Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

more evidence the liberal media and social media amplify unpopular opinions

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1429767879377838086?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Judakel posted:

when's china gonna get an mrna vaccine? destroy us finally please

never because they're clearly inferior

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Schnorkles posted:

the real answer if there's something in the vaccination clincial data that suggests that this needs more time and evaluation is that kids should 100% not be in schools.

you can't have both outcomes.

poll planes right

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

President Xi please send sinovac for my child 🙏

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

euphronius posted:

i think the issue with twitter is that it's full of media people and media people tend to be either childless or able to send their kids to elite private schools and if you're in either of those positions, making sure there's no more remote schooling and that brunch goes on like covid doesn't exist are your biggest concerns

but normies would very much prefer that their kids don't die

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

Yeah but also 25-75 "We should prevent 100,000 kids from dying."

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Deceptive Thinker posted:

What's holding up the EUA for kids again?

cowardice

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
have had a headache yesterday and today had a dry, scratchy throat, so i went to get tested. but since i'm symptomatic i have to be referred to the hospital by my doctor. called his office at 8am, he didn't review the referral until noon, then the hospital waited another couple hours to schedule the test, so i got it at 3pm. wonderful system.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Zeroisanumber posted:

You're fine. I got a cheeky booster last week with no side-effects except a light fever and some bodyaches.

This thread is good, but you have to regulate so you don't end up getting so anxious that you scare yourself into inaction.

You're right. This morning I was still a little bit feverish from the booster and saw the post about vaccine ADE and had that feeling where your stomach drops. But I came to my senses after that.

I am curious about the potential for ADE though. I don't know enough about the actual biological underpinnings of why it occurs. Could it ever be the case that evolutionary pressure on the virus from having a semi-vaccinated population somehow select for ADE properties in a new variant?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I genuinely enjoyed Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

You might want to get a COVID test. Loss of taste is still a symptom.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
honestly, if you restrict the religious exemption to purely religious exemptions, not "i want to eat horse paste" fake religious exemptions, i don't see it being too much of a problem

- all catholics are required to be vaccinated, because it is part of their religion
- an exemption for 'abortions reason' is not valid for anything other than j&j, and you are required to permanently defer regeneron if you take this exemption, but you are still under mandate for mrna ones
- you cannot refuse this vaccine alone if you have not refused all past ones for religious reasons - otherwise not valid

how many people would be left after these?

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Joementum posted:

have had a headache yesterday and today had a dry, scratchy throat, so i went to get tested. but since i'm symptomatic i have to be referred to the hospital by my doctor. called his office at 8am, he didn't review the referral until noon, then the hospital waited another couple hours to schedule the test, so i got it at 3pm. wonderful system.

hope it's a negative. good luck

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

euphronius posted:

they amplify the opinions of the people who work in and own media companies, who are completely out of step with the majority of americans on every issue

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

McNugget Buddy posted:

That dumb ER doctor who was quoted in an article yesterday that we confused with Fauci chimes in:

https://twitter.com/jeremyfaust/status/1429816031976083468

Translation: I'm going to vaccinate my kid, but please don't DM me about getting off-label approval for yours.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
gently caress religious exemptions.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Doctor posted:

AW CMON. NOT YOU TOO DAMON ALBARN, SERIOUSLY?!

they were selling Gorillaz NFTs recently, that's a hard shark jump

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stevie Lee posted:

nah we're all in this poo poo and vaccinated people thinking otherwise is only making it worse

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's weird how we were hearing "youth EUA will come in late fall/early winter" and then days before most kids go back to in person school this story gets pimped everywhere about the impending 12 and under jabs.

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Shyfted One posted:

Corsi cube question. Is the fan supposed to go on top or the side? Are 20x20x2 ok or do I need 4 inch? And just get any 3 speed box fan? I think I might make 2.

Top pointed up, so all 4 filters are being drawn through. And the big MERV 13 filters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw7fUMhNov8

Original paper and tests here

https://www.texairfilters.com/iaq-research-practice-in-action-the-corsi-rosenthal-box-air-cleaner/

Durf fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 23, 2021

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
my work is having a pop up pfizer vaccine clinic through cvs this thursday (i did pfizer through walgreens in late march + late april). the sign up is through the cvs website. i signed up, didn't provide insurance info or driver's license info, as my first shot (not third). we'll see how it goes

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/savannaha_art/status/1378033021765496835

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Arkage posted:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Arkage posted:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Koirhor posted:

well pediatrician doing cya is why I contacted our son’s cardiologist affiliated with the childrens hospital he’s had to stay in a couple times they have the info and medical history to hopefully make the right call here

I can't even get my cardiologist to write me a note saying "he should WFH for now," but pediatric cardiologists tend to be more attached so I suspect you might have more luck.

