Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

i love game cube

me too. honestly in terms of game library (not including backwards compat) i would go 1. snes 2. gc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

no trolling pls

Trolling is encouraged.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
modded wii then xbox series x then n64

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

modded Wii U is even better than a modded wii

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
cereal guy: he will never be able to hack this wii u firmware.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ps1

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Snes exclusive games that got an official original English release, off the top of my head, no googling

Zelda a Link to the Past
Super metroid
Final fantasy 6
Final fantasy 4
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Shadowrun
Illusion of gaia
Actraiser
Castlevania 4
Super mario world
Fzero
Yoshis island
Super mario rpg
Secret of Mana
Turtles in time
Kirbys dream course
Breath of fire 2
Killer instinct
Pilotwings
Super mario kart
Mystical ninja
Goof troop
Uniracers
S.o.s.
Demons crest
EVO
Ogre battle
Lufia 2
Star fox
Super punch out
Donkey kong country 2
Contra 3
Secret of evermore
Terranigma

I don't even know how you can begin to compete with games like that, poo poo was unreal.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Nintendo Switch is the greatest video game console of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Snes exclusive games that got an official original English release, off the top of my head, no googling

Zelda a Link to the Past
Super metroid
Final fantasy 6
Final fantasy 4
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Shadowrun
Illusion of gaia
Actraiser
Castlevania 4
Super mario world
Fzero
Yoshis island
Super mario rpg
Secret of Mana
Turtles in time
Kirbys dream course
Breath of fire 2
Killer instinct
Pilotwings
Super mario kart
Mystical ninja
Goof troop
Uniracers
S.o.s.
Demons crest
EVO
Ogre battle
Lufia 2
Star fox
Super punch out
Donkey kong country 2
Contra 3
Secret of evermore
Terranigma

I don't even know how you can begin to compete with games like that, poo poo was unreal.

Halo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evo is worse than a european platformer amd anyone whom likes it is a wet brained boomer loke me but hasn't fired it up the way it was meant to be played aka in retro arch on a laptop running linuc recently

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played it since launch but I remember it being different but pretty cool when I was 9

Also just remembered Soulblazer

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
every time someone mentions secret of mana as being a goty i feel like im being trolled i tried that game three times and couldnt get into it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

every time someone mentions secret of mana as being a goty i feel like im being trolled i tried that game three times and couldnt get into it

its an awful game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

trials of mana/seiken densetsu 3 is pretty tite tho

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ArfJason posted:

It's a love it or hate it game. I don't think it's nostalgia because a friend of mine just played it for the first time a few months ago and loved it

The gameplay is really glitchy but you make it part of your strategy. Like when you know you have to hit a boss on an exact pixel or it doesn't register

It's also a lot more fun multi-player. but I can see why people would be turned off to it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evo has one of the worst soundtracks of any game ever which is cool tho. There's the one good song the ocean one that everyone remembers but most of the game you spend listening to a version of this

https://youtu.be/2crrEogfje0

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It's a love it or hate it game. I don't think it's nostalgia because a friend of mine just played it for the first time a few months ago and loved it

The gameplay is really glitchy but you make it part of your strategy. Like when you know you have to hit a boss on an exact pixel or it doesn't register

It's also a lot more fun multi-player. but I can see why people would be turned off to it.

Its the terrible cooldowns and menus that make it bad to play. In addition to the awful levelling you have to do for weapons and magic. That make it bad

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Evo has one of the worst soundtracks of any game ever which is cool tho. There's the one good song the ocean one that everyone remembers but most of the game you spend listening to a version of this

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I literally lolled within 5 seconds of pressing play

Wtf I don't remember that song at all. That's hilarious

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao i knew what itd be

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god this one's even worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TskNPZobUaM

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bongo Bill posted:

It's this. Triple a gaming on the go and it even comes with a built in nes and SNES. Qed

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Dreamcast is best because of the handful of Arcade ports that all came out on PS2 a few months later.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You’re supposed to post good games for Tony and vegetq

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmfao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

You’re supposed to post good games for Tony and vegetq

son tony

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hidden snes gem: skyblazer. i loved that one as a kid. great music. weird thing: it still uses a grid password save system for some reason

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Yeah I said 3DS but I think the Switch is a close second and might overtake it with a few more good releases

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

hidden snes gem: skyblazer. i loved that one as a kid. great music. weird thing: it still uses a grid password save system for some reason

Great game. Castlevania 4 used the grid password system too

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i cannot pick just one nintendo console as they have all brought me much joy. nintendo ftw