Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Captain Magic posted:

don’t know who did it, but someone here posted the Death Panel pod, specifically the one blasting Emily Oster.

Thank you. It is such a loving relief to hear people talk out loud in intelligent ways about the massive crisis we are in. Makes me feel a lot less crazy.

You guys here are good too, but there’s also a lot of black humor(/prophecy) that is sometimes difficult to digest in large volumes and there are always a dozen new pages to this thread. please keep it up though; I am just weak

this thread definitely has many people who spend too much time looking at bad news that they can't do anything about and getting upset about it, myself included, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Casey Finnigan posted:

this thread definitely has many people who spend too much time looking at bad news that they can't do anything about and getting upset about it, myself included, yeah

:hai:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they all believe that china is lying about their numbers

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

nexous posted:

I hope everyone dies

yes even you

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

can a respirator be built into a fursuit

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Atrocious Joe posted:

don't ask questions you don't want the answer to

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

yeah but they aren’t adding negatives right now I think. when they get behind they count positives only and then add trees negatives back in later.

I expect it will show a dip once they backfill the data but "straight up with a divot" isn't much better than "straight up" at the end of the day. The same thing happened on July 25th and it's not like we turned the corner then.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

I expect it will show a dip once they backfill the data but "straight up with a divot" isn't much better than "straight up" at the end of the day. The same thing happened on July 25th and it's not like we turned the corner then.

i can't wait for school to start again :sludgepal:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

can a fur suit be modeled after a robot instead of an animal, and can the robot be air man from mega man

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Casey Finnigan posted:

we’ve got beans and tips on supply chain issues and respirators, wdym we can’t do anything about it? we have been helping each other do something before most people knew what a coronavirus was. it’s beautiful.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

it's literally "better things aren't possible"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

cr0y posted:

The biggest furry convention in the country happens every year in my city and it's always....quite a thing.

I ran into a giant cat at 7-11 that did magic :3:

Just say Pittsburgh, everyone on these forums knows Pittsburgh

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/bernybelvedere/status/1429958633501208576

Apr 7, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Summers already over ya clown

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

so when does the “vaccines protect against hospitalization and death” shoe drop?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Just say Pittsburgh, everyone on these forums knows Pittsburgh

what's pittsburgh

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Plank Walker posted:

America's motto

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Pittsburgh yinz nuts gottem

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

cenotaph posted:

I saw specific recommendations not to do antibody tests earlier this year because people might alter their behavior to be more risky if they know they have antibodies. There was also the question of how accurate they'd be but hopefully they've figured that put since March.

My rheumatologist has never told me to skip my biologic before a vaccine but my aunt skips hers. He's also never told me to get an antibody test. Hilariously I think I took mine like two days before two of my three vaccines. Maybe he's a dipshit and yours is good!

My doctor is very loving good. I believe him when he says lets get it checked. They were like " Yeah it can't hurt" when it came to skipping the humira dose.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Good to see in a press conference here the NZ finance minister was very clear and strong in messaging that the New Zealand economy was significantly stronger and more resilient than others over the last year because of the health measures the government has been taking (e.g. lockdowns). I think that they've also noticed and are actively attempting to combat the open-biden stories.

Also lol 58 of the 148 cases in the country now were from one church, going to church and singing right now seems like an insanely bad idea.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Its cold out summers over I dont need fuckin Google to tell me that. Sept "summer" lmao that shits outdated you're using boomer weather models

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Plank Walker posted:

you are a moron if you think that better things are possible.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
realized my sister hasn't called me since June and since she's the only one in my family who ever calls me to notify wtf is going on I realized huh she could be fuckin vented in a hospital with covid and i'd never know it.

weird realization. she's probably just pissed at me tho for refusing to go meet her in yellowstone this summer because MASKS OFF PARTY TIME. im a bad person for being safe a shut in.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Buck Wildman posted:

I smooch my pooch and I am not sorry

Show us the pooch

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lacrosse posted:

I went to Safeway this afternoon and they were completely out of bottled water. Another shopper asked the clerk saying she'd been to 3 stores and no one had bottled water in stock. I didn't see anything else out of stock, just the water.

Yeah I saw some people panic buying all the water via a Shipt shopper from my grocery store 2 weeks ago already.

We have a big Britta tank in the fridge, idk what people’s thoughts are on just using that?

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 24, 2021

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I'm glad I didn't have kids since apparently your first goal is to murder them and get away with it. I don't really want to kill my kids in fact I think I would want to love them and take care of them but our animal instincts are just too powerful. The kids must die!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Casey Finnigan posted:

i spent two and a half to three months turning off all news and social media, went to suckin and fuckin bc covid drove me mad, and i still could not avoid it. its there every loving time i walk outside my home.

and its not just people itt. theres a lot of people that care, that dont understand why it has to be this way, that dont want to get covid—but slowly but surely they all just give up. our society is broken, irreparably. there never was and there never will be a solution to covid that doesnt involve massive amounts of death and human misery, bc every solution means curbing the one thing americans hold as an absolute—FREEDOM.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

deadwing posted:

the chuds are now just buying anything with a horse on it

tactor supply

...this has to be fake right

Shiroc posted:

Honey have you finished boofing your horse drugs before we go to the bar to try to pick up a third?

lmfao

Apr 7, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Its cold out summers over I dont need fuckin Google to tell me that. Sept "summer" lmao that shits outdated you're using boomer weather models

It's 90F today and 90F tomorrow here

Apr 7, 2003

lol summer's over bitch

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Stereotype posted:

you are a moron if you think that better things are possible.

There's a difference between us saying it, and the people in charge saying it.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Delta-Wye posted:

i can't wait for school to start again :sludgepal:

Some part of me still believes they're going to abort before like a thousand kids get sick :[

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Gio posted:

bc every solution means curbing the one thing americans hold as an absolute—CAPITALISM.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ok what is that Facebook group I have to dive in.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
someone is blowing a vuvuzela at this oakland a's game

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1429844141626650627

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Gio posted:

i spent two and a half to three months turning off all news and social media, went to suckin and fuckin bc covid drove me mad, and i still could not avoid it. its there every loving time i walk outside my home.

and its not just people itt. theres a lot of people that care, that dont understand why it has to be this way, that dont want to get covid—but slowly but surely they all just give up. our society is broken, irreparably. there never was and there never will be a solution to covid that doesnt involve massive amounts of death and human misery, bc every solution means curbing the one thing americans hold as an absolute—PROFIT.

Fixed that for you.

Most people will front about freedom, but the real answer is the soul-deep terror of how we treat the poor, and what wil happen to them if they lose their job.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

tenderjerk posted:

I feel bad for farmers that need their sheep and horses dewormed

I am unreasonably pissed that I have to arm-wrestle the stuff down my pony's throat while these asshats are willingly slurping it down like ice cream. Maybe I need to stick a TV playing FoxNews in the stall when it's deworming time.

Nah - animal cruelty.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Dude this Death Panel podcast is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

VomitOnLino posted:

Some more good Japan news lmao

Oh, word?

LMAO

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14423945

thank you for keeping us up to date on japan. we have a couple of japanese goons, but mostly we get updates from australia.