Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cr0y posted:

Peds doctors are going to CYA and not shoot up kids outside of what the FDA has approved as proper use. I can't believe we don't have a better option for kids than "lol well just don't get the plague".

I could see them dosing up a 10 or 11 year old, but it would be a nearly impossibly hard sell to get them to prescribe off label for a toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
long island coming for dipshit new yorkers with a fury

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

not appropriate, much like boosters are unauthorized

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a screencap so you can do a comparison with their next few updated versions, that's usually good for a laugh

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/pennsylvania?view=daily-deaths&tab=trend

Good ol' IHME, those lovable morons

E: their current graph for the whole US

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Their model for hospitals beds/ICU is LOL. One more week and then it'll alllllllllll magically disappear and it'll be clear skies all the way to Christmas!

Their prediction for future mask use is amazing. According to their team of world-class statisticians it'll either stay exactly the same as it is today or it'll instantly shoot up to 95% coverage and stay there for the rest of the year

Amazing.

You're complaining the trend line titled "universal masking" shows universal masking?

It is odd they bother showing that, but it's coming from the same data of "how less awful would all this be if you cretins all just wore masks after today" for cases, deaths, etc.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

how it do how it be

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

drat, if only people weren't being forced into desperate situations because of their kids' schools opening up.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

You see doctor, that may look like a child but it's actually a 10,000 year old wizard. So the FDA says you can give them a shot.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1429865808822476800?s=20
What a pathetic sounding plea. Very gotcha vibes

Baddog
May 12, 2001

cr0y posted:

Peds doctors are going to CYA and not shoot up kids outside of what the FDA has approved as proper use. I can't believe we don't have a better option for kids than "lol well just don't get the plague".

Man, there's *gotta* be a few who will make absolute bank off of a bunch of 1 minute long consultations.

I'm calling my kids doctor, but I'm sure you're right and I won't be able to twist her arm.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The off label vaccine question would be a lot simpler to answer if we weren't sending every kid to the plague puts where they are almost sure to be exposed to COVID before the kids vaccine is approved.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Nodelphi posted:

AAP came out against off label use, that’s probably going to make it a lot harder to find a doc to do it.

American Academy of Pediatrics Cautions Against Off-Label Use of COVID-19 Vaccines in Children Under 12

quote:

Today the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) finalized the full approval of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for ages 16 and older. While this means it is legally permissible for physicians to administer the vaccine off-label for children aged 11 and younger, who currently have no available vaccine, the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly discourages that practice.

fwiw, I just got off the phone with my kids pediatrician and they are not down to jab them. so if someone does find a tele-doc that is down, lemme know.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Atrocious Joe posted:

You see doctor, that may look like a child but it's actually a 10,000 year old wizard. So the FDA says you can give them a shot.

are there any doctors in adtrw?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Baddog posted:

So uhhh, is this one of those things where we can find a pediatrician willing to do zoom calls and write off-label pediatric prescriptions?

Cus I am all about that if there is one out there! Or poo poo I'll just drive to somebody, I'll drive 30 hours. gently caress it.

I left a message with the desk nurse and apparently we were the second parents to call today. Can't say I'm optimistic but will definitely be shopping around. Kindergarten starts tomorrow!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Surely the chuds will now get vaccinated rather than expose themselves to be hypocrites.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if the FDA made the same exact decisions under Trump, we'd be hearing about how he pressured the FDA in a bunch of media outlets.

and I'd be out here posting in his defense

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
all you antivaxxers need to BELIEVE THE SCIENCE. your kids dont need vaccinated, they need to see each others smiling faces at school

smdh, moroons

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
if AAP doesn't agree with it, you are unlikely to find anyone who will write an off-label jab for kids under 11.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
no one cares how old your crotch spawn is at the feed store. won't even blink when you're tell em your horse is 2 years old and you need that apple paste asap

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

if AAP doesn't agree with it, you are unlikely to find anyone who will write an off-label jab for kids under 11.

Yeah, the American Association of Pansies!!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Business Gorillas posted:

Yeah, my big thing is that for the one or two of my friends is yelling at me that I'm being a weirdo by locking back down again, they'll never admit any responsibility. If I let them browbeat me and start going to bars again to make them feel better and I get covid because of it, they'll never admit that their behavior could have been a factor into me getting sick

I loving hate all these people that want society to open because they want it to be open and they don't want to feel like they're making incredibly stupid and risky decisions

Yeah, it's all this. Empathy is so hard for people.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the difficulty is that i think the point of "well great, except we're all sending our under 11 kids to the COVID factory" is a very good one and i would imagine the trade-offs aren't being considered

i do not know, i don't have a read on what the data coming out clinic looks like.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNApu4myfLs&t=6s

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
From r/Clemson

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Help!!!..