Hmm, I wonder if I can get my pediatric cardiologist to write my note... it's only been 17 years!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah gently caress me for getting it before this arbitrary date right? Cool that you only get $100 if you’re a dipshit.

My name is Max Titers and I'm here to collect my money.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

if you guys were physicians would you prescribe the covid shot for your young ones against every institutional recommendation?

asking for a friend….

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
I've generally considered NZ's covid response to be good compared to other westernized countries. And I never really had a problem with the idea of MIQ in city hotels because they're self-contained buildings.

But HOLY poo poo this is just the dumbest dumb that ever dumbed.
https://twitter.com/NZStuff/status/1429705611604758535?s=19

Quarantine hotel where the lobby is on the 4th floor of a public atrium with a shopping mall, food court, and a public walkway to a multistorey carpark. But it's ok because the area quaratinee's walk through to get to the hotel when they first arrive is separated by two metres from the public and has perspex barriers two metres high lolololololol

pillsthatbreakyourbrain.jpg

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

There is definately another bug going around that is headache, sore throat, some aches, but almost zero respiratory involvement.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Biowarfare posted:

honestly, if you restrict the religious exemption to purely religious exemptions, not "i want to eat horse paste" fake religious exemptions, i don't see it being too much of a problem

- all catholics are required to be vaccinated, because it is part of their religion
- an exemption for 'abortions reason' is not valid for anything other than j&j, and you are required to permanently defer regeneron if you take this exemption, but you are still under mandate for mrna ones
- you cannot refuse this vaccine alone if you have not refused all past ones for religious reasons - otherwise not valid

how many people would be left after these?

this goes against supreme court jurisprudence established by the roberts court that clearly defines wacky bullshit religious exemptions claimed by right-wing protestants as the most valid religious exemptions.

for example last year they said that since lockdown rules gave exceptions for grocery shopping they had to also give exceptions to any religious activity like church or prayer meetings. by this precedent any vaccine mandate that gives exceptions to, for example, people medically unable to take the vaccine must also exempt any claimed religious exemption

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
pretty much every single place that has fallen has themselves to blame. which makes me think china will continue to contain it

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

this goes against supreme court jurisprudence established by the roberts court that clearly defines wacky bullshit religious exemptions claimed by right-wing protestants as the most valid religious exemptions.

for example last year they said that since lockdown rules gave exceptions for grocery shopping they had to also give exceptions to any religious activity like church or prayer meetings. by this precedent any vaccine mandate that gives exceptions to, for example, people medically unable to take the vaccine must also exempt any claimed religious exemption

shame

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
now im curious how many people have suddenly gone POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST after being a devout catholic for their whole life the second the pope said vaccines were good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i like how the only nonwhite pinup nurses are representing the shittiest vaccine

or maybe the one representing the less lovely but still lovely one is supposed to be asian? point still stands.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Judakel posted:

pretty much every single place that has fallen has themselves to blame. which makes me think china will continue to contain it
I hope xi jinping looks at every "MUH FREEDOM OF CHOICE :bahgawd:" school board thing and laughs

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

pigz posted:

Scheduled my 6 year old for shot in the Pfizer trial. Sep 2nd lol. Gonna be ages until eua
:nice:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

slinkimalinki posted:

I've generally considered NZ's covid response to be good compared to other westernized countries. And I never really had a problem with the idea of MIQ in city hotels because they're self-contained buildings.

But HOLY poo poo this is just the dumbest dumb that ever dumbed.
https://twitter.com/NZStuff/status/1429705611604758535?s=19

Quarantine hotel where the lobby is on the 4th floor of a public atrium with a shopping mall, food court, and a public walkway to a multistorey carpark. But it's ok because the area quaratinee's walk through to get to the hotel when they first arrive is separated by two metres from the public and has perspex barriers two metres high lolololololol

pillsthatbreakyourbrain.jpg

More like Clowne Plaza lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Baddog posted:

Yes, you can. Sinovac approved for 3+ in June.

wait a minute. seriously?

also goddamnit!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Red death just arrived for his tour of NZ bunkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iverron
May 13, 2012

if you’re going to claim religious exemption shouldn’t you at least need some sort of base for that claim