Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

kitten emergency posted:

its the specific combination of wings, pizza, cheesesteak, and tacos that I found strange

Yeah pretty much every pizza place in buffalo also served tacos. I would always order one or two with a pizza for delivery. I'm in Albany now and except for a few middle eastern pizza places that have 75 page menus, tacos are pretty rare. my kid just started delivering pizza for a nearby place, maybe i'll have him suggest tacos

edit: on topic, interesting article about Hochul in the Post today. She's saying she's going to get rid of a bunch of the Cuomo holdovers. Good. My wife got harassed working for NYS, and when she filed a complaint they retaliated against her. All on cuomo's watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/morganfmckay/status/1426250069683093506

motherFUCKER

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmfao

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cuomo's runnin

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
what was that bullshit women's rights party cuomo created a few years ago to run under, he should run on that line next year

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

kitten emergency posted:

what was that bullshit women's rights party cuomo created a few years ago to run under, he should run on that line next year

Women's Equality Party. Set up to ratfuck the Working Families Party.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Hey there Governor Hochul, happy first day of work this Tuesday. We all chipped in and got you a hurricane to flatten Long Island as a welcome gift. Completely clean slate there to do whatever you want.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

youre dick posted:

Yeah pretty much every pizza place in buffalo also served tacos. I would always order one or two with a pizza for delivery. I'm in Albany now and except for a few middle eastern pizza places that have 75 page menus, tacos are pretty rare. my kid just started delivering pizza for a nearby place, maybe i'll have him suggest tacos.

Completely unrelated to tacos. Have you, or any other Albany folks ever been to the Betty Boop diner? We went there last week and my partner threw up into her coffee cup after one bite. The place was loving wild. Recommend for the ambiance. The Mansion district is really beautiful in its own way. The other bars around there were fantastic.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

If you guys aren't doing anything 5heres a fun hardcore punk lineup at Goldsounds, including Urban Waste. My buddy is playing drums for 2 of the bands.

Hardcore shows have the most interesting audience.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I love Urban Waste, they’re maybe my all time favorite nyhc band.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Its pretty insane my buddy is playing on the same line up. Used to see them at Kingsland. Talked to the singer once at the bar, nicest dude in the world.

E: lol thought this was the nyc lan. Ill prob repost the plug there.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Shageletic posted:

E: lol thought this was the nyc lan. Ill prob repost the plug there.

ah whoops, yeah I get confused by this thread title fairly frequently

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

mrmcd posted:

Hey there Governor Hochul, happy first day of work this Tuesday. We all chipped in and got you a hurricane to flatten Long Island as a welcome gift. Completely clean slate there to do whatever you want.

Let's not be too hasty... https://twitter.com/annagronewold/status/1429136660038574086

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

I get the feeling from this that he’s gonna try to use the hurricane as an excuse to push back his resignation.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
if cuomo pulls a "my people need me" i will die laughing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Judakel posted:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
new york is a mess

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Judakel posted:

with his ego you know he's going to play that card

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Judakel posted:

new york is a mess

its a BIG FAT WASTE

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1429837810228506626

:wave:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/GloriaPazmino/status/1429852926206488581?s=20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

E: NM

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Wow. Didn't think I'd see the day cspam is gleefully making GBS threads on a 63 year old man with difficulty keeping a pet due to an eviction stemming from his sudden unemployment. smdh.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Wow. Didn't think I'd see the day cspam is gleefully making GBS threads on a 63 year old man with difficulty keeping a pet due to an eviction stemming from his sudden unemployment. smdh.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

mrmcd posted:

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

eeyyyy

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

mrmcd posted:

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I guess everyone who posts in this thread drowned due to ida.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my cousins house in Mamaroneck got flooded from above (roof failed) and below (river rose up)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

can't wait for this to start happening 1-2 times a year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it rained like ive never seen 3 times this month

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

but this is a 1 in 1000 year rainfall!!!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

oh, word, the climate has dramatically changed in the last 200 years, and at an increasing pace? huh

I have a loving bucket still collecting dripping water from somewhere in my building's facade, through my window frame

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I spent all summer upstate in a farm dealing with insane rain that killed half the crop and nursing goats that got sick due to the moisture. Spent 1 week scrubbing mold off of the barn and house. Come back to NYC and see everything is underwater again. Lol, lmao.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hope everyone's safe. Up in the HV we got some pretty heavy rain and minor flooding but nothing crazy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ughhhh posted:

I guess everyone who posts in this thread drowned due to ida.

all the city folks post in LAN or the discord. don't worry, we've been complaining and posting excellent videos

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Hasn't been too bad up here in Troy, as far as I know. Just lots of rain last night. We did do some serious drainage overhaul after the flooding of summer 2019, though.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
a lot of standing water left this morning in the mid HV but nothing insane.

Tbf the month of July took the low hanging risk areas out, because let’s not forget in addition to last night, the first three weeks of July clocked like seven inches of rain here.

I have a wicked sore throat that I’m hoping is just some weird byproduct of the weather and not covid, got tested this morning regardless. I feel bad for my wife and cats... or maybe they’re excited that I shutter myself in the office to await results

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the state assembly extended the eviction moratorium until January 2022 yesterday btw, in some good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ughhhh posted:

I spent all summer upstate in a farm dealing with insane rain that killed half the crop and nursing goats that got sick due to the moisture. Spent 1 week scrubbing mold off of the barn and house. Come back to NYC and see everything is underwater again. Lol, lmao.

yeah this poo poo has been a real pain in the rear end for my buddies up the road getting their communal farm off the ground

I gotta get my hands on more often