My son keeps pestering me to take the jab... he found my tube of Iver and has taken it away from me.. I didn't even get to start taking it. I've noticed also he's started checking my phone when im not present, I've been forced to make this account in secret as a safety precaution... He doesn't go to church anymore and I'm tempted to call someone. What am I to do?? I have some elemental zinc, can any good be done with that in preventing this drat virus?!....

Mark 16:18...and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them ♥️♥️💛..

There's definitely some trolls entering the group, so I have no idea if these posts are just trolling or real now.

Someone should start posting the phenezapam posts in the group, replacing the name with ivermectin

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

the difficulty is that i think the point of "well great, except we're all sending our under 11 kids to the COVID factory" is a very good one and i would imagine the trade-offs aren't being considered

We live in a liberal society, everyone is going to cover their own asses and shift blame to someone else without doing anything.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Delta-Wye posted:

no one cares how old your crotch spawn is at the feed store. won't even blink when you're tell em your horse is 2 years old and you need that apple paste asap

how much horse paste is an appropriate dose for my 35 lb miniature horse. Also, is apple the only flavor? Can we get it in mac and cheese flavor? My miniature horse love kraft dinner.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!
I thought only smart people could get into UNC

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Help!!!..

My son keeps pestering me to take the jab... he found my tube of Iver and has taken it away from me.. I didn't even get to start taking it. I've noticed also he's started checking my phone when im not present, I've been forced to make this account in secret as a safety precaution... He doesn't go to church anymore and I'm tempted to call someone. What am I to do?? I have some elemental zinc, can any good be done with that in preventing this drat virus?!....

Mark 16:18...and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them ♥️♥️💛..

There's definitely some trolls entering the group, so I have no idea if these posts are just trolling or real now.

Someone should start posting the phenezapam posts in the group, replacing the name with ivermectin

why are these people even taking horse dewormer i thought accepting jesus in your heart as your lord and personal savior was supposed to prevent covid

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If I had kids Id keep em home for a couple weeks because that's all the longer the schools are going to remain standing. They will collapse pretty drat quick.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

PerniciousKnid posted:

We live in a liberal society, everyone is going to cover their own asses and shift blame to someone else without doing anything.

i tend to agree with the 'don't give vaccinations with serious immune response to young kids without really good data', but the solution where society can stomach that and just keep those kids as much out of harms way as possible isn't being allowed. if you're going to prevent young kids from being vaccinated for health reasons, you can't turn around and take a series of actions that puts them at potentially even greater risk.

not sure we're balancing the risk factors correctly here.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol my school district releases confirmed cases every monday

1st week (half week, 3 days) - 24 cases
2nd week (last week) - 276 cases
3rd week - ????

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

cr0y posted:

If I had kids Id keep em home for a couple weeks because that's all the longer the schools are going to remain standing. They will collapse pretty drat quick.
Colleges are just sticking it out until the non-refundable tuition date

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

we must prevent the children from being vaccinated for their health

also we will send the children to the covid factory, for their mental health!

?

????

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I have two things to admit to the thread today:

I'm overwhelmed with sadness and despair more than anger and frustration lately. Also, I genuinely enjoyed Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

I don't know what's more troubling.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
in advent children, the disease was washed off by the power of prayer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

based on the entire regulatory schema the FDA follows, it should be pretty easy to argue you should EUA the vaccines for anyone who's going to school or daycare unless the safety profile for young kids isn't good enough. idk what the safety profile looks like, but the fact that we're in phase 3 in pediatrics makes me think that it's not bad enough that it should be a thing.

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

Strep Vote posted:

Fun anecdote, my partner did a business presentation alone last night because his copresenter in Texas was at the hospital because his 15 year old had dangerously high levels of glucose. His kid now has diabetes. They had covid last year lol.

hurr hurr just catch covid and get it over with hurr hurr

gently caress man that's awful. I hope that there may be some inklings of why this is the case and how covid does this type of damage to a person.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

in advent children, the disease was washed off by the power of prayer

So like covid is what you're saying

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I have two things to admit to the thread today:

I'm overwhelmed with sadness and despair more than anger and frustration lately. Also, I genuinely enjoyed Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

I don't know what's more troubling.

sadness and despair require a lot less energy than anger and frustration, so it's easier to relax

also advent children was okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The reality is the FDA is pretty rudderless right now. No one is willing to run it and take the heat for making a decision or push like that, which means we get what we get, which is a department paralyzed by inaction and (likely) feuding factions