Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kennel posted:

An hour long Trivial Pursuit segments would probably be an improvement.
Being two separate 30 minute segments one after the other implies that the first segment was commercial-free, then they cut to commercial, and when they came back they did another uncut half hour.

Imagine tuning in and watching that for a straight half hour and then breaking for commercial and thinking "thank god, maybe they'll have more segments of someone watching two people have sex". Then it comes back from ads and it's still Michael Cole and Kozlov playing loving Trivial Pursuit. For another full 30 minutes uncut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Blaise330 posted:

Shotzi and Nox have won 3 #1 contenders matches

Wasn't there a promotion that tried a rule where someone had to be on a 3+ win streak to be eligible for a title shot? Something like that would almost make sense in WWE except in their case the win streak is usually against the champion so nobody looks good coming out of it.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I wanna say that might've been CHIKARA? I think they had a rule like that for their tag titles at least, but I don't really remember.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Yeah it was Chikara.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/comicgeekelly/status/1429653666047352834?s=21

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Drakkel posted:

Wasn't there a promotion that tried a rule where someone had to be on a 3+ win streak to be eligible for a title shot? Something like that would almost make sense in WWE except in their case the win streak is usually against the champion so nobody looks good coming out of it.

Zelina was 0-4 and stomped out angrily demanding why its taking so long for her to get a title shot

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Drakkel posted:

It just make me of how horribly WWE would handle that.

Like when they got rid of the no rematch clause for title matches, so people just ended up having a pointless #1 contender match to then get to the rematch. Oh boy, wonder who is going to win, the person that was the champion at the PPV the previous night, or this goober they're up against that hasn't won a match in months.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

sticklefifer posted:

Being two separate 30 minute segments one after the other implies that the first segment was commercial-free, then they cut to commercial, and when they came back they did another uncut half hour.

Imagine tuning in and watching that for a straight half hour and then breaking for commercial and thinking "thank god, maybe they'll have more segments of someone watching two people have sex". Then it comes back from ads and it's still Michael Cole and Kozlov playing loving Trivial Pursuit. For another full 30 minutes uncut.

This show would probably get me to watch WWE.
:munch:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Renaissance Spam posted:

Yeah it was Chikara.

Yeah wasn’t for the Grand Championship but the tag titles (which were their only titles for a long time) needed 3 straight wins to qualify for a title shot. That’s why title matches were relatively rare.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The NWA has something similar where if the TV champion successfully defends 5 straight times, he gets a shot at the world title

Benne fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 23, 2021

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i guess you can say...

what's nxt for NXT?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Benne posted:

The NWA has something similar where if the TV champion successfully defends 5 straight times, he gets a shot at the world title

And TNA had the cool in theory thing where the X Division champion could vacate the title for a world title shot.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

a.lo posted:

i guess you can say...

what's nxt for NXT?

Speaking of, remember when they were making all these plans for a secondary NXT show? How quickly it's fallen apart.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a.lo posted:

i guess you can say...

what's nxt for NXT?

future endeavours lol

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

future endeavours lol

"WWE has come to terms with the release of NXT"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I love that no one's even bothered to post the Smackdown rating :allears:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kimochi warui.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Speaking of, remember when they were making all these plans for a secondary NXT show? How quickly it's fallen apart.

NXT was gonna conquer the world, now Triple H's dreams turn to ash in his mouth.

just noticed this map implies a future NXT Takeover: Collision in Korea II

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

NXT was gonna conquer the world, now Triple H's dreams turn to ash in his mouth.

I've always wondered if it was possible to turn this into a gif where everything retracts to the US.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

pffftttttthahahahaha

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i just heard there was apparently a summerslam last night? woosh.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i just heard there was apparently a summerslam last night? woosh.

It was actually two nights ago!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/Crapgame13/status/1429905996449652736?s=20

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

bruce prichard in the back salivating at all the HEAT

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i told you all just the other day vince mcmahon would make the children cry

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

of course ztupid kids probably cried when daniel bryan or kevin owens beat cena. grow up you babies.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't give a poo poo about your kids.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Drakkel posted:

gently caress I'd totally forgotten about this. The NXT for NXT lol. I remember hearing so many people say it would just happen to be on TV at the same time as Rampage too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this owns

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Someone needs to introduce that kid to Orange Cassidy.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

this is me as a seattle mariners fan

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That's child abuse

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nick Jr. Face posted:

That's child abuse

Yeah no one should let their kid watch WWE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/reignsterritory/status/1429905479237607425

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

mooseinfants posted:

gently caress I'd totally forgotten about this. The NXT for NXT lol. I remember hearing so many people say it would just happen to be on TV at the same time as Rampage too
That's what EVOLVE was supposed to be and I think they ran two shows ever on the WWE Network and both times were up against another wrestling show

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Sean Ross sapp posted some contracts news, anything interesting in it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dimebags Brain posted:

personally I can't wait for NXT Svalbard

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Sean Ross sapp posted some contracts news, anything interesting in it

As of 5PM (100 minutes ago) Adam Cole has still not re-signed, for the like three people that thought the meeting with Vince would be enough for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Chris James 2 posted:

As of 5PM (100 minutes ago) Adam Cole has still not re-signed, for the like three people that thought the meeting with Vince would be enough for him

has he resigned though