Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so any of my gear that is 1060 capped (all the gear i own) do i just trash it except like, the guns i like for pvp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Update on Salvager's Salvo: Purchasing Beyond Light did make the quest appear at the Gunsmith.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

queeb posted:

so any of my gear that is 1060 capped (all the gear i own) do i just trash it except like, the guns i like for pvp?
yes. you will have to earn anything un-sunsetted again if you want to infuse it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

yes. you will have to earn anything un-sunsetted again if you want to infuse it
just occurred to me: if the old leaks are true that they *MIGHT* get rid of light levels, I wonder what they would do with sunsetted stuff

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

If your vault isn't sitting at 499/500 then no point deleting anything immediately.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Impulse Amplifier & Vorpal is real good indeed

Impact Casing is only about a 2.2% damage increase (Impact is ~22% of the damage from a rocket, and IC is a 10% boost to that).

Obviously if you want it, you want it, but if your goal is "do more damage" then a +Reload magazine is quite a bit better than Impact Casing

(also in case anyone was curious, Cluster Bombs is approximately a 5-15% damage boost depending on archetype + some RNG, while Vorpal is 15% and Lasting Impression is 20%)

Rockets are also quite poorly designed and they all seem to do approximately the same single target damage, but some have way faster fire rates (Only Bad Omens/Hezen archetype is worth using)

Yeah my best rolled timelost Hezen is alloy casing, impulse, vorpal and while I haven't had much time with it yet seems to do the job pretty nice.

Going to lol when the NF rocket from next season will surpass it in every way somehow

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

VodeAndreas posted:

If your vault isn't sitting at 499/500 then no point deleting anything immediately.

Yeah my best rolled timelost Hezen is alloy casing, impulse, vorpal and while I haven't had much time with it yet seems to do the job pretty nice.

Going to lol when the NF rocket from next season will surpass it in every way somehow

Or the Ritual Rocket Launcher with Explosive Light! Depending on its archetype and/or perks it could be a real monster, since that perk is like +67% damage

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

CubeTheory posted:

Update on Salvager's Salvo: Purchasing Beyond Light did make the quest appear at the Gunsmith.

???????????????

Insanely hosed up to hear.

That you bought BLight that is.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

life_source posted:

???????????????

Insanely hosed up to hear.

That you bought BLight that is.

Oh, I didn't. A friend is hard up for raid members and gifted it to me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kesper North posted:

it just occured to me to wonder why we never see anyone called Savathun's Bathwater

I thought about it prior to the great renaming but figured about 20 other people would have done so already and I don't want to be Guardian#253453

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or the Ritual Rocket Launcher with Explosive Light! Depending on its archetype and/or perks it could be a real monster, since that perk is like +67% damage

Seriously, I am low key hyped for it. Sadly we are losing the awesome rocket launcher mod though :smith:.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Kesper North posted:

it just occured to me to wonder why we never see anyone called Savathun's Bathwater

Now's the most appropriate time to use that name

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1429805732896157701

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why she sound so sexy tho?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Truth is a funny thing, I say as the rocket comes back around

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Oh god. That voice. They nailed it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Astrochicken posted:

Oh god. That voice. They nailed it.

Did they reveal who the voice actor is?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I really hope Bungie has learned its lesson from how Oryx was utterly wasted in-game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Judge Tesla posted:

I really hope Bungie has learned its lesson

:lol:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

I really hope Bungie has learned its lesson from how Oryx was utterly wasted in-game.

I would sure hope so since Bungie has been building this character up for nearly four years.

But you gotta admit the way you kill Oryx in the raid is rad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oryx was cool as hell in game, to me. If you never did King's Fall and only saw him in the campaign though he would seem to have died like a chump

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Mill Village posted:

I would sure hope so since Bungie has been building this character up for nearly four years.

But you gotta admit the way you kill Oryx in the raid is rad.

King's Fall was great, I just wished Oryx had more presence before hand, all he really did was angrily shake his fist at you and send his ghost clones to various places.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

His dildo dungeon remains the best part of any raid

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Everything about the dreadnaught kicked rear end.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I swear that teaser is a shot for shot remake of the first 7 seconds of a perfume commercial.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mattavist posted:

I swear that teaser is a shot for shot remake of the first 7 seconds of a perfume commercial.

I do wish I was home right now to splice that together...

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Mattavist posted:

Hive God Bath Water.

blunderheart
Jul 1, 2021

It's probably only half-intentional, but Bungie has shown remarkable restraint in revealing Savathun's visage or even her voice up to now, considering she's been a prominent figure in the Grimoire for literal real-life years plural at this point.

Now I just have to cross my fingers that whoever is writing for her VA scripts can do anywhere near justice to her voice from those lore pages. A real humdinger of a performance, please. 🤞✨

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

blunderheart posted:

It's probably only half-intentional, but Bungie has shown remarkable restraint in revealing Savathun's visage or even her voice up to now, considering she's been a prominent figure in the Grimoire for literal real-life years plural at this point.

Now I just have to cross my fingers that whoever is writing for her VA scripts can do anywhere near justice to her voice from those lore pages. A real humdinger of a performance, please. 🤞✨

:same: I'm pulling for my girl to bring some energy to the screen without crossing too far into either Menacing Cliche or Zany Irritant

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Everybody expected her to just be a Witch model so I'm disappointed they didn't really surprise us with Savathun, the uniquely modeled Ogre

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Judge Tesla posted:

Hive God Bath Water.

Deception, by Calvin Klein

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hiddenriverninja posted:

Deception, by Calvin Klein

:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Everybody expected her to just be a Witch model so I'm disappointed they didn't really surprise us with Savathun, the uniquely modeled Ogre

Having her look like Greg would have made a lot or people very happy.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Is she saying truth? Or truce? Is that the point, that you never know exactly what she is saying? Is the VA going to somehow do the thing the Worm Gods do where they technically say two words at once?

Good stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah I just watched a Byf video where they spent a lot of time trying to figure out what she would look like.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

King's Fall was great, I just wished Oryx had more presence before hand, all he really did was angrily shake his fist at you and send his ghost clones to various places.

At least the very first thing you see him do is gently caress up a massive fleet and (seemingly) kill the queen of the awoken

blunderheart
Jul 1, 2021

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

At least the very first thing you see him do is gently caress up a massive fleet and (seemingly) kill the queen of the awoken

To be clear Oryx very much did kill Mara Sov, but she just happened to plan very well for it

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Savathuns voice is what I expected/wanted it to be. Can't wait to hear more.

My memory is being really lovely, did Bungo say they were adding new catalyst this season or in the expansion?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie hasn't said anything about next season's catalysts

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie hasn't said anything about next season's catalysts

Ah right... It was probably mentioned in a thread on Reddit and I just assumed they officially said it.

I normally do my best to stay away from leaks but the subreddits have been infected by them.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bungie said they're working on a way to give exotics orbs/kill tracker without making a catalyst for all of them. Also they don't like having to design an exotic twice (base + catalyst version) so the whole system might change

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Roman posted:

Bungie said they're working on a way to give exotics orbs/kill tracker without making a catalyst for all of them. Also they don't like having to design an exotic twice (base + catalyst version) so the whole system might change

That makes too much sense. Hope that means that a lot of the older non-catalyst exotics will get a little rework/buff. Thorn, Malfeasance and ThunderGod Cidlord come to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

the amount of "just as keikaku" between Mara and Savathun must be through the roof.

tl note: keikaku means plan