Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Scratch Monkey posted:

Some Catholics are upset that fetal stem cell lines were used to make the vaccine. Of course those cell lines are used to make lots of other medicines and vaccines, so...
Some Vegans are upset that it was tested on animals, but if you're honestly pro-life or anti-suffering or whatever rather than just using that as a shield against things that you already decided you don't want to do, getting the vaccine will prevent more unnecessary death and sentient suffering than some mice or a fetus from the 70s being involved would cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
The problem with these idiots getting themselves deathly ill isn't really the fact they are getting sick. They made a dumbass choice and are suffering the consequences. I'd rather nobody get sick. But when it's directly because you chose to ignore rational thinking and science, that's on you.

The awful thing is the family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and everyone else in their path who gets the plague because of them. It's not really a Boomer Remover when each one of them is likely getting a bunch of folks sick. Folks who didn't make the same ignorant choices.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

oh god not the loving fetal tissue poo poo again

(i have personal and frustrating experience with these rationales from cut off former friends and it still just makes me mad)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

NecroBob posted:

Semi-related question:

Here in the U.S., how difficult is it to successfully sue for religious discrimination? Like corporation X says "get vaccinated or don't bother coming in", person A claims religious exemption, corporation X says "no", person A refuses vaccination, gets fired, then sues corporation X for religious discrimination.

Is it fairly easy for the plaintiff? Or is it nigh impossible, like insanity defenses? Or just somewhere in the middle? I'm not a lawyer, so I really have no idea.

This is unfortunately one of the things that varies state to state and even varies on lesser government levels. Sometimes it's difficult, most of the time you just say "my religion says no" and it's fine.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Sanguinia posted:

and remember that their poo poo is endangering total innocents, and even if it wasn't its still not right to be PLEASED that they're dying.

What? Of course it is. No more endangering total innocents. Every time I read about one of these people dying, it honestly brightens my day.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Natural immunity surpasses this concoction these money grubbers came up with hands down. Gods creation is beyond our comprehension ...seriously stop and think what our bodies do every minute of every day .

Well our bodies are pretty bad at fighting polio, tetanus and rabies without help from vaccines.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well our bodies are pretty bad at fighting polio, tetanus and rabies without help from vaccines.

Wait until you hear about smallpox!

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

Some Catholics are upset that fetal stem cell lines were used to make the vaccine. Of course those cell lines are used to make lots of other medicines and vaccines, so...

Thing is, the mRNA vaccines weren't made using fetal stem cell lines. (The only connection they have is that a test used to validate the vaccines was originally developed using fetal stem cell lines.) Only the J&J shot was made using fetal stem cell lines, which makes it similar to the rubella shot (which the Catholic church has long encouraged administering to children, in spite of this objection). The Vatican, the US Conference of Bishops, and many various figures throughout the American Catholic church have made it clear that getting a COVID shot is not only permissible, it's arguably a moral obligation.

Of course, this does not stop the many American Catholics who still make Facebook posts screaming about ground-up fetuses getting put in the shots and various Catholic bishops being in on a massive dead-baby coverup at the behest of the communist Pope Francis who was installed by the illuminati or some poo poo. I imagine it should stop Catholics from being able to claim a religious exemption, though.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Can Francis just sit on the Magic Pope Chair and declare that Vaccine Is Good under that "If the pope says it on the chair its the word of god," rule? That'd be nice.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Captain Log posted:

The problem with these idiots getting themselves deathly ill isn't really the fact they are getting sick. They made a dumbass choice and are suffering the consequences. I'd rather nobody get sick. But when it's directly because you chose to ignore rational thinking and science, that's on you.

The awful thing is the family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and everyone else in their path who gets the plague because of them. It's not really a Boomer Remover when each one of them is likely getting a bunch of folks sick. Folks who didn't make the same ignorant choices.

And they are taking up space in hospitals, blocking access for people who took every precaution or have some other condition completely.

Like by their own logic on women getting abortions they should be denied access to care.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Sanguinia posted:

Can Francis just sit on the Magic Pope Chair and declare that Vaccine Is Good under that "If the pope says it on the chair its the word of god," rule? That'd be nice.

Technically yes but papal bulls are kind of like the Queen of England.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They secretly run the world and are also lizards.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Xiahou Dun posted:

Technically yes but papal bulls are kind of like the Queen of England.

They had a lot more authority back when the pope commanded an army

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

*in the most monotone voice possible (aka Ben Stein or Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka "No, don't")* wow, I am totally shocked that they went this way. it is so unexpected. whoever could possibly see this coming

VitalSigns posted:

Nobody is telling anybody to shoot themselves up with horse drugs; please stop spreading medical misinformation.

