even matter.........". But fo real tho, I wonder how these peeps gonna deal with their employers mandating vaccines and poo poo because that's where I see the most turnaround. Sometimes people are just plain lazy and if they meet a force so over powering, they will change their mind just because it's easier. Right now, denialism is still a loving easy stance to take and live with.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
just putting this out there for you child havers

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1429810670586011648?s=21

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
can someone do me a favor and quote business gorilla's last post itt i have wfh computer toucher jobs he can add to his list

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HiHo ChiRho posted:

These Facebook groups are a goldmine of content

I think the Sleepy Joe whitehouse thinking FDA BLA turning around vaccination rates around is really optimistic given how dumb the US has gotten over the last 20 years.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

HQC is at least people-medicine so I can kind of get why they were experimenting with it, but why the gently caress were scientists even testing horse anti-parasite medication on COVID in the first place?

It’s also an anti-inflammatory

gregday
May 23, 2003

Spikevax should come in a container like this

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

HiHo ChiRho posted:

If you’ve had covid and had
Low O2 stats did you continue to treat at home and ‘wait it out’? Hubby is on day 11 and says he is fine. Stats staying around 90-93 but will drop In the 80’s with any exertion. I’m a nervous mess and he is over here not concerned.

My O2 sats have never seriously recovered lol

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

ivermectin is legitimately used on people, too. but the answer is they threw everything at the wall to see what stuck

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otter_Sauce posted:

"In the end, it never even matter.........". But fo real tho, I wonder how these peeps gonna deal with their employers mandating vaccines and poo poo because that's where I see the most turnaround. Sometimes people are just plain lazy and if they meet a force so over powering, they will change their mind just because it's easier. Right now, denialism is still a loving easy stance to take and live with.

I could see DeSantis and other chud governors pulling a "no u" and saying they'll subsidize wages of anyone fired for refusing the vaccine

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OPEN THE VAXXGATES

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

its similar mentality to whatever pfizer anti-viral is speeding towards phase 2 clinicial trials right now

people are dusting off a bunch of molecules (both approved and experimental) with various anti-viral properties or COVID-specific inhibitions and testing them against the virus in vitro. Good stuff moves forward, occasionally pre-print invitro studies leak and its a currently in use drug for something else (ivermectin) and people go insane.

please note, we have cured nearly every disease known to man in vitro and in animals. human studies are wildly different and why you should treat any data pre-clinical with a grain of salt.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

obviously the answer is to never try to understand a chud with brain worms, but it is literally insane to think they are convinced taking an animal dewormer is an any way more legitimate than an FDA approved vaccine given to like hundreds of millions of people.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Crazyweasel posted:

obviously the answer is to never try to understand a chud with brain worms, but it is literally insane to think they are convinced taking an animal dewormer is an any way more legitimate than an FDA approved vaccine given to like hundreds of millions of people.

This is nothing new, my dad was an old school off-the-grid 1970s hippie who believed real medicine was fake and you could be healed through a grains-only diet, colloidal silver, and kombucha.

(he died at 46 from a treatable brain tumor lol)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

Someone from Church me about it...

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

OPEN THE VAXXGATES

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Crazyweasel posted:

Government bad, my Facebook feed good

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1429808635086057473

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is nothing new, my dad was an old school off-the-grid 1970s hippie who believed real medicine was fake and you could be healed through a grains-only diet, colloidal silver, and kombucha.

(he died at 46 from a treatable brain tumor lol)

ur dad was steve jobs lol

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Crazyweasel posted:

Just got off of a 3 day ban.

Question-with ivermectin getting more popular and getting harder to find, I’m looking for alternatives.

I recently purchased a nebulizer and HP 3%, and I brew colloidal silver. My plan is to use it in the desktop machine when Me and kids get sick. I’ve never used any of this stuff before. Never had any need. I also take vitamin D, zinc, melatonin, magnesium, quercitin, and a liquid multi vitamin. I’ve also started drinking flat tonic water with quinine. Bleh.. lol.

I’ve also gone back to my childhood and picked up a jump rope, getting my heart rate up and feeling good.

Will this be enough? I’m built pretty strong naturally so just curious. What else do I need if ivy is removed from the shelves?

Also, has anyone seen the autopsy out of Singapore recommending Aspirin as the main treatment for Covid? Thoughts?

Goes without saying, but I’m not a doctor, just looking for opinions.

Apr 7, 2003

Long and short there was an old book called Back to Eden that advocated ignoring modern medicine and doing fruitarian diets and poo poo that got super popular and the late sixties / seventies and spawned generations of anti-vax / anti-medicine loonies.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

every loving story about "IS A NEW MOLECULE ABOUT TO CURE ALZHEIMERS???" is about invitro poo poo that is literally meaningless and there to juice stock prices hth

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

the Communists are trying to scare us into another shutdown with all these outrageous stats, but the rebellion continues and is stronger than ever - fight back!

Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

ur dad was steve jobs lol

probably got his poo poo from the same place jerbs did

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

fair point about that things can dramatically change in human studies, but it's pretty disingenuous to compare the pfizer protease inhibitor to HCQ. that inhibitor is like the full force of pfizer medchem designing against the SARS protease

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
fuckin great

https://twitter.com/cliffordlevy/status/1429796257493553162?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

even if it was "rushed" what does that mean lol

when you have to poop you sometimes rush to the bathroom. does that mean you didnt have to poop???>?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I dont know her but i am assuming horrible liberal?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Big pharma is hiding the truth and just trying to make more money with less effective experimental drugs

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

All naty mf!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Otter_Sauce posted:

Yeah, what I'll be watching for this week is how many organizations and employers announce they'll be mandating vaccination now that at least one shot has full FDA approval.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
if I had a kid under 12 right now I would 100% be doctor shopping to find someone willing to jab them off label

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Ivermectin is also people medicine given to millions of people in low doses just fine. The problem is a ton of people are buying the horse version instead of getting a doctor to prescribe them a safe, low dose just in case it helps , because they think going way higher on dose makes it a cure

Imagine if bcg was at the farm store and you used a 100x sized shot for a horse and people were like hell, why not

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Crunchy Black posted:

My O2 sats have never seriously recovered lol

wtf

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1429821919008804864

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good Citizen posted:

if I had a kid under 12 right now I would 100% be doctor shopping to find someone willing to jab them off label

I'm calling my pediatrician right now

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

I dont know her but i am assuming horrible liberal?

listen, she's saved hundreds, maybe thousansds of lives, by analyzing the connection between evidence of policy or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ahhhhhhh

there it is. was a DoD push.