Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Citizen posted:

if I had a kid under 12 right now I would 100% be doctor shopping to find someone willing to jab them off label

I wonder if Urgent Care centers would give less of a poo poo - might want to try there

CVS MinuteClinics have prescribers on site and a full array of vaccines IIRC

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
me, analyizng evidence and policy: can't believe how many lives I'm saving

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

you can't spell 'analysis' without 'anal'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I dont know her but i am assuming horrible liberal?

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1384304239959105536
https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1384358217547980803
https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1357819017357099012

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lol I'm actually gonna just drop by my ped's office in full respirator and ask them personally

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
should tell us something that the institutional media is basically full speed ahead on open biden

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Louisgod posted:

me, analyizng shitposting and the mods: can't believe how many lives I'm saving

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao isnt that first tweet Delta?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Larry Hogan's like "nice approval you got there, but uh...I'm not mandating poo poo"

https://twitter.com/GovLarryHogan/status/1429817454260367366

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

lmao isnt that first tweet Delta?

yes, B1617 is Delta

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My god

She is Fact Check Incarnate

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

yes, B1617 is Delta

Holy loving lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Real Mean Queen posted:

That's good advice for an individual, but it's not really a solution to a broad problem like "hospitals can turn you away because they're mad at you now." Whenever American society develops a new situation where it's okay to kill people, it ends up killing a lot more people than it's theoretically supposed to on paper. Pointing the it's okay to kill these guys sign at half the country is a loving bad plan.

nothing has actually changed with regard to normal procedures for getting a transplant, which always include preconditions relating to the recipient’s ability to accommodate and care for the new organ. you might say this is evidence of it being systemically discriminatory overall, but nothing new has been introduced, nobody has made any signs about killing people, and hospitals aren’t mad at you (wtf?)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"there is no proof that Delta will cause a second pandemic wave" :smug:

"What the gently caress is your level of proof??? what evidence do you need?1!???"

"Well we would need to see Delta causing a second pandemic wave"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

Schnorkles posted:

ahhhhhhh

there it is. was a DoD push.

Well, the DoD did purchase 500m pfizer doses like a month ago

Mandatory vaxx is coming :jackbud:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the osters are multiplying

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine vaccinated people getting a wrist band that they could scan to prove vaccination

The federal government absolutely could not pull that off

this bar allows entry to non-wristbanded individuals only

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

May 2021 "Fact check: Delta has not caused a pandemic" lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
zeynep fuckitall

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
At this point I won't listen to anyone that argues against anything eric dangol-dang says

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

should tell us something that the institutional media is basically full speed ahead on open biden

That they are stupid idiots that have failed upwards their whole lives?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/erinmdurkin/status/1429824439680655367

:wtf:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Why not just install a 5g microchip when getting the vaccine so that you can prove you've been vaxxed by passing a vax detecting magnet wand over your body? Ever think of that, bitch?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fireside Nut posted:

jesus christ. can any doctor goons make me feel better about getting a booster now. did i just royally gently caress up

You're fine. I got a cheeky booster last week with no side-effects except a light fever and some bodyaches.

This thread is good, but you have to regulate so you don't end up getting so anxious that you scare yourself into inaction.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/erinmdurkin/status/1429825857619730441

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

nothing has actually changed with regard to normal procedures for getting a transplant, which always include preconditions relating to the recipient’s ability to accommodate and care for the new organ. you might say this is evidence of it being systemically discriminatory overall, but nothing new has been introduced, nobody has made any signs about killing people, and hospitals aren’t mad at you (wtf?)

The quoted tweet was about denying care entirely though

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

how about the FDA account participating in the One Joke?

https://twitter.com/US_FDA/status/1429080398999531523

in 2022 the republicans win both houses of Congress. during a meeting of the new House Un-American Activities Committee, Rep. Boebert holds a printout of this tweet as evidence that DSA has infiltrated the FDA.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/alexstamos/status/1429826331265572867

DO IT

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Thoguh posted:

That they are stupid idiots that have failed upwards their whole lives?

generally think that capital is spooked about another slowdown and what it does to a lot of entrenched companies.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
I made this as a joke and then right as I finished I realized the only difference between this and an actual anti-vaxx meme is that it hasn't been artifacted to poo poo by facebook

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

VomitOnLino posted:

I’m with Crackle Ping, but I gotta say the Y axis ending at 80% made me chuckle.
But FFS, stop screwing with the axes of charts to get your point across.

Truncating the Y-axis to highlight a significant change is completely legit. There are lots of data sets where it'd be effectively impossible to see very significant deviations if you put the Y-axis at zero, and that's actually a super common tactic with climate change deniers.

Going to 80% was definitely a choice here but it's not automatically deceptive to start somewhere other than zero

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

HiHo ChiRho posted:

If you’ve had covid and had
Low O2 stats did you continue to treat at home and ‘wait it out’? Hubby is on day 11 and says he is fine. Stats staying around 90-93 but will drop In the 80’s with any exertion. I’m a nervous mess and he is over here not concerned.

First, I'm not a doctor.

From what I understand, he's going to want to start getting supplemental oxygen if he drops into the high-80's while resting, but like everyone else this kinda depends on his physiology. Keep a close eye on him, if his fever spikes or he starts talking nonsense or some other factor is obviously getting out of control, take him in.

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i remember when her specialty was social media and its role in protest

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I heard the dude in receiving at work hacking up a lung. Then at the morning meeting they just straight up said he's not feeling well today but there's nobody else to work receiving?!

Lol I'm ready to just walk out for good but in 3 days I'm off for 2 week to get all my vacation time that I don't get if I just quit. Lmao

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

Teenage Riot posted:

This reads like those old TCC trip reports

Someone write up a fake paper claiming Da Joose cures covid

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

was "operation warp speed" rushed?

:tuckerface:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

lol I just left the pediatrician's office, they didn't even know yet.

got my kids first in line once they get their Official Word!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

First, I'm not a doctor.

From what I understand, he's going to want to start getting supplemental oxygen if he drops into the high-80's while resting, but like everyone else this kinda depends on his physiology. Keep a close eye on him, if his fever spikes or he starts talking nonsense or some other factor is obviously getting out of control, take him in.

Nah, I'm just going to start him on a nebulizer with a homemade mix of iodine and hydrogen peroxide along with a healthy shot of vitamin D, Zinc and colloidal silver.