The horse drug comes in an oral formulation so people are being told to swallow it, according to the poison control centers that have to keep fielding calls from people who made themselves sick from eating horse-sized doses of anti-parasite meds.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1428841380126855172

Heh, Mississippi, shocker there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Both of them have an unfortunate history with child sex crimes.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Francis has already been as vocally pro-vaccine as he could be short of climbing into the magic chair with his magic stick to say the magic words in his magic hat, and even if he did, it wouldn't do a drat thing to get more shots in arms, at least not in the US. On the Venn diagram of American Catholics, the anti-vaxx/"not putting ground-up fetuses in MY body!" circle is almost entirely inside the anti-Francis/"not MY pope!" circle. The True Catholics who are sharing Facebook posts about dead babies in the vaccines are also the ones forwarding chain emails to each other about how this Marxist pope is ruining the church, and if you catch them doing this and try to point out that it seems they now find themselves a part of a long religious tradition founded on protestanting the pope, you're gonna get a slack-jawed stare as the irony sails right over their head.

Let's see what the freepers have said lately about the pope. Who knows if these folks are Catholic, but speaking from experience, these sentiments are not hard to find among the hard-right and anti-vaxx populations in the American Catholic church.

quote:

Posted on 8/18/2021, 9:07:00 AM by Enlightened1

Getting vaccinated against #COVID19 is an "act of love," says Pope Francis in a public service ad by the Vatican.

quote:

To: Enlightened1

An Act of suicide is more like it.

2 posted on 8/18/2021, 9:10:03 AM by Safrguns
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Safrguns

Who cares what this servant of Satan says?

7 posted on 8/18/2021, 9:23:35 AM by Noumenon (The Second Amendment exists primarily to deal with those who just won't take no for an answer. KTF)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Vicar of Christ?

No.

Frankie From Argentina serves as a Useful Idiot for satan.

9 posted on 8/18/2021, 9:24:23 AM by bimboeruption (Trump = The best President since Washington. )

quote:

Forget about the medical bills that anti-Pope Francis won't pay for those who get the Jim Jones Jab.

While anti-Pope Francis will answer to God for his own sins, each Catholic will have to answer why they took an experimental treatment developed with testing from cells of aborted children.
15 posted on 8/18/2021, 9:33:11 AM by T.B. Yoits
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Next time this Pope is spiritually right on an issue will be his first.

17 posted on 8/18/2021, 9:45:07 AM by bray (Hating Whites is racist)

quote:

Well frank, sounds like it’s about time to return to south america and work with the 4th reich folks again. They’ll be all for experiments on folks that don’t want to participate.

14 posted on 8/18/2021, 9:32:34 AM by rktman (Destroy America from within? Check! WTH? Enlisted USN 1967 to end up with this? 😕)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I know their only real knowledge of nazis is "stock villain from war movie," but it's hilarious how often they talk about the Fourth Reich and the Holocaust and poo poo. Considering these are the people who'd be cheering on Zombie Hitler if Look Who's Back was real

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

SocketWrench posted:

*in the most monotone voice possible (aka Ben Stein or Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka "No, don't")* wow, I am totally shocked that they went this way. it is so unexpected. whoever could possibly see this coming

Heh, Mississippi, shocker there.

Because of course taking medication for livestock is completely sane and rational. Unlike taking medications for humans.

I'm sure none of this ivory tower big Pharma devil science went into creating those medications, either.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Captain Log posted:

Because of course taking medication for livestock is completely sane and rational. Unlike taking medications for humans.

I'm sure none of this ivory tower big Pharma devil science went into creating those medications, either.

All big Pharma devils always test all animal medications on humans fully to make sure they are safe for human use they just don't license them to use on humans for "reasons". Oh I know, it's so they can charge more for other things or something.

But capitalism is actually a good thing, and any restraint we put on these companies that are harboring life saving cures is bad.

pseudanonymous fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 23, 2021

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I know their only real knowledge of nazis is "stock villain from war movie," but it's hilarious how often they talk about the Fourth Reich and the Holocaust and poo poo. Considering these are the people who'd be cheering on Zombie Hitler if Look Who's Back was real

No, whats hilarious is when they talk about the Nazis In South America thing but they also love Bolsonaro, South America's biggest Nazi, because he's Trump's buddy

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I mean, your body is amazing at fighting those things, you just have to get it fired up to do so first. Which is exactly what a vaccine does: it activates your body's natural defense mechanisms (that God made, I suppose).

