Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hollismason posted:

What does endemic COVID mean?

passing virons back and forth.... forever

))<>((

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I just can't believe the world is gaslighting us to believe there's nothing that can be done so open r up and let it be.

Like. It's a virus. Is there any reason to believe it'll slow down or only be seasonal?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Pandemic is over weeeeee

Goons soon: :actually: it's not a pandemic it's an endemic

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

ready to die

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

skewetoo posted:

I've "had" covid like at least two dozen different times

president bolsonaro I didn’t know you posted here

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

fun to watch the narrative turn in real time from "covid is over we beat it!" to "covid beat us but it doesnt matter"

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Hollismason posted:

An extra ~10% daily all cause deaths is no big deal, go forth and spend money.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I just can't believe the world is gaslighting us to believe there's nothing that can be done so open r up and let it be.

Like. It's a virus. Is there any reason to believe it'll slow down or only be seasonal?

so far it keeps coming back more powerful than ever before on a 6mo cadence, BUT DEFINITELY THIS IS THE LAST TIME lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/avwuff/status/1429472562669625345?s=20

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Lol yeah. I learned this pandemic that most people are not able to extrapolate further out than the next moment

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

new state flag

salient
Jan 2, 2021

fire and ems would absolutely benefit from a chud purge, esp in leadership positions. one of my department's clinical educators was sharing covid denialist content with staff last march and refused to wear a mask until may when he bought a gaiter made of the thinnest material i've ever seen

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im sure endemic covid will be fine, it's not like it mutates to be more transmissible or dangerous. i mean hey, if you've already had it once, it's not like the second time is a lot more dangerous.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Zokari posted:

fun to watch the narrative turn in real time from "covid is over we beat it!" to "covid beat us but it doesnt matter"

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a coronavirus

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

it's the koch brothers and other great barrington declaration backers fueling all this regular "well we have to just live with it and open er up"

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Endemic = trying to negotiate a surrender to the virus wherein we agree to 2000 deaths per day, but we get to keep brunch and no masks

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So Endemic just means that its here to stay forever and ever right?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

so far it keeps coming back more powerful than ever before on a 6mo cadence, BUT DEFINITELY THIS IS THE LAST TIME lmao

Lmao. Ok Corona. 👉 No more mutations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

salient posted:

fire and ems would absolutely benefit from a chud purge, esp in leadership positions. one of my department's clinical educators was sharing covid denialist content with staff last march and refused to wear a mask until may when he bought a gaiter made of the thinnest material i've ever seen

yeah police and fire department seem to be a massive Chud dominated organization with lots of former military conservative types.

I know each week in Florida there's another crying article about local police dying from COV19, which doesn't suprise me given from polling most reject COV19 vaccination for the standard conspiracy theory reasons.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
r/nursing is talking about medical collapse

https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/comments/p9wrqu/what_would_a_medical_collapse_look_like/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Comments are horrifying

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Yup it means that virus has hopped over and infected enough people to make wiping it out pretty challenging.

There is a history of making virus go extinct through global vaccination but the odds for this working for COV19 aren't really bad.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Der Meister posted:

i am a doctor. a prescription is only as good as a pharmacist willing to fill or inject it i guess

That's lame. Maybe go to a vaccine event with a prescription? I dunno

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
overheard someone saying that masks cause difficulty breathing and because you're desperately panting to breathe while masked you're outputting far more virus than normal sick people breathing unmasked, and all of that will burst out the unsealed sides of the mask, guaranteeing to infect others instead of just small amounts of natural exhaled virus being removed by UV/wind because if there's just a little virus the sun rays penetrate all of it but if there's a ton of heavily concentrated virus the sun will only kill the outside and inside is still infective

i am very happy i did curbside pickup for lunch

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1411999584470044683?s=20
https://twitter.com/T4Recovery/status/1424784072199528448?s=20

does the UK not count flu cases

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

they sound mentally ill. they should log off. cave syndrome smh

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

In my mind that's sort of like the foundation is visibly buckling now

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Hollismason posted:

It means we're hosed.

Gonna be interesting to see what the consent manufacturing machine starts churning out if we end up mutating some nightmare strain that both outcompetes B.1.617.2 and friends and has like a 50% fatality rate.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hollismason posted:

*glances at ihme predictions* naw op, its going to zero any day now :coronatoot:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1429642092767334409?s=20

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Hollismason posted:

It means we're giving up, but it's okay as long as we pretend that success was never an option.

What, China? Is that a country? Never heard of it!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay so that's a total fubar situation then. That's not good. In other news my doctor recommend skipping my Humira this week just in case it impacts my 3rd booster. I wonder how many boosters I can keep getting lol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Pshh, look at these try hards

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Note that access concerns (cost, hard to get) are two of the least likely reasons for vaccine refusal.

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1429923481957945349

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
well Biden's approval rating is lower than it's ever been and has been on a steady decline so maybe people actually are starting to care or whatever. idk

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Lmao death to the American healthcare system. GOTTA EAT APPLEBEES

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

some regions are experiencing their worst covid waves yet

is there any rationale for these people to think that it wont just keep being like that year after year

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Zokari posted:

some regions are experiencing their worst covid waves yet

is there any rationale for these people to think that it wont just keep being like year after year

people who have never not had immediate gratification just assume anything they want will magically happen

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Anyone think we will get the TSA to play ball with vax requirements? Or maybe the airlines will do it? I feel like it's in the airlines best interest to try to keep the tourism industry from collapsing....again.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1429844412809596929?s=20
well this guy literally has "theocratic fascist" in his description, he's a kook. the rest of the media isn't saying we're all getting COVID are they?

https://twitter.com/AdrienneLaF/status/1427698200576733191?s=20
oh wow they are

At this point I wonder if "endemic COVID" is being pitched as a way to isolate China

normalize covid caused erectile disfunction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/SiouxsieW/status/1429914152185696259

CONSENT MANUFACTURING MACHINE GO BRRRRR

Man its super obvious that every media shithead across the planet simultaneously got an email telling them to start downplaying the virus hey?