Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baddog posted:

Also, that pfizer IS back to testing 20 and 30 microgram dosing in the expanded trial. Further signaling that efficacy is way down (like we all expected, I don't give a poo poo, just let me get my kid something).

MMR booster would be worth doing if they haven't had one in recent years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

lmao that everything is so stupid that i get to bust this out again

https://i.imgur.com/uYYKnJW.mp4

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Google Butt posted:

I'd prefer not to get covid and or delay it for as long as possible, you loving dumbass

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1429844412809596929?s=20
well this guy literally has "theocratic fascist" in his description, he's a kook. the rest of the media isn't saying we're all getting COVID are they?

https://twitter.com/AdrienneLaF/status/1427698200576733191?s=20
https://twitter.com/WebMD/status/1429065761461518339?s=20
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1427950167488090120?s=20
https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1429234754017239044?s=20
oh wow they are

At this point I wonder if "endemic COVID" is being pitched as a way to isolate China

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Oh did I mention as an added side effect of the covid vaccine becoming such a political lightning rod, I’m seeing more patients refuse more common vaccines such as tetanus.

I went years with no one refusing a tetanus shot, now they’re routinely refused.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

he's running.

https://twitter.com/chrisbrown2075/status/1429893436484702236?s=21

I wish there was a way to get accurate statistics for how many families have been destroyed by the pandemic. That's on top of all the ones destroyed by years of Trump and QAnon nonsense. There's gonna be a lot of people who will never apologize or make amends and so they'll spend the rest of their lives being increasingly bitter and lonely.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have long covid and it sucks. Have to see a doctor twice a month because of it.

Disowned my family because I took the jab and they think I'm over reacting. Yet my lungs are hosed and ill be lucky to live past 50.

It owns. Lol. Lmao.

gently caress that's awful. I'm sorry.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Was looking into the ADE stuff a bit more (to torture myself) and found this interesting. It was published back in August 2020. I looked up this doctor and he's basically the person that discovered ADE in Dengue and is considered a leader in tropical diseases and vaccine development:

quote:

With others, we conclude that the differences in clinical, epidemiological and
pathological features of SARS and DENV diseases suggest that iADE does not contribute to
the severity of natural human coronavirus infections. [3] Because myeloid cells are not major
targets of infection, vaccine derived non-protective coronavirus antibodies are not expected to
produce iADE infections in humans. High case fatality rates in elderly persons with preexisting conditions together with laboratory and autopsy studies support the contention that
SARS CoV 1 and 2 are direct pathogens centering on type II pneumocytes, well differentiated bronchial epithelial cells and other parenchymal cells.

I assume that's good news overall, although I'm not sure if they were working off of any outdated understandings of anything since the article is pretty old now.

And so, going back to the new article that was posted I am kind of curious about this section in the conclusion:

quote:

In conclusion, ADE may occur in people receiving vaccines based on the original Wuhan strain spike sequence (either mRNA or viral vectors) and then exposed to a Delta variant. Although this potential risk has been cleverly anticipated before the massive use of Covid-19 vaccines6, the ability of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies to mediate infection enhancement in vivo has never been formally demonstrated. However, although the results obtained so far have been rather reassuring1, to the best of our knowledge ADE of Delta variants has not been specifically assessed. Since our data indicate that Delta variants are especially well recognized by infection enhancing antibodies targeting the NTD, the possibility of ADE should
be further investigated as it may represent a potential risk for mass vaccination during the current Delta variant pandemic. In this respect, second generation vaccines7 with spike protein formulations
lacking structurally-conserved ADE-related epitopes should be considered

Are they basically saying, "Yeah this looks like it could be a problem in our modeling, but we haven't actually seen any real world evidence of it." If that's the case I would assume these authors were just clout chasing if this article was a pre-print. But it's been published in the Journal of Infection, which I assume is a good pub. I guess I'm not sure what to think about it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

McNugget Buddy posted:

MMR booster would be worth doing if they haven't had one in recent years

Even the regular 4 in One few Flu shot seems to have a interesting correlation for reducing the nastier symptoms from
a study of 75,000 patients.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/08/210804123547.htm

Similar to the speculation over why MMR seems to work, a recent Flu shot might help the body prepare by ramping up the immune system response.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is 30 hours out from her third Pfizer shot and she's completely wiped out, compared to having no reaction at all to her first two beyond a sore arm. She woke up this morning, called off work, and has been in bed all day.

lol pfowned

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

This make it here yet?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

Oh did I mention as an added side effect of the covid vaccine becoming such a political lightning rod, I’m seeing more patients refuse more common vaccines such as tetanus.

I went years with no one refusing a tetanus shot, now they’re routinely refused.

lmao if tetanus makes a comeback since that has a nice meaty 90% fatality rate over 5 days of pure hell

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i encourage all anti vaxxers to give radioactive suppositories a try. it kills all the china germs and makes your butthole extra perky too.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Work was interesting today. I was at 3 schools and masks are just not a thing up here. I mean there were a few people wearing them but not many and none of the students are in masks. Holy poo poo.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Koirhor posted:

lmao if tetanus makes a comeback since that has a nice meaty 90% fatality rate over 5 days of pure hell

Dominic why would you give your own brother the spicy CFR

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1429844412809596929?s=20
well this guy literally has "theocratic fascist" in his description, he's a kook. the rest of the media isn't saying we're all getting COVID are they?