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sanguinia posted:

No, whats hilarious is when they talk about the Nazis In South America thing but they also love Bolsonaro, South America's biggest Nazi, because he's Trump's buddy they actually love Nazis

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Scratch Monkey posted:

Pope tole them to suck it up so that's out.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The chuds are taking the Cyber Ninjas getting covid with dignity and class.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Hmm...the people we count on to get to the bottom of all the corruption we claim is happening end up being grifters. Could it be that we're gullible idiots?

No, it's the DEEP STATE that's wrong!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
lmao

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

quote:

To: Right Wing Vegan
ANTIFA goes out of its way to exude satanism. They probably think they are Galdalf, when in fact they are Golem.

7 posted on 8/23/2021, 11:52:08 PM by The Duke (Search for 'Sydney Ducks' and understand what is needed.)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
How do you know enough LotR to use it as a reference but not know loving Gandalf's name

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I'm loving how antifa became the new communism for them.
Just assign whatever evil attributes to it without knowing what it is

Sanguinia posted:

No, whats hilarious is when they talk about the Nazis In South America thing but they also love Bolsonaro, South America's biggest Nazi, because he's Trump's buddy

They'll never admit openly to it, but they love fascism. If it came to america in full force, so long as it was their guy in charge, they'd embrace it wholeheartedly without batting an eye. Kind of ironic given that most of their parents were the ones that had to stomp out fascism, there's no real generational gap that separates them

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

They'll never admit openly to it, but they love fascism. If it came to america in full force, so long as it was their guy in charge, they'd embrace it wholeheartedly without batting an eye. Kind of ironic given that most of their parents were the ones that had to stomp out fascism, there's no real generational gap that separates them

If you think about it, it's the ultimate rebellion against your parents.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Uh, fascism is already here and the Right has been solidly fascist for a number of years. Fascism is psychological as much as it is political and the current GOP openly rejected the concept of free and fair elections when they all voted to invalidate the election.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Zeroisanumber posted:

Pope tole them to suck it up so that's out.

https://y.yarn.co/20ca4c23-e44c-4843-b1bb-84e11004dfde.mp4

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

pseudanonymous posted:

And they are taking up space in hospitals, blocking access for people who took every precaution or have some other condition completely.

Like by their own logic on women getting abortions they should be denied access to care.

I don't agree that anyone sould be outright denied medical care, no matter how much of a bull-headed selfish piece of poo poo they are. I do, however, think that they should be put right at the back of the queue for resources that, if denied to them due to scarcity that comes as a result of their own actions in not getting the vaccine/wearing a mask etc, would then become a direct consequence of their own actions and not that of a mandate.

As for how much or how little glee a person might feel watching them suffer those consequences, well, that's just an individual personal choice that no-one else has any business moralising over. I personally agree with the attitude of "gently caress 'em"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Conditioning medical care on "personal responsibility" rather than need is unethical and I really wish I could stop hearing it from progressives.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

VitalSigns posted:

Conditioning medical care on "personal responsibility" rather than need is unethical and I really wish I could stop hearing it from progressives.

Sure, but so is these people going into a hospital after this, unless they're paying out of their own pocket. It's just less unethical than the alternative, and personal instead of societal. So it is better, but I am still allowed to be mad at those fucks for not just dying at home.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

VitalSigns posted:

I wish I'd stop hearing about how people "love all life" and "all lives matter" while actively trying to infect my sick father-in-law and kindergartner because we're leftist.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

VitalSigns posted:

There is a difference between more or less intentionally spreading a communicable disease that kills people who are unable to be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons and overloads the hospital capacity so that people who'd have a lower survival chance for other diseases are triaged into death and say getting heart disease because you're obese and haven't managed your caloric intake.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

DarkCrawler posted:

Sure, but so is these people going into a hospital after this, unless they're paying out of their own pocket. It's just less unethical than the alternative, and personal instead of societal. So it is better, but I am still allowed to be mad at those fucks for not just dying at home.

Yeah your personal emotional opinion is spot on. But in reality, even these heinous spiteful fuckos deserve to be triaged according to necessity. A sane healthcare system in a sane country doesn't have political or scientific opinion as a qualifier for who gets healthcare.

e: now more than ever, what we really need is Fever Dream Leftist Obama and his breakdancing bodyguards forcibly hauling the antivaxxers in for their shots

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I didn't mean to start a whole thing: let me reassure you all that hating the purposely unvaccinated people for being stupid assholes is not unethical.