https://twitter.com/AdrienneLaF/status/1427698200576733191?s=20
https://twitter.com/WebMD/status/1429065761461518339?s=20
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1427950167488090120?s=20
https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/1429234754017239044?s=20
oh wow they are

At this point I wonder if "endemic COVID" is being pitched as a way to isolate China

lol when they say it ends once everyone gets it, they mean it runs out of bodies to kill/maim

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol hell yeah dude

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
What are some clear familiar brief analogies to show why you can’t divide by total number vaccinated in order to calculate breakthrough %?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Der Meister posted:

I called myself to a few pharmacies and the pharmacists all refused to honor my prescription

Are you a doctor, or your pediatrician called in a scrip for your kids? Or is this like a Dr. Julius Irving situation? It's weird to me a pharmacy would turn you away if you have a scrip in hand. You'd figure their asses are covered if the shot is doctor prescribed.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
alternatively i recommended letting a rabid animal bite you. the rabies hunts down and kills covid particles... naturally!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

Even the regular 4 in One few Flu shot seems to have a interesting correlation for reducing the nastier symptoms from
a study of 75,000 patients.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/08/210804123547.htm

Similar to the speculation over why MMR seems to work, a recent Flu shot might help the body prepare by ramping up the immune system response.

It seems like having coinfections of any type while you also have COVID is bad news

I wonder if everyone who tested positive for COVID upon hospital admission also was tested for flu - I'm guessing "no"

What if the flu season last year was actually normal but no one was tracking it because they all died from COVID

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

turd in my singlet posted:

I wonder if something along the lines of the old "I need you to document specifically that you refused"* trick might be helpful here, so if your kid gets hosed up from covid there's a paper trail pointing to the doctor refusing to take preventative action

* the "please write this down in your notes, which I have no way of verifying" phrasing of this never made sense to me, but it's a common enough claim in disabled communities that this actually works to get docs to run tests

send a MyChart message, those conversations become part of your chart

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm glad to get nuked by Moderna shot dose 3rd.

Extra side effect (barfing / naseau) vs Pfizer plus seem much faster acting in terms of getting the booster shot feeling same day of shot.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

so following up from last week on Friday

that corner turn might be real in King county:

guess we will see if it’s still there at the end of the day.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Just had a webinar with my employer (they disabled any ability for employees to see or chat with each other, natch) about the return to office. They think they're going to be able to test and contact trace their way round delta.

the person in charge of the covid response literally said "the D.C. area isn't the rest of the country" as though living at the center of this stupid empire makes people here any smarter or more immune to disease

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The unvaccinated masses are the control group you dummies

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rubby posted:

lmao that everything is so stupid that i get to bust this out again

https://i.imgur.com/uYYKnJW.mp4

I AM HORSE

I'M NOT HORSE!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:lmao:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Nothus posted:

gently caress that's awful. I'm sorry.

On the bright side I can make comedy from it on an internet funny forum.

Lmfao. Death to America.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Fireside Nut posted:

Are they basically saying, "Yeah this looks like it could be a problem in our modeling, but we haven't actually seen any real world evidence of it." If that's the case I would assume these authors were just clout chasing if this article was a pre-print. But it's been published in the Journal of Infection, which I assume is a good pub. I guess I'm not sure what to think about it.

Yes. The discussion section is the part of the paper where you can editorialize without having to back it up with data, and this lab makes it's living studying ADE so of course they're not going to close the door on covid vaccines maybe causing ADE at some point.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

Just had a webinar with my employer (they disabled any ability for employees to see or chat with each other, natch) about the return to office. They think they're going to be able to test and contact trace their way round delta.

the person in charge of the covid response literally said "the D.C. area isn't the rest of the country" as though living at the center of this stupid empire makes people here any smarter or more immune to disease

I like how some recent articles are shooting down that assumption since breakthrough cases changed the nature of the game.

Places even rich neighborhoods like Venice, Santa Monica and Hollywood getting hammered with new hospitalization due to Delta having a stronger breakthrough chance combined with vaccine waning.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Sunny Side Up posted:

What are some clear familiar brief analogies to show why you can’t divide by total number vaccinated in order to calculate breakthrough %?

Lottery - you gotta buy a ticket to play

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

"Representing parents" is not clear about which side of the case they're on.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It's not. It's because there is a delay in reporting of the most recent days. For the past three weeks it's appeared every single day that the past 2-3 days are showing a decrease in cases.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's not. It's because there is a delay in reporting of the most recent days. For the past three weeks it's appeared every single day that the past 2-3 days are showing a decrease in cases.

the corner. has been. turned.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

Are you a doctor, or your pediatrician called in a scrip for your kids? Or is this like a Dr. Julius Irving situation? It's weird to me a pharmacy would turn you away if you have a scrip in hand. You'd figure their asses are covered if the shot is doctor prescribed.

i am a doctor. a prescription is only as good as a pharmacist willing to fill or inject it i guess

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lmao this rules

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
love to see all those individual days well above the 7 day average

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/dmarusic/status/1429888637013987332?s=20

quote:

Senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council. Co-founder with @shadihamid of @WCrowdsLive.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

It's going to be awkward when the msm consent manufacturing is going to rev up all the it's endemic now there is nothing we could have done when you can definitely point to countries where it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

u dumbass libs my body my choice it aint "rabies" that's made up, it's hydrophobia and did you know water kills millions a year so it makes sense to be scared of it, nature is making your body adapt to the sandworm future